剧集 | 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 | 导航列表
provides this service.
您的工作真令人着迷
It's a fascinating business you have here.
有些人觉得有点恐怖
There are those who find it somewhat macabre,
但我认为我们为死者家属提供了宝贵的服务
but I believe we provide an invaluable service to the bereaved.
希尔德加德先生对您评价非常高
Herr Hildegard speaks very highly of you.
他真好
He is most kind.
我能如何为您效劳呢
So how may I be of service?
最近我收到一些令人不安的来信
I have been receiving some disturbing correspondence.
我报了警 但警方至今无所作为
I informed the Police but they have as yet done nothing.
他们总是这么让人失望 难道不是吗
They are a constant disappointment, are they not?
信件都用普通信封装着
They arrive in plain envelopes
上面没有地址也没有邮戳
with no address or postmark.
亲手投递的信件
Hand delivered?
在不同的日子和不同的时间寄来的
At different times on different days.
每一封信里都有一张照片
Each one contains a photograph
是我给客户去世的爱人们照的照片
I've taken of their deceased loved one,
但都是在原片基础上做了改变 看到了吗
but they've all been manipulated from the original, see?
在收到了前两封信之后
After the first two arrived
我觉得有人进入了我的工作室
I believed someone was gaining access to my studio
所以我把所有的底片都烧掉了
so I burnt every negative in my archive,
但这些照片仍然不断寄来
but still they keep coming.
除了照片没有别的信息吗
And there is no message with them?
这还不够吗
Isn't this message enough?
寄信的人显然是想要吓我
Whoever is doing this is clearly trying to terrify me.
这个幽灵般的影子不是随便什么女人
That ghostly figure is no random woman.
你认识她
You know her?
她叫凯瑟琳
Her name was Catherine.
是我的妻子
She was my wife.
她去年去世了
She died last year.
这里面是档案室
And in here we have our records room -
里面有从1829年起全部的逮捕和定罪纪录
every arrest and conviction going back to 1829.
里面有一张搜查令
There's actually a warrant
曾两次担任英国首相
是由罗伯特·皮尔本人签署的
in there signed by Robert Peel himself.
罗伯特·皮尔
Robert Peel, ooh,
真厉害
absolutely fascinating.
我感觉很荣幸
You know, it truly is an honour
能够受邀进入
to have been invited into the
德高望重的督察的办公场所
inner sanctum of such an esteemed detective.
我不得不说 我很惊讶你竟然听说过我
Ah, I must say: I'm surprised you've even heard of me.
您太谦虚了 先生
You are too modest, sir.
您的大名已经无人不晓了
Your reputation precedes you.
好吧 这是别人的看法
Well, that is for others to say.
大家都是这么认为的
Which they do.
您是伦敦的话题人物 督察...
You are the talk of London, Inspector...
-这边 -我说实话...
- It's just there. - And I can honestly say...
摸着良心说
with my hand on my heart,
听到您最近的事迹我简直喜极而泣
I wept tears of joy on hearing about your latest exploits -
摧毁炸♥弹♥阴谋
the scuppering of the bomb plot, ho ho!
不只是喜悦 还有感激
And not just of joy, of gratitude too.
这...
Well, that is...
还有安慰
And relief.
喜悦 感激和安慰的泪水
Tears of joy, gratitude and relief.
抱歉
Excuse me,
我比较情绪化 就像我很健谈一样
I am as emotional as I am loquacious.
我还是得再重申一遍
I shall conclude by saying again
能采访您我感觉非常荣幸
it is an honour to be in your presence
我知道读者们一定非常乐意
and I know our readers will be absolutely fascinated
了解更多关于那个
to learn more about the courage
让我们每晚能够安眠的男人的英伟事迹
of the man who keeps us safe in our beds at night.
是的 既然我们...
Yes, whilst we're umm...
既然我们说到这个
whilst we're on that.
如果您能在报道中
You would do me a great service
提一下我们部门的头儿
if in the course of your writing
那就帮我了大忙了
you were to mention the head of our division,
他叫斯特林警司
Superintendent Stirling.
他的领导和指引
His leadership and guidance
对于手下来说是很大的激励
really is an inspiration to all those below him.
是吗
Is it?
是的
It is.
我非常了解 督察
I understand completely, Inspector.
我们都得为上级服务
We all have masters to serve.
关于这个话题
And on that topic,
我可以提出一个小小的交换条件吗
might I suggest a little quid pro quo.
我们报社编辑
Our newspaper editor -
他是个虚荣的主儿
no stranger to vanity himself -
非常渴望吸引尽可能多的读者
is very keen to attract the largest possible readership.
所以我们都想听到
As such we tend to favour
最惊心动魄的故事
the more sensational stories.
我们肯定能找到这样的故事
I'm sure we can find something.
让我们...看看一夜之间都发生了什么
Let's um... Let's see what came in overnight.
这就是了
Ah, here we are.
陶尔哈姆莱茨妓院纵火案
Arson in Tower Hamlets brothel.
有意思 很有意思
Promising, very promising.
有人死亡吗
Any fatalities?
没有
No.
真遗憾
Shame.
好吧
Right.
泰晤士河浮尸
Dead body floating in the Thames.
男人 女人
Ooh, a male? Female?
小孩吗
Child?
一名中年男子
A middle aged man.
这世界上
Oh for a world where
我们这样的男人很受公众喜爱
men like we could be held in the public's affection.
我说"我们" 你当然比我年轻的多
Ah, I say "we", you are of course younger than myself
但你懂我的意思
but you take the point I'm making.
只有年轻漂亮的人死了
It is the death of the young and the beautiful
人们才愿甘心乐意掏钱买♥♥报
that persuades people to part with their pennies.
对
Yes,
当然
of course.
那你就能理解
Then you will understand
若要发布这篇文章
that if the article is to be published,
我需要一则新奇
I shall need a, a novel
或耸人听闻的事件
or intriguing case.
若要发布这篇文章
If the article is to be published?
只是一种说法 督察
Purely semantics, Inspector.
这些
These
是我最好的放大镜
are my very best magnifying glasses.
品质上乘 鲍曼和舒斯特牌
Top quality. Baumann and Schuster.
他们在德国制♥作♥最好的镜片
They make the best lenses in Germany.
您真是太慷慨了 希尔德加德先生
You are most kind, Herr Hildegard.
我爸爸曾有一批丰富的收藏
My father used to have an extensive collection
但它们似乎出问题了
but they seem to have gone awry.
天知道他把它们放哪了
Goodness only knows where he put them.
你父亲有很多品质
Your father was a great many things
但有条理 却不在其中
but organised was not one of them.
这些是寄给亨德森先生的照片吗
These are the photographs sent to Herr Henderson?
是的 其中一封上面有轻微的痕迹
Yes. One of two have slight marks on them.
我需要更仔细地检查
I need to examine them more closely.
你很了解亨德森先生吗
Do you know Mr. Henderson well?
我们工作中经常有交集
Our paths often cross through work.
我认识他十多年了
I have known him ten years or so.
他想不到任何可能希望他痛苦的人
He cannot think of anyone who might wish to distress him.
-您能想到吗 -不
- Can you? - No.
他是个好人 很善良
He's a good man. A kind man.
那
There.
边角那
There on the corner.
还有在这个信封外侧
And here on the outside of the envelope.
看上去像干掉的血迹
It looks like dried blood.
是进一步的威胁吗
A further threat perhaps?
那为什么这么难看到
Well then why make it so hard to see?
剧集 | 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 | 导航列表