剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表
things as you, but I'd be lying.
但那只会是谎言
我或许不能…
I may not be able to…
展现出
offer the display of passion
你理应收获的热忱
that you truly deserve.
但我向你保证 说到行动与担当…
But I assure you
that when it comes to action and duty…
我绝不会退缩半步
I shall never be found lacking.
而我希望 这一点
And I hope that
足以胜过万千溢美之词
is what will speak louder
than any pretty words ever can.
小妹 你听到了吗?
他给不了你要的真爱
Did you hear that, Bon?
He cannot give you the love you deserve.
如此看来他是拙劣还是诚实?
Does that make him
a bad man or an honest one?
正如阿爸所说
It is the mark of a true gentleman,
这才是真正的君子
just as Appa used to say.
不是吗?
Yes?
美味
Delicious.
你应该尽快重返聚会
You should return to the party.
我马上就来
I shall be there in a moment.
看来子爵是把你惹恼了
Well, the viscount
certainly seems to have nettled you.
有时他是挺气人的
He can be exasperating.
他简直无可救药
He is incorrigible.
He is not for my sister.
他跟我妹妹不合适
无论如何 我一定要让她看清楚
I shall make sure
she sees of it too, one way or another.
莎尔玛小姐 听几句逆耳忠告如何?
Some advice, Miss Sharma?
失意之时
When one is frustrated,
照顾好自己的需求才是明智之举
it is often much wiser to focus
upon satisfying one's own needs.
如果试图通过影响他人 以矫正事态
Attempting to influence others
as to the correct course of action, well,
则往往吃力而不讨好
it is often a trying
and irritating endeavor
这么做使人恶相毕露
that only brings out the worst in us
到头来却发现 一切只是徒劳
before we discover
it has been fruitless all along.
我知道今晚自己出了丑
I am aware I've made a fool
of myself tonight, Lady Danbury.
不用您说我也知道
I do not need to hear it from you.
不用任何人说我也知道
In fact, I do not need
to hear it from anyone.
这里的人怎么看我 我根本不在乎
I do not care
what a single person here thinks of me.
埃德温娜一完婚 我就只身返回故乡
Once Edwina is married,
I shall return home alone,
乐得此生再不踏入伦敦一步
only too glad
to never set foot in this city again.
你可能还不懂 这倒也没关系
You may not yet know,
and that is all well and good.
你才26岁 却口口声声说
宁愿孤身一人
But I, for one,
find it not only terribly disheartening
不说别人 我自己听了
but also an offense against truth,
不光觉得无比痛心
to hear you say you wish to be alone
而且觉得这简直有悖天理
at a mere six and twenty?
或许您大可不必
我会做一名家庭教师
Perhaps you should not.
I will be a governess.
只要妹妹有人照料 我就心满意足了
I will be content knowing
my sister is taken care of.
心满意足?
Content?
女士 您自觉凄凉吗?
Are you so miserable, my lady?
你说什么?
I beg your pardon?
您不是也孤身一人吗?
Are you not alone yourself?
我注视您、观察您 您自得其乐
I watch you. I see you.
You are more than content.
那是因为我已经体验了人生
Because I have lived a life.
我现在是寡妇
I am a widow.
但我爱过、失去过
I have loved. I have lost.
我有资格、有权利
I have earned the right
随心所欲 无论何时
to do whatever I please,
whenever I please,
无论怎样
and however I please to do it.
孩子
Child,
你不是我
you are not me.
如果你继续固执己见
And if you continue down this road,
你永远也成不了我
you most certainly never will be.
这座城市的阴暗之处
There are two things that lurk
潜藏着两样东西
within the dark
and shadowy places of our fair city.
害虫与秘密
Vermin and secrets.
亲爱的读者可以自行度断
哪一种危害更甚
I shall leave it to you, dear reader,
as to which do the most harm.
人们一定十分好奇
本季钻石淑女的心中
One has to wonder
what secrets the season's diamond
藏着怎样的秘密
is holding near and dear to her heart.
而她又会与谁分享这些秘密呢?
And who shall she choose
to share them with?
也许是布里杰顿子爵?
The Viscount Bridgerton, perhaps?
至少莎尔玛大小姐对于此事的态度
At least the elder Sharma's opinion
已经人尽皆知了
on such a matter
is certainly no secret at all.
(维斯道恩女士的社交八卦小报)
如果你还在介怀维斯道恩女士的文风
If you are truly that vexed by the manner
in which Lady Whistledown writes still,
也许还是不看为好?
perhaps you might stop reading?
-她终于露出马脚了
-什么?小埃…
-She's finally revealed herself.
-What? El--
我本来不想告诉你的
I was not going to tell you this because--
因为难为情 而且我以为我搞错了
但是
Well, I was embarrassed,
and I thought I was wrong, but,
昨天我去了这家印刷店
I paid this printer's shop
a visit yesterday.
你去了?
You did?
你跟谁搭话了吗?
Did you speak with anyone?
这些都不重要 小佩 你看
It does not matter. Pen, look.
不光是纸料相同
Not only are these paper stocks identical,
连“K”字母都一样
but the letter K's, they are slightly
misshapen in the exact same way.
都略有变形 而且是同样的地方
这不可能又是巧合
Surely it is not likely
to be another coincidence.
那我们必须留心点
Well, we must keep an eye out.
如果下期出现同样的纰漏
If the same mistake
is in Whistledown's next issue,
便能确定 她就是在那间铺子
印刷小报
then we will know
the print shop is indeed hers.
斯坦霍普的印刷社要一个新的“K”字
A new letter "K" for a Stanhope press.
-十个便士
-我出五个
-That will be ten pence.
-I'll give you five.
老顾客才能拿到这个价钱
Five's a special rate
for repeat customers.
相信我 老兄 我要是再来
会把你烦死
Trust me, friend, I'd exasperate you
coming back any more than once.
赶紧给个便宜价 我不来烦你
Now give me the discount to keep me away,
and we'll both be happier.
双方都满意
佩内洛普小姐?
Miss Penelope?
平心而论 笔者很可能
To be fair, one might call this author
才是最爱分享秘密的人
the biggest secret-sharer of all.
不然还有谁能让诸位
以真面目示人呢?
For who else could possibly
keep all of you honest?
都在这儿了 陛下
Here you are, Your Majesty.
你确定
And you are certain
最近跟钻石淑女搭话的
就是这些小姐?
these are the young ladies our diamond
has been conversing with of late?
是的 陛下
Yes, Your Majesty.
如果我们推断无误
If our theory is correct,
那么维斯道恩女士一定
就藏在这些小姐当中
then Lady Whistledown
will indeed be in this very collection.
即便是保守得最严的秘密
When even the most well-kept of secrets
终究还是要见光的
must eventually come to light.
(佩内洛普费瑟灵顿小姐)
剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表