Sorry, I'm gonna be a while.
抱歉 我还得要一阵
Excuse me, do you know where there's another...
打扰 你知道还有别的...
Ah, thank you. Thank you.
谢谢 谢谢
Stop!
住手
Oh, my god.
天呐
Sadie.
桑迪
Call 911!
打911
Call 911!
打911
Now, Rick, be charming but not too charming.
里克 要有魅力 但别太过分了
That's like asking superman not to be too super.
这就像让超人别那么"超"
What's wrong with being too charming?
有魅力怎么了
Nothing, except when you are testifying in a murder trial.
没什么不好 只是为凶杀案作证时就不合适了
Look, being charming tells the jury that you're confident,
有魅力的人让陪审团觉得自信
But being too charming tells
但如果做过头
them that you're trying to be manipulative.
他们会觉得你想操控他们
Oh, I see. This is why you never had me testify
我懂了 这就是你从不让我为我们的
in any of our cases.
案子作证的原因
You're jealous of my charm.
你是嫉妒我的魅力
I'm serious, okay? Don't get cocky.
我是说真的 别自大
This is the first time you'll be testifying in court,
这是你第一次出庭作证
and it can get nerve-racking.
作证有时很让人紧张
I'll be fine, especially since word on the street
我会没事的 尤其据传
is the defense lawyer is a total hack.
辩护律师根本没本事
Oh, yeah? Who is it?
是吗 是谁
Stan Novak.
斯坦·诺瓦克
"Short attention span" Stan?
"精神集中不过三秒"斯坦吗
That guy gets lost in his own cross examinations.
那人自己做盘问时都会找不到北
Yeah. You will be fine.
嗯 那你会没事的
Too bad you won't be there to see me in action.
可惜你是没法看我作证了
No, but I will. Is that wise?
我会去的 那样好吗
I mean, publicly, aren't we still supposed to be separated?
我们明面上还是分手状态啊
This is the Sadie Beakman murder trial we're talking about.
这可是桑迪·比克曼的凶案审判
Her reporting from Iraq
她的伊♥拉♥克♥报导
shaped the way many Americans saw the war.
成就了很多美国人对伊战的看法
Plus it gave her the profile to launch her own news website.
而且这还让她得以创办自己的网站
And as captain of the precinct that closed her murder case,
作为为她的凶杀案结案的分局警监
it would be odd if I didn't show.
如果我不去才奇怪呢
Then we should come up with a secret signal.
那我们就该想个秘密信♥号♥♥
A little thing just between the two of us that says,
我们的暗号♥ 来表明
"I love you."
"我爱你"
Oh, you know, I think that would be a little...
我觉得那就有点...
Do you need a tissue? No,
你需要纸巾吗 不是
this is my... that's the secret "I love you" signal.
这是我的秘密"我爱你"手势
Do you like it? Rubbing your nose?
喜欢吗 摸鼻子吗
Yeah. Yeah, that's really romantic.
嗯 是啊 真浪漫
Anyway, I got to go.
总之 我得走了
I'm meeting Vikram. I'll see you at the court.
我要去见维克拉姆 回头庭上见
Yes, I love you, too.
我也爱你
Where are we on surveilling Caleb Brown
监视卡莱布·布朗
and connecting him to LokSat?
将他与洛克塞特联♥系♥起来进展如何
Exactly where we were last week
跟上周
and the week before that and the week before that.
上上周 上上上周的情况一样
So nowhere?
就是毫无进展吗
Our target at the public defender's office
我们公设辩护人办公室的那位目标
is like a super villain... no weaknesses.
就像个超级反派 没有弱点
Oh, come on. That's not possible.
得了 那是不可能的
Sure about that? 'cause Cee Cee and I have tried every pos--
是吗 因为我和茜茜已经试过了
Wait, what? Who's Cee Cee? No one.
等等 什么 茜茜是谁 没谁
Did you give your computer a girl's name?
你是给你的电脑起了个女生名字吗
You don't know my life.
你不了解我的生活
I've never been happier about that until this moment.
此前我从未为此感到如此庆幸呢
Look, I am tired of lying to everyone.
我受够了跟大家撒谎
I want my life back,
我想要回我的生活
and given your new relationship with your computer,
鉴于你都跟你的电脑发展恋情了
it's time you get yours back, too.
你也需要回归自己的生活了
So let's figure this out. What is Caleb Brown's weakness?
我们赶紧想出卡莱布·布朗的弱点吧
This is gonna be the easiest case I have ever tried.
这将是我参与过的最简单的案子
How can you be so sure?
你为什么如此肯定
The defendant has a history of arrest
被告有一堆逮捕记录
for robbing high-end houses while working as a cater waiter.
全是因为扮成酒席承包人抢劫高端住♥宅♥
Sadie Beakman caught her in the act
桑迪·比克曼抓了她个现行
and the defendant killed her in order to get away.
被告为逃跑而杀了她
Isn't that all circumstantial?
这不都是只有旁证推测吗
Yes, which is why it's a good thing I have you...
是的 所以幸好我有你
an eyewitness.
一名目击证人
The defendant really should've taken that plea deal I offered.
被告真的该接受我提出的认罪协议的
Yeah. Why didn't she?
是啊 她为什么没接受
What do you think their defense is gonna be?
你觉得他们会如何抗辩
Don't concern yourself with that.
别去想那个
No matter how he tries to spin the facts,
不管他要如何扭曲事实
you stick with what you saw.
你要坚持陈述自己所看到的
Nina O'Keefe killed Sadie Beakman.
妮娜·奥基弗杀了桑迪·比克曼
The victim's family.
这是被害人的家庭
Oh, yes, I remember.
是啊 我记得
Nice to see you again.
很高兴再见到你们
Sorry it's under such terrible circumstances.
很抱歉是因为这样的事
Yeah. Us, too.
是啊 我们也是
So, how are you holding up?
你们还好吗
Some good days, more bad.
有时还好 但更多时候不好
We can't seem to get over it.
我们似乎无法翻篇
You know, my wife spent two years embedded
我妻子在伊♥拉♥克♥跟部队
with troops in Iraq and not a scratch.
潜伏了两年都毫发无伤
And then a party in Manhattan. Doesn't make sense.
却死在曼哈顿一个派对上 真是没道理
Well, we're gonna get her justice.
我们会为她主持正义的
Marcus. Hey. Glad you could make it, captain.
马库斯 你来了太好了 警监
So, um, what is this I hear about you asking Lanie out?
我怎么听说你约会蕾妮了
No, no, no, no. You got that wrong.
不不 你误会了
Lanie asked me.
是蕾妮约的我
Really? That's what I...
真的吗 我...
Nina.
妮娜
My name is Caleb Brown from the public defender's office.
我是卡莱布·布朗 是公设辩护人办公室的
I'll be representing you today.
我今天将代理你
What is Caleb Brown doing here?
卡莱布·布朗怎么来了
That's a good question.
问得好
All rise! This court is now in session.
全体起立 庭审开始
The honorable judge Gloria Wollcott presiding.
有请尊敬的法官葛洛丽亚·沃考特
Be seated.
请坐
Well, well, well, Mr. Caleb Brown.
哎呀 卡莱布·布朗先生
As lovely as it is to see you in my courtroom, where's Mr. Novak?
虽然很高兴在我的庭上见到你 但诺瓦克先生呢
Your honor,
法官大人
Mr. Novak's wife went into premature labor last night.
诺瓦克先生的妻子昨晚早产了
Oh, no.
天呐
The baby's fine, as is the mother,
母婴平安
but obviously Mr. Novak is unavailable,
但诺瓦克先生显然不能来了
so the public defender's office asked me to take over.
所以公设辩护人办公室叫我来接手
And you're up to speed on the case? Yes, your honor.
你已经了解案情了吗 是的 法官大人
Plus I did a little work on my own this morning.
另外 我今早还格外下了一番功夫
Any objections, Mr. Weller? None, your honor.
有任何反对吗 维勒先生 没有 法官大人
Then let's proceed, shall we? Bailiff, bring in the jury.
那么继续吧 法警 请陪审团
The people call Roger Masters, your honor.
公诉人传罗杰·马特斯 法官大人
Sadie was kind, thoughtful. She was generous.
桑迪善良 周到 慷慨
I would know. We were friends for over 20 years.
我很清楚 我们是20多年的朋友
I was her cameraman back when she was still
她创办自己网站之前
a news correspondent before she started her website.
还做通讯记者时 我是她的摄影师
Thank you, Mr. Masters. No further questions.
谢谢你 马特斯先生 没有其他问题了
So, the murder took place at your townhouse, is that correct?
凶案是发生在你的联体别♥墅♥ 是吗
I'm afraid so.
是的
My wife and I hosted the cocktail party
我和妻子主持了一场鸡尾酒派对
where your client killed Sadie.
你的委托人在派对上杀了桑迪
Did you see my client kill her?
你看到我的委托人杀人了吗
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表