剧集 | 斯科塞斯先生(2025) | 导航列表
约翰·高蒂杀掉保罗·卡斯特拉诺后
And it was the place that John Gotti took over
接管了这个地方
after he murdered Paul Castellano.
你想谈论那两个世界之间的联♥系♥
You wanna talk about the connection between those two worlds,
这个小孩子看着这一切
and here's this little kid watching that happen.
这怎么能不影响你呢?
How is that not gonna affect you?
我转而投入天主教的怀抱
The retreat was into Catholicism.
我印象最深刻的就是走进教堂
The strongest impression I ever got was going into a church.
我大概七岁的时候走进了第一家教堂
I was around seven years old when I went into my first church,
圣帕特里克大教堂
St. Patrick's Cathedral.
这让我从周围感受到的氛围解脱出来
It was a relief from what I sensed around me.
(老圣帕特里克大教堂)
我突然走进这个美丽的地方...
Suddenly, I walk into this beautiful place...
一片寂静
and it had serenity.
教堂会举办仪式
It had ritual.
而我是其中的一部分
And I was part of the ritual.
有些时候 我担任辅祭
There were moments when I was an altar boy,
负责敲钟
and I would ring the bells.
就在那一刻 全世界都静止了
That's a moment where, you know, the whole world stops.
显灵了
The presence is there.
上帝显灵了
The presence of God, right there.
他决定去上天主教的学校
He decided to go to Catholic school.
他去了圣帕特里克学校 从那里毕业
He went to St. Patrick's, graduated from there,
之后的生活围绕着宗教事务
and then everything after that was religious.
他成为了神父
Then he entered the priesthood.
有一座预备神学院
There was a preparatory seminary
位于85号♥街
and that was on 85th Street, somewhere.
刚开始几个月 我都一切顺利 但是...
I did okay for the first few months but...
之后发生了一件事
something happened.
(波·迪德利 1955年)
我开始意识到世界是在变化的
I began to realize the world was changing.
这是早期的摇滚乐 旧世界正在消亡
It was early rock-and-roll, and the old world was dying out.
波·迪德利 给自己的爱人买♥♥了钻戒...
Bo Diddley bought his babe A diamond ring...
我也意识到我周围的生活
I also became aware of life around me.
陷入爱河 或者被女孩子吸引
Falling in love or being attracted to girls.
我不会肆意宣泄这种爱意 但这些情感都真实存在着
And so, not that you're acting out on it, but there were these feelings.
我突然意识到 这个情况要复杂得多
And I suddenly realized it's much more complicated than this.
无法让自己禁欲
You can't shut yourself off.
我认识他很长时间了
I know him forever.
(乔·莫拉莱 孩童时期的好友)
我想 他成为神父 这本是件好事
Him being a priest, that would've been nice, I guess.
但我知道不会长久
But I don't... Never saw that finishing. You know, I didn't see that.
他对女人非常感兴趣
He had a heavy eye for the ladies, you know.
一想到神父
The idea of priesthood,
就会想到要为别人奉献自己 这就是这个工作的职责
to devote yourself to others, really, that's what it's about.
我意识到了自己不属于那里
And I realized, I don't belong there.
我想留下来 但是他们叫我爸爸过去
And I tried to stay, but they got my father in there,
告诉他:“把他带出去”
and they told him, "Get him outta here."
真的吗? - 对
Really? - Yeah.
因为我表现很差
Because I behaved badly.
但是我必须找到自己的方式
But I had to find my own way,
我无法在这种街上活下来
because there's no way I could have survived in the streets,
所以必须为以后找到更聪明的生存方式
so I had to find a more intellectual way of existing for the future.
但是家里没有书 以往的文化中也没有提及
But there were no books in the house, it was not in the culture.
幸运的是 我有导师 弗朗西斯·普林西比神父
Luckily, I had kind of a mentor, Father Francis Principe.
(普林西比神父)
他大概22 23岁
He was about 22 years old, 23.
他是年轻人 好像23 24岁
He was a young guy. He was like 23, 24 years old.
他也很粗暴
Tough, tough guy, too.
他和社区里好几个家伙打过架
He took on a couple guys in the neighborhood and...
怎么会这样?
How so?
和他们打架 把他们痛打了一顿
Fought them. Knocked the hell outta them.
那些人还都很强壮
I mean, serious guys. You know.
他们告诉他:“把领带摘掉” 他说:“好吧”
They told him, "Take your collar off." He said, "Okay."
于是他摘掉了
He took it off.
他很粗暴 他应该当警♥察♥的
Oh, he was tough. He should have been a cop, he was tough.
对 他很粗暴 不过是个好人
Yeah, he was tough. Good man, though.
如果他喜欢你 那是真心喜欢 如果他不喜欢你 你也会知道
If he liked you, he liked you. If he didn't like you, you knew it.
(约翰·比沃纳 孩童时期的好友)
普林西比神父会和我们一起玩
Father Principe would do things with us.
他会挑一些人 带他们去看电影
He'd pick a bunch of guys, take you to see a film.
他聪明 喜欢电影和音乐
He was intelligent and loved films, loved music,
喜欢文学 比如格雷厄姆·格林 杜斯妥耶夫斯基 詹姆斯·鲍德温的作品
and literature, Graham Greene, Dostoevsky, James Baldwin.
(《另一个国家》一本小说 詹姆斯·鲍德温)
(普林西比神父)
有很多优美杰出 令人难以置信的...
There's so many beautiful, incredible, magnificent
关于人类思想和精神的作品
creations of the human mind and spirit,
社区里的人接触这些作品后会成长
that if they come in contact with, they have to grow.
你看 这是它吗?
Here you are, you know, this is it?
勿街和茂比利街?还有更多
Mott and Mulberry Street? There has to be more.
普林西比不断跟我们强调
Principe was the one who really hit us in the head and said,
“你们不必像现在这样生活
"You don't have to live like this.
去接受教育吧”
You know, get an education."
“走出去 尝试离开这个社区”
"Get out, you know, try and get out of the neighborhood."
我和那些
And I became close friends
渴望去上大学的人成为了关系亲密的朋友
with guys who had aspirations to go to college,
还有那些粗暴的流浪儿
and also, tough street kids.
比如罗伯特·乌里科拉 我经常叫他“柯蒂”
Like Robert Uricola, used to call him "Curti".
他很好 但也是个粗暴的流浪儿
He was wonderful, but he was a tough street kid, too.
他... 没有人可以从他手里骗走任何东西
He... Nobody could get anything over him.
他会把你击倒
Knock you down.
我很喜欢社区里一个有不同想法的人
I was fascinated by a guy in the neighborhood who had a different thought.
我会去他的公♥寓♥ 看他画的这些分镜
And I would go up to his apartment and he would do all these storyboards.
(《双旗之下》)
这些故事... 就和连环画差不多
Stories, like little... almost comic strips.
我记得去他家的时候 他给我们展示了
I remember being up to his house and him showing us the things
他画的东西
that he had drawn.
你们的反应是什么?
And what was all your reactions?
我们都做不到
I mean, none of us could do that.
他很专注
He was so focused.
我们在屋顶拍《维苏威六世》时 使用的摄影机...
Your camera we used for the Vesuvius VI, which we did on the roofs...
对 - 是比沃纳的屋顶
Yeah. - of Bivona's building.
我们想到了在古罗马 加入私♥家♥侦♥探♥这个角色
We had the idea of a private eye in ancient Rome.
(《维苏威六世》1959年)
我在里面演尤利乌斯·凯撒 所以我在里面被杀了
I played Julius Caesar in it, so I get killed in that one.
我扮演私♥家♥侦♥探♥ 罗科·古尼尔斯
And I played Rocco Gunnius, the private eye.
太不可思议了 他有一群邻居帮他做这件事
It was incredible, because he had a bunch of guys in the neighborhood to do this.
每个人都穿长袍
With togas, everybody had togas on.
在一个周六晚上
And we would have, like, a Saturday evening.
我爸妈出去了 我们举办了聚会
My parents were out and we'd have a party,
喝了几杯酒 放了电影
and have a few drinks and present the film.
配上音乐
With music.
我们的方式是换唱片
We had a way of working by switching the records.
五花八门的配乐都在那里了
So all the eclectic soundtrack was already there.
我想拍电影 但我的街区没有人拍
I wanted to make movies, but you don't make movies where I came from.
我当时说:“我想去上电影学院”...
Saying "I wanna go to film school." was like,
“你在说什么?”
"What are you talking about?"
我们大多数人上的是福坦莫大学 马蒂上的是商学院
Most of us went to Fordham College, and Marty enrolled in business school.
(...渴望成为商人...)
之后发生了件事 我得以宣泄自己的情绪
And then there was a kind of cathartic event that happened.
我有一个朋友18岁时死于癌症
I had a friend of mine who died at 18 years old from cancer.
这颠覆了一切
And that turned everything upside down.
我们团队里有个人患癌了
One of the guys in our group had cancer.
最初 他接受了手术
He was operated on, initially.
他们给他做了切除手术
They cut off everything from here to here.
(路易斯·弗雷萨 17岁)
六个月后他死了
And then he died, six months later.
他下葬的时候 我们都参加了葬礼
When they buried him, we were all at the funeral,
地点在皇后区外
and it was out in Queens.
这些墓碑都堆在一起
And all these tombstones packed on top of each other.
我抬起头 看到了大♥陆♥制罐公♥司♥
I look up and there's the Continental Can Company.
我说:“这就是我们存在的意义吗?”
And I said, "That's what it comes to?"
你死了之后 他们会把你埋在大♥陆♥制罐公♥司♥前面
You die and they bury you in front of the Continental Can Company.
我当时心想:“生活是什么?”
And I was thinking, "What is life?"
有份好工作...
You get a good job...
去你的
Screw you.
我不会为大♥陆♥制罐公♥司♥工作
剧集 | 斯科塞斯先生(2025) | 导航列表