剧集 | 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 | 导航列表
Did you see the contents?
只看到了信封上的名字
Only the name on the envelope,
信封沾满了血 掉在地上
bloodied and screwed up on the floor,
上面写着是给泰迪的
it was addressed to Teddy.
泰迪
Teddy?
只有塞巴斯蒂安会这么称呼爱德华
That was the name only Sebastian used for Edward.
你不能来这里
You're not allowed in here.
多少次了 伊莱莎
How many times, Eliza?
波茨先生在验尸官的办公室
Mr. Potts is at the Coroner's Office
正在处理紧急信息
attending to an urgent message.
-你怎么知道 -是我发的
- How do you know? - I sent it.
爱德华·巴特勒没有谋杀塞巴斯蒂安·雷德利
Edward Butler did not murder Sebastian Ridley.
不到一个小时 巴特勒先生
In just under one hour, Mr. Butler,
自己也承认了有罪的 我的首要嫌疑人
my prime suspect, and guilty by his own admission,
将要离开监狱 走上几码路
will be leaving his prison cell to walk the few yards
被公开处刑
to his public execution.
这案子已经结了
The case is closed.
你最好为接下来我告诉你的事 做好心理准备
You may wish to prepare yourself for what I'm about to tell you.
爱德华·巴特勒和塞巴斯蒂安·雷德利是情人
Edward Butler and Sebastian Ridley were lovers.
我还以为你会更吃惊一点
I thought you'd be more shocked,
甚至感到惊恐
horrified even.
如果你目睹了我日常经历的一切
If you saw the things that I see on a daily basis,
就没有事可以让你感到震惊
nothing would shock you.
-你可以走了 -塞巴斯蒂安·雷德利生病了
- Now... - Sebastian Ridley was ill,
他快死了
he was dying,
他是自杀的
it was he who killed himself,
他喉咙上的伤口与事实相符
the cuts on his throat are consistent with this.
他给爱德华·巴特勒写了一封遗书
He wrote Edward Butler a suicide letter.
巴特勒太太把信藏了起来
Mrs. Butler has concealed it,
她要让她不忠的丈夫被送上绞刑架
she is going to let her unfaithful husband be sent to the gallows
让他背负莫须有的罪名
for a murder he did not do.
威廉
William,
我知道你能力有限
I know you are stretched,
但如果一个无辜的人要因他没犯过的罪行被绞刑
but if an innocent man is hanged for a crime he did not commit
这将是你的责任 也有损你的声誉
it will be on you and your reputation.
她正前往尤思顿车站
She's on her way to Euston,
要搭乘四点前往利物浦的火车
catching the 4:00 train to Liverpool,
她要去美国了 先生
she's leaving for America, sir.
那为什么她的东西还在这里
Then why are her things still here?
我要收拾她剩下的东西 然后跟着去
I am to pack the rest of her possessions and then follow on.
这是巴特勒太太买♥♥火车票的收据 先生
This is the receipt for Mrs. Butler's train ticket, sir.
应该由你去带塔比莎·巴特勒回来 威廉
You should be the one to bring Tabitha Butler in, William.
保护你的名誉对我也有好处
It benefits me too that we protect your reputation.
-尤思顿车站 亚瑟 -是 先生
- Euston Station, Arthur. - Yes sir!
你丈夫送了你这件外套
Your husband gave you that coat.
好让他能在人群里看见你
So that he'd see you in a crowd.
而你穿着它来了
And here you are.
当我发现外套不在 我就知道 只有一个原因
When I saw it gone I knew there could only be one reason
会让你再穿上这件外套
why you'd ever wear it again.
我理解你想要复仇
I understand you want revenge
但是我们都知道 你丈夫是无辜的
but we both know your husband is innocent.
塞巴斯蒂安·雷德利是自杀
Sebastian Ridley killed himself.
还有一封遗书 对吧
There was a suicide letter, wasn't there?
信在哪 巴特勒太太
Where is it, Mrs. Butler?
他背叛了我
He betrayed me.
他和那个男人做的事 令人憎恶
What he did with that man was an abomination.
但这就足以让一个无辜之人去死吗
But is it still right to let an innocent man die?
巴特勒太太
Mrs. Butler!
塔比莎
Tabitha!
请将那封信给我
Give me that letter, please.
求你了
Please!
停止处刑
Stop the execution!
我有证明爱德华·巴特勒清白的证据
I have evidence of Edward Butler's innocence!
当塞巴斯蒂安告诉我他生病了 他...
When Sebastian told me he was ill, he...
想我们两人一起离开
wanted us to go away,
共同度过他生命中最后的几个月
live out his final months together.
他很害怕独自一人死去
He was terrified of dying alone.
但是我拒绝了
But I refused.
我无法忍♥受让塔比莎知道真♥相♥的羞耻
I could not live with the shame of Tabitha knowing the truth.
第二天早上 我回到家
Next morning I returned home
发现塞巴斯蒂安在我家客厅里
to find Sebastian in my drawing room,
他将遗书放在了我的壁炉架上
he placed his suicide note on my mantelpiece
拿刀抵着自己的喉咙站在那
and stood with a knife to his throat,
他说我背叛了他
he said I betrayed him,
不管我愿不愿意 最后都会和他一起下地狱
that I would be with him at the end, like it or not.
你想阻止他 但是他把你打晕了
You tried to stop him but he knocked you unconscious?
那晚我在牢里想着他的信
In my cell that night I thought about his letter,
我们争斗时 信是怎么掉到地上
how it was knocked to the ground when we fought,
塔比莎很快就会发现
how Tabitha would soon discover it in its hiding place
真是讽刺
and how ironic it was that
唯一能证明我无罪的证据
the one thing that would absolve me of murder
却也会让我沦为一个异类
would also condemn me to a life as an outcast.
所以你才认罪吗
So you pleaded guilty?
我想死
I wanted to die.
但你现在自♥由♥了
But you're a free man now.
我很感激你为我做的事 斯嘉丽小姐
I am grateful for what you did for me, Miss Scarlet,
但我永远自♥由♥不了
but I will never be free.
我的婚姻
My marriage,
我的人生 我的名誉
my life, my reputation,
全都毁了
all destroyed.
要是我夸你几句
If I gave you a compliment
你能保证别嘲讽我吗
do you promise not to make me suffer for it?
我保证
You have my word.
你做得很好
That was good work.
你父亲会为此自豪
Your father would've been proud.
谢谢
Thank you,
那话对我意义很深
That means a great deal.
巴特勒太太犯罪了吗
Has Mrs. Butler really committed a crime?
她去撬雷德利先生的保险箱不是为了钱
She didn't break into Mr. Ridley's safe for the money,
她只是想把情书烧了
she merely wanted to burn the love letters
以防他们的恋情泄露
to stop news of the affair.
那也是偷
It's still theft.
更别说私藏那封信
Not to mention obstruction of justice
是妨碍司法罪
for concealing that letter.
你知道巴特勒太太没上那辆列车
You knew that Mrs. Butler wasn't on that train.
还说什么维护我的名誉
So much for protecting my reputation.
全城就数你最受人尊敬了 威廉
There's no one in this city more respected than you William.
而我呢
Me on the other hand,
我得树立名声 我比你更需要这案子
I must build my reputation, I needed this more than you did.
这话你倒是去跟我上司说
Try telling that to my superiors.
你能对付他们
You can handle them.
你能对付所有人
You can handle everyone.
我对付不了你
I cannot handle you.
现在我得召集整个队伍 即两个手下
Now I must round up my entire team of two
在运河上跟上司做简报
and brief them on my man in the canal.
同时
In the meantime,
拜托你别闯祸了 伊莱莎
please do try to stay out of trouble, Eliza.
就当为了我行吗
For my sake?
当然 威廉
Of course, William.
当然了
Of course.
鲁伯特
Rupert!
-你怎么来了 -我的...
- What are you doing here? - So my...
我母亲来找你 我就在这里等你
My mother's here to see you and I am to wait for you here.
我发现他在门外徘徊
I found him loitering outside the door
就请他进来喝杯茶
so I invited him in for a cup of tea.
你能去告诉帕克太太
Can you go and tell Mrs. Parker
我马上就过去找她
that I'll be with her in a moment?
好的
Of course.
她是来谈租契的事
She's come about the lease.
对
Yes.
我
剧集 | 斯嘉丽小姐和公爵 | 导航列表