What do you mean what are you gonna do?
什么叫不知道该怎么办
You're gonna start writing again!
重新开始写呗
I don't know. It's too hard.
我不知道 太难了
You don't know hard.
你才不知道什么叫难呢
I remember when I was a little girl,
记得我还是小女孩的时候
working on my daddy's farm.
在我爸爸的农场里干活
Oh, please don't tell me a story.
请别给我讲故事
Let me tell you a story.
给你讲个故事吧
I was a meek little thing,
那时我是个温顺的小姑娘
scared of my own shadow
连自己的影子
and the sheep I had to castrate.
和我要阉♥割♥的小羊我都害怕
That's where you learned it?
原来你从小学的阉♥割♥啊
I had to pump my own water, make my own clothes,
我得自己打水 自己做衣服
and if the crop didn't get in, well, we all went hungry.
如果玉米收成不好 我们就得饿着
That's why I wanted Mikey to be heavyset...
所以我希望Mikey魁梧点儿
so he could make it through a tough winter.
这样才能挺过严寒的冬天啊
Okay, I get it, Peggy. You had it harder than me.
好吧 我懂 Peggy 你比我过得艰难的多
No, that's not the point I'm trying to make.
错 这不是我想表达的重点
The point is, I didn't give up.
重点是 我没有放弃
Just when I thought my life couldn't possibly get any worse,
就在我以为我的生活已经不能再糟的时候
a city fella in a '56 Rambler
一个城里小伙开着56年的漫步者
pulled up to the house and asked for directions.
在我们门口停下问路
Was that Mike's dad?
是Mike的爸爸吗
Hell, no.
才不是呢
This was a real man.
这是个真正的男人
Wore a three-piece suit with hard shoes
穿着三件套西装和硬皮鞋
and smelled like a pine forest after a spring rain.
闻起来像春雨后的松林
That's very poetic, Peggy.
好诗意啊 Peggy
What he did to me wasn't poetic.
他对我做的事可不怎么诗意
It was filthy.
很下流的事情
And I loved it. Wait, wait, wait, wait.
但是我很喜欢 等等 等等 等等 等等
Got to write it down. Go.
我得记下来 说吧
I got in his car, and we just drove for days,
我上了他的车 跟着他行驶数日
his hand on the wheel, my head in his lap.
他的手握着方向盘 我的头枕着他的大腿
I do love a bench seat.
我也喜欢车里有横排长座
For the next three months we wandered the countryside.
接下来的三个月我们就在乡间到处游荡
Truth be told, he put more miles on me than he did that Rambler.
实话告诉你 他在我身上的时间比在车上的多多了
Hey.
嘿
Look who's feeling better.
看看谁感觉好多啦
Hey.
嘿
Whew, what is that smell?
什么味儿啊
Your mother's five-garlic soup.
你妈妈的五蒜汤
Oh, I hope you drank it, 'cause sh-she'll rub it on you.
希望你喝掉了 不然她会涂在你身上的
I went the oral route.
我选择了口服
Look at you, writing again.
看看你 又开始写啦
Yeah, a new story about a young girl coming of age
对头 是讲在马德里克山区一个贫瘠的农场里
on a hardscrabble farm at the base of the Mudlick Mountains.
一个年轻女子长大成人的故事
Mudlick? Th-That's weird.
马德里克 真奇怪
My mom grew up on a farm in Mudlick.
我妈妈就是在马德里克一个农场长大的
Aw, no!
噢 不要啊
Mike, her story is incredible.
Mike 她的故事简直太不可思议了
Do you know she ran away from home
你知道她十六岁的时候
at 16, with a city feller,
和一个城里小伙一起离家出走了吗
and went on a cross-country crime spree?
开始了一系列横穿乡村的疯狂作案
Wait, what?! Yeah. Yeah.
等等 啥 没错
Yeah, I mean, it was... it was petty crime... shoplifting,
我是说很小的那种犯罪啦 商店行窃
siphoning gas, not paying for haircuts, that sort of thing,
偷吸汽油 理发不给钱 那种事啦
but...
但是
My mother? Yeah.
我妈妈 对
They were hiding in abandoned buildings and barns
你的祖父紧跟在他们后面
with your grandfather hot on their trail.
他们只好躲在废弃的房♥子和谷仓里
Believe me, their trail was "H-O-T" Hot.
相信我 他们的行迹真的很火热
I don't think I want to know what that means.
我不想知道这是啥意思
Well, then you better not read our book.
那你最好别看我们的书了
"Our"?
"我们的"
Yeah, she's writing it with me.
是啊 她跟我一起写这本书
Wha...
咋
Mike, your mother has a great story,
Mike 你妈妈的故事很棒
and I want to be the one to help her tell it.
我想帮助她把故事写出来
So you're gonna spend the next six months
这么说你未来六个月
working side-by-side with my mother?
要和我妈妈一起工作吗
Oh, it's gonna take at least a year,
至少得一年吧
and more than a few trips to Mudlick.
还得去马德里克几趟呢
I want to put my hands in the dirt that sprouted Peggy Biggs.
我想去亲手感受一下养育了Peggy Biggs的土地
Okay, well... good luck with that.
好吧 祝你好运了
Just a heads up, I-I think the farm's a Walmart now.
先提醒你 我记得那农场现在变成沃尔玛了
That's fine.
没关系
I'll just go to the Garden Center and grab a bag of mulch.
我就去花卉商店拎一袋子土好了
Here we are, ladies. Okay.
请进吧 女士吧 好的
Can I get you two anything to drink?
二位想喝点什么吗
I'd take a Sanka, if you got it.
如果有的话 给我来杯黑咖
I don't know what that is.
我不知道那是什么
Just get her something hot and bitter.
给她来点又热又苦的就行了
You said you were trying
你不是说在想象
to picture me as a young girl?
我年轻时候的样子吗
There I go.
跟她一样
Ladies. Oh!
女士们 噢
Xander, I would like to introduce you to
Xander 请容许我给你介绍一下
my mother-in-law, Ms. Peggy Biggs.
我的婆婆 Peggy Biggs夫人
So, this is what became of the lost little girl from Mudlick.
这就是马德里克那个迷失的小姑娘现在的样子吗
Yep, I... Shh!
是啊 我 嘘
Let me drink in that face.
让我好好欣赏一下这张脸
The permanently-etched scowl,
恒久不变的怒容
the deep lines of disapproval in the forehead,
额前代表反对的皱纹
the eyes that once loved
曾经满是爱意的双眼
but are now filled with silent judgment.
如今全是无声的批判
Listen, princess...
听着 公主
...I might have a few lines,
我可能是有几条皱纹
but I canola oil this face every night.
但是我每晚都用菜油抹脸
It's as soft as a catcher's mitt.
我的脸柔软的就像捕球手的手套
She's magnificent!
她实在太棒了
Right? I mean...
对吧 我是说
can you imagine the story that turned that sweet little girl
你能想象一个甜美的小女孩
into this?
变成这样的故事吗
I have to admit, I am rather intrigued by the story.
我得承认 我对这个故事太感兴趣了
Oh, I'm so glad, but...
我很高兴 不过
just so you know, so is Simon & Schuster.
先告诉你 西蒙与舒斯特出版公♥司♥也很感兴趣
What? Y-You went to them first?
什么 你们先找他们谈了吗
After the book launch I gave you?!
我都给你开了新书发布会了啊
Well, I mean, we really want to work with you, but...
这个 我们是很想和你一起合作 但是
you're gonna have to be willing to work with us.
你也得愿意和我们好好合作才行
Show us the money, twinkle toes.
开个价钱吧 闪光鞋
This is negotiating. Just play it cool.
这是谈判 保持自若风度
Gotcha.
明白
Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute.
等一下 等一下 等一下
Is this your final offer?
这是你的最终报价吗
It wasn't, but it is now.
本来不是 但是现在是了
Oh, and we were lying about Simon & Schuster.
噢 刚才我们说的西蒙与舒斯特出版公♥司♥也是骗你的
剧集 | 迈克和茉莉(2010) | 导航列表