剧集 | 西部风云 | 导航列表
第一集
历史的车轮
白人把他们称作野牛
The white man called them buffalo.
我们称他们为威严的Tatanka
We called them Tatanka,the majestic ones.
注① 印第安人认为野牛是由神灵Tatanka变成的
他们的故事也就是我们的故事
Their story is the story of our people.
Tatanka一直生活在地下
Tatanka lived in the underworld,
直到有一天他在幻象中看到了我们
until he saw our people in a vision.
他看到了我们生活的艰辛
He saw that we were needy.
为了眷顾我们
And for the love of us,
Tatanka钻出了地面变成了野牛
Tatanka came up out of the earth and became flesh
他们的兽肉可供我们食用
so that we could eat,
兽皮可供我们制♥作♥衣服和帐篷
make our clothes and our dwellings from his hide.
1825年 拉科塔族落
Lakota Village
野牛群
The Buffalo Nation.
大草原裂开了
The prairie opened up...
像是一只张开大口的狗
like a dog mouth yawning-
洞非常大 -
The hole was very big.
我朝下望去
I looked down into the darkness
野牛都掉进了洞里
...and the buffalo went into hole
我看到最后一头野牛也回到了地下
I saw the last buffalo go back into the earth
我看到我们忍♥饥挨饿 -
住在方形的屋子里 -
大家听着 咆哮之熊是在胡说 -
巫医 翱翔之鹰
Soaring Eagle, a medicine man,
无法接受咆哮之熊
could not acceptthe terrible vision of Growling Bear,
所描述的有关野牛群消失
that the buffalo would disappear
人们住在方形屋子里的可怕幻象
and the Lakota would live in square houses.
真如翱翔之鹰所言便好了
1825年 维吉尼亚州威尔顿
我想我们的家族史最好还是从我的祖父亚伯拉罕开始讲起
l suppose the best place to begin our family's storyis with Grandsire Abraham.
我还是孩子的时候就常听说
Many was the time as a boy l listened to his tale
他是如何在约克镇战役中被加农炮打瘸一只腿的故事
of how a cannon subtracted a leg at the Battle of Yorktown.
如果能看到当时的情景 我宁可倾家荡产
l'd have wagered both mineto see what he saw.
我的不幸便是出生在一个单调的年代
My misfortune was to be born in a drab age
还要与一群手工匠们共同生活在一间乏闷的谷仓里
and to have lived in the stifle of a barn
我们曾是车轮匠
where a man was only as good as the things he crafted.
那东西刚发明的时候我们便以此为生了
Wheel wrights we were, going back to the time when they invented the damn thing.
车轮匠造车轮 可在我那个年代却更像是车轮使唤着车轮匠
Wheelers made wheels.But in my day, it seemed the wheels made the Wheelers.
白天我沉浸在小说之中
All the long day, l lived in my books.
到了晚上
And by night,
我又梦想着密西西比河对岸的快乐生活
l dreamed of a better life beyond the Mississippi.
早上好 伊诺克
Morning, Enoch.
老爹 早啊
Hi, Papa.
你好么
How are you?
很好
Good.
很好
Good.
内森
Nathan.
早啊
Morning.
现在它才变得如此美丽
Now that is a thing of beauty.
有人看到雅各布了么?
Anybody see Jacob?
雅各布?
Jacob?
像你这么大的时候我已经在弗吉谷修理加农炮轮了
At your age l was repairing cannon wheels at Valley Forge.
起码您增长了见识 先生
At least you got to see a bit of the world.
那是战争
The was the war.
我们别无选择
We had no choice.
好在你活在和平年代
Thank God you live in a time of peace.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
一旦你选择了砧座(指车匠) 就要为此奉献一生
Apply yourself to the anvil and you're set for life.
从学徒到成为车匠要10年的时间
lt takes ten years to make a journeyman wheelwright.
出师又要花费10年的时间
Another ten for master.
你永远不会没活干
You'll never lack for work.
和平年代需要轮子
They need wheels in time of peace.
战争年代也需要--
They need wheels in time of...
不要顶嘴!年轻人!
Don't you sass me, young man!
是 先生
Yes, sir.
你们可以去吃午饭了
You boys knock off for lunch now.
雅各布除外
Except Jacob.
你已经吃完了
You already had yours.
那匹农耕的马需要钉掌
Plow-horse needs shoeing out there.
早上好
Good morning.
你们这里谁能帮我换一个来♥复♥枪♥的扳机?
Who do l see about replacing a rifle cock?
我就可以 先生
That'd be me, sir.
恕我无礼 您的那块伤疤是怎么弄的呢?
lf l may, sir, how did you come by that scar?
与夏延勇士意见不合
Difference of opinion with a Cheyenne warrior.
注② 夏延:印第安部落名称
那家伙认为我的头皮挂在他的腰带上会更好看
Savage thought my scalp might look better hanging from his belt.
而我更愿意让它留在原处
But... l favored where God put it.
可最后他的头皮却挂在了我的腰带上
But then l fancied his locks on my belt.
可以摸一下吗
May l?
当然
- Sure.
天啊
My goodness.
这是什么东西?
- What in the Sam Hill is that?
这可是神圣的东西
- Whoa!
是灰熊的
Sacred.
当时它的后掌和我的距离只有到那第一根椽条那么近
On its hind legs,bout where that first rafter starts.
老天啊
Goodness gracious.
一定非常的惊险
Must be hell out there.
其实更像是身处伊甸园 孩子
More like a Garden of Eden, son.
途中一些部落会送给你女孩子
You come across some tribes that give you the girls.
你会看到白雪皑皑的群山
You got mountains covered with snow in summer.
无边无际的森林
And forests that go on forever.
波涛汹涌的河流
Rivers that you can't hardly see across.
有时要耗费半天的时间才能等到野牛群全部通过
Sometimes you wait half a day for a buffalo herd to run past.
那些长着毛发的大野兽
Big shaggy beast,
有3匹马那么大
three times a horse,
数量大的下人
horizon to horizon.
还有那纯净的太平洋--上帝第八天创造的奇迹
Then the Pacific.Unsullied by human hands,as it was on the eighth day of the world.
看一下好用吗
See if that'll work for you.
谢谢
Thank you.
给那匹马钉掌了吗?
Did you finish shoeing that plow-horse like l told you?
这群小伙子都不错
lt's a fine young man you got here.
只要他别帮倒忙就行了
lf he doesn't get knocked into a cocked hat first.
你居然让炉火熄灭了
And you let the fire burn down too.
今天我们本可以再造出一个轮子
We could have turned out another wheel before the end of the day,
可现在也泡汤了
but not now.
能帮我磨一下这把刀么?
Think you could put a sharper edge on this for me?
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
这是...
ls that...
人血?
human blood?
这玩意可不是用来切牛排的
Arkansas toothpick ain't for cutting your steak.
您正准备到哪去呢 先生?
So where are you headed, sir?
去圣路易斯与杰迪戴亚·史密斯会合
O'er St. Louis,meet up with Mr. Jedediah Smith.
是传说中的杰迪戴亚·史密斯吗?
The Jedediah Smith?
上帝只造了一个受人敬仰的史密斯
God made only one of him for all of us to look up to.
是谁?
Who's that?
史密斯先生为我们打开了通往荒野西部狩猎的大门
Well, Mr. Smith opened up the deep West for trappers.
他正招募山顶人去猎捕大盐湖附近的海狸
注③ 山顶人:以皮毛生意为生的白人猎手
Looking for a few good mountain mento explore the beaver populations out around the Great Salt Lake.
从海狸身上能赚多少钱?
How much can a man make off of beaver?
伦敦和巴黎的需求量都很大
As long as they keep buying beaver hats in London and Paris,
一年至少能赚4000到5000
upwards to four or five thousand a year.
该回去工作了
Time for you to get back to work now.
都回去
All of you.
玛格丽特 这只鹅烤得真好
Oh, now Margaret, that is a fine-looking goose.
你相信海狸的那件事么?
- Do you believe that beaver story?
星期日的晚餐可视作是同我父亲和尼克...
Sunday dinner was another form of labor with my father Enoch,
我母亲玛格丽特...
my mother Margaret...
先祷告
Can we say grace first?
还有我的兄弟以斯拉 内森叶忒罗的另一种形式的劳动
...my brothers Ezra,Nathan and Jethro.
对于赐予我们这些...
For what we are about to receive...
亚伯拉罕祖父和汉纳祖母主持祷告
Grandfather presided over the ritual with Grandmother Hannah.
一周的六天时间里惠勒家都在打铁
The Wheelers pounded iron six days a week,
而在第七天 我们互相打趣
but on the seventh,we pounded each other.
亚当斯总统对欧洲那边说"滚远点
President Adams is saying to Europe,Keep out.
剧集 | 西部风云 | 导航列表