剧集 | 直言无讳(2015) | 导航列表
在1984年
In 1984.
我知道 非常稀有
I know. They're very rare.
-我很喜欢它 -谢谢
- I loved it. - Thank you.
"随着母亲年事渐高
"As my mother aged,
我对她的爱似乎也与日俱增
my love for her seemed to be picking up in velocity,
和她在一起的每个瞬间都弥足珍贵
each moment with her more precious than the next.
我最后悔的
My greatest regret
便是她去世时我却身在福克兰群岛
is that she passed while I was in the Falklands
而未能与她道别
and I was unable to say goodbye.
未能再向她说一次我爱她"
Unable to tell her one more time that I loved her."
能为我签名吗
Will you sign it for me?
我很感动
I'm very touched.
我当然会签名了
Of course I'll sign it.
谢谢
Thank you.
苏珊娜 "王"字旁的珊是吗
It's "Suzanne" With a Z?
你可以写给"苏娜" 不写"珊"
You can sign it to "Snax." With an X.
我的朋友们都这么叫我
That's what all my friends call me.
我也算是其中一员吗
And am I counted among them?
我很想这样认为
I would like to think so.
那是双红鞋吗
Are those red shoes?
这个赌局的风险很高
This is a high-stakes game.
参与的人都是些恶仆 很难对付
A group of crooked domestics. Tough bunch.
他们都通过一名白酒经销商联络
They have a connection with a liquor distributor
因为他送货上门 可以接触每个人
because of all the home deliveries.
你也是恶仆吗 哈里
Are you a crooked domestic, Harry?
当然不是 我只是有嗜赌的毛病
No. I have a weakness for gambling.
我以前从没觉得嗜赌是种疾病
I never thought of it that way before,
直到我参加了赌瘾者互诫会
but I went to a Gambler's Anonymous meeting.
它改变了我的想法
It bollocks'd up my thinking.
这是暗号♥
Special knock.
我们是不是太不像话了 哈里
So are we bad, Harry?
对沃尔特撒谎 我还旷工了
We're lying to Walter, me skipping out on my work?
此时此刻
Well, in this moment,
我承认 是不太像话
we are bad. I admit it.
但是自我批判又有什么用呢
But what good has it ever done for people to judge themselves?
可以迫使我们努力自控吧
So that they can exert some self-control?
是啊 没错 你说的对
Oh, yeah. No, you're right.
我们是不是应该回去
Should we turn back?
注意 绿灯亮时可通行
你迟到了 我们都已经开始了
You're late. We're starting.
这是拉里·金[名嘴]家打扫泳池的
Larry King's pool guy.
看 没事的
See, it's all gonna be all right.
大家都很开心
Everyone's happy.
是啊 除了阿德勒一家
Yeah, except for the Adlers.
我去打发他们走时那父亲都哭了
The father cried when I bumped them.
晚上好
Good evening.
这里是直言布讳 我是沃尔特·布伦特
This is Blunt Talk, and I am Walter Blunt.
今晚的节目从苏珊娜·梅薇儿开始
We begin tonight's program with Suzanne Mayview,
她是《以眼还眼
author of An Eye for an Eye:
独家专访 苏珊娜·梅薇儿《以眼还眼》
为何美国需要死刑》一书的作者
Why America Needs the Death Penalty.
欢迎来到直言布讳
Welcome to Blunt Talk.
很高兴你能来 苏珊娜
We're happy to have you on, Suzanne.
谢谢你 沃尔特
Thank you, Walter.
太让人兴奋了 让我想起了在寄宿学校的日子
This is so exciting. It reminds me of boarding school.
熄灯之后 我们
After lights out, we used
会玩一个叫法国蜜月的游戏
to play this game called French Honeymoon.
别跟我瞎逼逼 我不是你朋友
Quit your small-talk. I'm not your friend.
叫牌
I call.
那个比对子大
So-- so that beats a pair?
是的
Yeah.
没事的 我会赢回来的
No, it's fine. I'm gonna win it all back.
我很强的
I've got this.
所以这是铁扇 那什么是葫芦
So four of a kind. So what's a full house?
死刑无疑是受欢迎的
The death penalty is undeniably popular.
50个州里有32个有死刑
32 out of 50 states have it.
62%的美国民众支持它
62% of Americans want it.
你知道詹姆斯·索罗维基是谁吗
Do you know who James Surowiecki is?
我知道
I do.
他为《纽约客》供稿
He writes for The New Yorker.
他对群众的智慧进行了很棒的研究
Well, he has done some fascinating research on the wisdom of crowds.
该死 我刚剔除了这个问题
Shit. I bet I just threw away that issue.
正是群众的智慧带来了麦卡锡主义啊
The wisdom of crowds gave us McCarthyism.
麦卡锡主义 得到大众支持的互相揭发的反♥共♥活动
还有时间驳倒她 沃尔特
Time to bury her, Walter.
你提到了群众的智慧
Well, that is a controversial choice,
这可颇有争议啊
invoking the wisdom of crowds.
我不明白的是...
And what I do not understand--
我来说得更通俗一点吧
Well, let me try to make it a little easier for you.
随你心意
If you like.
他今天怎么这么彬彬有礼啊
Why's he being so fucking civil?
他是不是有点奇怪 太过友好了
Does he look weird? Like too friendly?
你看起来很奇怪 为什么那样眯眼睛
You look weird. Why are you squinting like that?
我隐形眼镜丢了
I lost a contact lens.
如果犯罪分子闯入你家
If a criminal were to break into your house
强♥奸♥并杀害了你的亲人
and rape and murder your loved one...
难道你不想对他处以极刑吗
wouldn't you want capital punishment for that person?
她开始进行最无聊的假设了
She's going for the most tired hypothetical of them all.
以牙还牙的哲学
An eye for an eye is a philosophy
早就过时了
millennia out of date.
让我们考虑一下你设置的情境
But let us consider your scenario
以及惩罚措施真正的后果
and what punishment actually achieves.
考虑一下 切广♥告♥
Consider? Cut to commercial!
上帝啊
Jesus Christ!
不好意思 休息一下
Uh, but right now, I'm sorry. We have to take a break
广♥告♥之后 马上回来
and we will be right back.
你什么时候走...
So when, uh, do you leave for--
去那个什么 俄克拉何马城
what is it-- Oklahoma City?
-明天 -沃尔特 过来一下
- Mm, um, tomorrow. - Walter, quick word.
不好意思
Oh. Excuse me.
怎么了
Yes? What is it?
你为什么对她这么宽容
Why are you being so easy on her?
我没有宽容 但是她读过我的书
I'm not being easy. But she read my book.
维斯医生认为我应该...
And Dr. Weiss thinks that I should begin--
你们在讨论死刑的事
This is about the death penalty.
我可不想听到什么色情暗示
I don't wanna hear about that horny quack.
色情
Horny?
我不能眼看着你表现得像个傻子
Listen, I can't let you make a fool of yourself.
她正在碾压你
She's walking all over you.
如果我是詹姆斯·卡维尔
But she could be Mary Matalin
她可能就是我的玛丽·马塔琳
to my James Carville.
二人是政♥治♥立场不同的明星夫妻
沃尔特 注意力集中点
Walter, focus.
死刑是种族主义以及野蛮的
The death penalty is racist and barbaric.
只有中国 沙特阿♥拉♥伯 伊朗的
Only China, Saudi Arabia and Iran
死刑数量高于我们
have more executions than we do.
你忘了伊♥拉♥克♥
You forgot Iraq.
不 是你忘了
No, you forgot Iraq.
你可是沃尔特·布伦特 做你自己
You're Walter Blunt. Now act like him.
你说对了 我需要这个 谢谢
You made your point. I needed that. Thank you.
15秒就位
15 seconds.
对了 你冲我大喊大叫的时候
Oh, while you were shouting at me,
我看到你的双峰间有一对隐形眼镜
I saw you have a contact lens stuck between your breasts.
回到节目现场 这位是苏珊娜·梅薇儿
And we are back talking with Suzanne Mayview,
《以牙还牙》一书的作者
author of An Eye for An Eye:
为什么美国需要死刑
Why America Needs the Death Penalty.
苏珊娜 美国是世界上第五大刑罚国家
Isn't it shameful, Suzanne,
你觉得这是不道德的吗
that America has the fifth-most executions in the world?
仅次于中国 沙特阿♥拉♥伯 伊♥拉♥克♥和伊朗
Trailing only China, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Iran.
不 我只是认为那些
No. No, I just think of the families
受害者家庭需要一个终结
of the victims and how they need closure.
那么那些被误判刑罚的家庭呢
So what about the families of those wrongfully executed?
剧集 | 直言无讳(2015) | 导航列表