Doesn't mean I don't like to hear it.
能听到你说当然更好了
Listen, Samuel, I know that things haven't gone
Samuel 我知道自从你来美国后
quite the way you wanted to since you moved to America.
事情并不是那么如你所愿
You mean the fact that my health plan
你是指我的医疗保险
is the first aid kit from Abe's?
就是餐厅的急救药箱
And that my best hope for retirement is to die at 45?
还有我退休的最大可能就是在45岁死翘翘
Well, at least you still have your sense of humor.
嘿 至少你幽默感还在
Did I say something that was funny?
我说了什么好笑的事吗
No, no, no. Uh, the...
不 不 不 呃
my point is that maybe we should not be talking
我的意思是也许我们不应该
about why you should leave the country
光讨论你为什么要离开这里
but maybe why you should be staying.
而要多想想你为什么要留在这里
You know, that's actually not bad.
这主意真是不错
Well, thank you.
是吗 谢谢
I mean, it's really about creating an open dialogue
我是说 真的应该敞开心扉坦率地交流
so he feels heard... Molly...
让他感到有人倾听 Molly
Just a sec, Samuel.
等一下 Samuel
And how you can give him something positive
还有你如何给他一些正能量
to take away and keep with him
让他坚持下去
even when you're no longer there to kind of encourage him.
即使你已经不再真的支持他
You know what, I was just afraid to see my friend
你知道吗 我只是很怕看到
crying in front of me.
我的朋友在我面前哭出来
Sometimes when you open yourself up to other people's pain,
有时你向其他人的伤痛敞开心扉
you're the one that ends up getting healed.
其实最后你反而是被治愈的那一个
You're amazing. Aw.
你太棒了 噢
So we really haven't solved
所以我们还是不知道
how I'm going to stay in this country.
如何才能让我继续留在这里
You know what we're gonna do?
你知道我们准备干啥吗
We're gonna have cake.
我们吃点蛋糕吧
Huh? Do you want cake?
哈 你想吃蛋糕吗
Want cake? Cake? Cake it is! Sounds like a plan to me.
吃蛋糕吗 当然要吃 听起来是个好主意哟
Okay, remember, we're just here to offer Samuel moral support.
记住 我们来这儿是为了给Smauel精神上的支持
So be nice and treat him normally.
所以表现友善点 跟平常一样就行
Which is it? Are we being nice or treating him normally?
到底什么样 我们是要友善点啊还是像平常那样对他
I'm just saying, sometimes
我就是想说
when you open yourself up to someone's pain,
有时你向别人的伤痛敞开心扉
you might be the one who's rewarded.
你反而是有所收获的那一个
Hmm. I know I was last night.
恩 我知道我昨晚的确有所收获
Molly and I couldn't keep our hands off each other.
Molly和我整晚如胶似漆停不下来
Uh, uh, hold on.
等下
Uh, I think I almost have enough for the buy-in.
我马上就凑够下注的钱了
Just put that crap down. We got your buy-in.
放下那破烂吧 我们帮你下注
But I can't take your money.
但是我不能要你们的钱
He has his pride.
人家有自尊心的
Can I have my five dollars back?
我可以把我的五块钱拿回来吗
You shut up. You sit down.
你闭嘴 你坐下
That is very kind of you.
你们真是太好了
It's good to be with friends.
跟朋友们在一起真好
I'm gonna miss this.
我会想念这个的
It could actually be our last poker game.
这次真有可能是我们最后一次玩牌了
No.
不
Oh, you mean together.
哦哦 你是说一起玩啊
Yeah, probably.
对 很有可能
So...
那么
five-card stud, quarter ante.
梭哈 起注25美分
Yeah, well-well, look at the up-side, man.
好吧 往好处想 伙计
I mean, you may be a penniless foreigner with no prospects,
可能你是个身无分文前途渺茫的外国人
but you know what you do have?
但是你知道你有什么吗
You got a great head of hair.
你有一头秀发
I'll sell it to you.
我可以把它卖♥♥给你
I feel bad for you, kid.
孩子 我替你感到难过
It's tough being an immigrant.
做一个移♥民♥真的不容易
Not like when us Italians first came here.
不像我们意大利人刚到这儿的时候
In those days, if you worked hard and paid your dues,
那时候 只要你努力工作按时上供
my family would leave you alone.
我的家族就不会找你麻烦
I'm just saying, it's much harder now.
我就是说 现在可难多了
There's got to be a way for you to make more money.
你肯定可以想办法多赚点钱吧
Have you thought about asking Abe for a raise?
你没想过要求Abe涨点工资吗
The man is too cheap. He wouldn't even buy me
那男人小气死了 我刚开始在那儿工作的时候
a new name tag when I started working there.
他都不肯给我买♥♥个新的名牌
Well, your name tag says "Samuel."
你的名牌上写的是"Samuel"啊
Do I look like a Samuel to you?
我看起来像是叫Samuel的人吗
My real name is Babatunde.
我的真名叫Babatunde
Well, Bobby, here's my advice.
好了 Bobby 我的建议是
Tell him to give you a raise 'cause the place down the street
叫他给你涨工资 因为街那头的饭店
is offering you a managerial position.
给你提供了个经理的职位
But that is a lie. No!
但是这可是说谎啊 不
It's a bluff. Like in cards.
这就是虚张声势 就跟玩牌似的
Sometimes a good bluff is better than a good hand.
有时唬人唬得好比一手好牌还有用
I raise ten.
我追加十块
Fold. I'm out. Too rich for me.
不跟 不跟 对我来说太高了
Hey...
嘿
It's not what you have.
重要的不是你有什么
It's what they think you have.
而是他们以为你有什么
Wait...
等等
I'm all in.
全押上
But not in this case, though. I got a full house.
但这次我没唬你们 我的牌是满堂红
Man, you cannot catch a break.
伙计 你真是倒霉透顶
Samuel's been back there a while.
Samuel已经进去有一会儿了
I'm starting to think we sent him down a bad path.
我现在觉得咱们给他指错路了
Look, either he comes out with a raise,
听着 要不然他就是涨了工资
or he comes out with nothing,
要不然空空如也
which is exactly what he has now.
跟现在一模一样嘛
Plus, a fantastic head of hair.
还有 一头梦幻的头发
God, I'm so nervous,
天哪 我好紧张
I can't even watch you eat.
都不能好好看你吃东西了
Hey, what happened?
嘿 发生啥事了
What did he say?
他怎么说
Uh, he said he couldn't give me a raise
呃 他说他不能给我涨工资
because business hasn't been great.
因为生意不太好做
He showed me all of the books,
他给我看了所有的账本
the operating costs, the debt-to-profit ledger.
运营费用 负债产权账簿
Oh, why would he have all that paperwork just sitting around?
他为啥随身带着那么多文件
It turns out, he's trying to sell the place.
原来他是准备把这地方卖♥♥掉
But if someone would take on all of the debt,
但是如果有人愿意承担所有的债务
he'd let them have it at a great discount.
他就可以给他们一个很好的折扣
Good luck to the idiot who takes that deal.
祝买♥♥这个饭店的傻瓜好运吧
Thank you.
谢谢你
I'll need it.
我真的很需要
Welcome to Babatunde's!
欢迎来到Babatunde的饭店
So, Abe laid the place off on him for a dollar,
Abe很便宜地把那地方甩给了他
and now he's on the hook for a two-year lease
现在他身陷两年的合同
and a stack of past-due bills.
还有一堆过期的账单
There's no way that's legally binding.
这不可能是合法的合同吧
It is... A contract was witnessed and signed.
是合法的 在公♥证♥人面前签的呢
Turns out the dishwasher isn't just a pot dealer.
原来洗碗工不只是个卖♥♥大♥麻♥的
He's also a notary.
他还是个公♥证♥人
Well, what do we do now?
那么我们现在该怎么做
Nothing. Don't you see?
什么都不做 你还没发现吗
He was doing just fine before we stepped in.
在我们搅合之前 他本来挺好的
He was on the next plane back to Africa.
本来他都要坐上下一班飞机回非洲了
Well, better on the way to Africa
通向非洲的路
than on the way to bankruptcy.
也比走向破产的路要好
Well, actually, bankruptcy is not as big a deal
其实吧 破产并不像
as everybody makes of it.
人人以为的那么可怕
I mean, I've bounced back. Twice.
我是说 我不也卷土重来了嘛 都两次了
What? What?
什么 什么
Now, what did you just...?
你刚才说了啥
What did... what did you just...?
啥 你刚才说啥
I'm... I'm just...
我 我只是
剧集 | 迈克和茉莉(2010) | 导航列表