O lord...
主啊
Am I on the right path?
我走的可是正途
If so, please...
如果是 请你
give me a sign.
给我个启示吧
Nothing worse than bad coffee.
烂咖啡最糟糕了
Martha? Is everything okay?
玛莎 没什么事吧
You tell me, kiddo.
你告诉我啊 丫头
Last time we were together, you and Richard were,
我们上次在一起时 你和理查德还
Uh, "Ha ha," you know?
缠缠绵绵呢
And now, just a few short weeks later,
而只过了几周
you and Richard are, uh "Pfft," you know?
你和理查德就...
It's complicated.
很复杂
So were his last two divorces.
他上两次离婚也都如此
Oh, god. Martha, we're not getting a divorce.
天呐 玛莎 我们不会离婚的
Well, call me old-fashioned,
算我老派
but don't married couples live together?
但已婚夫妇不是都住一起的吗
Yes, but I-it's complicated,
是啊 但情况复杂
and... and I'm working through a few things.
我有些事要处理
Richard told me that...
理查德告诉我了
Right before he declared he was going to win you back.
然后就宣布说要把你赢回来
Look, as you know, my son is a lot of things...
你也知道 我儿子有很多特点
Some of them good, some of them not so good.
有优点 有缺点
But he is someone you can always count on.
但你总能指望他
And that is a rare thing, kiddo.
这可不常有 丫头
Beckett.
贝克特
Uh, yeah.
嗯
All right. I'll have detectives respond.
好的 我让警探马上出警
Uh, Martha, I'm sorry. Uh, there's a murder, and...
玛莎 对不起 有案子
Katherine, darling...
凯瑟琳 亲爱的
Look, be honest with yourself
坦诚对自己
and be honest with your husband.
也坦诚对你丈夫
Man, I thought the second kid would be cheaper.
我以为第二胎能少花钱呢
But Jenny... she wants all new stuff.
但珍妮什么都想买♥♥新的
You should see the baby stroller that she picked out.
你真该看看她选的婴儿车
Seriously, I might have to get a second full-time job.
真的 我可能得再找份全职工作了
Or you can make more money from your first job.
或者你在第一份工作上多挣点
What, like overtime?
怎么 加班吗
No... promotion.
不 升职
Sergeant's exam is in a week. Let's take it.
警长考试一周后举♥行♥ 我们去考吧
A week?! When are we gonna have time to study?
一周 我们哪来的时间学习啊
How hard can it be?
能多难
Sergeant Wilkie passed,
威尔基警长就通过了
and he's, like, a chromosome away from a Neanderthal.
他简直差一条染色体就是尼安德特人了
Maybe you're right.
或许你是对的
Okay, I'll call 1pp, sign us both up.
好吧 我打去总部 给咱俩报名
Good morning.
早上好
Allow me the pleasure of introducing you
容我有幸向二位介绍
to Dave Johnson, 52, single GSW to the sternum.
大卫·约翰逊 52岁 胸部中一枪
Killer popped him while he was praying.
凶手趁他祈祷时打死了他
What? Did you guys rehearse that?
你俩排练过吗
Former altar boys.
都做过祭坛助手
Yeah. Probably an involuntary reflex or something.
嗯 大概是下意识反应什么的
Wound suggests he was shot
从伤口看
8:00 and 11:00 p.m. last night.
他是昨晚8到11点间中的枪
Kind of late for a church to be open to the public, isn't it?
那么晚教堂还对外开放吗
It wasn't... the sisters of the Parish said
没开放 教区人说
the place was locked at 6:00,
教堂6点就已锁门了
but discovered this morning
但今早发现
that the front door had been jimmied.
前门被人撬开了
So, what... Dave and the killer broke in together?
怎么 大卫是和凶手一起闯进来的吗
Doubt it... evidence shows
不太像 证据显示
that the killer snuck in and shot Dave from behind
凶手是偷偷溜进来 躲在一扇祈祷用的
what was a decorative stained-glass window for prayer.
装饰性彩窗后面 枪击了大卫 击碎了玻璃
Really?!
不是吧
What is going on here?
怎么回事
Father, did you know Dave Johnson?
神父 你认识大卫·约翰逊
Oh, yes. He was a faithful Parishioner.
是啊 他是个忠诚的教区居民
Do you have any idea
您是否知道
what Dave was doing at the church last night?
大卫昨晚为什么会来教堂
Not a clue.
不知道
Perhaps his wife knows.
或许他妻子知道
Have you spoken to Wendy?
你们跟温迪谈过了吗
No. We haven't notified her yet.
不 我们还没通知家属呢
But what can you tell us about Dave?
你能跟我们说说大卫吗
Did... did he have any enemies?
他有什么仇人吗
Oh, no.
没有
He was a good man, a loving husband,
他是个好人 忠诚的丈夫
and arguably one of the greatest...
可以说是最伟大的
Greatest what?
什么
Well, it's going to come out sooner or later.
这反正也要曝出来
Dave was one of the greatest novelists
大卫是近50年来
of the last 50 years.
最伟大的小说家
Dave Johnson?
大卫·约翰逊
Uh, I've never heard of him, father.
没听过啊 神父
That's because he wrote under a pseudonym.
那是因为他用了假名
Dad? Did you hear?
爸爸 你听说了吗
Dad?
爸爸
It's my pony! You can't pet it!
那是我的小马 你别摸
Your pony?
你的小马
What?
什么
What's up?
怎么了
P.J. Moffet's dead.
P·J·莫菲特死了
P.J. Moffet was one of my literary heroes.
P·J·莫菲特是我的文学英雄之一啊
Mine too.
也是我的
Remember, I wrote that paper about him in eighth grade.
我八年级还写过关于他的论文 记得吗
Every author dreams of writing the great American novel,
每位作家都梦想写下伟大的美国小说
but P.J. Moffet actually did it.
但P·J·莫菲特真做到了
On his first try, too... "The butcherbird's song."
而且是一举成名 《伯劳鸟之歌♥》
And in 25 years, he never wrote another word.
25年来 他再未写过东西
Just one book, then he disappeared from public life.
一本书 就从公众视野中消失了
According to twitter,
据推特上的消息
he was murdered at St. Mark's on 3rd.
他在3大街的圣马克教堂被杀
That's wonderful.
太好了
Dad, a little respect for the dead.
爸爸 对死者尊敬一点啊
Not wonderful that he was murdered...
不是他被杀好
Wonderful where he was murdered.
是他被杀地点太好了
St. Mark's...
圣马克教堂
That's in the jurisdiction of the 12th precinct,
那是12分局的辖区
and I am an expert on all things P.J. Moffet.
而我可是个P·J·莫菲特的专家
So you're still going with the "Win Beckett back
看来你还是要继续这个"跟贝克特一起破案
by working homicides with her" Plan?
进而赢回她"的计划
That's how I got her to fall for me the first time --
她一开始就是这么爱上我的
That and...when I kiss her, I use the bottom --
一起办案 还有...我吻她的时候 我用...
Dad, when it comes to your sex life, how about
爸 你提到性生活的时候
we stick with the "Afterschool special" version?
咱们能不能还是走剪辑版的路线
That's fair.
可以接受
Okay, so, what's going to be your way into the case this time?
很好 那你这次打算怎么介入这案子
Well, all I need is, uh...
我只需要...
A client.
一个客户
You guys, Lanie called.
喂 蕾妮打电♥话♥来了
No usable prints from the crime scene,
现场没发现有用的指纹
And no hits off ballistics.
也没留下弹道痕迹
"The butcherbird song" Is still a popular novel, right?
《伯劳鸟之歌♥》还是算很火的小说吧
I mean, it's 25 years old,
虽然已经25年了
but our victim should still be getting huge royalty checks.
但被害人应该依然有大笔版税入账
Yeah. It's required reading in most high schools.
对 大部分高中都把它列入必读书单了
Then why was he living in a one-bedroom apartment
那为什么过去五年来 他会住在单身公♥寓♥里
and working as a janitor for the past five years?
还做着门卫的工作呢
I'll call the publisher, have them confirm who he is.
我给出版商打电♥话♥问问 让他们确认下他的身份
No need.
不用了
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表