剧集 | 皇家棕榈(2024) | 导航列表
(改编自朱丽叶麦丹尼尔的小说)
(美国派夫妇)
皇家棕榈
第一季第五集
(1949年)
我好期待啊 我从来没有做过最原始的飞机
I'm so excited! I've never been in an honest-to-goodness plane before.
你真是勇气可嘉啊 我还没遇过像你这么勇敢的女孩
You are one brave gal. I never met another lady with the stomach for it.
我向来喜欢坐过山车
I love roller coasters.
今天伴我同行的是 田纳西州最美丽的副机师
And I got the prettiest copilot in all of Tennessee.
好了 坐稳了
All right, hold tight!
起飞了
Up we go.
从高处俯瞰 这世界好小啊
The world looks so small from up here.
怕吗
You scared?
才不怕呢 有你在我就不怕 - 来了
Never. I'm never scared with you. - Here we go.
嘿 我打算辞去泛美航♥空♥的工作
Hey, you know what? I'm gonna quit my job at Pan Am,
成为一位空中写字员
and I'm gonna become a skywriter.
然后在空中写下七个9米大字
And I'm gonna write in 30-foot letters,
“我爱玛可欣霍顿” 让全查塔努加市的人看到
"I love Maxine Horton" for all of Chattanooga to see.
你对我是真心的
You really love me?
玛可欣 你是世界上最相信我的人
No one's ever believed in me the way that you do, Max.
跟你在一起 我觉得自己无所不能
I feel like I can do anything when I'm with you.
你快把我弄哭了
You're gonna make me cry.
我没弄哭你 是风太大了
Nah, that's just the wind.
不是 道格拉斯 是你弄哭了我 是你啊
No, it's you, Douglas. It's you.
好了 亲爱的 我要表演飞行特技了 准备好了吗
Okay, Sugar Pie, I'm gonna go full Red Baron on this baby, okay?
好啊 - 来了
Yeah. - Here we go.
你这样倒挂着还行吗
You okay up there?
没事 好过瘾
Yeah. I'm great.
只是这样倒挂在空中安全吗
I just don't know if I should be upside down.
怎么 你现在怕了
Yeah? Are you scared now?
怕了 因为我怀孕了
Yeah, 'cause I'm pregnant.
这很可能是我听过最动听的话了
That might just be the best thing that maybe I have ever heard.
嗨 查塔努加市的朋友们
Hey, Chattanooga.
道格拉斯西蒙斯要当爸爸了
Douglas Simmons is having a baby.
派瑞说:“一味地往远处看...
So Perry says, "If you focus on the horizon,
(佩内洛普罗林斯 与道格拉斯德拉科特西蒙斯的婚礼)
(1949年4月14日)
只会不断地陷入同一个困境”
then you will end up in the sand trap every time."
我听了说: “派瑞 你听我说 如果我只看眼前
And I say, "Look, Perry, if I just look down,
那就是盲人摸象
then I'm just taking a shot in the dark.
那我岂不是另一个海伦凯勒 ”
I may as well be Helen Keller out here."
那张请柬我看了又看
I've read that invitation a thousand times,
希望我看错了 但请柬的内容还是一样
hoping it'll say something else. But it's always the same.
邀请出席佩内洛普罗林斯 和道格拉斯德拉科特西蒙斯的婚礼
A wedding, Penelope Rollins and Douglas Dellacorte Simmons.
玛可欣 你不觉得好笑吗
Isn't life funny, Max?
怎么可能 怎么会发生这么离谱的事
How could it be? In what world is this possible?
我刚认识的朋友琳达和道格拉斯 竟然结过婚
My new friend Linda and my Douglas?
于是我决定既不专注于远处 也不专注于眼前
So I decide not to focus on the horizon or the ground.
我压低下巴 将目光聚焦在肚脐下方 然后...
I press my chin in, and I put my gaze just past my navel and--
用力一挥
Booyah!
球越过沙坑 一杆进洞
Over the bunker, hole in one!
还有我不知道的事吗
What else don't I know?
更重要的问题是 还有谁知道我不知道的事
And more importantly, who else knows what I don't know?
这是一种心理游戏
It is a game of the mind.
好了 我要去找派瑞开会了
All right, well, I'm gonna go get a little one-on-one time with Perry.
晚餐时见
See you at dinner.
心理游戏
Game of the mind.
在这之前 我还以为幸福婚姻的秘诀是
Up until now, I thought the secret to a great marriage was
时刻保持冷静 以乐观的心态面对困境 直到雨过天晴为止
keeping quiet and smiling through adversity until adversity smiles back.
可是这可不是 吵架后喝醉滚下楼梯这种戏码
But this is no drunken fall down the stairs after an argument.
事态严重啊 诺玛 你懂吗
This is bad, you know, Norma?
但如果我跟他说我知道这事 我可能会失去他 你说是吗
But if I tell him I know, I might lose him. Don't you think?
换做是你 你会怎么做
What would you do?
你说得太对了 我马上走到他跟前 跟他当面对质
You are exactly right. I'm gonna go walk up to him and tell him face-to-neck.
这就对了 走吧 你饿了吗
Yes, let's go. Are you hungry?
是 - 不饿 那好 等晚餐时才吃
Yes. - No? Okay, we can wait till dinner.
走吧 诺玛
Come on, Norma!
嗨 亲爱的 你带诺玛来了
Hey, babe. Brought Norma, huh?
玛可欣 亲爱的 我不知道你打算出门
Max, honey, I didn't know you were coming out.
可是派瑞随时会到
But Perry will be here any second.
你结过婚
You were married?
什么 - 你和琳达结过婚
What? - You were married to Linda.
谁是琳达 我不认识叫琳达的女人
Who is Linda? I don't know any Linda.
琳达 我的朋友琳达... 佩内洛普 她以前叫佩内洛普
Linda. My friend Linda-- Penelope, her name used to be Penelope.
道格拉斯
Douglas.
这...
Well...
原来这些日子你都跟她混在一起
This is who you've been palling around with this whole time?
佩内洛普罗林斯 天啊
Penelope Rollins? Oh, Christ!
你们还是夫妻吗
Are you still married to her?
不是 - 你是不是有好几个老婆
No! - Are you a polygamist?
你当我是小妾吗 - 玛可欣
Am I a sister wife? - Maxine.
我想不通 你真是个机师吗
Well, I don't know. Are you even a pilot?
还是个在七个不同的城市里 都有家室的牙刷销♥售♥员
Or are you a brush salesman with families in seven different cities?
可以先让我静一静吗
But just give me a second here, all right?
我也是现在听你说了以后才知道的
This is the first time I'm hearing any of this right now as we talk.
话都是说了才知道的啊 道格拉斯
That's how conversations work, Douglas.
我不是有意要瞒住你佩内洛普的事
It's not that I lied about Penelope.
我只是...
I just--
我只是没跟你提起过
I didn't bring her up.
得了吧
Oh, please!
我不想提起是因为我想努力忘记这段往事
The reason why I didn't say anything is because I wanted to forget it.
没错 我们很多年前订过婚
Yes, we were engaged many years ago.
但结婚那天是我毕生最可怕的一天
But the day we were supposed to be married was the worst day of my life.
玛可欣 你听我说
Max, look,
有件事我必须告诉你
there's something I have to tell you.
还有别的事
Something else?
结婚那天
On our wedding day,
佩内洛普朝她爸开枪
Penelope shot her father.
什么
What?
那天太可怕了 事发突然
It was awful. It came out of nowhere.
宾客们跑来跑去 到处都是血迹
People running around everywhere. There was blood everywhere.
我自己想到都恼恨不已 - 什么
And I just-- I personally hated it. - What?
所以我只想忘记这段往事 再也不愿意回想起来
And I just-- I wanted to move on and never look back,
然后我就认识你了 我性感的小玫瑰
and then I met you, my sexy little rose,
我美丽的小宝贝 跟你在一起很幸福
my beautiful little puffball. And we just were so happy together.
为什么 琳达为什么要做出这种事
Why? Why would Linda do such a thing?
可不是嘛 因为她疯了
Exactly. It's because she is crazy.
我不认为她是疯子
Well, I don't think she's crazy.
你仔细想想 她主动找上你 跟你做朋友
Think about it. She sought you out. She made you her friend.
她也没对你坦诚 简直离谱 荒“溜”至极 真是荒唐
She didn't tell you about it. That is crazy. C-R-A-S-E-Y. Crazy.
你刚刚是不是把“荒谬”说成了... - 老道格
Did you just spell crazy-- - Mrs. Doug-lidy-doo.
夫人 你好
How do you do, milady?
我应该带三杯饮料过来才对
Looks like I should have gotten three of these good boys.
不用 派瑞 我要走了
No need, Perry. I'm taking my leave.
我们晚点再说
And you and I will discuss this later.
嗨 诺玛 很高兴看到你出来溜达
Hi, Norma. Good to see you rolling around.
火气真大啊
What a firecracker.
我到现在还搞不清楚整个情况
Now I don't know what's up or down or what's what.
我们需要直奔问题的源头
We need to go straight to the source.
坐稳了
Hold on to your bones!
(人生阅历 自己掌控)
(佩内洛普罗林斯)
(佛州西棕榈滩克莱马蒂斯街 门牌3991号♥ 邮编33411)
我没事
Yeah.
只是在驱邪...避凶
Just a little-- Clearing, you know?
这该不会是那个名片架吧
That's not the Rolodex?
你没在做傻事吧
You not in here doing what I think you're doing?
这名片架不应该存在的
It shouldn't be in the world.
听好 我们终于可以做点事了 终于可以改变世界了
Look, we can finally do something. We finally can make a difference.
我们终于争取到一些权益了 你却感到无所适从
We finally have some power, and you don't know if you're comfortable?
琳达 - 糟糕
Linda! - Oh, shit.
别去 你坐下 乖乖待在这里
No, you sit and stay.
看到琳达吗 她在吗
Have you seen Linda? Is she here?
琳达
Linda!
在这里等我
Wait here.
剧集 | 皇家棕榈(2024) | 导航列表