She's not like that.
她不是那种人啦
Oh, you say that now, but wait until you wake up in the middle of the night
你现在这样说 小心哪天你半夜醒来
and she's drawing on your stomach with a magic marker.
她正在用荧光笔在你的肚子上画线
Don't be ridiculous.
别胡说了
Aunt Rosemary is sweet, caring, understanding.
Rosemary姨妈又可爱又体贴又善解人意
And her hugs... oh.
而且她的拥抱 噢
Nothing like hugging my mom.
完全不像我妈的拥抱
Yeah.
是啊
Yeah, I hugged your mom before.
是啊 我以前抱过你妈妈
Like squeezing a scarecrow.
就像在抱稻草人
At least a scarecrow's warm from spending all day in the sun.
至少稻草人整天晒太阳会很温暖呢
I just can't believe those two women are sisters.
我只是不敢相信那两个女人是姐妹
Hey, what are you guys talking about?
嘿 你俩在说什么呢
Ah, I finally got to meet my mother's sister.
啊 我终于能见到我妈的姐姐了
Does she want a kidney?
她是来求肾的吗
No!
怎么会
I'll tell you this, my aunt is so loving
这么跟你说吧 我的姨妈太有爱了
it makes me wonder how I would've turned out
我都开始幻想自己如果是被她养大的
if I was raised by her.
现在会成什么样子
See, now, that's classic nature versus nurture.
看吧 这就是典型的先天对上后天培育
Now, are you are who you are because of genetics,
你成为你现在这个样子 是遗传基因在起作用
or are you the product of your surroundings?
还是生长环境影响下的产物呢
See, I think with a loving mother,
我认为如果有个慈爱的母亲
he would have been more confident.
他可能会变得更自信
And more successful.
还会更成功
Certainly thinner.
肯定比现在瘦
And definitely better friends.
而且绝对会有更好的朋友
Very snippy.
你太暴躁了
See, that's learned behavior right there.
看到了吗 这就是后天学来的行为
You know, maybe for our vacation,
话说 我们应该趁假期
we should go down to Mudlick.
去一趟马德里克
Mm, yeah, no.
嗯 是吗 不去
I've been there.
我去过的
It's not just a pretty name.
那儿可不只名字美
So get this.
我跟你说
I'm in the squad car today,
今天我在警车上
and my cell phone rings.
我的手♥机♥铃响了
It's my mom's number,
显示的是我妈的号♥码
so I immediately get that pit in my stomach.
于是我立马觉得一阵胃疼
Ooh, the "Peggy pit," Yeah.
对 Peggy疼
So I start thinking of excuses,
于是我开始想借口
you know, to cut the call short: bad reception,
好快点挂电♥话♥ 比如说信♥号♥♥不好
or in the middle of chasing an illegal.
或者正在追击不法分子
Ooh, that's a good one.
哦 这个借口不错
Hitting her in the sweet spot.
正中下怀
Yeah, but I didn't need to.
是啊 可惜都没用上
Turns out it was my Aunt Rosemary,
原来是我Rosemary姨妈
just calling to say hi.
打电♥话♥来问声好
No guilt trips,
没有抓我小辫子
no complaining about the neighbors.
没有抱怨左邻右舍
Just wanted to know how my day was going.
只是想知道我今天过得如何
That is so nice.
真是太贴心了
I know!
对吧
D-Don't get me wrong,
别误会我哈
I love my mother, blah, blah, blah.
我爱我妈啥啥啥的
But can you imagine growing up
但你能想象被Rosemary那样的妈妈
with a mom like Rosemary?
带大的感觉吗
I tried. It's too painful.
我想过 太痛苦了
I didn't want to say anything,
我本来不打算说的
but I snuck out and had coffee with her this morning.
但是我今天早上溜出去和她喝了杯咖啡
Why didn't you call me? You were at work.
你怎么没跟我打电♥话♥ 你在上班
I'm sure we could've found a crime nearby.
我们肯定能在那附近找出个把案子
I just wanted to give her
我只是想给她看几章
a few chapters of me and Peggy's book to read.
我和Peggy写的书
You know, get a fresh view on Mudlick
从一个马德里克的现住民那儿
from a current Mudlicker.
找到一个看马德里克的新视角
I'll bet she'll love it.
我敢说她会很喜欢那本书
She'll tell you you did a wonderful job,
她会告诉你说你写得好极了
and if people don't like it, they're just jealous.
如果有人不喜欢 只是因为他们嫉妒你
God, I wish I heard that growing up.
天哪 我多希望能听着这样的话长大
All I got was "Find out if your teacher thinks I'm hot""
我妈只跟我说过 “去搞清楚你们老师觉不觉得我性感"
Hi, Peggy.
嗨 Peggy
What are you doing here?
你们干什么来了
Oh, we were just in the neighborhood,
哦 我们就在这附近
thought we'd stop and see Aunt Rosemary.
想着应该顺道过来看看Rosemary姨妈
And you.
还有你
'Cause you're here, too.
因为你 也在这里
You didn't call ahead,
你没有提前打电♥话♥
so no warning, no bra, no complaints.
所以你没通知 我就没穿胸罩 你也别抱怨
No problem, no looking.
没问题 没在看
Oh, hey, Molly. Hey!
哦 Molly 嘿
There's my sweet nephew.
我可爱的外甥也在
Oh! Ooh!
哦
Ooh, we're stuck.
啊 我们卡住了
I can't let go.
我没法放手
I don't know what we're gonna do.
我不知道接下来该怎么办
I guess we'll just have to keep hugging!
可能我们得一直这么拥抱下去了
All right, break it up. This ain't France.
好啦 分开吧 这儿又不是法国
Oh, thank you for letting me read this.
哦 谢谢你让我读这本书
Some very interesting things in here.
里头写了些很有趣的东西
In where?
哪里头
I gave her the last few chapters of our book.
我给她看了我们那本书的最后几章
What'd you do that for?
你干嘛那么做
Well, it might be your life story, Peggy,
这虽然是你的人生经历 Peggy
but she lived it, too.
但她也参与了你的人生啊
I'm sorry, dear, but I didn't live any of this.
亲爱的 抱歉 这里面的我都没有参与
And you didn't either, Peggy.
你也没有 Peggy
What are you talking about?
你在说什么胡话
Every word in there is true.
这里头每个字都是真实的
Oh, nonsense.
哦 一派胡言
You make it out like we were raised in hell
你编得好像我们是在地狱里
by the Devil himself.
被魔鬼亲手养大的一样
That farm was my hell.
那个农场就是我的地狱
All I know is you'll never be happy
我只知道 如果你只看事情的消极面
if you only look at the negative in things.
你永远都不会开心
I see what I see.
我的所见都是真的
At least I'm not some Pollyanna living in denial.
至少我不是只会否认的盲目乐天派
All right, ladies, let's not argue.
好了女士们 请不要争吵
Yeah, let's just go put on our bras and have a nice visit.
对 快去穿上胸罩 然后愉快地作客好吗
Look, if you want to blame the world for how you turned out,
你要是想因为自己现在的样子而怪罪世界
that's your business.
那是你自己的事情
But based on what I read, we grew up in two different houses.
但据我所读到的 我们是在两个不同的地方长大的
So I'm a liar? No.
所以是我在撒谎咯 不
You're bitter and spiteful,
你尖酸刻薄 心存怨念
and you have no one to blame for who you are but yourself.
成为这个样子 你只能怪你自己
Get out!
滚出去
Peggy.
Peggy
Happy to.
我很乐意
What is wrong with you?
你哪根筋搭错了
Only you could manage to throw the nicest woman
只有你才会把这世界上
in the world out of your house.
最善良的女人赶出家门
If she's so wonderful, why don't you join her?
她要是那么好 你怎么不跟她一起滚
Ugh, alienate everybody, Ma.
你在疏远所有人吗 妈
That's why all your stories end with you alone.
这就是为什么你故事的结尾都只有你一个人
I'm gonna go help her pack; she can stay with us.
我要去帮她收拾行李 她可以跟我们住一起
Come on.
好了啦
Peggy, you don't want your sister to leave.
Peggy 你不想让你姐姐离开的
She's not my sister.
她不是我姐姐
I don't have a sister anymore.
从今以后我没有姐姐了
You go see if she's okay.
你去看看她有没有事
剧集 | 迈克和茉莉(2010) | 导航列表