剧集 | 西部风云 | 导航列表
欢迎你
You are welcome.
我知道你能听懂我说的一些话
l know you can understand some of what l say...
但不管你怎么想
and whatever you think,
普拉蒂上尉是为了你们的人着想
Captain Pratt means well for your people.
不是的
No.
我也没读过很多书 ...
l'm a simple man,
但我知道:
but l know this:
知识就是力量
Knowledge is power.
如果你不学习我们的东西
And if you don't study our ways,how will your great grandchildren
那么你的曾孙子如何才能知道你的神力之轮的意义
know the meaning of your holy wheel?
又如何了解你们的历史?
How will they know of your history?
以及你们伟大的胜利?
Of your great victories?
我们会告诉他们
We tell these things.
那样还不够 乔治
That's not enough, George.
因为...
See, 'cause what we call history
我们白人所谓的历史都是由获胜的我们写的
is written by those who win the battles.
那么你们也要记下你们自己的历史
So you must make your voice heard.
你必须保护你们的文化
You must preserve your culture.
必须将这些写下来
You must write it down.
用英语
ln English.
不是为了普拉蒂
Not for Pratt,
而是为了你们的子孙后代
but for your children and their children.
为什么我要照你说的做?
Why l do what you tell me?
白人做过很多承诺 可从未兑现过
White men say many things,mean nothing.
有些白人是这样的...
That is true of some white men...
我想印第安人中也有这样的人
...and some lndians, l expect.
乔治 你是年轻人
You're a young man, George.
相信我 我知道年轻人的梦想是什么样子
Believe me, l know the nature of a young man's dreams.
永远不要舍弃你的梦想
Don't stop dreaming.
但记住当你早上醒来
But remember, when you wake up,
你就又回到了白人的世界
you're back in a white man's world.
你也有梦想么?
You have dream?
寥寥无几了
l still got a few left.
也许现在想办法实现它们还不晚
Maybe it's not too late to make them happen.
在这个特殊的场合
And it is my considerable pleasure
向大家介绍我们的汇报演出
on this signal occasion to introduce
6个月后
是我莫大的荣幸
剧名是《哥伦比亚的花名册》
our commencement theatrical,Columbia's Roll Call,
表演者是我们亲爱的克莱拉·惠勒夫人的学生
presented by the students of Mrs. Clara Wheeler.
请大家热烈欢迎
A round of applause, please.
我们来自同一个民族 带着小饰品和玩具
Are we the same boys who,with trinkets and toys,
鹿皮鞋 毯子和颜料
moccasins, blankets and paint,
以及奇异的装束
and a costume most quaint,
在10月6日到达了旅途的终点
on the sixth of October,the long journey over,
在六个月前来到了这个友善的地方
came to this friendly roof six months ago?
是的 我们同兵营的人...
Yes, we are the very same
没有什么不同
who to these good barracks came,
在那里有好心的朋友欢迎我们
where kindly friends a welcome gave us,
尽他们的所能教育我们
did all they could to teach and save us
让我们远离自己的陋习 以及不好的生活方式
from idle habits and bad ways
并帮助我们读书
and carried us safelythrough the maze
写字和对话
of reading, writing and of talking,
甚至指导我们走路
and even improved our walking.
历史传闻的使者
Heralds of fame and history,
打开你神秘卷轴
unroll your scroll of mystery.
在响起你音色的喇叭后
Then with your silver trumpets blast,
打开过去的大门
unloose the shut gates of the past
并且朝东 西 南 北
and call Columbia's heroes forth,
像哥伦比亚女神致敬四次
proclaim them East,West, South and North.
让品他扣动他的信♥号♥♥枪...
Then boomed the Pinta's signal gun,
在沉睡的新世界...
the first that ever broke
响起的第一个声音...
the sleep of that new world.
回音荡漾在...
The sound echoing to forest depths,
茂密的丛林中 一块大♥陆♥就此苏醒
a continent awoke.
我看到火车在荒芜的沙漠上穿行
l see a train of exiles stand amid the desert desolate,
马萨诸塞州的父辈们啊
the fathers of Massachusetts land,
你们是光荣的先驱者 勇敢面对着来自海洋以及陆地的危险
the daring pioneers of fate who braved the perils of sea and earth...
你们夺走了我们的土地和群山
You've taken our rivers and mountains,
以及我们可以漫步的平原
不让我们投入大山的怀抱
the plains where we loved to roam.
而只让我们在荒芜的土地上建立家园
Banish us not to the mountains and the lonely wastes for home!
我们过去勇敢而又强大的部落也因为你们...
Our clans that were strongest and bravest are broken
变得支离破碎
and powerless through you.
让我们加入白人的部落之中...
Let us join the great tribe of white men
与他们称兄道弟
as brothers to dare and to do.
我们就还会有和平
And still the ways of peace we would follow,
春播秋种
sow the seed and the sheaves gather in.
学习你们的劳动 知识以及宗教
Share your labor,your learning, your worship,
要赢得一个更好的生活
a life larger, better to win.
而不再有战争
Then foeman no longer nor aliens,
但我们会成为好兄弟
but brothers indeed we will be.
不虔诚的公民会暴露在阳光下
And the sun find no citizens truer
将他投进浩瀚的大海
as he rolls to the uttermost sea.
你让我失望了 惠勒先生
You disappoint me, Mr. Wheeler.
就是因为我太想取悦那些观众
Comes from me trying to please people too much.
但一个人必须要做一些事情
But a man's gotta stand for something,
否则他就是可有可无的人
or he doesn't count for much.
惠勒先生 你打算做什么事情呢?
And what do you stand for,Mr. Wheeler?
你是否真的了解自己?
Do you even know yourself?
现在我终于了解了 先生
l do... now, sir.
我想该是我回家的时候了
lt's time for me to go home...
在那里我可以做些好事
...where l can do some good...
用我自己的方式
...my own way.
剧集 | 西部风云 | 导航列表