Kids, this is a story of landmarks.
孩子们 这是一个关于里程碑的故事
There are certain moments in life when you have to decide
人生中总会有一些时刻 让你不得不决定
which things you can stand to see torn down,
哪些事物你可以强忍♥它被拆毁的痛楚
and which things you have to preserve,
而哪些事物 你坚持要保留
no matter what.
赴汤蹈火在所不惜
Such a moment came for all of us in May of 2011,
2011年5月 在纽约城市地标保护委员会
at a special meeting of
一次特殊会议上
the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission,
我们所有人都面临着这样一刻
where the fate of The Arcadian
因为阿卡迪亚的命运
would be decided once and for all.
将就此宣判
A symbol of strength and constancy,
阿卡迪亚的石狮
the stone lion of The Arcadian
是力量与忠诚的象征
has watched over New Yorkers for generations.
它已经见证了几代纽约人的成长
So remember:
所以请记住
if the lion head stonework is regal,
如果石狮头象征着帝王风范
then tearing it down should be illegal.
那么拆毁它 实属目无王法
Did you like that? All right, uh...
你们喜欢这么说 那好
We must make sure the lion is always there.
我们必须确保 石狮永存
Destroy The Arcadian?
想毁了阿卡迪亚
Oh, no, don't you dare.
不 量你没胆
Yeah? Yeah? Okay.
怎么样 怎么样 好
Try this one on for size...
再听这句试试
If you want New York's history at your beck and call...
如果想让纽约的历史发展如你所愿
All right, thank you, Mr. Eriksen.
好了 谢谢你 艾瑞克森先生
I just have...
我快说完了
We will now hear from the architect
我们现在要听取国家巨人银行大楼
of the proposed GNB Tower,
工程提案的建筑师
Ted Mosby.
泰德·莫斯比的陈述
Now, uh,
现在
Mr. Mosby, let's just cut right to the chase.
莫斯比先生 我们直奔主题吧
Do you think The Arcadian should be a landmark?
你认为阿卡迪亚该成为地标建筑吗
Okay, it's killing me.
好吧 我受不了了
What rhymes with "beck and call?"
和"如你所愿"押韵的下句是什么
Wrecking ball.
毁灭大球
Don't go swinging no wrecking ball.
别去挥舞毁灭大球
Thank you.
谢谢你
Mr. Mosby,
莫斯比先生
do you think The Arcadian should be a landmark?
你认为阿卡迪亚该成为地标建筑吗
It's not a difficult question.
这问题不难
It was a difficult question.
这问题其实很难
Of course, had he asked me a few days earlier,
当然 如果他早几天问我
I would have immediately said...
我会毫不犹豫地回答
"Yes. The Arcadian should be a landmark."
"当然 阿卡迪亚应该成为地标建筑"
And then the crowd gasps: "Oh, my God!
然后群众一片沸腾 "天啊"
"Did he really just say that?
"他真这么说了吗"
"Oh, heavens!"
"我的老天爷"
"Oh, my stars!"
"我的上帝"
"I must clutch my pearls!"
"我要护好我的珍珠项链"[形容格外激动]
So these things are generally attended by old Southern ladies?
这么说 与会的都是些南方老妇人吗
Almost exclusively. But here's my point:
差不多吧 但我的观点是
If they ask GNB's chief architect-- aka me--
如果他们问巨人银行的总建筑师 也就是本人
if The Arcadian should be a landmark,
阿卡迪亚该不该成为地标建筑
and I say "yes"?
而我说"应该"的话
That, no, that wasn't The Arcadian being destroyed;
错了 这不是形容阿卡迪亚被摧毁的样子
that was GNB's hopes of destroying The Arcadian.
是巨人银行摧毁阿卡迪亚希望破灭的样子
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. Yeah.
抱歉 我应该表达得更清楚点 没事
The Arcadian's gonna be all like...
阿卡迪亚一定会是这样
Nice.
没错
I have a message from Barney.
我来给巴尼传口信
Things between Barney and the rest of us
近来巴尼与我们其他人的关系
had gotten a little frosty.
有点僵持不下
First this happened.
一开始 祸起萧墙
Meet the new lawyer I hired to help save The Arcadian.
见见我为阿卡迪亚新聘请的律师吧
And then this happened.
紧接着 祸不单行
What kind of dirtbag
什么样的人♥渣♥才会
doesn't stand by his best friends, but instead,
背弃自己最好的朋友 却反过来
sides with some self-righteous bitch
支持一个为了一件毫无意义的事情
with a pointless cause and a megaphone?!
整天拿着扩音器瞎吼 自以为是的贱♥货♥
Dude!
伙计
That's my girlfriend.
你说的可是我的女朋友
And ya know what?
而你知道吗
I'm on her side now, too.
我现在也支持她
Which led to this happening.
于是祸及池鱼
Message from Barney? That's my cue to leave.
巴尼的口信 这是要让我回避吧
Good night, guys.
晚安 各位
I love you. Mmm. Love you, too.
我爱你 我也爱你
Good night. Good night.
晚安 晚安
All right, what's the message?
好了 什么口信
'Cause if it's another hypothetical
因为如果又是一幅关于我胸部
yet eerily accurate drawing of my boobs...
虚构却出奇地精确的绘图
Yeah, I have that, too.
对了 那个我也带来了
Damn it.
该死
All right, here's the message.
好了 口信是这样的
"Oh, hey, guys. Didn't see you there.
各位好啊 没看到你们在这儿
"I was too busy feelin' fine and..."
我忙于沉浸在自己良好的感觉中
Really?
真的吗
"Feelin' fine and gettin' some 'jine."
沉浸于良好的感觉中 而且风流快活
"You may have noticed the giant plate
你们可能注意到我面前
"of hot wings in front of me.
这一大盘鸡翅了
"I know how much you love hot wings.
我知道你们有多爱吃鸡翅
"Too bad someone bribed the kitchen
不过有人刚贿赂了厨房♥
"to take them off the menu tonight.
让他们今晚把这道菜取消
"So, if you want some,
所以 想吃鸡翅
"you're going to have to come back to GNB.
就得重回巨人银行的怀抱
"But hurry, this offer
但是要抓紧 这提议
"will be gone lickety-split."
转瞬即逝
"Do evil laugh."
邪恶地大笑
So, what are you turds up to?
你们这群混♥蛋♥最近忙啥呢
Oh, we've got the big LPC meeting in two days.
我们两天后要去参加地标保护委员会的会议
I have my whole presentation worked out.
我的演讲已经准备好了
I just need to find a good rhyme to end on.
我只需想一个好的押韵结尾
Why does it need to rhyme?
为什么非要押韵
Mm. If you end an argument with a rhyme,
如果论辩以押韵结尾
it's convincing all the time. Yeah.
说服力持久有效 没错
It's why in our apartment:
所以我们家的口号♥是
If you're a-hopin' to score,
想要自己加分多多
don't leave your socks on the floor.
袜子不能随便丢丢
And she hasn't since. No.
她从此没乱丢过 对
Okay, okay. A couple of things.
好吧 好吧 说几件事
Lily, how'd I do? Nailed it.
莉莉 我画得怎么样 绝了
Secondly, Ted,
其次 泰德
I'm sorry I said mean things about Zoey.
我很抱歉我对苏伊说了过分的话
Are you really going to walk away from this project
你真的打算将这个工程弃之不顾
just because you're mad at me?
就因为生我的气吗
It's not because I'm mad at you.
这不是因为我生你的气
Barney, The Arcadian was designed
巴尼 阿卡迪亚是一个叫做
by a guy named John Clifford Larrabee.
约翰·克里福德·拉拉比的人设计的
And even though he's been dead for half a century,
即使他已经去世半个世纪了
it's my duty, architect to architect,
但我有责任 对设计先辈的责任感
to keep his work alive.
让他的作品长存于世
Please tell me a little part of you understands.
告诉我你多少能理解一点吧
I understand.
我理解
Zoey has magic lady bits. What?
苏伊有魔力私处 什么
Zoey's lady bits...
苏伊的私处
are magic, and that's how she controls your mind.
有魔力 因此她能控制你的意识
You see, every few hundred millennia,
毎过几十万年
lady bits leap forward...
女人的私处就有质的飞跃...
I know you're only just getting started,
我知道你才刚开头
but this is already gross.
可已经很恶心了
I once knew such a girl.
我曾遇到一个女孩
剧集 | 老爸老妈的浪漫史(2005) | 导航列表