in the City Council today. The diversity, the lack of
从前缺乏的多样性对种族不平衡问题
diversity at that time didn't take the racial imbalance
不够严肃 如果之前有更多多样性
issue seriously enough that if they had had more diversity
市议会会说 不 要避免法律手段
they would have said no, let's avoid court action and let's
要先行一步 来创造那种多样性
do something proactive to create the kind of diversity
我给你补充一下 平民权利运动
Wanna back up even further, Civil Rights Movement? That same
从前没有像现在市议会的这种多样性
diversity wasn't in the City Council today that it was back
他们采取了措施 废除了奴隶制 做了很多
then. And they took action. And the abolition of slavery, a lot
就好像那一代人曾有机会
of things, so it's like that generation had an opportunity.
是的 他们错过了
Yeah, they missed it.
很显然 今天坐在这里谈论这些是很轻松的
And you mean obviously it's easier to talk about it today
而不说你应该做什么
sitting here and not saying you should do that.
但今天有了不一样的心态
But there's a different mindset today.
所以我们在这里讨论了所有人才 康奈尔·韦斯特
So we talked about all the talent here, the Cornell West,
我跟东方银行的鲍勃·里弗斯聊了聊
I talked to Bob Rivers today at Eastern Bank and
健康产业 这个城市和这个地区的
the healthcare industry, dominant industries here
支配性产业
in this City and in this region.
我们说 当你们坐在这谈话时
We say hey, we can offer those up as resources
我们可以把那些作为资源提供出来
as you have the conversation here.
所以合作者已经感兴趣了
So we know the folks from Partners are already interested.
我们认识TGS公♥司♥的人
We know the folks at TGS companies.
我跟东方银行的鲍勃·里弗斯聊了聊
I talked to Bob Rivers today at Eastern Bank and
银行方面想要参与
the banking community wants to be involved.
现在我们只需要利用所有兴趣点
Now we just got to sort of harness all that interest and
他们在接触我还有特内莎
I think they're reaching out to me and to you and Tanesha
多令人激动 我担任有色人种协进会主席
and it's exciting that this is, in my years of
很多年 在参与平民权利上
being President of NAACP, there was never this much focus on
从没有如此的关注度
being involved in civil rights.
还有对此的贡献 我们只需要利用好那些
And contributing to it, so we just have to harness that.
在这一周内 我们如何让黑人 棕色人种和白人
How do we get Black and Brown and White Boston to become
的波士顿变成观察者 代表 替补者
observers, delegates, alternates at the convention during that week?
声势会很大 我还没有见过像波士顿这样
That would be huge and I've not seen it done
出色的表现
as well as I think Boston could do it.
在会议上 我们有额外3000名波士顿人
That we have an additional 3,000 Bostonians
听着总统候选人
at the convention to listen to the Presidential nominees
或者总统候选人讲话
or Presidential candidates at that point
参与到会议中 讨论刑事司法
to partake in the conversation around criminal justice
和在今天的大规模监禁中发生了什么
and what's going on in terms of today with mass incarceration.
人们在这里 兴趣点就在这里
The folks are here and the interest is here.
我们只需要让他们
We just got to get them over to
- 我觉得这是市场营销 - 对
-I think it's the marketing. -Right
这就是我们如何营销 让人们知道机会对你开放了
It's how do we market it to let people know this is open for you,
你住在你所住在的那条街道上 洪堡县
so that you live on whatever street it is you live on, Humboldt.
这是你的会议
This is your convention.
你也许不是凭据投票代表
You might not be a credential voting delegate,
但你和任何人一样参与进了大会
but you are as engaged in this conversation as everyone else.
我们需要你明白这一点 而且我觉得这是关于市场营销
We need you to get that. And I think it's about marketing.
我们都这样做过
We've done all this,
但是我们仍然没在该在的地方
but yet we're still not where we need to be
为什么会发生那些 我们如何接受过去
And why did that happen? And how do we take the past
并庆祝它 但是同时明白问题出在哪
and celebrate it, but also understand where the problems happen
我觉得当人们反复地讨论
and I think that you know, when people talk about you
种族歧视波士顿
know racist Boston, racist Boston, racist Boston, you know
就像你说的 这里发生了很多改变
like you said, a lot was done here.
为了带来平等
So to bring equality,
但出于某些原因 我们还有很多要做的
but for some reason we have more work to do.
我觉得会有一个月的机会
And I think there's an opportunity for maybe one month's
一个反思月
a reflecting month.
历史是关键的 对吧 如果人们
History is the key thing. Right. Is if people
了解历史 他们会知道好事 也知道坏事
know history they get the good, they get the bad,
他们会了解到导致我们现在的大环境
they got a context for where we are
然后他们才能有作为
and then they can act.
但是问题是我们中很多人不了解历史
But the problem is many of us don't know our history.
所以我们认为 我们社区中的贫困速度
So we think that the poverty rates in our communities
是一个意外
is an accident.
人们决定保持贫困或者我们不一致的健康状况
People just decided to be poor or our health disparities
是个意外 人们就是需要吃得更好
is an accident. People just need to eat better
他们不理解进入权
and they don't understand the context for access
机会和平等的大环境 所以我觉得
and opportunity and inequities. So I think there's
随着大会的召开 会有一个独特的机会
a unique opportunity with the convention coming here
你们在忙的关于种族司法
and the work that you've been doing around
和公正的工作和那些谈话
racial justice and equity and these conversations
是要把它变成一个全市的谈话
is to have it be a citywide conversation as
就像你说的 它贯穿了
you said that plays out throughout the course of
整个一年的过程 而且它确实是基于历史的
the year and it's really grounded in history.
噢 你可看见 在晨曦初现时
Oh say can you see
的第一束光
by the dawn's early light,
是什么让我们如此骄傲
what so proudly we hailed
在最后一道曙光中欢呼
at the twilight's last gleaming.
是谁的阔条明星
Whose broad stripes and bright stars
冒着枪林弹雨
through the perilous fight
依然高扬招展
O'er the ramparts we
在我们的碉堡上
watched were so gallantly
火炮染红了天空
streaming. And the red rockets red glare
炸♥弹♥弥漫于空气
The bombs bursting in air.
他们见证了整夜
Gave proof through the night
国旗安然无恙
that our flag was still there.
你看星条旗不是还
Oh say does that star spangled
高高飘扬
banner yet wave
在这自♥由♥国家
O'er the land of the free
勇士的家乡
And the home of the brave
致波士顿人♥民♥ 感谢你们给我这个特权
To the people of Boston, thank you for the privilege
在过去的五年为你们服务 我爱我的工作
of serving you these past five years. I love my job
每天我走出门 到社区去与波士顿人♥民♥
Every day I get to go out into the neighborhoods to talk
谈话 倾听 共事
listen and work with the people of Boston.
每天 波士顿人走过市议会的门
Every day Bostonians walk through the doors of City Hall
与我分享他们的希望和梦想
and share their hopes and dreams with me.
他们提醒着我 我对实现梦想和作为移♥民♥后代
They remind me of how grateful I am to live my dream
走过市议会大门有多么感激
and walk through those doors as the son of immigrants.
我想到了另一扇敞开的大门
I think of another door that opens. It was
那是2013年 我竞选的第二天早晨
the morning after my election in 2013.
我在一个酒店房♥间里
I was in a hotel room and
我为送早餐的员工打开了门
opened the door for the worker to deliver breakfast.
她的名字是莱蒂 她来自
Her name was Letty. She emigrated
非洲 到波士顿追逐梦想
from Africa to follow her dreams here in Boston.
她绕过餐车 给我一个大大的拥抱 然后哭了
She came around the cart and gave me a big hug and she was crying.
她说我们做到了 我们赢了 我们要做市长了
She said we did it. We won. We are going to be Mayor.
莱蒂就在现场 谢谢你 莱蒂
Letty's here somewhere. Thank you Letty.
在那一刻 我明白了这份工作意味着什么
It hit home right at that moment what this job means.
它意味着敞开门 让波士顿人走进来
It means opening doors for more Bostonians to walk through.
任何种族 信仰 阶级的人
People of every race, creed and class.
改变一座城市 改变一个国家
Changing a city. Changing a nation.
一年前 我发誓了我的第二任期要巩固
One year ago I pledged my second term to strengthening
并扩大♥波♥士顿的中产阶级
and expanding Boston's middle class.
今天 比这个城市的历史上
Today more people are working than
更多的人在工作
any other time in our city's history.
失业率是2.4%
Unemployment is 2.4 percent.
史上最低
The lowestever recorded.
在让人们升入中产阶级上
We are ranked number two in the nation
我们在全国排名第二
for moving people up and into the middle class.
我们被提名世界上最适合找工作的城市
And we've been named the best city in the entire world to find a job.
我们为很多人敞开大门
We have thrown open the doors of opportunity
波士顿人涌入机会大门
and Bostonians are surging through them
实现梦想 并带领我们前进
to live their dreams and lead us forward.
因为我们正在更多地利用人♥民♥的力量
And because we are drawing on more of our people's strength
我们城市的状态比以往任何适合都强大
the state of our city is stronger than ever.
但我很担心我们工会的状况
But I'm concerned about the state of our Union.
在华盛顿发生的事情 我们在波士顿也能感受到
What happens in Washington, we feel on the streets of Boston.
但还有更重要的事
But here's what matters more.
我们在波士顿的作为 可以改变这个国家
What we do in Boston can change this country.
我们证明了 不同点不一定能隔开我们
电影精选列表