剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表
Everyone is worried about Anthony
and Miss Edwina. They'll hardly miss me.
安东尼和埃德温娜小姐不会留意我的
有机会出现
并不意味着必须把握机会
Because an opportunity presents
itself does not mean you should take it.
肯定还有其他事情要做的
你去看孔雀了吗?
There are other things to do.
Have you seen the peacocks?
当我应该考虑自己的想法时
我都在考虑他的想法 真是令人烦恼
It is vexing to think only of his thoughts
when I should be thinking of my own.
我…
I…
-我不知道该说什么了
-什么都别说
-I do not know what to say.
-Say nothing.
我的要求仅此而已
That is all I ask.
我现在告诉你 是因为你是我的朋友
I am only telling you now
because you are my friend,
我不希望秘密影响我们的友谊
and I do not wish
for secrets to set us apart.
你喜欢吗?
-Do you like that one?
-Your Majesty, I--
陛下 我…
这是我在国王登基50周♥年♥庆♥典的首饰
I wore it
for His Majesty's golden jubilee.
给你
Here.
-我不能…
-你可以的
-Oh, I could not possibly--
-Yes, you could.
埃德温娜小姐
Miss Edwina.
我选择你当本季的钻石淑女
是有原因的
I chose you
as the season's diamond for a reason.
没错 你很美丽动人 但是
Yes, you possess great beauty, but
你当时让我印象深刻
you made an impression.
现在依旧如此 你依旧可以做到
You still do. And you still can.
即使经历了一整天的混乱
Even after all the confusion of the day.
尤其是你见到了
And after, most especially,
那些私下见到的事情
all that has been witnessed in private.
陛下 我所看到的
是国王和王后之间的爱意绵绵
All that I have witnessed, ma'am,
is the love a king shares with his queen,
仅此而已
and nothing more.
我肯定无法找到合适的词汇
来讨论这件事
I should certainly not find
the proper words to discuss it
即使有无穷无尽的时间让我寻找
even if given
a million lifetimes to do so.
Hmm.
王冠的挑战在于它是有形的
The challenge
of the Crown is that it is tangible.
明摆着提醒你 自己所处的位置
It is a physical reminder of the position.
这就是为什么维斯道恩女士
会四处传播八卦报纸
It is why, say, Lady Whistledown
circulates her pamphlets
而不是私下散布谣言
instead of trading in whispered rumor.
耳语只有在说出来的时候才有意义
A whisper is relevant
for only as long as it is spoken,
但报纸就更加意味深长了
but a paper represents more.
有形的物质形态使其影响深远
Its physical form grants permanence.
当然 真爱并非如此
The same cannot be said
of true love, of course.
真爱会改变 会遗忘
It changes. It forgets.
会使你回忆起自己曾经的样子
It forces you to remember
who you once were.
迫使你选择如何接受现实
And it forces you
to choose how you will live with it,
反复如此
again and again.
人们要如何做出那种选择呢?
How does one make that choice?
那是我也无法支配的
That, I cannot dictate.
我是你的王后
I am your queen,
但看来即使是我
也必须认识到在面对真爱时
but I suppose even I must recognize
the importance of each person deciding
每个人都应当自行决定如何应对
what to do in the face of true love.
每个人都应该自己做出选择
Everyone deserves to make that choice
就像每个人都应该感受到真爱的力量
just as everyone
deserves to feel its power.
但是必须要知道…
But one must know…
这是一生中最艰难和最伟大的选择
it is the hardest
and greatest choice one can ever make.
结婚是人类特有的行为
It is a distinctly human act to marry.
动物不需要婚约或嫁妆
Animals require no contracts or dowries.
母鸡和公鸡不需要婚礼誓言
The hen and the rooster make no vows.
你给我捎口信了?
You sent word for me?
我以为是您给我捎口信了
I thought you sent word for me.
我已经决定了
I have made my decision.
我觉得最好由我来告诉你们
I thought it best
you both hear it from me.
埃德温娜 我们应该私下谈谈
Edwina, we should speak in private.
我不能嫁给您了 布里杰顿大人
I cannot marry you, Lord Bridgerton.
您无法给予我 我想要的东西
You cannot provide me
with what it is that I want.
我应得的东西
What it is that I deserve.
所有人应得的东西
What everyone deserves.
我可能不知道真爱是什么样的
I may not know exactly
what true love feels like
但我知道真爱不是什么样的
but I certainly know what it is not.
真爱不是欺骗
It is not deception,
也不是眼神游离
or wandering eyes,
也不是一个需要履行的角色
or a role to be fulfilled.
我不能嫁给您 因为我不能背叛自己
I cannot marry you
because I cannot betray myself.
您看我的眼神 永远不可能变成
You will never meet my eyes
in the same manner
今天在圣坛上看我姐姐那样
您永远不可能…
that you met my sister's
on that altar today. You will never…
您永远不会用那种眼神看我
You will never look at me the same way.
你说自己终其一生
都在努力弥补我的缺失
You say you have spent your life
trying to give me everything I lacked,
但是你给我的
其实只是你自己想要的
but really, you simply gave me
everything you really wanted for yourself,
就好像我的生命不属于我
as though my life were not my own.
那些都不是我要求的 凯特
I did not ask for any of it, Kate.
所以今天
So, today,
我可以确定
我抛弃的东西不是我的损失
I can be sure that
what I leave behind is not my loss.
而是你的损失
It is yours.
你的梦想 你的计划 你的感受
终究非我所有
Your dream, your plan,
your feelings that I had merely borrowed.
今天
Today,
你已不再能影响我了
you have lost your power,
我也已经下定决心
while I have made up my own mind.
对我来说 这已经是胜利了
And that is victory enough for me.
任由人们把结婚复杂化吧
Leave it to people to complicate matters
准备仪式 安排蛋糕
with their ceremonies and their cakes.
竟然还有人结婚 很不可思议吧?
Is it not a wonder
that anyone marries at all?
埃德温娜小姐找不到
比子爵更好的人了
It is not as if Miss Edwina
could do any better than the viscount.
也许这正是她改变主意的原因
Perhaps it is for that very reason
she changed her mind.
她知道自己配不上他
She knows she is not worthy of him.
或许我们得重新评判子爵
Or perhaps we might judge
the viscount anew.
也许埃德温娜小姐发现了
一些我们其他人也想知道的事情
Perhaps Miss Edwina discovered something
the rest of us might wish to know of too.
-夫人
-公爵夫人
-Oh, Your Grace.
-Duchess.
-我们回家吗 妈妈?
-我想是的
-Shall we make our way home, Mama?
-I believe we shall.
确实 有些人会说
婚礼是真爱的终极体现
Indeed, some may call
a wedding the ultimate act of faith.
也有人♥大♥胆表示
While others would venture
婚礼是愚蠢的终极体现
that it is the ultimate act of fools.
你大老远跑来问我事情 那就问吧
You've come quite a long way
to ask me something, so go on.
我有一些想法
I have thoughts.
对你们世界里的某些人来说
有想法可能确实是问题 我能理解
I can see how that might
pose a problem for someone in your world.
我是想跟你…分享一些想法
Thoughts I would like to share…
with you.
那你还不打算说吗?
剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表