You know what looks good? The French toast.
这个看起来不错 法式吐司
I thought you were on a diet. I am.
你不是在节食吗 是啊
But you're not.
不过你没有
I am not gonna be your surrogate eater again.
我不要再替你吃你想吃的了
You know, you're just selfish.
你这就是自私
You were born with a body that can eat French toast.
你生来就有能吃法式吐司的身材
I wasn't. What?!
我没有 啥
It's just weird you watching me eat.
你看着我吃太奇怪了
Just leering, barking out commands.
你斜眼瞅着 冲我发号♥施令
"More syrup." "Slow down""
"多点糖浆" "慢点吃"
"Don't ignore the whipped cream"
"别忘了吃生奶油"
Come on, Carl.
拜托了 Carl
Nobody around here's ordered anything I want.
这里没人点了我想吃的
You two ready to order?
要点餐了吗
Oh, where's Samuel?
哦 Samuel哪儿去了
In the can the last two hours.
在厕所呆俩小时了
Want to hear the specials?
要听下特色菜吗
That depends.
看情况
Did Samuel eat a special?
Samuel吃没吃特色菜
Two hours? Should we go check on him?
两个小时 咱们得去看一下吧
Yeah. All right, hold our booth. Two black coffees.
好吧 留着我们的座 要两杯黑咖啡
And he'll have the French toast,
再给他点份儿法式吐司
whipped cream on the side.
生奶油放边上
He doesn't know to treat it.
他不懂得生奶油的美味
Sam, are you in here?
Sam 你在吗
Come on, man, I know it's you.
拜托 兄弟 我知道是你
I recognize your wide stance.
我看到你叉开腿站了
Go away.
走开
Come on, Samuel. That toilet's been busted for months.
别这样 Samuel 那个马桶好几个月前就坏了(被捕)
Yeah, he should know. He was a material witness.
嗯 他了解 他是关键见证人
I had nothing to do with that.
跟我没关系
You can't convict a man just 'cause he's got priors.
你不能因为我有先例就给我定罪
I appreciate your concern, but I would like to be alone.
感谢你们的关心 但我想自己呆会儿
I've just received a very disturbing letter from home.
我刚收到一封家里不好的来信
Aw, geez. Did-did someone die?
哦 天哪 有人去世了吗
No.
没有
Anybody sick?
是谁生病了
No.
不是
Okay then. We'll get out of your hair.
那好吧 我们不烦你了
"Dear Son...
"亲爱的儿子
"Our village is once again in the grips of a horrible drought.
咱们的村子又一次发生了旱灾
"Tribal warfare threatens to break out at any minute.
部落战争随时都可能爆发
"So it is with deep sadness I inform you
所以我很难过地要告诉你
"That this month
这个月
we can only afford to send you $16♥4♥."
我们只能给你16♥4♥美元了"
Wait, your family lives in Africa
等会儿 你们家人住在非洲
and they send you money?
他们要给你寄钱
I know. I'm pathetic.
我知道 我太可悲了
Well, no, no, now, you know...
呃 没 没有 别这样 其实
Well.
好吧
Yeah, I'm trying to put a positive spin on this,
嗯 我也想往这个事情的积极方面想
but I keep picturing a guy covered in flies
但脑海里却总是浮现着一个身上覆满着苍蝇的人
writing you a check.
在给你写支票的画面
Out of 14 children, I was the one they sent to America.
我家一共有14个孩子 他们只让我来了美国
Look at me.
看看我
I'm a complete failure.
我是个十足的失败者
They put all of their ostrich eggs in the wrong basket.
他们押错了宝
No. Now-now, you know...
没有 别这样 其实
Well.
好吧
My family can't afford to support me anymore,
我们家供不起我了
and I can't afford to live here.
我没法再呆在这儿了
They're telling me I should come back home.
他们意思就是我应该回家
Sorry, pal.
抱歉 兄弟
What am I going to do? Oh. Okay.
我该怎么办 哦 好
All right. Okay.
好了 好了
I might as well get up in this, too.
我也一起好了
Oh.
哦
Can you give us a minute? We're just finishing up in here.
等我们一会儿行吗 这就完事儿了
Hey, Mol.
嘿 Mol
Taste this.
尝尝这个
Mom and I are perfecting our smoothie recipe.
我和妈在制♥作♥绝妙的果昔
It's got flax seed, protein powder, kale,
这里面有亚麻籽 蛋白粉 甘蓝
and three different kinds of rum.
还有三种不同的朗姆酒
Whew! That's got quite a kick.
哇 劲儿挺足呀
Well, at least I can't taste the kale.
至少尝不出来有甘蓝
Hey.
嘿
Hey. How was your day?
嗨 今天怎么样呀
Not good. Got some bad news.
不怎么样 有不好的消息
Looks like Samuel's gonna have to move back to Africa.
Samuel可能要回非洲了
Wait, he's leaving?
什么 他要走了
Yeah, he just doesn't have the money to stay...
对 他没钱留在这儿了
Oh, smoothies!
哦 果昔
Oh, no. That's terrible.
不要啊 太可怕了
Wait a minute, how bad is it?
等会儿 有多糟糕
Not bad, man... more rum, less kale, you got a winner.
不糟糕 多朗姆 少甘蓝 没有更好的了
No, I mean Samuel.
不是 我是说Samuel
Oh, I don't know. I didn't ask.
哦 我不清楚 没问
Well, when is he leaving?
那他什么时候要走
No clue.
不知道
Well, what's he gonna do when he gets back home?
那他回家后要做什么
I don't know. Probably African stuff.
不了解 可能就是非洲的那些事儿吧
So Samuel is going through something like this,
也就是说Samuel经历着这样的事情
and you didn't find out any details?
你却没问问怎么个情况
No, I did not... it's called respecting a friend's privacy.
没有 这叫做尊重朋友的隐私
When a guy's going through something,
当一个男人遇到什么事情
you don't poke your nose in, you avert your gaze
你不能问东问西 要移开视线
and let him go down the drain with dignity.
让他带着尊严随一切付诸东流
He's your friend. He's not a dead goldfish.
他是你的朋友 不是条死金鱼
You don't get it. The last thing a guy wants
你不明白 男人最不想
is for his friends to see him vulnerable.
让朋友看到他脆弱的一面
It's like when we shower at the gym... eyes forward.
就像我们在健身房♥淋浴的时候 眼睛看前方
The naked, wet man next to you is invisible.
你身边那个湿湿的裸男并不存在
That's ridiculous.
太可笑了
Well, you say that because shower time for you gals
你这么说是因为女人洗澡
is an excuse to get in each others' business.
就是你们互相嬉戏的借口而已
Giggling, tickling, lathering each other up.
一起咯咯笑 挠痒痒 互相抹香皂
You forgot the mud wrestling before we get in the shower.
别忘了还有洗澡前的泥地摔跤
Mom, don't... he's gonna think you're serious.
妈 别 他还以为是真的呢
Mike, friends help friends whether they ask for it or not.
Mike 朋友就算没请求也要帮
We're not gonna just do nothing and then let Samuel leave.
我们不能眼睁睁看着Samuel走
Molly,
Molly
sometimes nothing is the kindest thing you can do.
有时候 无所作为是你能做的最好的作为
Mike,
Mike
that's a load of crap.
一堆屁话
You just don't want to do anything
你就是不想去做任何
that has real emotions involved.
涉及感情的事情
Exactly. You get it.
说的极是
We're saying the same thing.
我们的观点是一样的
That was a very nice dinner. Aw.
晚饭很好吃 哦
Thank you for inviting me over.
谢谢你邀请我
Oh, no, that was Molly's idea.
哦 不 这是Molly的主意
I'm a friend. I didn't want to go anywhere near you.
我是你的朋友 我可不想离你太近
No, the reason we had you over, 'cause we're concerned and...
我们让你来是因为担心你
we care about you.
我们是关心你的
Right, Mike? Yeah, yeah.
是吧 Mike 嗯 嗯
What?
什么
I said yes.
我说是的
Then it might be nice
也许让你的朋友听到
for your friend to hear that... from you.
你亲口说比较好
Okay. I care. He knows that.
行 我关心的 他知道
剧集 | 迈克和茉莉(2010) | 导航列表