剧集 | 权欲(2014) | 导航列表
That's why I changed my last name.
所以我才改姓的
Because that is not who I am.
因为这不是我
I became a criminal defense attorney
我成为犯罪辩护律师
because I believe in justice.
是因为我相信正义
Because I'm a patriot, Ms. Navarro.
因为我是爱国主义者 纳瓦罗女士
Ours is the noblest of all professions.
我们律师是所有职业中最高尚的
Just because I stand beside criminals in rooms like this,
就因为我在这种房♥间里站在罪犯旁边
does not mean I am a criminal.
不代表我就是罪犯
We'd like to hear the testimony of one more witness.
我们还想听一位目击证人的证词
Your co-counsel during the case at hand,
你上个案子 美国诉詹姆斯·圣帕特里克那场官司
United States Vs. James St. Patrick.
跟你合作的律师
Mr. Silver, you do realize your testimony is under oath?
西尔弗先生 你了解自己必须宣誓说真话吧
Yes.
是的
During the preliminary hearing,
你们共同的客户
for your mutual client, James St. Patrick,
詹姆斯·圣帕特里克案件初步听证的时候
were you aware that your co-counsel had previously
你知道合伙律师曾经
represented Thomas Patrick Egan?
代表过托马斯·帕特里克·伊根出庭吗
Yes.
知道
And did you feel there was a conflict of interest
你会不会觉得圣帕特里克先生和伊根先生之间
between Mr. St. Patrick and Mr. Egan?
有利益冲突
Yes.
会的
He advised our client James St. Patrick
他曾经建议我们的客户詹姆斯·圣帕特里克
not to take a deal at a critical juncture in the case.
在案件紧要关头不要接受和解提议
Most attorneys I know would've behaved differently.
据我所知大多数律师都不会这么做
Did you ever express this to Mr. Proctor?
这一点你跟普罗克特先生说过吗
I did.
说过
Did you ask him to recuse himself?
你让他自行离开了吗
I did, but...
让了 但是
What was his response?
他怎么说
He told me it wasn't a conflict,
他说没有冲突
and asked me not to speak of it again.
还让我不要再提这件事了
In your opinion, is Joe Proctor an ethical attorney?
你觉得 乔·普罗科特有职业道德吗
Mr. Silver?
西尔弗先生
I think there's a gray area
我认为刑事辩护
in criminal defense when your client is innocent,
是存在灰色地带的 当客户是无辜的
where perhaps passion
也许做律师过于热情
overwhelms the hard lines of ethics.
就没法分清道德底线在哪里
So that's a no?
所以没有吗
No further questions.
没别的问题了
You just said James St. Patrick was innocent
你刚才说詹姆斯·圣帕特里克
in our case, right?
是无辜的 对吧
I don't think that's the issue here.
我觉得问题不在于此
Just answer the question.
请回答问题
Was he innocent? Yes.
他是无辜的吗 是的
So was I out of line when I advised an innocent client
所以我建议无辜的客户
not to take a deal and allocute a lie to the court?
不接受认罪提议 不要认罪欺骗个法庭 这不对吗
I feel your advice was based on your relationship
我觉得你提这个建议是因为
to both our client and his friend, Thomas Patrick Egan.
你跟这位客户和他朋友托马斯·帕特里克·伊根的关系
Their interests did not converge at that point
审讯当时他们并没有
in the trial.
出现利益冲突
Like I said to you then,
我当时也和你说了
James was innocent.
詹姆斯是无辜的
And neither James nor Tommy
詹姆斯或者汤米
wanted James to go to jail for a crime he didn't commit.
都不希望詹姆斯无辜入狱
That is not a conflict of interest.
这并不是利益冲突
I know the rules, Joe.
我知道规矩 乔
You didn't follow the rules.
你并没有守规矩
Without the rules, this whole system, it all goes down.
没有规矩 整个法律系统就完了
You've never compromised yourself
你就从来没有为无辜的客户
for an innocent client before?
做出妥协过吗
No.
没有啊
I haven't.
真的
No further questions.
我没有别的问题了
We'll take the testimony under advisement, Mr. Proctor.
我们会考虑今天的证词 普罗克特先生
We'll get you a decision soon.
不就会做出决定的
Soon?
不就
Carmine.
卡迈恩
Come on, wake up.
快醒醒
We gotta go talk to Vincent.
我们得跟文森特谈谈
He's dead.
他死了
Are you sure?
真的吗
Check him again!
再去检查一下
I told you I get paid either way.
我说了他死活我都收钱
And you,
你
you dimed me out to Teresi.
在特雷西面前出♥卖♥♥♥了我
You didn't even give me a chance to fix this.
都没给我机会弥补
Why would I?
为什么给你机会
Clearly you're out of your fuckin' league.
显然你根本不够格
Now you gotta explain two dead guys to Vincent.
现在你只能跟文森特解释一下为什么死了两个人
Dre put me in charge of this shipment big time.
这批货德瑞几乎全让我管了
Think he might give me that number two spot?
你觉得他可能会给我老二的位子吗
You been fucking with Dre longer than anyone,
我跟德瑞混得时间比任何人都长
so I hope the fuck he is,
我当然希望他能这么做
'cause if you the number two nigga,
因为如果你是老二
then that makes me nigga number three.
那我就是老三了
That's a fact.
说的没错
Yo, Dre want that Toro dead.
德瑞想干掉那个公牛
For real?
真的吗
Yo, Spank.
斯庞克
Bust a U-ey.
调转车头
I don't think we should be doing this, man.
我不认为我们应该这样做
Bust a Uey, Spank! Fuck.
调转车头 斯庞克 妈的
Hit it. The cops.
快走 有警♥察♥
Dr. Wolven,
沃尔文博士
everyone, I'd like for you to meet
还有大家 我想给你们介绍一下
James and Tasha St. Patrick.
詹姆斯和塔莎·圣帕特里克
Their daughter Raina
他们的女儿蕾娜
recently went home to be with the Lord.
最近升入天国与主同在
Welcome. So sorry for your loss.
欢迎 对你们的遭遇深表哀悼
Please, have a seat.
请坐
Thank you.
谢谢
I'll open us in prayer.
我来带大家祈祷
Lord,
主
thank you for this time together.
谢谢您给与我们这次相聚
Please bless and comfort
请赐与悲伤的人
everyone here who is grieving.
祝福和宽慰
We ask these things in your son's holy name.
以圣子的名义向你请求
Amen.
阿门
Amen.
阿门
Okay.
好了
Would anyone like to share how they've been doing?
有人愿意分享一下他们的故事吗
Jessica and I had a really hard week.
杰西卡和我刚度过了非常艰难的一周
Wednesday marked the six-month anniversary
周三是卢克去世的
of Luke's death.
六个月纪念日
Our son, Luke, he was walking home from school
我们的儿子 卢克 在从学校
and was killed by a drunk driver.
步行回家的路上被一个醉酒的司机开车撞死
He was a week away from celebrating
离他的16岁生日
his 16th birthday.
还有一周
I still sit in his room sometimes.
我有时还坐在他的房♥间
Well, I know it sounds crazy,
我知道这听起来很疯狂
but sometimes I follow Jeff,
但有时候我会跟踪杰夫
the guy who killed our son,
那个害死我们儿子的家伙
to Gavin's Liquor on 23rd.
看他去23大街加文的酒肆
He's always in a stupid work uniform.
他总是一身蠢蠢的工作服
And he always grabs a bottle of liquor.
他手里总拿着一瓶酒
It is only a matter of time
距离他去害死其他孩子之前
before he kills another kid.
只是时间问题
Is it wrong to want him dead?
想让他死难道是错误的吗
What you're feeling is normal.
你的感受是很正常的
Anger is part of the grieving process.
愤怒是哀悼的过程之一
剧集 | 权欲(2014) | 导航列表