剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表
-我们要走了
-求您了
-We must be going.
-Please.
母亲 我们回家见吧
Mother, I shall meet you at the house.
您应该知道 埃德温娜是无辜的
她对此事一无所知
You must know. Edwina is innocent
in all of this. She had no idea.
来英国寻找如意郎君
我只希望她能得到幸福
Coming to England, finding her a match.
I only wished the best for her.
-您不能生她的气
-我没有
-You cannot be angry at her.
-I am not.
很明显 她和我一样
并不知晓你们的阴谋
It is clear she was as much in the dark
as I was about your schemes.
-不是什么阴谋
-看来不会有嫁妆了吧
-They were not schemes.
-I take it there'll be no dowry.
毕竟谢菲尔德夫妇撤回他们的支持了
Now that the Sheffields
have withdrawn their support.
您真在乎嫁妆吗?
You care about a dowry?
因为是您的所作所为
才让谢菲尔德夫妇撤回支持的
It is because of what you just did
that the Sheffields withdrew it.
确实很令人遗憾
It is regrettable, to be sure.
但是很明显
我和埃德温娜小姐都被误导了
But clearly, both Miss Edwina
and I have been misled,
最好还是取消这桩注定失败的婚事吧
and it is best to call off
this doomed engagement
以免引起更多的冲突
before it is the cause of any more strife.
当然 我绝不会玷污她的名誉
Of course, I'd never
besmirch her reputation.
我母亲和丹伯里女士会制定计划…
My mother and Lady Danbury
will make a plan--
不用什么计划 我不明白
There shall be no plan.
I do not understand.
您为什么要这么做?
Why are you suggesting this?
自始至终 您都执意要娶我妹妹
All along, you have been set
on marrying my sister,
丝毫不顾我的反对
despite my every objection, might I add,
现在您又想抛弃她
and now you intend to cast her aside.
为什么?
Why?
别跟我提嫁妆 先生
And do not talk to me of dowries, sir,
因为我们都知道 您并不需要嫁妆
for we both know you have no need of it.
所以告诉我 她做什么了?
So, tell me, what has she done?
她什么都没做 是你的原因
是你让这桩婚事无法继续了
She has done nothing. It is you.
You have made this match impossible.
-但我要去印度了
-印度也不够远!
-But I am leaving for India.
-And it is not far enough!
你觉得世上可有这样一个地方
Do you think that there is
a corner of this Earth
能让你离我足够远
that you could travel to far away enough
让我摆脱这份折磨?
to free me from this torment?
我是一位绅士
I am a gentleman.
我父亲教育我 行事要谨记名誉
但这份名誉已悬于一线
My father raised me to act with honor,
but that honor is hanging by a thread
而且我在你面前的每一刻
that grows more precarious
with every moment
都在变得越发不稳定
I spend in your presence.
你是我生命中的祸根…
You are the bane of my existence.
也是我所有欲望的目标
And the object of all my desires.
日日夜夜 我都会梦到你
Night and day, I dream of you.
而我…
And what I…
你知道一位女士可以被怎样吸引吗?
Do you even know all the ways
a lady can be seduced?
我可以教你的东西
The things I could teach you.
这不是我想要的
I did not ask for this.
被这些感情所折磨
To be plagued by these feelings.
躲着我妹妹
Hiding from my sister.
每次您走进房♥间 都会变得心烦意乱
Being driven to distraction
every time you enter the room.
看来你也同意
Then you agree.
这是无法忍♥受的
It is insupportable.
根本不可能
Impossible.
如果我迎娶你妹妹
我们就永远被绑定在一起了
If I wed your sister, it will bind me
and you together for eternity,
我婚后的每一天
and I will spend every day of my marriage
都会想你 都会梦到你
wanting you,
dreaming of you,
担忧我的名誉最终分崩离析的那一天
dreading the day when my last thread
of honor finally snaps.
你想让我们的未来变成这样吗?
Is that the future that you want for us?
你想让你妹妹这样吗?
For your sister?
我必须走了
I must go.
我们必须像雕像一样坐着吗?
Must we sit around like statues?
我想去参加舞会 炫耀我的新未婚夫
I wish to be at a ball,
showing off my new fiancé.
瓦里?
Varley?
你确定我们没有收到
Are you certain we've not received
任何晚宴邀请吗 你会不会漏掉了?
any invitations you may have
overlooked for the evening?
没有 夫人 什么都没有
No, ma'am. There's been nothing.
也许因为普鲁登斯订婚的缘故
上流社会又对我们避而远之了
Perhaps the circumstances of Prudence's
engagement has us on the outs yet again.
所以这是我的错吗?
So this is my fault?
我没这么说
I did not say that.
又不是你安排
在橘园跟杰克表哥见面的 对吧?
It's not as if you arranged to meet
Cousin Jack in that orangery, did you?
我们应该庆幸自己每人都还有
厨师和贴身女仆 对吧 妈妈?
We should merely be happy we still have
a cook and a lady's maid each, yes, Mama?
从乡下回来后 就没收到过邀请
Not a single invitation
since arriving back from the country.
我会去提醒邮递员的
I shall alert the postal clerk.
我不是开玩笑
This is no joke.
我们注定要成为显赫的家庭的
We are meant to be a distinguished family.
但是多年来 我受尽了
上流社会的蔑视和侮辱
But for years, I have suffered
the indignities of the ton's disdain,
总有各种原因
for one reason or another.
当他们觉得你是合适的求婚者时
还挺喜欢我们的
They liked us well enough
when they thought you a plum catch,
但现在你订婚了 我们又被抛弃了
but now that you are spoken for,
ah, we are outcasts again.
那就更有理由结束这场订婚骗局了
All the more reason to end
this sham of an engagement.
这不是选项之一
It is not an option.
考珀大人
Lord Cowper.
他跟你做什么生意?
What business did he have with you?
他想投资矿场 有好几个人
He wishes to invest in the mines.
Several of them do.
无聊的绅士们
手里有太多时间和金钱了
Bored gentlemen with too much time
and money on their hands.
-那就答应吧
-那些矿场毫无价值
-Take it.
-The mines are worthless.
根本找不到红宝石
There are no rubies to be found.
他们怎么知道区别呢?
他们会去美洲吗?
How are they to know the difference?
Board a ship to the Americas?
你是认真的呀
You are serious.
我们的家族前途未卜 大人
The future of this family
hangs in the balance, my lord.
我这辈子从没如此认真过
I've never been more serious in my life.
让他们投资吧
把他们投资的钱都拿过来
Get them to invest.
Take every pound that they offer.
我们的财富就会恢复了
Our fortunes will be restored.
普鲁登斯可以办一场体面的婚礼
Prudence shall have a fine wedding,
我也不用再忍♥受上流社会的鄙视了
and I shall never have to suffer
the disdain of the ton again.
埃德温娜?
-Edwina?
自从子爵向我示爱以来
Ever since the viscount
has been courting me,
我就感觉到你没有完全坦诚
I have sensed
you were not being entirely truthful.
现在我知道我是对的了
And now I know I was right.
谢菲尔德夫妇和他们的财产之事
This business with the Sheffields
and their fortune,
你都不够信任我 没有跟我坦诚
you did not trust me enough
to tell me what was really going on.
我很抱歉 小妹
让你和母亲都蒙在鼓里
I am truly sorry, Bon, for keeping
both you and Mama in the dark.
剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表