剧集 | 直言无讳(2015) | 导航列表
and she has my speech.
我不能闯红灯 先生
I couldn't run through a red light, sir.
那里有放学的孩子们
There were schoolchildren.
我想你本来可以追上去的 哈里
I think you could have made it, Harry.
你不需要演讲稿 沃尔特
You don't need a speech, Walter.
你只要上台去做你自己
Just get up there and be yourself.
用你在达沃斯的演讲就行
Give them your Davos talk.
对 你一向很擅长说瞎话
Yeah, you're a great bullshitter.
即兴发挥
Ad-libber.
-谢谢你 吉姆 -应该的
- Thank you, Jim. - Yep.
-你准备好了吗 布伦特先生 -好了
- Are you ready, Mr. Blunt? - Yes, all good.
欢迎各位来参加安纳伯格新闻通讯学院
Welcome, everyone, to the Annenberg School of Communication
周六系列讲座
and Journalism's Saturday lecture series.
真的很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
感谢老天 你去哪儿了
Oh, thank God. Where the hell have you been?
-我让卡车停下来然后打了辆专车 -好吧
- I got the truck to stop and I got on an Uber. - Okay.
我可以再说更多的闲话
I could easily continue to make much ado,
但还是不要拖延 此时此刻
but without further adieu, right here, right now,
沃尔特·布伦特
Walter Blunt.
非常感谢 谢谢
Thank you so much. Thank you.
下午好 非常感谢学院的邀请
Good afternoon and thank you so much for this invitation.
站在这么多
It gives me great pleasure
抱负远大的记者们面前 我非常荣幸
to be standing in front of so many aspiring journalists.
"两条年轻的鱼
"So there are these two young fish
"在海洋中游弋
"swimming in the ocean
"遇到了一条年纪大的鱼
"when they come across an older fish
"迎面游来
"swimming in the opposite direction.
"他朝他们点头说'早上好 水怎么样'
"He nods at them and says, 'Good morning. How's the water?'
"两条年轻的鱼埋头继续游着
"The two young fish continue swimming
"直到有一条扭头问 '什么是水'"
"until one turns and says, 'What the hell is water?'"
这是大卫·福斯特·华♥莱♥士♥的演讲
That's David Foster Wallace's speech.
那是我的笔记 我搞混了
Those were my notes. I screwed up.
你为什么要剽窃大卫·福斯特·华♥莱♥士♥
Why were you plagiarizing David Foster Wallace?
剽窃 这话可真是太无理了 年轻人
Plagiarize? That's really rather rude, young man.
你没有回答我的问题
You didn't answer my question.
我问你为什么要读
I asked you why you were reading
大卫·福斯特·华♥莱♥士♥给凯尼恩的演讲
David Foster Wallace's speech to Kenyon.
-肯尼亚 -不 不是肯尼亚
- Kenya? - No, not Kenya.
凯尼恩学院
Kenyon College.
你到底知不知道大卫·福斯特·华♥莱♥士♥是谁
Do you even know who David Foster Wallace is?
他是我最爱的作家 古往今来的最爱
He's my favorite writer of all time. All time.
我当然知道他是谁
Of course I know who he is.
我还读过他的《笨蛋联盟》呢
And I've even read one of his books-- A Confederacy of Dunces.
《笨蛋联盟》是约翰·肯尼迪·图尔写的
A Confederacy of Dunces is written by John Kennedy Toole.
大卫·福斯特·华♥莱♥士♥写的是《无尽的玩笑》
David Foster Wallace wrote Infinite Jest.
是的 但这两本书的名字
Yes, well, there is a certain similarity
有一定类似的地方
in the themes of the titles.
笨蛋和玩笑差不多 两个作者都是三段名字
Dunces, jesters. Both the authors have three names.
天啊
Oh, my God.
你得理解这只是一个小错误
You must understand this has just been an unfortunate mistake.
不 要是我没有打断你 见鬼 加勒特
No, but had I not stopped you-- damn it, Garret--
要是我没有打断你 你就接着念下去了是吗
had I not stopped you, you would have kept going, right?
你根本不尊重逝去的学者
You have no respect for the dead.
你这剽窃者 我控诉
Plagiarist. J'accuse.
布伦特剽窃
沃尔特·布伦特大学演讲当场被抓到抄袭
布伦特在大学毕业典礼的演讲剽窃福斯特·华♥莱♥士♥
沃尔特·布伦特演讲被指责抄袭
沃尔特·布伦特再次被抓包 这次他盗用了大卫·福斯特·华♥莱♥士♥的演讲
我在网上遭到残酷申讨了 哈里
I'm being crucified on the Internet, Harry.
我不知道这个华♥莱♥士♥小哥
I had no idea this Wallace chap
在知识分子中这么受欢迎
was so popular with the intelligentsia.
我是说 为什么你没给我读过他的书
I mean, why haven't you read him to me?
我已经很努力地让你跟上时代了 长官
I try very hard to keep you current, Major,
但只要是后现代的东西 听五分钟你就打盹
but you doze off five minutes into anything postmodern.
简直荒谬
This is absurd.
如果西莉亚没有跟着那架钢琴走了
If Celia hadn't gone running off after her piano,
这一切都不会发生
none of this would have happened.
这实在是很不幸 先生
It's all very unfortunate, sir.
我相信事情会平息的
I'm sure it will blow over.
对 你说的没错
Yes, you're right.
不过是场简单的网络纠纷
It's a brief Internet imbroglio.
上帝啊 我就读了那人的演讲的两个句子
Lord, I read two sentences of that man's speech
就被指责说剽窃他
and I'm being accused of plagiarism.
-实在太荒谬了 -是的 先生
- It's ridiculous! - Yes, sir.
话说回来 西莉亚最近时不时老迟到
Even so, Celia has been behaving somewhat erratically of late.
赌博啊 乱搞啊
I mean, gambling, promiscuity,
跟那个魔术师 还有雷夫一起
that magician chap and Rafe.
两个男人可算不上是乱搞 先生
Two gents do not qualify as promiscuity, sir,
尤其是跟这么多年我记在日记本上的
especially compared to what I've written in the logbook
你的那些事情相比
about you over the years.
这倒是真的
That's true.
即便如此 我觉得她有点问题了
Even so, I think she is troubled.
或许比吉姆的问题还要严重
Perhaps even more troubled than Jim.
我不同意你的看法 先生 两者一比
I would argue, sir, that of the two,
还是吉姆的问题更严重
Jim is the more troubled.
有事吗
What's up?
来我这吗
Here?
真的吗
Really?
当然可以 过来吧
Yeah, sure. Come on over.
他们要什么时候过来帮你清理这些
So when are they coming to start cleaning you out?
已经来过了
They came.
沃尔特那边怎么说
So have you heard from Walter?
我给他邮了一封长长的道歉信 他还没回我
I emailed him a long apology and he hasn't written back.
我受不了他对我生气
I can't bear to have him angry with me.
会过去的 相信我
It'll pass. I promise.
他不怎么记仇
He's very forgiving.
我当时差点让他服药过度
I almost gave him an overdose
现在他把我当儿子一样
and now he calls me his son.
你知道吗 我是十二岁那年遇到的沃尔特
You know, I met Walter when I was 12 years old.
什么 怎么可能
What? How is that possible?
他来我们学校当作文大赛的评委
He came to my school to judge an essay contest
然后他选了我的作文作为一等奖
and he chose mine as the prizewinner.
写的是有关种族隔离的
It was about apartheid.
-你反对种族隔离吗 -那还用说
- You were against it? - Of course.
不错
Yeah.
沃尔特知道这件事吗
Well, does Walter know about this?
不知道 我从没告诉过他
No, I never told him.
大约在我遇到沃尔特的一个月前 我爸死了
My dad died about a month before I met Walter,
我的整个世界一片漆黑
and it was like everything was black
我不想睁开我的眼睛
and my eyes were closed all the time.
而这个名人 这个战争英雄
And this famous man, this war hero,
他出现了 选了我的文章
comes and chooses my essay
还把手放在我的肩膀上拍了张照
and puts his hand on my shoulder for a picture
我的世界不再黑暗
and the world wasn't black anymore.
你真应该告诉沃尔特
You really should tell Walter.
别了 不然他会觉得我像个跟踪狂
No, I'll seem like a stalker.
从某种程度上说 我已经跟随了他25年
I've been sort of following him for 25 years.
时间是够长的
That is a long time.
你不能告诉别人我是这样一个怪咖
You can't tell anyone what a freak I am.
你跟我保证
Do you promise?
我保证 绝不告诉任何人
I promise. I'll never tell anyone.
同时你也该知道 我不会批判怪咖
Also, you should know, I don't judge freaks.
我会批判自己
I mean, I judge me,
但我不会批判你
but I don't judge you.
布朗森很生气
Bronson is upset.
他们在纽约开了次会
They had a meeting in New York.
只是一场大学的演讲而已 鲍勃
It was just a talk at a college, Bob.
而通过网上的各种含沙射影 各种消息误传
And the Internet has turned me into a plagiarist
我却成了个剽窃者
through innuendo and misinformation.
就像当年的德雷福斯事件一样
God. It's just like the Dreyfus Affair.
理查德·德莱福斯发生了什么吗
Richard Dreyfuss is having an affair?
不 是德雷福斯事件 在19世纪的巴黎
No, the Dreyfus Affair. Paris, 19th century.
剧集 | 直言无讳(2015) | 导航列表