剧集 | 马赛克 | 导航列表
猫 狗 还有人
cats, dogs, people.
你住在谷仓里
You lived in a barn?
我在农场长大
Well, I grew up on a farm.
她养了马
She had horses.
当时看来是个好主意
Seemed like a good idea.
但事实是我就是个住在谷仓里的人而已
And then the reality was I was just a guy living in a barn.
跟你刚到这儿时心里所预想的不一样
Not the idea you had when you first got here, I assume.
说来话长
It's a long story.
你有见过她吗
You ever meet her?
就一次 在感恩节上
Once, at Thanksgiving.
不太有趣
Not so fun?
尽力了
It was an attempt.
但我能看出
But I can tell there is no chance
这个丹尼斯·克莱恩不可能是正经人
this Dennis Klein guy is legit.
我们都知道
One thing we know
行骗艺术家长什么样
is what a scam artist looks like.
对吧 所以我说
Am I right? So, I'm like--
他说 "我要是说得不对
He says, "If I'm not absolutely right,
你就得请我喝酒"
you have to buy me a drink."
然后被我完全说准了
And whammo, to a tee.
他开始跟我讲他来这儿的原因
So, then he starts telling me why he's here.
埃里克为什么来这儿
Why was Eric here?
想改变他的生活 不想做死神
Wanted to change his life, didn't want to be the Grim Reaper--
亲爱的 我感觉都是我一个人在讲话
Actually, hon, I feel like I'm monopolizing this whole thing.
佩特拉 你是做什么的
Petra, what do you do?
-她是 -我做很多事
- She is... - Petra: I do many things.
-主要搞艺术 -外♥围♥
- ...major into the art world. - Peripherally.
她修复艺术品
She restores art,
她当老师 写书
she teaches, she writes books.
关于什么的
About?
她写了600页
She got 600 pages
关于意大利新印象派画家
into one about the Italian Divisionists--
我有看你的邮件
see, I read your e-mails--
然后她说 "等等
and then she's like, "Wait a minute,
或许那个时候的评论家"
maybe those critics back at the"--
-叫什么来着 -沙龙
- whatever they're called... - Salons.
"那个时候贬低新印象派画家的人
"The ones who trashed the Divisionists
或许他们是对的"
back in the day, maybe they were right."
她就把她的书扔掉从头开始写
And she throws her book away and starts again.
他们是对的 对吗
Well, they were right, right?
那是什么时候 1♥8♥9♥4年吗
I mean, when was that? Like, 1♥8♥9♥4?
-1♥8♥9♥6 -96年
- '96. - '96.
他们说得很对
Well, they were spot-on.
我抱怨的是公然的社会寓意
Well, my beef was the overt social overtones--
我懂你在抱怨什么
Oh, I get your beef.
我支持你 我懂的
I'm totally with you. I get it.
权势之人都是腐♥败♥的
I mean, the powerful are corrupt.
无权之人需要艺术
Art is needed by the disinherited.
我若想要信息 给我发电报
I mean, if I want a message, send me a fucking telegram.
奥利维亚 1943年刚来电
Yeah, Olivia, 1943 just called.
他们希望收回
They'd like their once topical
当时的热门话题"给我发电报"
"Send me a telegram" reference back.
你好 JC
Hello, JC.
你好 2007来电
Hello, 2007 called,
他们想收回他们填补空白笑话
and they want their fill-in-the-blank call joke back.
都过誉了
It's all overrated--
新印象派画家 点彩派画家
the neos, the pointillists.
是吗 你不觉得理解
Really? You don't think understanding the science
眼睛是如何看清楚光线的原理
of how the eye perceives light is--
跟艺术无关
Has nothing to do with art.
拜托
I mean, come on.
我们能用
Yeah, can we measure human emotions
化学 突触
through the chemical, the synaptical,
或者科学手段测量人类情感吗
the sciency-wiency-- whatever-- events?
当然
Sure.
但是它的核心
But at the core of it,
到头来 你得去感受
end of day, you have to feel it.
你不能思考艺术
You can't think art...
教艺术 写艺术
...teach art, write about it.
我们不是刚说了
Um, didn't we just establish
她思考 教授 写艺术吗
she thinks, teaches, and writes about art?
我见过的最美的画作
The most beautiful piece of art I've ever seen
是一个11岁女孩在15分钟里画出来的
was drawn by an 11-year-old girl in 15 minutes.
没有技巧
It-- it's no technique.
但是很原始 纯粹
But it was raw, it was pure.
当然 她画的是我
Of course, it was about me,
所以我可能有点夸大其词了
so, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit.
大家吃派 抱歉
Just eat your pie. Sorry.
剧集 | 马赛克 | 导航列表