This book that sits before me is the physical manifestation
摆在我面前的这本书
of all your hard work.
是你全部辛苦创作的物质体现
The fruits of your labor.
你劳动所得的果实
The vessel in which you've laid bare your soul,
你表露灵魂心声的血管
exposing it like a freshly-waxed orifice.
裸♥露♥着像刚褪完毛般的毛孔
Oh! Let me see the orifice.
哦 快让我看看毛孔
I mean, the-the book. God, the book, the book.
我是说 这本书 天啊 是这书
It's beautiful.
太美了
Bring it to your bosom.
把它放在你的胸间
Oh, my God, it's real.
哦 我的神啊 这是真的
My own book.
我自己的书
Oh, and look at me in that brown sweater.
哦 快看我穿着棕色毛衣
You know, I fight it,
我也不愿承认
but I really am an Autumn.
但我真的是秋季型人
I want you to enjoy this moment...
我想让你尽情享受此刻
the crowning achievement for every writer.
每位作家加冕时的成就感
I will. I-I've dreamt of this day.
我会的 我做梦都在想着这天的到来
Good. Now wake up!
好的 现在梦醒了
Hey!
嘿!
You're not a writer anymore.
你现在不再是一个作家了
From now on, you're a salesman,
从现在起 你是个销♥售♥员了
a carnival barker, and that book is your bearded lady,
一个嘉年华小杂耍 这本书就是你的胡渣夫人
your dog-faced boy, your conjoined twins.
你的狗脸男童 你的连体双胞胎
Okay, I get it! I gotta sell the book!
好的 我明白了 我得卖♥♥了这些书
No, forget about the book. You gotta sell yourself. Okay...
别管这书 你要推销自己 好的
Cut it out!
够了
You must brand yourself... like Stephen King, J.K. Rowling,
你需要为自己树立品牌 就像史蒂芬·金 J.K.罗琳
that Chicken Soup for the Soul guy.
那个心灵鸡汤男
Okay, I get it. Just stop throwing it.
好啦 我明白了 别再扔书了
We'll start the media push with radio.
我们的媒体推广活动从广播开始
Oh...
哦
radio.
电台广播
I just... think that this might...
我是 想也许这个
want to be on TV.
想上电视
Well, that doesn't get on TV
那个想上电视
until this goes viral.
得让这个先热卖♥♥
Blogs, podcasts, social media...
博客 播客 社交媒体
this needs to spread faster than gonorrhea in a Dutch prison.
这要比荷兰监狱里的淋病散布得还要快才行
Yikes... guess who's not jaywalking in Amsterdam.
咦 猜猜谁不敢在阿姆斯特丹乱过马路
But what about that launch party?
那新书发布会呢
You just tell me when and where
你告诉我什么时间 在哪儿举办就好
and I'll throw on something brown.
我到时候穿点儿棕色的衣服
I would love to have a grand launch party for you.
我很乐意为你举办一个盛大的发布会
Unfortunately, the golden age of publishing is long gone.
不幸的是 出版界的黄金时代早就结束了
How I miss the glamour,
我多怀念曾经那魅力
the money, the cocaine...
那钞票 那可♥卡♥因♥
Mostly the cocaine.
主要是怀念可♥卡♥因♥
You know, I snorted Sweet'N Low once.
你知道不 我吸过一次低脂糖
It mostly just stung, but I got into that sorority.
就是比较刺痛 但是我加入了姐妹会
That's not to say that we're not gonna celebrate,
但这并不表示我们不会庆祝一下
it'll just be a little less showy.
只不过不那么招摇而已
Oh!
噢
Book launch!
新书发表会
Yeah! Oh, is that it?
耶 哦 这就完了
Unless you have some cocaine.
除非你有可♥卡♥因♥
This is exciting. I'm so proud of you, honey.
太激动了 我太为你骄傲了 亲爱的
Oh...! Oh, wait till you see it,
等你看到了再说
the book turned out beautiful.
书出版得特别好看
Hey, you want me to help there? No.
你需要我帮个忙吗 不需要
I got it, I got it. I just need to get this...
我能搞定 我能搞定 就是需要把这个
this tape started.
把这个胶带撕开
You want a knife? Do you want to scratch the book?
你需要剪刀吗? 你想把书划破吗?
All right. Honey, you know what I did?
好吧 亲爱的 你知道我写什么了吗?
I did write a dedication page
我写了致谢页
for you guys to thank you for all your support.
谢谢你们对我的支持
Well, why don't you open the box and let us see?
那为什么不打开箱子让我们看看
I am trying, okay?
我正努力打开着呢 好吗
Do you not see me trying to open it?
你没看到我正费劲地开箱吗
Okay, if anybody here could maybe give me scissors
好吧 在座的哪位能给我一把剪刀
or a knife or something.
或是一把刀啥的
Here. Something to help.
给 能帮上忙的工具
God, I gotta beg for it.
天啊 我还得求着才能要到
Be careful, that's razor-sharp.
小心点儿 它特别锋利
Yeah. Ow! Son of a... Oh!
嗷 我擦 噢
God.
天啊
You're listening to The Morning Drive Time
您现在收听的是
with Big Stain and Willie.
由大污和Willie主持的<晨间驾驶>
It's ten minutes after the hour, and we're back with Molly Flynn,
本小时刚过十分钟 本期节目我们请到Molly Flynn
talking about her sexy new book, Within Her Walls.
向大家介绍她的性感新书 <伊墙之中>
Ooh! Welcome, Molly.
哦 欢迎Molly
Thank you, Big Stain. It's nice to be here.
谢谢大污 很高兴来到这里
So, this book... I hear it's, uh, one spicy read.
那么 这本书 我听说这是一本撩人的读物
Well... Well, it definitely has its moments,
那个 那个 它的确有精彩之处
but it's really a story about a woman
但其实这本书讲述的是
on a journey of self-discovery.
一名女性的自我发现之旅
I think Willie liked your book.
我觉得Willie喜欢你的书
Well, thank you, Willie. Um...
谢谢你 Willie 嗯
Hopefully, it will appeal to a broad audience.
我希望这本书能吸引广大读者
You know, I... I tried to speak to the human condition
我想通过这本书描述人类状态
and not just have a series of sex scenes in it, so...
而不仅仅是描写性♥爱♥场景 所以
Oh, okay, all right, I get it, I get it.
哦 好了 可以了 我明白了 我明白了
You're-You're gonna make that sound
每次我提及有性暗示的内容时
every time I say anything that has a sexual connotation.
你就要发出这个声音
There it is.
又来了
Okay, anyhoo, uh, the point that I was trying to make
好的 无论如何 我想说的是
is that this book has a strong female voice, which I think
这本书发出了强有力的女性声音
is really underrepresented in modern literature, so I...
我认为这是在现代文学中被忽视的部分
Wake up, Willie, the lady's talking.
醒醒 Willie 这位女士在说话呢
It's funny. It's very funny.
很搞笑 非常搞笑
Um, listen, I understand that this is your show,
你听着 我知道这是你的节目
and that the wacky noises are all part of the fun,
还有那个滑稽的声音是为了节目效果
but I worked my butt off...
但是我很努力地
Aw, Willie!
唔 Willie
Make all the goofy noises you want, I'm fine with it
你想弄什么弱智的音效就弄 我不介意
as long as I can still promote my book, so...
只要我还能推荐我的书就行 所以
Oh, it looks like we're plumb out of time.
哦 看来我们时间不够了
Well, wait a minute, we haven't even promoted the book yet.
等一下 咱们还没推荐这本书呢
Well, what'd you think about it, Willie?
好吧 你对此意下如何啊 Willie
"She knew in that moment,
"她知道就在那一刻
"Not only did she find a lover,
她不仅找到了一位爱人
she also found herself."
她也找到了真我"
Any questions?
有什么问题吗
Yes?
请讲
I noticed your protagonist is a very strong woman
我发现你书中的主角是一个很坚强的女人
with her own thoughts and opinions.
有她自己的想法和观点
Say she was here tonight...
假如说她今晚在场
where do you think she'd like to go to dinner after this?
你觉得她想在读书会结束后去哪儿吃饭
I don't care, Vince... wherever you guys want to go to eat.
我无所谓 Vince 你们想去哪儿吃就去哪儿
Thank you for your response.
谢谢你的回答
Yeah, I got a question... for everybody.
好的 我有一个问题 是问大家的
How cute is she, huh? Come on!
她多惹人爱啊 是吧
Yes,
您请说
to the man who I don't live with?
这位不是和我住在一起的先生
It's more of a follow-up on that other question.
其实是对他上一个问题的回答
If you like Mediterranean, there's a new Greek place
如果你喜欢地中海菜 两个街区外
two blocks over... it's right next to that rub and tug.
有一家新开的希腊餐馆 就挨着那家按♥摩♥店
Thanks, but I was just trying to get the ball rolling
谢了 不过其实我只是救救场
'cause she was dying up there.
因为她在上面好尴尬哦
We're having Italian. Hey...
我们准备吃意大利菜 嘿
Hey, Molly's the author.
嘿 Molly才是这本书的作者
剧集 | 迈克和茉莉(2010) | 导航列表