但我知道 生活不太顺利
but I knew, it was pretty low.
生活中也发生了很多 其他糟心事
And a lot of other things happened in my life that built up to that point.
每次喝酒 我不会给自己找麻烦
Every time I drank I didn't get in trouble,
但每次遇到麻烦 我都会喝酒
but every time I got in trouble I was drinking.
所以 我想的是 分享我们的经历
So, you think about that and I think about sharing experiences
我喜欢分享 我现在还会去戒酒会
and I love, I go to, I still go to my meetings.
听人们分享关于自己上瘾的经历 力量和希望
Hearing people share their experience, strength and hope about addiction,
有时候 有人因为太痛苦
sometimes there's somebody talking that's in so much pain
而看不到曙光
that they don't see the benefit.
他们看不到希望 看不到帮助
They don't see the hope. They don't see the help.
看不到游戏的结局
They don't see the end game.
如果我有机会和他们说话
And if I get a chance to talk to them
我会说 痛苦只是一时的
I just say, it's a day at a time.
当我第一次戒酒时
When I first got sober
我听到他们说 自己有房♥有车有工作
I'd hear people talk about they have a house, a job and a car
他们所拥有的一切
and they have this and that,
我那时想 我也想有这些
and I used to be like, I want that.
但在那时 我在那种情况下
But I was in no way in the situation that
我是不可能做到的
I could get that at that particular moment.
七年后 我买♥♥了房♥子
And seven years later I bought my house.
我记得我坐在我家后门廊时
And I remember sitting on my back porch of my house,
即使我已经买♥♥了10年了
even 10 years after I had it. I looked up
我抬头 还是不敢相信这是我的房♥子
I looked up and I can't believe it's mine.
这都是寻求帮助 给我带来的一切
And it all goes back to going for help and asking for help.
而今天 在座的很多人
And I know many of you in this room
分享了你们的故事
shared your story today
我很感谢你们的分享
and I thank you for that.
或许这里的某些人
And there's probably some people in this room
听完后会说
that might be listening and saying
我不知道该怎么做
I don't know what I'm going to do.
你只需要联♥系♥我们
Just reach out.
站出来寻求帮助
Put your hand out and ask for help.
仅此而已
That's all you got to do.
这是关键的第一步
That's the first step. That's the first step.
你们为这个国家而战斗
You know, you fought for this country.
我们应该帮助你们
We owe it to you to help you.
这是我们应该做的 这是政♥府♥应该做的
That's our job. As a government that's our job.
我们的退伍军人办公室 退伍军人事务办公室
Our Veterans office, Veterans Affairs office,
我为我们所做的工作感到骄傲 因为我们是为退伍军人服务的
I'm proud of the work we do because we're there for the veterans.
我们从办公室出来前 就说过
I said this earlier as we went out.
在我当市长的那5年里
In my five years as Mayor,
我从未向办公室主任建议
I have never once had to suggest to the Commissioner of the Office,
我们应该为退伍军人做些什么
you need to do this for the Veterans or do that for the Veterans.
他们已经在做了
They're already doing it.
这是专门为你们设立的
It's setup for you.
如果没有你们这些老兵
If it weren't for the Veterans
奋战在独♥立♥战争 一战 二战 朝鲜 越南
of the Revolutionary War, of World War I, II, Korea, Vietnam,
伊♥拉♥克♥ 阿富汗乃至全世界
Iraq, Afghanistan fighting all over the world,
我根本没有机会 当这个市长
I wouldn't have the opportunity to be the Mayor.
我们不可能 实现民♥主♥
We wouldn't have the opportunity of a democracy.
正是因为你们
It's because of you.
因为你们为民♥主♥而战
Because you fight for that democracy.
感激你们来到这里
Thank you for being here.
感激你们为国家做的一切
Thank you for what you've done for our country.
感谢你们将来为这个国家做的一切
For what you continue to do for our country.
对我来说 老兵节和阵亡将士纪念日一样
For me, Veteran's Day is a day on the calendar
是值得纪念的日子
just like Memorial Day's a day on the calendar.
但是 在我们国家
But Veteran's Day, Memorial Day is every day.
每一天都应该是老兵节和阵亡将士纪念日
It should be every day in our country.
大家向中间倾斜45度
Everybody go 45 degrees towards the center.
国会选举后的 第一个星期二
Tuesday after the election for the Congress was complete,
我打电♥话♥给理查德·尼尔 祝贺他
I reached out to Richard Neal. Congratulated Richard Neal. He's in line to be
他将担任斯普林菲尔德 下一任筹款委员会主席
the next Chairman of the Ways and Means from Springfield.
我还打给了吉姆·麦戈文 祝贺他
I reached out to Jim McGovern. Congratulated him.
他将担任伍斯特郡 规则委员会主席
He's in line to be the Rules Chair from Worcester County.
他曾经为乔·莫克利工作过 乔以前担任过这个职位
That's the seat formerly held by Joe Moakley who he worked for.
所以 我们有这些非常不错的盟友
So we have some really good allies in there.
虽然他们并不能偏爱 马萨诸塞州的波士顿市
I mean obviously they can't favor Boston per se on Massachusetts,
但有他们在职的话
but having them there in their office,
我们在很多方面 就有对接人
there's a contact for a lot of different issues.
比如 教育 气候 交通 消防 警♥察♥
Education, climate, transportation, fire stuff, police stuff.
这非常重要
That's really important to have.
在那些办公室 有可以直接联♥系♥的工作人员
We'll have staff in those offices that we can call, reach out directly to.
这在国家层面 是很重要的
On a national level that will be important.
我刚还联♥系♥了州长
I also just reached out to the Governor to say that
约他一起
I'd like to get together with him
聊聊教育 交通和气候问题
to talk about education, transportation and climate issues
并且探讨了 是否有机会为州和城市基金
and is there an opportunity for us to go and lobby in Washington
去游说华盛顿
for those funds for the Commonwealth and the City.
我们决定曲线救国
I think we have decided to take a different approach.
这几年 我们没怎么做这些事
The last couple years we haven't done much of that because
是因为我们习惯于直接去白宫
we were used to going right to the White House.
奥巴马在任的时候 我们直接去找国务卿
We could go right to the Secretary's when Obama was there.
我们没有直接找过现任总统
We haven't done that with this President.
不过我觉得我们还是有机会去华盛顿游说一番
But I think there's an opportunity for us to go down to Washington and lobby
汇报我们目前所面临全新状况
for a whole lot different pieces that we're looking at here
通过现在这些国会的人
through the Congressional folks right now.
在过去 这通常是有效的
That's usually how it worked in the past.
奥巴马执政的那几年 发生了变化
It changed under Obama the last couple years,
他们确实共同努力 与市长们直接建立了联♥系♥
they really made a concerted effort to build a relationship directly with mayors.
通常需要像在州议会那样 通过立法官员的审查
Usually you go through the Legislative leaders like you at the State House.
所以这对我们来说 真的是一件好事
So, I think that's a really good thing for us.
我希望在华盛顿以外的地方 能有好事发生
Hopefully, I'm hoping good things can happen out of Washington.
约翰有个开放的想法
There's an openness that John has.
如若真的实施
If he opens it up
会给30-40个女性带来灾难
we get a really bad storm to 30 or 40 women.
- 这个数字不会减少 - 对
- It doesn't go back down. - Right.
去年冬天很有效
He was willing... it worked well last winter,
他是想 在晚上6点到8点增加一些床位
to fill some beds between six and 8 p.m.,
但得留一些空间 给别的地方来的人
but then leave a little room for overflow from other places.
得有这样一个地方
There needs to be some space
因为如果他想再接再厉
because if he's going to step up
他必须知道有个地方
he needs to be able to know that there is space
他能把人带过去
that he's going to take these people to.
我们不允许出现那种状况
That we're not going to be in a situation
就是他在松树街 或别的什么地方
where he's showing up at Pine Street or somewhere
说你们不能这么干
and say you can't.
有一些患有某种慢性病的女性
A group of women who are sort of chronic...
似乎有严重的精神问题
they seem to be severely mentally ill
他们不离开收♥容♥所♥
who don't leave shelter at all.
我们是24小时开放的 他们来了就不走
I mean they're in it because we're open 24/7 and they don't leave.
我觉得还有一些人
I think we have a number of people also,
同时患有行为障碍
with sort of a combination of behavioral
和药物使用障碍
and substance use disorders that are a combination there.
有很多女士 迫切想有地方住
There's a host of women who just desperately want to get housed,
但是 她们没有收入
who just don't have the income you know.
比如 我们有一个
Like we have a woman,
来自波多黎各的女性避难者
an evacuee from Puerto Rico
只希望有地方住
who just wants to get housing,
可她只有一张535美元的社会保障支票
but has like a $535 Security Income check and
大约一半女性 经历过家暴
that about 50 % of the women also had some sort of domestic violence
或其他暴♥力♥事件
or violence issue prior to coming,
所以我们想让更多公共服务机构介入
so we're trying to get more service providers in.
似乎确实有些女士想躲起来
There does seem to be a group of women who are like hiding.
不管什么原因 就是不想被人发现
Just trying to stay under the radar for whatever reason.
天气比较冷的时候
In the cold weather transit stations are places
中转站是一些需要帮助的人
where people who are sometimes less well-known
聚集的地方
or sometimes kind of hanging out have aggregated
我们知道去年
and we know last year
南站运输警♥察♥部门的同情心事件 带来的意外结果
how the unintended consequence of the compassion of the T at South Station
电影精选列表