剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表
I never would have entertained the thought
颁给埃德温娜小姐 并精心安排婚礼
of making Miss Edwina my diamond,
let alone arranging this elaborate affair,
全都是因为你
if it was not for you.
你跟她们一样罪大恶极
This is as much
your blunder as anyone else's.
你不要忘记这一点
You must not forget that.
是的 我不会忘记的
Indeed, I will not.
也许我可以去找埃德温娜小姐
Perhaps I may go and find Miss Edwina.
也许我能做些什么
Perhaps there is something I can do.
布里姆斯利
Brimsley.
陪同客人们去花♥园♥
不要让任何人离开
Escort the guests to the gardens
and do not allow anyone to leave.
婚礼很快就会继续举♥行♥
我们的计划也要继续下去
The nuptials shall resume shortly,
and we shall proceed with our plans.
缺一不可
All of them.
我听说埃德温娜小姐自从订婚后
就没吃过东西
I heard Miss Edwina has not eaten
a morsel since the engagement
就为了能穿上婚礼的裙子
in order to fit into her dress.
难怪她病倒了呢
It's no wonder she's been taken ill.
我听说御医用水蛭
帮她尽快恢复健康呢
I hear the royal physician has brought in
leeches to hasten her recovery.
你能想象吗?
Can you imagine?
布里杰顿大人太丢脸了
Rather embarrassing for Lord Bridgerton.
但更值得担心的是
And yet far more worrying for us.
我们怎么能保证
What guarantee do the rest of us have
其他年轻女士
不会像无礼的新娘一样落跑呢?
that these other young ladies
will not follow the lead of the chit?
抛弃她们的新郎
Jilting their grooms left and right.
真是意外的反转啊 大人
A rather fortuitous
turn of events, my lord.
没什么比新丑闻更能让上流社会
活跃起来了
Nothing makes the ton
come alive like a fresh scandal.
大家似乎都在关注最新的细节
All eyes and ears seem
to be open for the freshest detail.
我想我们现在要做的
就是转移他们的注意力
I suppose all we must do now
is redirect their attention.
普鲁登斯
Prudence.
你不去炫耀这条漂亮的项链
Do you wish to insult Lord Featherington
是想羞辱费瑟灵顿大人吗?
by not showing off
this beautiful necklace?
我不明白他为什么在乎
我是否珍惜这条项链
I do not understand why
he should care whether I cherish it so.
我们已经订婚了
而他几乎不跟我说话
We are already engaged,
and he barely speaks to me.
什么样的订婚是源于沉默啊?
What sort of engagement
is born of silence?
照我说的做 孩子 还是你宁愿
像佩内洛普那样毫无前途?
Do as I say, child. Or would you rather
be without any prospects, like Penelope?
-千万不要
-来吧
-Heaven forbid.
-Oh… Come on.
我仔细考虑过你说的话了
I've given much consideration
to what you said.
考虑过夏尔普先生以及他的兴趣
About Mr. Sharpe
and his degree of interest.
没有 小埃 我没让你想这些
No. El, I did not intend you
to think about that.
你应该忘记他
You should put him out of your mind.
我知道这很奇怪
I know it is…
但我觉得我们只是思想上的共鸣
…odd, but I had assumed ours
was merely an intellectual bond,
那是一种建立在
相同想法和严谨对话基础上的友谊
a friendship based in like-minded thought
and rigorous conversation.
但如果你是对的呢?
如果他有更多想法呢?
But what if you are right?
What if he feels more?
我从没那么说过…
小埃 你希望他有更过想法吗?
I never said--
El, do you want him to feel more?
如果我不知道他的真实感受
My feelings about his feelings
do not matter
那我对他的感受也就不重要了
if I do not know for a fact
what it is he is feeling.
也许你已经走得太远了
Perhaps you have
already gone farther than is wise.
还记得玛丽夫人
因为嫁给了地位比她低的人
Have you not heard
of all the trouble that befell Lady Mary
而遭遇的所有困境吗?
because she married beneath her station?
没人在说婚姻 佩恩
No one speaks of marriage, Pen.
我说的是清晰的想法
I am speaking of… clarity of thought.
-我只是想知道真♥相♥
-但是为什么呢?
-I simply would like to know.
-But why?
我能接受某些谜团
I can accept certain mysteries.
我可能永远无法知道
当女性明显更适合时
I may never know how men
came to be considered leaders
男性是如何成为领导者的
when women are clearly better suited.
我可能永远无法理解
女装裁缝为什么要用紧身衣
I may never understand
why the modiste tortures her own clients
和粗糙的面料 折磨自己的客户
with tight bodices and scratchy fabrics.
我可能永远无法知道
维斯道恩女士背后是谁
I may never even know
who is behind Lady Whistledown.
你能接受这样的谜团吗?
And you could accept such a mystery?
当然不可以了
但这些谜团我可能永远也解不开了
Of course not, but…
those are mysteries I may never solve.
西奥夏尔普先生的谜团
我是可以解开的
This one with Theo-- Mr. Sharpe, I can.
但有什么好处呢?
这并不说明你可以采取行动
But what good will it do?
It is not as though you can act on it.
我想
I suppose
如果我能知道真♥相♥ 那将是一种解脱
if I know for sure, it will be a relief.
被蒙在鼓里太折磨人了
It is the not knowing
that makes it feel like… torment.
在脑海中反复思量简单的谈话
To turn over in your mind
the events of a mere conversation.
看遍所有的证据 还是不能确定
To look at all of the evidence
and still not be sure.
这种折磨令人愉快、令人振奋
It is a pleasing, stimulating,
令人激动不已
thrilling kind of torment.
-你有过这种感受吗?
-没有
-Have you ever felt that way?
-No.
我只能依靠想象
I can only imagine such a thing.
Mmm.
布里杰顿大人
Lord Bridgerton.
玛丽夫人
Lady Mary.
我想跟埃德温娜小姐谈谈
I was hoping to speak with Miss Edwina.
可以
Of course.
布里杰顿大人
Lord Bridgerton.
我很肯定 这次婚礼推迟
I am quite certain this delay is rather
非常出乎意料
unexpected.
确实
Indeed.
但我必须要问 只是推迟而已
没有其他情况吗?
But I must ask if it is, in fact,
a delay and nothing more?
我正在思考还有什么情况
I am considering what more
there may be regarding our courtship
涉及我们的求婚 以及涉及其中的
and those involved with its… interference.
各种人
-我知道你可能觉得…
-拜托
-I know you may think that we--
-Please.
请您告诉我 您不是来给我更多谎言
或者闪烁其词的 大人
Tell me you did not come here to offer me
more lies or half-truths, my lord.
至少给我一个痛快
At least offer me that.
我愿意进行陛下安排的婚姻
I am intent upon this marriage.
尽管有各种干扰
我们还是走到今天了
The very fact that we have
arrived at this day with whatever
这本身就足以证明了
interference there might have been
should be proof enough.
没错
Indeed.
但我还是不知道 您真正想要的
Yet I still wonder
whether it is the marriage
是婚姻呢 还是我呢
or me that you truly want.
两者都有
It is both.
埃德温娜小姐
从我们见面的第一刻起
Miss Edwina, I have never
wavered in my intentions
我的意图就从未动摇过
剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表