That's my wife Cheryl
这是我老婆谢丽尔
my daughter Carly-- she's in college.
这是我女儿卡莉 她现在念大学
This is my son J.J.
这是我儿子J.J
I was hoping you could come over to dinner sometime
我希望你可以过来吃顿饭
and meet them.
见见他们
You're all wearing matching sweaters.
你们穿着亲子装
That's cute.
真不错
Look, I got to get going, Jerry.
我要走了 杰里
But, uh, this was great.
这很棒
Glad we did this.
很高兴我们终于见面了
I made him wait all these years for me and...
我让他等我等了这么多年
I'm just not the guy he wanted me to be.
但我却不是他想像中的那个人
I know I don't deserve it, but...
我知道我不配 但是
I need another chance to connect with my son.
我需要机会跟我的儿子联络感情
We think you should give him another chance.
我们一致认为你应该再给他一次机会
That's the real reason we're out here.
这才是来这的真正目的
He lives ten minutes away.
他住的地方离这就10分的路程
What?
什么
You're having dinner with him tonight.
你今晚要去和他一起吃饭
No, I most certainly am not.
我很确定我是不会去的
Look, I met him.
我们见过面了
He's not my kind of bro and that's that.
我们大相径庭 于是分道扬镳
Are you sure it's not more than that?
你确定你的判断没有别的了吗
Guys, get it through your heads.
同志们 接受现实吧
I am never gonna talk to my dad again.
我永远不会再和我爸说话了
No, Barney.
不 巴尼
I'm never gonna talk to my dad again.
我才是永远不会和我爸说话了
But your dad is alive
但你的爸爸还活着
and he lives just down the road.
他就住在街尾
Fine, I'll go.
好吧 我去
Awesome.
这就对了
Um, Lily, keys.
莉莉 把钥匙拿来
I'm literally 11 inches from you.
我就离你11英尺而已
And so Barney agreed to give his dad one more chance.
于是巴尼同意再给他爸爸一次机会
Hello. You must be Barney.
你好 你一定是巴尼吧
I'm Cheryl.
我是谢丽尔
It's just so nice to finally meet you.
很高兴我们终于见面了
I love that suit.
我喜欢你这身西装
Oh, thank you very much.
谢谢
And I love your...
我喜欢你的
...coat.
外套
I love your coat.
我喜欢你的外套
Oh, that's your coat, Barney.
那是你的外套 巴尼
I just took it from you.
我刚从你那儿拿来的
Well, I do love it.
好吧 我的确很喜欢这外套
It's doing a nice job covering up that chair.
它在尽职地盖住那把椅子
Guess now we wait.
我们现在等着就好了
Hey, I got an idea how to pass the time.
我有个打发时间的办法
A little trivia game.
来点休闲小游戏
Robin, reindeer: real or fake?
罗宾 驯鹿是真的还是假的
Okay, I'm not an idiot.
好了 我又不傻
Reindeer are obviously f... re... fake?
驯鹿显然是 真 假的
Yikes!
我就知道
I'm surrounded by a bunch of dum-dums.
我整天被一群傻帽围绕着
Good thing I don't have any gaps in my knowledge.
还好我在任何方面上都不是小白
I am perfect.
我真是太完美无瑕了
Oh, for the love of God, guys, enough already.
看在上帝的份上 同志们 够了
What, baby?
怎么了 小宝贝
You've been treating me with kid gloves
自从我爸爸去世以后
ever since my dad died.
你们就一直小心翼翼的呵护着我
That's not true.
才不是这样
Robin, don't disagree with Marshall. I'm sorry.
罗宾 别和马修唱反调 我错了
I first noticed it at the bar.
我是在酒吧那第一次注意到的
Hey, Lily,
喂 莉莉
can you get me a mojito?
你能不能帮我拿杯莫霍少司[鸡尾酒]
Normally, you would've given me crap
正常情况下 你会在接下来的一小时里
for an hour about a voice crack that pubescently girl-like,
对我突然发出像青春期少女的破音进行批斗
but nothing.
但却三缄其口
So then I started to test you guys.
然后我就开始试探你们
The Phantom Menace is by far the best Star Wars movie.
《魅影危机》是星球大战系列里最好的一部了
It ages well, that's the thing.
现在看还不觉得过时 是这样的
You guys like my new soul patch?
你们喜欢我的小胡子吗
Righteous hair tab, brotha.
简直是正义的毛发标签呀 兄弟
And once I figured it out,
等我明白过来的时候
I started doing crazy stuff
我就开始做些疯狂的事情
to see how far you'd let me go.
来看看你们能容忍♥到什么地步
Hey, guys.
嗨 伙计们
This is Rex.
这是瑞克斯
He's a possum.
它是只负鼠
I found him in the trash.
我在垃圾箱里找到它的
He lives with us now.
它现在跟咱们一起住
I love him.
我很喜欢他
Lily, we are living with a possum.
莉莉 我们现在和一只负鼠住在一起
Rex is violent and he hates us.
瑞克斯是暴♥力♥狂 而且他讨厌咱们
But, baby, you just lost your dad.
但是亲爱的 你刚刚失去了父亲
None of us wants to upset you.
我们谁都不想让你难过
Please.
拜托
If you guys really want me
要是你们真想让我
to get over the worst tragedy of my life,
从我人生最大的悲剧里爬出来
I'm begging you, tear me a new one.
求你们了 尽情折磨我让我得到重生吧
But not like Rex tried to in my sleep last night.
但别学瑞克斯昨晚趁我睡觉的时候那样
J.J., dinner.
J.J 来吃晚餐了
When I got your letter, I dug this up.
我收到你信的时候 我把这个翻出来了
You were probably too young to remember,
你可能当时太小 不一定记得了
but this is you, this is me, and, of course, ZZ Top.
这是你 这是我 还有ZZ Top[蓝调摇滚乐队]
I do remember that.
我还真记得这个
I climbed up on that dude's lap
我爬到那个家伙的膝盖上
and told him what I wanted for Christmas.
告诉他我想要什么圣诞礼物
Yeah, I used to love taking you backstage.
我以前最喜欢带你去后台了
You were the coolest little kid.
你可是当时最酷的小孩
Hi, Barney. It's great to finally meet you.
你好 巴尼 很高兴我们终于见面了
J.J., I'm talking to Dad right now. God.
J.J 我跟爸爸说话呢 天啊
Seriously,
说真的
it's time.
是时候了
What are my gaps?
我小白在哪里
Well, I guess maybe one gap you have is...
呃 或许你在某个方面是有点小白
you can't wink.
你不会眨眼
Don't you think that maybe we should go home
你不觉得我们现在应该回家
and, uh, "do the laundry"?
好好"洗洗衣服"吗
You can't swallow pills.
你吞不下药片
Ooh, ooh, I got one.
还有 我想起一个
You think John Kennedy and Jack Kennedy are the same person.
你认为约翰·肯尼迪和杰克·肯尼迪是同一个人
Right?
对吧
What?
怎么了
So, Barney, I understand
巴尼 据我得知
you have a pretty big job with a bank.
你在银行担任要职
Yeah, I do.
的确
I make a ton of money.
哥日进斗金
How much do you make, J.J.?
弟 你呢
I'm 11.
我才11岁
Oh, well, huh, now we all know you make excuses.
好吧 现在我们都知道你没学会挣钱
I was talking about money.
倒学会找借口了
Actually, J.J. has a job.
其实J.J有份工作
Tell him, J.J.
告诉他吧
I got a paper route.
我帮人送报
Good time to get into print media.
现在正是进入印刷媒体的好时机
Am I right, Dad?
我说得对吧 爸爸
Good slam, Barney.
好一记当头棒喝 巴尼
Jerry.
杰里
It's all good fun.
这样多好玩呀
剧集 | 老爸老妈的浪漫史(2005) | 导航列表