I wasn't really sure what was happening and going on.
从那时起波士顿就在种族平等方面取得了突破性进展
Since that time Boston has made some progress.
我们与其他政♥府♥职员一起在推动这些进步
And we've worked on that progress with other elected officials
讨论如何消除不平等
and talking about addressing the disparities,
如何解决种族主义
addressing racism
解决过去我们在波士顿所经历的问题
and addressing the past that we've experienced in the City of Boston.
但是不平等仍然很严重
But the disparities remain deep
而且在社会的很多领域中
and there's a real, the distrust we have is real
确实存在一种不信任感
in a lot of areas of our society.
人们希望进行更多公开和诚实的对话
People wanted more open and honest conversations
我认为作为波士顿市长 一个白人市长
and I saw the duty as a Mayor who's a White Mayor,
一个爱尔兰天主教白人市长
Irish Catholic White Mayor of Boston,
有责任从聆听和学习开始
to start by listening and learning.
这是一件必须要做的重要的事情
And that's something important you have to do because
如果我当候选人时做的那样 只是让他们开始沟通
if you get somebody making conversation and trying to make up answers,
就想得出结果 是行不通的
like I did when I was a candidate, it's not the way to go.
我做候选人的时候尝试过 想看看有什么我能做的
And I did that as a candidate. Trying to see what I could do.
如果我们彼此隔绝 那城市就无法繁荣
A city can't thrive if we're disconnected from each other.
也对我们正在进行的工作很重要
And that's something also important as far as the work that we do moving forward.
种族不平等是我们这个国家最深的鸿沟
Racial disparities are our deepest form of disconnection that we have in this country.
我知道我们无法在波士顿解决这个全美都在面临的问题
And I realize in Boston we can't solve the problems of the United States of America in here.
我们所能做的就是解决我们在波士顿所遇到的问题
What we can do is work on the issues that we're dealing with here in Boston
希望其他城市能看到我们在做什么
and hopefully other cities will see what we're doing
吸取我们失败的经验 不再重蹈覆辙
and mistakes we might make, they won't have to make those mistakes.
对于我们成功的经验
And what is successful in our city,
他们可以借鉴到自身的城市建设中去
they can say OK this is something we can do and use in our cities.
几周前 我们在南卡罗来纳州哥伦比亚市
We were just in Columbia, South Carolina with Mayor Stephen Benjamin
与斯蒂芬·本杰明市长开会 那里大约共有40位市长
a couple weeks ago, about 40 mayors I think there,
我们不可避免地谈到了公平和种族
and inevitably this conversation comes up about equity and race.
我们在全国层面上讨论这些问题
And we tie it into what happens on a national level,
但是我们也认为 本地也可以产生影响
but we also come to saying that the impact can be made locally.
只需要一个城市
All it takes is one city.
只要有一个城市做些什么
One city to do something about it.
然后分享好的经验和方法
To be able to share best practices and ideas.
这就是我们作为市长 市议会 市政局要做的
That's what we do as Mayors, as cities, as city councils.
就是立法机关要做的
That's what legislatures do:
他们相互取长补短 采用最佳做法
they take ideas from each other and use best practices.
我将继续进行这些沟通
I just continue to have these dialogues, continue to have these conversations
希望我们能够持续推动波士顿前进 也推动国家前进
and hopefully we can continue to move forward as a City of Boston, but also as a country.
谢谢
Thank you.
食物银行是波士顿的重要合作伙伴
The Food Bank is a great partner to the City of Boston obviously.
他们与州政♥府♥ 还有我们的卫生与公共服务办公室 食品供应办公室 都有紧密合作
They work closely with our Office of Health and Human Services and Office of Food Access as they do with the State.
他们是波士顿食品供应理事会的成员
They're member of our Boston Food Access Council
我们都知道这种合作关系非常重要
and we all know how important this partnership is.
在波士顿 每六人中就有一人挣扎在温饱线上
One out of every 6 Bostonians struggle with food insecurity.
每六人中就有一人挣扎在温饱线上
One out of every 6 Bostonians struggle with food insecurity.
过去五年 我们每年增加两万个新岗位
We've added 20,000 new jobs every year for the last five years.
波士顿正在开♥发♥90亿美元的新项目
We have $9 billion dollars of new development going on in the City of Boston.
在过去的五年中
We've built almost 28,000
波士顿建造了近28000套新房♥屋
new homes in the City of Boston in the last five years.
波士顿正在繁荣发展
We have great prosperity in the City of Boston right now
但在这里 每六人中就有一人挣扎在温饱线上
and one out of every six Bostonians are struggling with food insecurity.
这是今天的数据
That's the message today.
如何让这个数字变成零
That's something that we need to work together to tackle this issue
是我们要一起解决的问题
to get that number to zero.
没有人应该担忧下一顿饭从哪儿来
No one should have to worry about where their next meal's coming from.
每个人都应该能吃上饭 这是基本的人♥权♥
Everyone deserves access to food and that's everyone's basic human right.
在波士顿 我们应该意识到
In Boston, we need to know that
消除饥饿的工作很重要
work of fighting hunger is important
这项工作的影响必须进一步扩大
and the impact that we're doing in fighting has to go much further.
我不知道美国国会和参议院将如何才能认识到
I don't know what it's going to take the United States Congress and Senate
枪♥支♥立法的必要性
to recognize the need for gun legislation.
在波士顿所发生的自杀案
And also, we can look at Boston and see when we have a homicide in Boston,
往往都与贫穷有关
you can generally tie it back to poverty,
可能是因为辍学 缺乏教育 或因为绝望 等等
maybe dropping out of school, lack of education, desperation, whatever it might be.
我认为没有人真正研究过这些大规模枪击事件
I don't think anyone's ever done a real study on what's going on with these mass shootings.
别的国家不会发生这些大规模枪击事件
These mass shootings don't happen in other countries.
他们只发生在美国
They happen in the United States of America.
他们的目标是老年人 宗教团体 孩子和夜店
They're targeting seniors, religious groups, kids and nightclubs.
这是过去几年里第二次在夜店发生枪击事件
It's the second nightclub shooting in the last couple of years
奥兰多夜店枪击案是第一次
here and Pulse was the first.
必须出♥台♥一些举措
Something has to give here.
不可能一直保护NRA(美国全国步♥枪♥协会)
You can only protect the NRA for so long.
美国全国步♥枪♥协会 他们有义务
They have an obligation, the National Rifle Association,
如果他们不想改变法律
if they don't want to change the laws,
那么就有义务为美国人♥民♥提出一些解决方案
they have an obligation to the American people to come up with some solutions.
我不是要在这里表扬普渡制药
When Purdue Pharma, I'm not going to give him credit here,
但当它因为羟考酮身陷囹圄时
but when Purdue Pharma had their back put up against a wall on oxycodone,
他们努力提供了解决方案
they tried to offer some solutions.
劳工运动 当他们遇到困难时
The Labor Movement, when their back's up against the wall
必须要提出解决方案
they have to come up with solutions.
NRA需要承担提出解决方案的责任
The NRA needs to be held responsible and accountable for coming up with solutions.
如果我们不能通过枪♥支♥立法
And if we can't pass legislation
这也许就是我们必须走的路
maybe that's the route we have to take.
NRA在纵容大规模枪击事件
The NRA is allowing mass shootings to happen
因为他们不允许国会采取任何行动 那就是犯罪
by not letting any action happen in the Congress and that's a sin.
最终目标是使这些东西有用武之地
The ultimate goal is making this stuff usable,
一种方法是到西罗克斯伯里来获取数据
getting out here to West Roxbury is one way to get to this data,
但是如果我们能在线获取 就不必来回奔波
but if we get it all online you don't have to travel all the way up here.
假设有人正在看弗吉尼亚的总督府
Let's say somebody is looking at a governor's mansion in Virginia
并想将它与马萨诸塞州的总督府进行比较
and wants to compare it to the governor's mansion in Massachusetts,
他们甚至不需要做任何多余的事情
they may not even have to do anything more than open a computer
只要打开计算机即可获取我们的所有数据
to get all of our data.
他们可能要发邮件或打电♥话♥
They might have to email or call us to find out
向我们了解一些具体含义
what do we mean by this or that or the other thing,
但是我们的数据越容易得到 就越有用
but the more accessible our data is the more usable it is.
坦白说 它在这里甚至也有用
Frankly, the more usable it is even here.
我找东西的时候
So when I look for something,
我要么知道这2000个盒子中的哪一个装了工艺品
I either have to know which box of the 2000 boxes we have contains the artifact
要么在我们可搜索的数据库中查找然后将其打开
or I can look it up on our searchable database and open it up.
如果研究人员正在寻找特定类型的工艺品
If a researcher comes in looking for a certain type of artifact
那么我就可以搜索整个数据库 查看我们是否拥有
I can actually search our entire database to see if we have it or
拥有数量 以及放置位置
how many do we have and what sites it turns up in.
二十分钟内 我或萨拉就可以找到那个盒子
And within 20 minutes Sarah or I could get out to the box
把它交给研究人员
and pull it for researcher.
运作流程就是这样的 通常我收到研究请求时
Which is how it works. Usually when I get research requests, somebody will say,
他们会说 我想研究一种特定类型的陶瓷
I want to look at one particular type of ceramic.
如果我不知道我们200万个工艺品中哪个是陶瓷
If I don't know where every piece of that ceramic is in our two million artifacts,
即使我知道我们可能有陶瓷 也没法挑出来给他们
I can't make it accessible to them even though I know we might have some of it.
这使得它们可以被
It's making them usable
完全不知道我们拥有这些藏品的人使用
by people who may not even know that we have these collections.
我自己每天仍在了解我们都拥有什么藏品
I, myself am still learning what we have every day.
即使在我们的挖掘过程中
I haven't seen most of this stuff,
这里的很多东西我也没有看到过
even while we were digging,
因为我大部分时间都在家 没有看到实物
because I was in the home most of the time, not seeing the actual artifacts, but...
但我知道有些非常酷
there's some really cool stuff here.
我可以快速讲一下蛤蜊吗 因为蛤蜊真的很酷
Can I talk about the clams real fast because the clams are really cool.
随便讲 我都想听
Take your time. I'll take it all.
我们在挖掘的时候 下到了遗址的最底端
When we were digging we got down to the very bottom of the site
然后我们挖到了一层黏土
and we hit a layer of clay
就是这里的沉积物 在遗迹的最下面
which is this deposit here, in the very bottom of our site.
它是人造的因为其中有一点点砖
It was man made as far as where it came from because there's little bits of brick in it,
我们由此得知它不是天然黏土沉积
so we know it wasn't natural clay deposit.
它是蓝色的黏土 我们称其为波士顿蓝黏土
But it's a blue clay. We call it Boston blue clay.
它是一种海洋黏土 是在冰川消逝后
And it's a marine clay that was deposited by the glacier
沉积而成 它溶解了很多土壤
right after the glacier left. It melted a lot of soil.
总体来说 波士顿的地基被冰川推倒
Basically the ground that Boston is was pushed down by the glacier
当冰川融化时又向下沉了一点
and when the glacier melted it was still down a little bit deep.
就像跳下码头一样 冰川离开后 地面又反弹回来
It's almost like jumping off a dock. The ground bounces up after the glacier leaves.
但是在那之前 海水淹没了波士顿
But before that happened the ocean flooded Boston.
所以大概在一万到一万五千年之间
电影精选列表