所有社区
neighborhoods in our city
这是一项很重要的任务
that it's important for us to do.
我认为我们现在所做的事
What we're doing here is
对未来非常重要
I think important for the future.
我认为是时候
I think it's time for us
让这次对话走出这个房♥间了
to take this conversation beyond our walls.
是时候
I think it's time to
与编辑部讨论这些事宜了
take this conversation to the editorial boards.
这样他们才能清楚
And let them understand fully
现在正发生些什么
what's happening here.
因为当第一版稿子出来时
Because the first editorial that came out...
恕我直言 它的质量确实不错
in all due respect, a nice editorial,
但大家都关注的是 这项计划的预算呢
but it was: how to pay for it? Who's going to pay for it?
但问题不是 谁来支付费用
The question's not Who's going to pay for it?
而是 计划如何实施
How's this going to happen?
这与谁承担费用无关
It's not about who's going to pay for it.
这项计划是必须实施的
It needs to happen.
编辑部
The editorial needs to say,
各大媒体 和其他人
and the press needs to start and
必须开始说
other people need to start saying:
这是必然会发生的 与费用无关
'This has to happen'. It's not about the costs.
这跟谁能支付最多费用 无关
It's not about who's going put up he biggest chunk of money,
而跟我们如何召集所有人
it's how do we get everyone together
完成这个计划有关
to put this plan together?
绿丝带委员会在其中扮演的角色 至关重要
The Green Ribbon Commission is vital in this work.
在推进这个项目时
As we continue to move forward in this work,
我们需要传达它的紧急程度
we need to help convey the urgency and
并在我们战略中 纳入多元的合作伙伴
bring diverse partners into our strategy.
我们需要与所有学校
We need to talk to all of our schools,
而不是部分学校商讨
not some of our schools.
我们需要
We need to talk to all of our museums,
和所有博物馆商讨
not some of our museums.
我们需要确保所有的医院
We need to make sure all of our hospitals
都明白其重要性
understand the importance of this,
而不是仅局限于部分医院
not some of the hospitals.
最重要的是
And more importantly
我们需要让商业人士明白
we need to make business people know that
这对他们很重要
this is really important for them as well.
与合作伙伴交流 对我们来说至关重要
It's important for us,
因为市民们的健康和安全 正处在威胁之中
for the health and safety of our residents are at stake.
我们需要确保休斯顿
Making sure that Houston,
波多黎各 佛罗里达 新奥尔良
Puerto Rico, Florida, New Orleans,
路易斯安那 再说一遍佛罗里达
Louisiana, Florida again,.
还有纽约等 所有发生过飓风的地区
New York, all of those different cities and areas had a storm.
如果在卡特里娜飓风还没发生前
If you go back and talk to Mitch Landrieu
和新奥尔良前市长 米奇·兰德鲁聊天
the former Mayor of New Orleans
飓风发生时 他还不是市长
who wasn't the mayor when Katrina happened,
他会说 如果在二十年前能这样解决问题
he said if they addressed this 20 years earlier
结果可能会不同
the outcome might have been different.
卡特里娜飓风破坏力很强
It still would have been bad
也许结果依然不容乐观
because Katrina was a bad storm,
但肯定不会那么糟
but it would have been not as detrimental.
我们需要思考的是
We have to think about that now and think about,
如何才能防止类似灾难发生
how do we prevent that from happening?
我们需要与其他领导人合作
We need to work with other leaders,
与当选官员合作
we need to work with other elected officials.
需要让立法机关明白
We need to let the legislature know,
让市政厅明白
and the city council know
我们如今工作重心的重要性
the importance of focusing on the work that we're doing here today.
我们知道 这些举措能减轻灾害的影响
We know that mitigation is resilience.
它对波士顿有积极影响
It's about the impacts here in Boston and
也能给美国 和世界树立榜样
it's about the example we set for the nation and the world,
通过提高公共健康水平 创造工作岗位
By showing that it can be done
帮助社区里的民众
we can improve public health, create jobs
证明其可行性
and also help people in our neighborhoods.
我们也能向全世界提供解决方案
We can also show the way, and
并呼吁他们 也作出相同的努力
help rally the global community to do their part.
我们想要在对抗灾难这一方面
I know that what we wanted to do here is be a leader in the country
成为全国 乃至全球的领导者
and a leader in the world here in Boston as far as resiliency.
现在我们已经有了计划
And now that we have the plan it's about,
我们知道下一步是什么 应该如何行动
what's the next steps and what's the actions?
我们没有国家政♥府♥的力量
We know we don't have a national government,
也没有华盛顿领导人的支持
at least a leader down in Washington,
一个清楚抗灾重要性的总统
a president that does understand the importance of resiliency.
现在华盛顿的环境保护局
We know that we don't have the commitments right now
并不了解
in the EPA down in Washington that understands
我们的工作 和应对灾难的重要性
the importance of resiliency and what we're doing here.
即使我们在华盛顿得到最多的支持
Even if we had the greatest champion in Washington,
我们也需要全美国的城市和城镇
t's still incumbent upon cities and towns
配合我们的计划展开
across America to carry out the plan.
我认为 首先我们需要
I do think it's important first that we start
在这个房♥间之外 进行这次对话
to take this conversation outside this room and
而不是纸上谈兵
have real conversations.
我建议我们去到
I would suggest that we go
大型新闻机构的编辑部
to editorial boards of the news outlets.
我建议
I would suggest that
去和更多商业引导者讨论
we start talking to more business leaders.
我建议我们开始思考
I would suggest that we start thinking about
我们该如何推进这个计划
how do we amp up this plan
不仅是内部人员的讨论
so it's not just the people on the inside crowd,
不管是商会
whether it's the Chamber of Commerce
还是这个委员会
or here at the Commission.
这次谈话需要被更多人听到
We need to take this conversation beyond this.
那么 我们今天需要做什么
So what are we here for today?
- 防火 - 所以就粗略检查一下吗 - 对
- Fire blocking. - OK, so the rough inspection? - Yes
你们打算什么时候做绝缘防护
When are you guys looking to insulate?
下周
Insulate next week.
你们约了下周
Next week you have on schedule.
约了周一
On schedule for Monday.
所以 你们觉得周一合适
So you're thinking Monday.
周一 周二
Monday, Tuesday.
他说 把这些全拆掉 需要两天半
He said two, two and a half days he'd have it all wiped out.
你们今天做什么 喷涂泡沫吗
What are you doing, spray foam?
喷涂泡沫 封闭墙
Spray foam, closed cell.
外部做封闭墙
Closed cell on the exterior.
如果今天一切顺利的话
So you're thinking that if all goes well today,
你们就约下周一
you have them scheduled for Monday.
约周一 我之前和他说了
Schedule for Monday. I spoke with him earlier,
他说两天半左右要把这些都搞定
he said two, two and a half days to wrap it all.
他会派两队人来
He'll send two crews.
我周四不在
I'm going to be off on Thursday.
如果周一派两队人来
If we could get you may be,
我们差不多就能搞完
well, provided he sends two crews Monday.
- 好 到时候你给我发邮件 - 好
- All right. So then you'll just email me. - Yeah
告诉我进展如何
And let me know how that goes.
如果周三我有时间的话
And if Wednesday comes around and I have time
我就找你继续装♥修♥
I'll squeeze you in to keep it going.
所以 所有的防火体和焊透都搞好了
So all the fire blocking's done. all the penetration
- 还有防火堵料
- Fire caulking.
- 堵料是3M堵料吗 - 是
- Use the caulk and the 3M caulking? - Yeah
- 好 没有泡沫 对吗 - 对
- All Right. No foam, right? - No foam.
这个地下室
Now what do we do down the basement is
是想扩大生活空间吗
extended living spaces as a part of this unit?
扩大第一层
Extended living space for the first floor
主卧套间 和浴室的空间
master suite, master bath, master shower
- 这里都能被喷头覆盖对吧 - 对的
- And this is fully sprinkled, right? - Fully sprinkled.
这是新的排水系统
This was new underground plumbing.
我们昨天检查完
We had our plumbing inspection yesterday,
才能把洞封上
so we can close out.
所以他看过了
So he got a look at it
电影精选列表