剧集 | 西部风云 | 导航列表
Get your clothes.
进那个房♥间
Go in that room.
找一张床
Find a bed.
- 留着长发 -
- 我也能学习白人的东西 -
拦住那个孩子 惠勒先生
Stop that boy, Mr. Wheeler!
不要让他跑掉
Don't let him get away!
快来!
Come on, now!
我抓住他了!
l got him! l got him! l got him!
这种情况是意料之中
This is to be expected.
印第安人只有在哀悼的时候才会割掉自己的头发
An lndian man only cuts his hair in times of great mourning.
可如果这是他们的传统...
lf it's their tradition...
这种陋习必须要废除
Old habits must be unlearned.
而且越快越好
The sooner the better.
谢谢你们大家
Thank you, everyone.
回去继续工作吧
Back to your duties.
快点
Quickly now.
您也一样 惠勒先生
You too, Mr. Wheeler.
惠勒夫人
Mrs. Wheeler.
我们做的对么?
ls it right what we're doing?
虽然很合情理
lt all made so much sense.
我们需要更多的时间 克莱拉
We have to give it more time, Clara.
普拉蒂上尉是一个正直的人
Captain Pratt's a decent man.
我清楚自己在做什么
He knows what he's doing.
- 大灵眷顾我吧 -
宇宙中的万物都在轮回之中
The universe is made of circles.
无始无终
No beginning and no end.
- 地球绕着太阳转 -
- 月亮绕着地球转 -
这个十字交叉相交于这个圆圈于四点
The cross touches the circle four times.
昨天你们是印第安人
Yesterday, you were lndians.
今天你们就是美国人了
Today, you are Americans.
从今以后你们就不能再说你们的语言
Hereafter, you will not speak in your native tongue.
你们只能说英语
You will speak only English.
我们在卡莱尔成立这所印第安工业学校的目的
Our purpose here at the Carlisle lndian lndustrial School
就是把你们培养成为在白人的世界中有用的人
is to make you ready to take a useful place in the white man's world.
这四个方向代表四种特长
There are four directions,four virtues.
- 有谁知道都是什么 -
- 勇敢 -
- 力量 -
- 智慧 -
- 慈悲 -
记住 努力干活并不丢脸
Remember, there is no shame in hard work.
只有工作才会获得自♥由♥
ln work, there is freedom.
你们要把大部分时间都花在干活上
Make the most of your time here.
你们没权利浪费自己的时间
You have no right to waste your own.
更不要说浪费别人的
Still less, the time of others.
我们出生后就有了一项与生俱来的特长
Each of us is born with one of these.
其余的三个就要我们在自己身上寻找
All of you must find the other three within you.
解散
Dismissed.
我的曾祖父
My great grandfather
在他跟随华盛顿作战的时候就开始制♥造♥和修理轮子了
made and fixed wheels as he marched with Washington.
乔治·华盛顿?
George Washington?
波托马克?
Potomac?
樱桃树?
Cherry tree.
算了
Forget it.
让我给你们演示一下轮子是怎么造出来的
Let me show you how a wheel's made.
轮心
Hub.
轮心
Hub.
轮辐
Spokes.
轮辐
Spokes.
记住了?
All right?
轮子
Wheel.
轮子
Wheel.
- 把这个戴在白人的衣服里 -
- 这样你们就会记住太阳舞了 -
乔治 你来试试吧
George, why don't you give it a try?
好的
All right.
找到A
Now find ''A.''
然后是B
Now ''B.''
好的
Good.
继续吧
Please, continue.
然后是C
And ''C''?
接着来 乔治 你做的很好
Go ahead.You were doing so well.
出来
Outside.
现在听我说 年轻人
Now you listen to me, young man...
解开你的外套
Unbutton your jacket.
快!
Now!
他从你的作坊里面偷来了带刺铁丝 还给其他孩子做了这个
He stole barbed wire from your shop and made these for other boys.
惠勒先生 如果我们成功了
lf we succeed, Mr. Wheeler,
卡莱尔会成为全国好几所...
Carlisle will be the model for dozens,
甚至是上百所...
perhaps hundreds of other
其他印第安学校的典范
lndian schools all over the country.
我相信如果我们能转变乔治...
l believe that if we can turn George around,
我们就能改变他们中大部分的顽固分子
we can turn around the most recalcitrant of them.
我同意
l agree.
我只是想如果循序渐进的话会更...
l wonder if a slower transition wouldn't be...
已经没时间来想折中的办法了
There is no time left for half measures.
拯救这些孩子 我们必须让他们完全而彻底地...
To save the child, we must kill the lndian,
忘掉印第安的传统
fully and completely.
我受不了那个人了
l cannot abide that man.
他是个好人 不会一下子就变坏的
How can he be so right and so wrong at the same time?
很好
Use your spoon.Very good.
学了什么一定要记住
Remember what you learned.
咬
Bite it!
咬!
Bite it!
咬!
Bite it!Chew!
嚼了它 嚼!
Chew! Chew!
不准你再说印第安语!
Never speak lndian again!
永远不准!
Never!
拿上你们自己的轮辐 调整你们的外轮 做一个轮圈
You got your spokes set.Now attach your felloes.
乔治在哪?
Where's George?
乔治?
George?
"第24课:作家"
''Lesson 24: The Storyteller.
"彼得·帕利是一位伟大的作家"
Peter Parley was a great storyteller.
"读过他的小说的孩子都知道他"
This is known to all children
我想他们可能是病了
l thought they might be sick.
你病了么 孩子?
Are you sick, boy?
- 白人的生活方式就如同这团火在燃烧 -
- 但只要我们坚强 -
- 就不会伤害到我们的灵魂 -
- 真疼 -
- 当你接受了白人的生活方式 -
- 而又保留了自己的传统-
- 那么你就成功了 -
这些孩子毫无疑问是被带坏了
The younger boys were no doubt corrupted.
但乔治又是另外一回事
But George is a different matter.
上尉 恕我直言
你不觉得在这些孩子身上要求太多了么?
With all due respect, you might be asking too much of these children.
太多?
Too much?
惠勒先生 你这是在贬低他们
You demean them.
举个例子 我们并没有要求德国人...
We don't demand the Germans,for instance,
完全变成美国人 这个转变甚至在我们 准许他们来这个国家之前就完成了
become thoroughly American before we admit them to this country.
他们老老小小踏上了我们的海岸
They arrive on our shores old and young,
就必须立刻成为我们美国人
and must become Americans at once.
我们不会把我们的劳动力提供给移♥民♥
We don't feed our civilization to immigrants.
我们只把移♥民♥的劳动力提供给我们的人
We feed immigrants to our civilization.
印第安人也一样
So let it be with the lndian.
给我一个机会 让我去和乔治谈谈
Give me a chance to bring George around.
我想我可以和他沟通
l think l may have some currency with him.
好的 惠勒先生
Very well, Mr. Wheeler.
我必须面对这个现实
l have come to the regrettable realization
你对待教育的观点已经与我不同了
that you no longer share my views on education.
但我同意你的办法
But l'm willing to accede to your methods.
仅此一次
This once.
普拉蒂上尉让我想起了我的父亲
Captain Pratt reminds me of my father.
他就像一堵墙一样固执
He's an immovable wall.
我想最后的结果可能他是错的
l wonder that he may not be right in the end.
我们的孩子也会这么说你么?
Will our child say that about you?
乔治
George.
- 我叫传信人 -
剧集 | 西部风云 | 导航列表