剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表
科林布里杰顿写信
to Colin Bridgerton.
难怪手指上沾得全是墨水
Well, that would explain
the ink all over her fingers.
我说 佩内洛普啊
I declare, Penelope.
科林是我的朋友!
-Colin is my friend!
好像人家会在你身上浪费墨水似的
As if he would ever waste his ink
on someone like you.
-这些值钱吗?
-什么?
-Are these worth anything?
-What?
你的书 书也能值些钱 对吧?
Your books. Books can be
worth something, can they not?
我想不会 妈妈
I do not think so, Mama.
可惜了
Oh, pity.
你不该在写信这种无谓爱好上
You must stop wasting your precious time
继续浪费时间
on such pointless pursuits
as writing silly letters.
科林布里杰顿不是你的朋友
正如我不会成为下一个凯瑟琳大帝
Colin Bridgerton is no more your friend
than I am the next Catherine the Great.
行了 把手擦擦
不然别人还以为你是平民呢
Now, wipe your hands,
lest someone should think you a commoner.
夫人
Ma'am.
您的信
A letter for you.
你的茶凉了
Your tea grows cold.
我的马却跑得浑身火热
My horses do not.
你明早还打算骑马吗?
Did you plan
to ride again tomorrow morning?
我对家中的一切了如指掌
I know all that goes on in my home.
既然你一定要鬼鬼祟祟
And since you insist on sneaking around,
那我索性为你我都省些麻烦
I may as well save us both the trouble.
你外祖父母 谢菲尔德家的来信
Correspondence from your grandparents,
the Sheffields.
你们到达之前 我写信给他们
I wrote to them before you arrived.
丹伯里女士 他们不是我的外祖父母
Those people are not my grandparents,
Lady Danbury.
事实上 我与他们没有任何关系
I have no relation
to them whatsoever, in fact.
看来你对我并没有实言相告
It seems you have not been
straightforward with me.
我明白 我不该无人陪伴
擅自清早外出骑马
I realize I should not have gone out
for a morning ride without a chaperone.
那么你隐瞒了此次带妹妹
And what about failing to tell me
来伦敦的真正原因 这又怎么说?
why you have truly
come to London with your sister?
这件事倒更令我挂心
I'm rather more concerned about that.
我们来是为给埃德温娜找夫婿
We have come to find Edwina a husband.
仅此而已吗?
And is that all?
莎尔玛小姐 你最好考虑清楚
You would be wise to reconsider
不要继续编造 或者真假混杂
resorting to more forgeries
and half-truths, Miss Sharma.
没几个人胆敢跟我耍聪明
得逞的更是少之又少
Very few attempt to outwit me,
and even fewer succeed.
你们住在我家 受我照顾
You are living under my roof,
under my care,
仰仗着我的好名声、好关系
花着我的钱
relying on my good name,
my connections, my money.
我在王后陛下面前
为你们姐妹做了担♥保♥
I vouched for you and your sister
in front of Her Majesty the Queen,
这都是因为
all because
我以为我这是善待故交…
I thought I was paying
a kindness to an old friend--
我们也由衷地感激您
And we are truly grateful for everything.
你母亲肯定很想念你父亲
Your mama misses your father, naturally.
但她并不想回到这里 对吧?
想回来的人是你!
But she never really wanted
to come back here, did she?
You did!
我可不想被人利用
成为他人棋盘上的卒子
I have no interest in being used
as a pawn in someone else's game.
我们没有利用您
That is not what we are doing.
那就告诉我 关于埃德温娜的婚姻
Then tell me what stipulations
the Sheffields have apparently set down
谢菲尔德家开出了什么条件
with regard to Edwina's match.
我猜一旦满足了这些条件
Stipulations which,
if met, will, I am guessing,
你和你的家人也能得到大笔财富
guarantee great fortune
for you and your family.
埃德温娜必须嫁给英国贵族
Edwina must marry
an Englishman of nobility.
他们控制不了你母亲的婚姻
They could not control
your mama's marriage,
便想插手你妹妹的婚事
so they mean
to interfere with your sister's.
没错
Yes.
我父亲既没地位又没头衔
谢菲尔德家一直耿耿于怀
They never recovered
from my father's lack of rank and title.
但我向您保证 丹伯里女士
我此番前来并非为一己私欲
Though let me assure you, Lady Danbury,
I am not here for selfish reasons.
我父亲亡故后 母亲和我尽心竭力
After my father died,
Mama and I did the best we could
养育埃德温娜 不让她知晓家中困苦
to raise Edwina, all so she would
never know of our struggles.
然而家中积蓄所剩无几
仅剩的一点也用作此行路费
But our money ran low.
We used the last for this very journey.
谢菲尔德家同意赠予妹妹
一笔数目可观的嫁妆
The Sheffields have agreed
to bestow a sizable dowry on my sister,
并且照料我母亲
and to look after my mama.
但前提是埃德温娜必须嫁户好人家
But only if Edwina marries properly.
那你呢?
And what about you?
如果成婚可以救家人于水火
那我心甘情愿
If I could marry
for the sake of my family, I would.
但我不是妈妈的亲生女儿
埃德温娜才是
But I am not
my mama's daughter by birth. Edwina is.
Oh.
过去这八年
I've spent the last eight years
我教妹妹得体地走路
raising my sister
to walk in the right way,
得体地说话 弹一手好钢琴
to talk in the right way,
to play the pianoforte just so.
我加倍教她 她也比别人加倍努力
Teaching her twice as much and watching
her work twice as hard as anyone else.
我甚至教她学英国人的爱好
没事找事喝茶
I even taught her how to make this pitiful
excuse for tea the English so adore.
我讨厌英式茶饮
I despise English tea.
但如果这样能让妹妹免受贫困之苦
But if it means my sister
will not be left destitute,
我会心甘情愿地喝下每一口
then I will smile, and I will nod politely
过后还会面带微笑 礼貌点头
after each and every sip, to be sure.
你妹妹有权知晓
Your sister has a right to know.
如你所说 事关她的未来
As you said, it is her future.
正因如此 我了解她
所以才要保护她
That is precisely why I shield her.
Because I know her.
如果她知道我们的处境
If she was made aware
of the circumstances,
一定会草率结婚 好让我们安心
she would marry quickly only to please us.
只要有人开口 她一定会答应
She would say yes
to any man kind enough to ask.
埃德温娜理应拥有
无忧无虑寻找真爱的机会
Edwina deserves a chance
to find love without such a burden.
拜托您 千万不要告诉任何人
Please, you must not tell a soul.
Mmm.
经受重重压力 众人趋之若鹜
Formed under pressure, desired by many,
幸运儿却屈指可数
yet possessed only by a fortunate few,
世间再无任何如钻石般
there is nothing on earth quite so envied
受人艳羡之物了
as a diamond.
我们的王后陛下最终
Might our queen finally
能否泰然度断
extinguish the fevered speculation
将这份最高荣誉
and bestow the highest of honors
授予今晚的幸运之女呢?
to a most fortunate young lady tonight?
多少人将前途寄望于此
With so many futures at risk,
想必不只是笔者一人
I do suspect this author
is not the only one
正屏息以待
waiting with bated breath.
玛丽夫人 但愿城中生活
I do hope you are finding
everything in town to your satisfaction,
还合你心意
Lady Mary.
非常顺心 陛下
Indeed I am, Your Majesty.
这一次 但愿吧
This time around, that is.
剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表