轮流介绍自己
everyone's introducing themselves,
每次提到哥伦比亚 就能听到这个声音
every time Columbia was mentioned. You'll hear that.
有些委内瑞拉的朋友 看起来很兴奋
There are some Venezuelan's here that were excited.
来自墨西哥的朋友 看起来也很兴奋
The Mexicans seem really excited as well.
所以自豪感是存在的
So there is a sense of pride.
我认为 对市政厅的我们来说
And I think for us in the City,
你们做这些救济项目是为了
doing these service projects,
帮助其他人
you're doing it because you're trying to help people,
你们还在做的是
but what you're also doing is
告诉人们 政♥府♥相关的事宜
you're teaching people about government.
你们要告诉大家
You're also teaching people about
各种可能性
what can be possible.
你们也会为其他人 创造机会
You're also creating opportunities to open doors.
你们该如何 用自己的专业知识
How do you take your expertise and
和你们所拥有的经验
what you know as a person,
你们的民族传承
as your heritage and your nationality
还有你在学校 或其他地方学到的东西
and also what you've learned, whether it's been in school,
本地的朋友 在这里学到的
if you were born here,
外地的朋友 在家乡学到的知识
if you weren't born here, what you learned at home
如何将这些知识应用到社区中
and take it to the community
并给人们创造机会
and give people opportunities.
特朗普开始执行移♥民♥禁令的那天
The day that Trump came down with the ban,
我看着屏幕
I looked up at the screen,
看着发生的一切在想
I saw what was going on
他今天又发什么疯了
and I'm like what's he doing today?
然后丹说 是穆♥斯♥林♥禁令
And Dan' like, you know he's doing a Muslin ban
他要阻止穆♥斯♥林♥移♥民♥入境
and he's banning against immigrants.
我说开个记者会吧 他问什么时候
I said let's do a press conference. When?
我说 半个小时以后
I said in a half hour.
我说 这栋楼里工作的
I said I want every single immigrant
每个移♥民♥都站到我身后
that works in the building standing behind me
第一代移♥民♥也站过来
and I want every first generation person in there as well,
之前我觉得
because I didn't think I had enough
移♥民♥群体不会挤满整个房♥间
immigrant community behind me to fill the room.
而当我们在外面的走廊里
We were out in the hall, out in the hallway,
人很多 那是个令人骄傲的瞬间
it was packed. That was a proud moment
因为 我站在我的朋友们中间
because I was standing amongst my peers
即使我是个市长
because I might be the Mayor,
我更是一个为公共服务的职员
but I'm a public employee.
我们没什么不同 而我在那个瞬间非常骄傲
We're no different. And I was proud of that moment.
那和民族无关
And that has nothing to do ...
我对我的文化传统非常自豪
So I'm proud of where my heritage is.
如果和爱尔兰的历史
And I think back to comparing,
作一些比较的话
maybe doing a little history of the Irish.
在19世纪末期 爱尔兰人被称作狗
In the end of the 19th century Irish were called dogs,
仆人 奴隶 猪 猴子 各种动物
servants, slaves, pigs, monkeys, animals.
那时候对爱尔兰人的称呼
If you look at the portrayal of Irish people
完全就是种族歧视
back then it was completely racist.
然后一群人聚集起来
And a group of people got together and
努力用权力影响社会
started to think about being a power broker.
他们逐渐进入美国各个城市
And they slowly but surely started to go into cities around America
进入镇议会 市议会 一些立法机构
and they got elected to town councils city councils and then a couple legislatures.
最终建立了自信 得到了坚实的后备力量
And eventually continued to build up a brief of support and understood who they were,
后来 他们成为了市长
and next thing they're Mayors.
这是每一个移♥民♥群体 来到这个国家都会经历的过程
And that's really what every community that comes to this country has done over time.
但政♥治♥不是终点
And you don't settle at politics.
我们的工作 是代表并帮助波士顿市民
Our job is to represent and support the people of Boston.
这才是我们的工作
That's our job.
无论是通过别人 还是直接为别人服务
Whether it's for, through somebody or directly for somebody
这就是我们的工作
that's what our job is.
我们是政♥府♥工作人员 我们要有责任感
And when you're a public employee, you have responsibility for that.
我认为在座的每一位
And I think that everyone in this room
在很多方面 都比市政厅的其他工作人员更有动力
is more motivated than the average person at City Hall in a lot of different ways,
让你的动力 你的渴望 带动你做好工作
and take that motivation, take that desire, and keep that moving forward.
因为我们必须成为 这样的人
Because that's who we have to be.
这辆车没有 有效的注册记录
This car doesn't have an active registration.
我应该把护照带来的 不过也没用是吧
I should have brought my passport, but that wouldn't have been any good either right?
结婚当天 庆典要花费75美元
So to get married it costs $75 cash on the date of the ceremony.
只有每天中午12点到晚上8点 可以在这里停车
So you can only park at the meter between those times 12 to 8.
我想要一张奥斯顿 布莱顿的停车票
I'm looking to get an Allston Brighton parking pass.
这上面没有 你在波士顿的地址
It doesn't have your Boston address.
我给你发了确认邮件
Sent you an email confirmation.
下一位
Next.
现在有三个相当重要的总体规划
There are 3 fairly significant master plans
在市政厅有关部门中进行 我们也将参与其中
that are happening in city departments right now that we're going to be a part of.
第一个是 波士顿公共图书馆
The first one is the Boston Public Library.
他们在春天开始制订了
They're starting a master planning process
一项关于图书馆的古老建筑
in the spring to look at the McKim Building
麦金楼的设计规划
which is the old building of the library.
特别是我们社区 很关注前门入口
Specifically for interest to our community is looking at the front entrance.
正如我们所知
As we know,
感谢董事会和一位波士顿居民的大力支持
thanks to great advocacy of the Board and an individual Boston resident
今年开春 他们安装了半永久斜坡
they installed a semi-permanent ramp earlier this year
所以目前 前门是可以使用的
so that the front entrance is now accessible.
但他们还想建一个永久坡道
However, they want to build a permanent ramp,
一个非常具有艺术感的结构
a very nice artistic structure
来替换临时的金属坡道
so they don't have a temporary metal ramp up there for long.
这将被纳入我们的总体规划
So that's going to be worked into the master plan.
在老麦金楼里的图书馆 有两个会议室
And also there are two meeting rooms in the library
目前 我们只能使用电梯
in the old McKim Building, that the only way you can access them right now
厢式电梯进入那里
is with a lift, a vertical lift.
地图室 和联邦沙龙会议厅
That is the Map Room and the Commonwealth Salon.
我们会找可行的方法
We're going to be looking at those areas to see
让大家更方便地进入这两个房♥间
if there's a way to improve accessibility to those rooms.
很遗憾 在几周前
Unfortunately there was a meeting scheduled
有个由大众健康组织主导的
a few weeks ago to give updates on the PCA Program,
关于更新个人护理服务员计划的会议
scheduled by Mass Health
图书馆工作人员
and there was some communication
告诉大众健康组织
where the Library staff told the people at Mass Health
那个房♥间可以使用
the room was accessible and it was one of these rooms which is technically accessible
而当有20到30个人用轮椅乘坐电梯
but when you have 20 and 30 people coming in wheelchairs
进入房♥间时
trying to go up that lift
出现了困难
it was not very accessible, so...
我正努力与图书馆沟通
I'm working on communication with the library
找各种方法 尝试提高便利性
and looking at different strategies to try to improve accessibility.
另一个总体规划是
Another master plan that's happening is the Parks Department
公园部门正在为波士顿公共公园 制定总体规划
is working on a master plan for Boston Common.
波士顿公园中有一块很不方便的区域
There is a large barrier in the Common
我们已经留意了很久
that we've been interested in working on for a long time.
在邵逸夫纪念馆的一些台阶
And that is the set of steps at the Shaw Memorial
从公园一直到比肯街 穿过州议会大厦
which go from the Common up to Beacon Street, across from the State House.
目前 如果从波士顿公园
Right now if you're in the Common and you can't use the steps,
去州议会大厦 暂时别无他法
there's no way to get to the State House except to go back to Tremont Street
只能回到特里蒙特街 然后沿着公园街走到比肯街
and walk all around up Park Street to Beacon Street.
这是一条很长的路 而且这条路也不太好走
So it's a really long path of travel and even that path is not very accessible.
我们和公园部门协调了好几年
So, we had worked with the Parks Department for a few years
尝试去做一些测量
to try to get some measurements of slopes
并提出一些设计构思 在公园中建造斜坡
and come up with some design concepts to either do a ramp
或在公园外建造一部电梯
or an exterior elevator in the Common.
所以 这将包括在总体规划中
So this will be included in the Master planning.
关于波士顿公园的总体规划
I heard you say on the Master Plan regarding the Boston Common
包括通往州议会大厦的台阶
with the steps going up to the State House
这项投入是很有价值的
that input would be valuable.
作为在州议会大厦 美国残疾人协会的协调员
I get complaints all the time
我经常收到投诉
as the ADA Coordinator at the State House
如果我拿到州议会的文书
Would it help if I got a letter from the State House
说我们希望这条路能提供便利 会有帮助吗
saying that we would appreciate those steps be made be accessible?
是的 州政♥府♥和市政♥府♥的合作很有必要
Yes, I definitely think a collaboration between the City and the State
而且 州政♥府♥坐落于自♥由♥之路上
because it's definitely the State House which is part of the Freedom Trail.
当残疾人走自♥由♥之路时 他们必须绕行
When they have people with disabilities on the Freedom Trail they have to detour
电影精选列表