剧集 | 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 | 导航列表
When the governor at The Black Cat
发现他的安全主管被铐在暖气上
found his head of security handcuffed to a radiator,
还是个女人干的
by a woman no less,
结果不是很好
it didn't go down too well,
-我丢了工作 -我不想惹麻烦
- lost me my job. - I do not come to make trouble.
我接受了嫌疑人♥妻♥子的委托
I'm working the Ridley murder case
正在调查雷德利谋杀案
on behalf of the accused's wife.
也许你可以帮我调查
Perhaps you could help me with my enquiries?
我警告你
I must warn you...
我有刀
I am armed.
雷德利先生是个谨慎的人
Mr. Ridley was a cautious man.
我不想死 摩西先生
I do not want to die Mr. Moses.
我说了
Like I said...
我只是摩西
It's just Moses.
我不会杀你的 斯嘉丽小姐
I'm not going to kill you Miss Scarlet.
我要雇你
I'm going to hire you.
你想让我找一个鼻烟盒
You want me to find a snuff box?
我父亲的
It was my father's,
他被奴隶贩子从牙买♥♥加带到伦敦
he was taken from Jamaica in the slave ships to London,
奴隶制废除时他主人送给他盒子作为赠礼
his owner gave him the box as a parting gift with the abolition.
可以看出 作为一个奴隶主
Apparently, he was a fair man,
他还算不错
for a slaver.
但我小时候 看到过我父亲背上的疤痕
But when I was a boy, I saw those scars on my father's back...
我知道他一定吃了很多苦
I saw how he must've suffered.
他是我见过最勇敢的人
He was the bravest man I ever knew.
那盒子是他留给我的唯一一件东西了
The box is all I have left of him.
我请雷德利先生帮我保管在他的保险箱里
I asked Mr Ridley to keep it in his safe,
我听说他死了
when I heard of his death,
想来要回鼻烟盒
I wanted my box back
但他们都没有钥匙
but no one had a key.
然后 昨晚夜深时
Then, late last night,
有人来了 带走了所有东西
someone come, cleared out everything.
你看到那人是谁了吗
Did you see who it was?
是会计师的妻子
It was the accountant's wife.
塔比莎·巴特勒清空了保险箱
Tabitha Butler cleared the safe?
我晚上在这儿修桌子
I was here late, fixing up a broken table
然后她进来了
when she let herself in.
她丈夫是雷德利先生的会计
Her husband, being Mr. Ridley's accountant,
自然有这里和保险箱的钥匙
had a key to the bar and the safe.
真的吗 听起来不合理啊
Really? It doesn't make any sense.
她没看见我
She never seen me,
她溜进来的时候这地方关着门 还很暗
the place was shut up and dark when she slipped in here
她手里拎着个绿色旅行包
and in her hand was a green carpet bag,
来时还空着
empty when she arrived,
走时却是满的
full when she left.
如果当时很暗
If it was dark,
你怎么看出手提包是绿色的
how could you tell the carpet bag was green?
这么一想
Come to think of it,
你为什么要摸黑修桌子
why were you fixing a table in the dark.
好吧
Fine!
我不是在修桌子
I wasn't fixing a table.
我当时想把保险箱撬开 听到了脚步声
I was trying to break into the safe when I hear footsteps.
我躲进暗处 看着巴特勒太太把所有东西
I hid in the shadows and watched Mrs. Butler empty the contents
放进了她包里 包括我父亲的鼻烟壶
into her bag including my father's snuff box.
也许我能阻止她
I might've stopped her
要是当时我没触犯法律的话
if I wasn't already in trouble with the law.
鼻烟盒是我父亲唯一的遗物
That box is the only thing I have left of my father
你要帮我找回来
and you will get it back for me.
但调查自己的客户不符合职业道德
But it would unethical to investigate my own client...
当然了 除非你也会给我报酬
Unless of course you too will pay me a fee?
报酬就是我饶你一命
The fee is that I let you live.
我去找女主人
I'll just fetch my mistress.
你是私♥家♥侦♥探♥吗
So you're a private detective?
是的
I am.
斯嘉丽小姐
Miss Scarlet...
很抱歉在走廊里接待你
I apologize for having to receive you in the hall
但你一定能理解
but as you can appreciate,
我再也没法在那个房♥间接待客人了
I cannot entertain in that room ever again.
这是我欠你的钱
Here is the money I owe you.
但是 这不是我们之前谈过的预付款的价格
But this is not the advance that we discussed.
这不是预付款
This is no advance,
这笔钱是用来终止合同的
this is money to sever our contract.
昨晚 我送了一张便条到你的办公室
I sent a note to your office last night
我要终止协议
ending our agreement.
但是昨天傍晚我们敲定协议之后
But I've not been in my office since yesterday evening
我就没去过办公室了
when we shook on that agreement.
我不需要你的服务了
Well I no longer need your services.
对不起 我去教堂要迟到了
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm extremely late for church.
安妮
Annie?
送斯嘉丽小姐出去
Please show Miss Scarlet out.
但是你丈夫该怎么办 巴特勒太太
But what about your husband Mrs. Butler?
就在昨天你还穿着这件外套 展示你对他的爱
Only yesterday you wore this coat to show your love for him.
为什么突然改变心意了呢
Why the sudden change of heart?
要我说 就让他下地狱吧
He can be damned to hell as far as I'm concerned.
这整件事让我感到有点喘不过气
This whole business has left me feeling rather wheezy,
麻烦你给我一杯水好吗
may I trouble you for a glass of water?
给斯嘉丽小姐一杯水 然后送她出去
Fetch Miss Scarlet a glass of water before she goes on her way.
只要一小杯就可以了
Just a small glass will suffice.
我们俩都清楚你要的不是水
I think we both know it's not water you want.
只要让我满意 你就可以任意调查
Make it worth my while and you can snoop as much as you like.
亲爱的塞巴斯蒂安
我亲爱的塞巴斯蒂安
我多么渴望你的亲吻 渴望你的唇
爱你的TB
把牢房♥清理了 弗兰克 把醉汉都赶走
Clear out the cells, Frank, get rid of the drunks,
还有妓♥女♥和疯子
the whores and the insane.
我是高级警探 公爵 我才不要去清理牢房♥
I'm a senior detective, Duke, I ain't clearing out no cells.
我一整个早上
I have spent my morning
都在挨家挨户的拜访霍伯恩贫民窟
doing house to house calls in the Holburn slums,
从我当上警员后就没这么做过了
I haven't done that since I was a constable.
有人朝我的脑袋扔苹果核
I had an apple core thrown at my head and
我的马车座椅上还被人放了一包屎
a parcel of feces waiting for me on the seat of my carriage.
我猜那是狗屎 但谁知道呢
I assume that it was dog but who knows?
重点是 弗兰克
The point is, Frank, that
我这周和你一样过得不如意
I am enjoying this week as little as you are,
所以快去清理牢房♥
so clear out the damn cells, eh?
好小伙
Good lad.
执勤时不许吃东西 太丢人了
No eating on duty. That's a bloody disgrace!
我的天
Oh, for God's sake.
伊莱莎 你在这里做什么
Eliza, what are you doing here?
虔诚的教♥徒♥塔比莎·巴特勒太太
The deeply religious Mrs. Tabitha Butler
和塞巴斯蒂安·雷德利有婚外情
was having an affair with Sebastian Ridley,
我发现了她写给雷德利的情书
I found love letters from her to him.
所以她丈夫的确有动机
So her husband did have a motive,
这是冲动犯罪 她应该知道
it was a crime of passion and she would've known this.
这也能解释为什么巴特勒太太解雇了我
And explains why Mrs. Butler dismissed me
但无法解释她刚开始为什么要雇佣我
but not why she hired me in the first place.
她解雇了你 这么快
Oh, she's dismissed you? Already?
她到底改变了什么主意呢
And what of her change of heart?
前一刻她还坚信她丈夫是无辜的
One moment she protests her husband's innocent,
下一刻她就诅咒她丈夫下地狱 说不通啊
then she damns him to hell, it makes no sense.
我的头号♥嫌疑犯已经认罪了
My prime suspect has pleaded guilty,
案件结束
end of story.
什么时候
Since when?
今天早晨
Since this morning,
也就说明 我又少了一起案子
which means I have one less case in
让我这周不会变得更苦恼
what is proving to be an extremely vexing week.
巴特勒夫妇突然从无辜者转变为了犯罪者
So Mr. And Mrs. Butler suddenly change from innocent to guilty?
事情有点不对劲
Something's amiss here.
塔比莎·巴特勒不是个值得信任的女人
Tabitha Butler's not a woman to be trusted,
她是个骗子 还是个小偷
she's a liar and a thief.
我在她家找到了雷德利先生失窃保险箱里的东西
I found the contents of Mr. Ridley's safe at her house.
别告诉我你非法闯入了巴特勒太太的家
剧集 | 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 | 导航列表