剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表
是因为我学识渊博、口齿伶俐?
due to the fact that
I appear well-read and articulate?
还是你害了什么病
需要跟我说一声?
Or do you suffer from some medical ailment
about which I should be informed?
这不是…
-This is not--
-If women's rights are what you're after,
如果你找的是女权 也许就该读这个
then perhaps that is
what you need to be reading.
新思想 骇人观点
New thoughts. Unsettling ideas.
但愿没把你吓坏吧?
Not too unsettling for you, I hope?
不过 真要遇见那位啥啥夫人
Though, if I should ever see
Lady what's-her-name,
我一定转告
她的头号♥仰慕者向她问好
I'll be sure to let her know that
her leading admirer says hello.
现在我宣布你们结为夫妻
I now
pronounce you husband and wife.
多好啊
Oh, how wonderful.
这么一想
And to think,
我们已经是一家人了 费瑟灵顿夫人
we are all one family now,
Lady Featherington.
是啊 想想就高兴
Yes.
What a delightful thought.
我们应该知会
新来的费瑟灵顿阁下一声
We must tell
the new Lord Featherington.
他现在人在哪里?
Where is the new Lord Featherington?
应该就在家中 我去找他
He is here somewhere,
to be sure. Let me find him.
你确定嫁妆给了?
You ensured the dowry was paid?
当然确定!
Of course I ensured the dowry was paid!
-Mmm.
-Ah.
我本打算参加的
I would've been in attendance, my lady,
但看你的意思
貌似不想让太多人出席…
but seeing how you wished
to keep the guest list small…
那么多要紧的地方需要用钱
What use are elaborate weddings anyway,
my lord, when there are
婚礼还讲什么排场 是不是 大人?
so many more important matters
to spend one's money on?
随你怎么说吧
If you say so.
更何况还有两位淑女闺中待嫁
嫁妆必然少不了
Especially with two more young ladies
to wed and two more dowries to pay for.
真是让人头晕脑胀
My word, this is a perplexing puzzle.
比起在美国挖矿
Apparently I needed less skill
to dig my American mines
看懂已故表亲的账本可费劲多了
than I do to understand
my late cousin's bookkeeping.
像你这样家财万贯之人
Well, surely, to a man of your wealth,
料理家产应该不在话下吧?
settling the estate's affair
shan't be of much concern?
但确实会影响到我的近期计划
It'll certainly make a difference
to my immediate plans.
也就是…?
Which would be?
大人 告诉我兴许对你有好处
It may serve you well
to involve me in your plans, my lord.
也许你我能通力协作
Perhaps we may act in concert in some way.
你初来乍到
You are new to town, after all.
有人帮忙 某些消息也灵通些
You could use someone
to keep you apprised of certain matters.
-夫人此话有理
-太好了…
-Well, in that, you are correct, my lady.
-Excellent--
正因如此 我才打算尽快
Which is, indeed,
why I plan on finding that someone
寻找这样一位帮手
sooner rather than later.
您的新亲家在找您
Your new relations are asking for you.
这些也许可以稍后再办
Perhaps all this can wait.
我们先庆祝菲利帕的大喜之日
Let us go and enjoy Philippa's day.
我很享受婚礼 你呢 瓦里夫人?
I do relish weddings.
Don't you, Mrs. Varley?
Oh.
当然 大人
Certainly, my lord.
他笑容挺讨喜的
He does have a pleasing smile.
等他娶个趾高气扬的丫头回来
That smile will be the last thing we see
冲着我们呵呵一乐
after he installs some beef-witted chit
into our drawing room
我被赶出自家大门
到时候你再看讨喜不讨喜
and ousts me out of my very own home.
Let's see how pleasing you find it then.
说句公道话 他也是没办法
才出此下策
To be fair,
he did not exactly have many choices.
你不准他见我
You forbade him to call on me.
-你觉得他挺聪明?
-不是的
-You think he was clever?
-No.
我觉得…
I think--
你告诉我 阿爸以前常说
You told me Appa always said
知其所好而求之 乃谓大丈夫
it takes a courageous man
to go after what he truly wants.
阿爸还说过 心诚者乃谓真君子
Appa also said the mark
of a true gentleman is honesty.
而子爵大人显然有欠诚意
Something the viscount notably lacks.
王后陛下
Your Majesty.
丹伯里女士
Lady Danbury.
莎尔玛大小姐 还有我的钻石淑女
Miss Sharma. And my diamond.
这边有请 可看的多着呢
This way. There is much to see.
它们叫做“斑马”
They are called "zebra."
马儿身上长着条纹 从非洲来的
Striped horses from Africa, in fact.
下周还会运来七只
Seven more arrive next week.
可我不知该取什么名字好
Though I can't think
what to name them all.
生了15个子女
能想到的名字都用光了
After 15 children,
I seem to have run out of ideas.
真是百兽云集啊 陛下
It is the most spectacular menagerie,
Your Majesty.
的确如此
Indeed, it is.
埃德温娜小姐?
Miss Edwina?
在 陛下?
Yes, Your Majesty?
你获封钻石淑女 必定是颇受关注
I do hope
you have been enjoying the attention
但愿你也乐在其中
you have surely been receiving
as the season's diamond.
的确如此 夫人 我荣幸之至
Very much so, ma'am.
It has been an exceptional honor.
你肯定也意识到
想不负盛名并非易事
It is not an easy mantle
to take on, you realize.
时时刻刻都备受瞩目
To have so many eyes
upon you at all times.
无论真♥相♥几何
凡夫俗子 不 搬弄是非之徒
Regardless of the truth,
people… nay, gossips,
总是会无♥耻♥捏造
they will contrive shameless falsehoods.
流言往往难以承受
Rumor can oftentimes
be a great hardship to endure.
问问你母亲 问问我
Just ask your mother. Just ask me.
我妹妹非常渴望
My sister aspires to learn
能向王后陛下多多讨教
from your illustrious example,
Your Majesty.
您的美满婚姻
您与国王陛下的赤诚之爱
Your marriage,
the wondrous love you share with the king.
这也是埃德温娜渴望拥有的
Edwina desires the very same.
她可以得到
And she shall receive it,
前提是要信对人
should she know who to trust.
丹伯里女士是我们本季的坚定指引
Lady Danbury has been
a steadfast guide for us this season.
同时还有我为妹妹把关
And my sister has me watching her as well.
这不就有了小圈子嘛
An inner circle, if there ever was one.
但你要知道 会有很多人
Though you must know
there will be many people
会为了一己私欲 挑拨离间
trying to break it apart
for their own ends.
一旦这种人被迫暴露了自己
When those persons
inevitably reveal themselves
心机毕露之时
and their rather sly intentions,
还请你告诉我此人身份
I simply ask
that you tell me who they are
我自然也好断定是否名副其实
so that I may decide
if they are worthy, of course.
莎尔玛大小姐 何不带令妹
Miss Sharma, perhaps you would like
去欣赏园中剩余奇景
to take your sister to see
the rest of these splendid grounds.
是啊 过了桥就能看见鹤鸵
Yes. The cassowaries
are just across the bridge.
但别走得太近
But do not veer too close.
它们暴躁得很
They are quite irritable.
剧集 | 布里奇顿(2020) | 导航列表