He might be one of our fathers.
他有可能是咱俩其中一人的爸爸
Well, he's not my dad. My dad's Bob Barker.
他不可能是我爸爸 我爸爸是鲍勃·巴克
Barney! You... You've got to stop living
巴尼 你该从妈妈讲的
in these fairy tales that Mom told us!
童话故事里醒醒了
Bob Barker is not your father.
鲍勃·巴克不是你♥爸♥爸
Sam Gibbs might be,
山姆·吉布斯倒是有可能
but Bob Barker is absolutely, unequivocally not your father.
但鲍勃·巴克是完全没可能
I suppose you have a problem with the Easter Bunny, too.
我猜你也不相信复活节兔子 是吧
Not now.
现在别提
This address isn't too far.
这个地址不算太远
Are you coming with me, or not?
你要不要跟我一起去
So we're doing this?
我们真要这么做吗
We're really going to go disturb
我们真的要在
the peaceful Long Island retirement
一个星期天的下午去打扰
of the former mayor of Yourson, North Dakota
北达科他州的尔子镇的前市长
on a Sunday afternoon?
在长岛的平静生活吗
Real classy, James. Real classy.
干得漂亮 詹姆斯 干得漂亮
You're just too scared to face the truth.
你就是不敢直面真♥相♥
You're living in a dream world.
你是在自欺欺人
Maybe we shouldn't have brought these Sloppy Joes.
或许我们不应该把香喷喷牛肉酱汉堡给带上
Oh, what's done is done.
吃都吃上了
"Ted Mosby is solid as a rock."
泰德·莫斯比像石头一样结实
No. "Dependable."
不对 是可靠
No.
不对
"Rugged." No.
是健壮 还是不对
Why don't I just go to the Chevy Web site
还不如我直接去雪佛莱的官网
and copy down adjectives?
把形容车的词都复♥制♥一遍呢
I just want to hit that perfect middle ground.
我只是想找到最贴切的形容
How about we just go wildly to both extremes
还不如我们直接走两个极端
and just let them balance each other out?
然后让它们自己找平衡
"Ted Mosby is really handsome, but extremely violent,
泰德·莫斯比英俊非凡 但是无比暴♥力♥
"And really rich,
非常富有
but lacks bladder control."
但膀胱不太好
Oh, damn. What?
靠 怎么了
That last bump just made me hit send.
刚才那一下 我按到发送键了
Oh, no. Don't worry.
糟了 别着急
I'm sure that everyone will get it's a joke.
我保证每个人都知道这只是个玩笑
No, they won't. They're going to think...
不会 他们会认为
Wait. "Everyone"?
等等 每一个人吗
"Really rich"?
非常富有
You ready for this?
你准备好了吗
For what?
准备什么
I don't know who lives here, but it's not my dad.
我虽然不知道谁住这 但肯定不是我爸
Wait. Wait.
等等
Please, stop.
拜托 等一下
Just... just give me a second, okay?
让我说几句话 行吗
I thought you said that he... Stop.
我还以为你会说 别说了
Come on.
拜托
I know Bob Barker's not really... you know.
我知道鲍勃·巴克根本不是 你懂的
I'm not crazy.
我没疯
I just...
只是
I needed that.
我需要这个谎言
I know it may sound stupid,
虽然这听起来可能很傻
but I didn't always feel so great about myself growing up,
在成长的过程中 我并不总是自我感觉良好
and so having a celebrity dad made me feel special.
所以有个名人老爸 能让我感觉与众不同
But you're right, James.
但你是对的 詹姆斯
It's time to let go of the fantasies.
是该跟这些幻想说再见了
It's time to grow up.
是该长大了
Come here.
过来
Can I help you?
有事吗
Yeah. Um...
是的
you're Sam Gibbs.
你是山姆·吉布斯吗
Yes.
是的
I'm James Stinson,
我是詹姆斯·斯丁森
and, uh, I think
我想
you may have known my mother, Loretta Stinson...
你可能认识我母亲 洛蕾塔·斯丁森
in the '70s.
七十年代的时候
Loretta!
洛蕾塔
Yeah.
认识
Yeah.
何止认识
Yeah, I-I... I knew Loretta.
是啊 我认识洛蕾塔
My mother meant to send you this.
我母亲本来想把这个寄给你的
You're my son.
你是我儿子
God, this must be so hard for Barney.
天 巴尼肯定很难过
Yeah, but you know what?
是的 但是你知道吗
He took a big step today...
他今天跨出了一大步
Papa!
爹啊
Uh-oh.
不是吧
Look at us!
看看我们仨
It's like three of the same guy.
三个人长的一模一样
Oh, my God, this explains
老天 这就能解释
why I was always so awesome at basketball.
我为什么篮球打得那么棒了
Guys, I'm black!
各位 我是个黑人
Sorry. African-American.
抱歉 非洲裔美国人
No. I'm allowed to say either.
不对 我两个都能说
I got to go get my camera!
我要去拿我的照相机
That is my younger brother, Barney.
这个是我弟弟 巴尼
He just thought he'd meet his real dad today,
他以为今天能见到他的亲生父亲
and clearly, he's not taking it so well.
显然 这个打击有点大
Oh, my head's kind of spinning, too.
我也有点兴奋
I mean, Loretta and I only saw each other
我和洛蕾塔只在一起了
for a couple of months.
几个月
You were two before I even knew you existed,
你两岁时我才知道有你
and at that point,
那时
your mother made it very clear
你母亲的态度很明确
she was going to raise you on her own.
她要独自抚养你长大
I felt I had to respect her wishes, but
我只好尊重她的意愿 但是
I always wanted to meet you.
我一直都想见到你
Wait.
等等
Barney and James are two years apart.
巴尼和詹姆斯差两岁
If Sam only knew Loretta for a few months,
山姆只跟洛蕾塔在一起几个月
he couldn't possibly be Barney's father.
他不可能是巴尼的父亲
He's also quite the detective.
他也很会推理
Don't worry. We'll, uh...
别担心 我们会
We'll snap Barney out of this when he gets back.
等巴尼回来 我们会让他重新振作起来
Or, uh, we could just
或者 我们可以
let him have this one.
让他拥有这个幻想
What? Are you kidding?
什么 你开玩笑呢吧
Guys, Barney's losing his childhood home,
各位 巴尼失去了他童年的家
he finally admitted Bob Barker's not his dad,
也终于承认鲍勃·巴克不是他爸
and then he watched James meet his real father.
现在他又目睹了詹姆斯找到亲生父亲
It's just a lot to go through in one afternoon.
这个下午他承受太多了
Can't we just let the guy be black for a day?
难道就不能让他当一天黑人吗
Here, Ted. Capture the moment!
给 泰德 为我们记录这经典一刻
I think you'd need Salvador Dali
其实你最需要的是萨尔瓦多·达利[超现实主义绘画大♥师♥]
to capture this particular moment,
帮你记录这经典时刻
but I'll give it a whirl.
不过我会尽力的
Man...
天啊
I thought I was a light-skinned Caucasian,
我本来以为自己是个白白♥嫩♥嫩的高加索人
but in truth, I'm a really light-skinned African-American.
事实上 我是个白白♥嫩♥嫩的非洲裔
Man,
嘿呦 伙计
try to hail a cab in Manhattan.
想在曼哈顿打辆车
Am I right?
我说对了吧
Nope, no one's stopping for this.
不 这张脸可拦不到车
These guys don't understand what I'm talking about.
他们不懂我在说什么
During that afternoon, Sam and James began to discover
那天下午 山姆和詹姆斯一直试着寻找
how much they had in common.
他们之间的共通点
**When the night has come*
*当夜晚来临
**Oh, and the land is dark*
*大地一片黑暗
Come on. You know this. Come on.
一起来 你会唱这首歌♥的
剧集 | 老爸老妈的浪漫史(2005) | 导航列表