是居民许可停车位
resident permit parking there.
我想我就在附近而已
It was just a meter I thought
我在这生活了一辈子了
and I mean I lived in this town my whole life.
我不知道那里有人住
I didn't even know anybody lived down there.
我很久没有去过那里了 所以
I haven't been down there in a long time, so
对我来说 就是在小镇里停个车
for me to park in that part of town
我想到了可能是仅住户可停
and think, wait a minute, this might be resident permit,
就像在希尔或者后湾区
like it was the Hill or like it was the Back Bay
或是南区一样
or like it was the South End.
但就是没看到任何标志
I just didn't see a sign
然后我想九点了应该没问题
and I figured 9:00 I'm fine
可我10点出来的时候就拿到罚单了
and I come out and get a ticket at 10.
我不明白发生了什么 我真的不知道
I can't understand what happened. I don't, I just don't know.
可能是因为 波士顿有些地方
So what could have happened, there are some parts of Boston
会有六点之后的居民停车位
where it's resident permit after six.
因为不能证明那里的街道上没有标识
So without any evidence that there isn't a sign posted on the block,
罚单应该是没错的 但我会把它撤销
more likely it was given correctly, but I'll dismiss it.
你要保证每次停车都要看指示牌
Just make sure every time you park the car
即使你人就在旁边
even if you're at your in meter.
我肯定会比那次查看得更仔细一点
I have to check a little bit harder than I did that night. Certainly.
那天晚上我甚至有个约会 但我还是想
I was even on a date the other night and I'm like:
等会 让她等会
Hold on, I made her wait
我要去看一下标识
I got to check the signs
得找到停车标识才能停
Just keep going until you find a sign there
总会有的
there's always going to be one.
我只是没想到要找
I just didn't think to look.
就像我说的 谁会住在那里
Again, because who lives down there?
显然现在那里住了很多人了
Evidently a lot of people live down there now.
也许新立了一个标识吧 我也不确定
Maybe it's like a new high rise or something, I'm not sure.
原来没有人在那边住
Back in the day, nobody lived down there.
这是决议的复印件 还有其他问题吗
So that's a copy of the decision. Do you have any further questions?
感谢您的听证
Thank you for hearing me
我都错过了我的约会还有其他的事情了
because I missed my date and everything.
- 你错过约会了 - 就像我说的 那个人说可以
- You missed your date? - Like I said, but the guy said you can.
谢谢
Thank you.
除了亚特兰大 其他都没什么问题
Except for Atlantic, nothing's that bad.
别担心 会开始的
Don't worry. It'll get there.
哈罗德大街目前为止也还可以
Harold Street's not bad so far.
现在还可以 但快堵了
So far it's not bad. It's going to be getting bad.
萨姆纳隧♥道♥开始拥堵了
Starting to build up in the Sumner tunnel.
今晚第八大街也还行
8th Street is not bad tonight.
我之前对那里做了一些调整
I made a little adjustments over there earlier.
你想 他们要下高速
You figured they'd start diving off the highway
得从后街穿过去
cutting through the back streets.
是的
You're right.
看样子高速开始堵了
Looks like the highway is starting to slow down.
高速公路开始堵塞了
The expressway's starting to slow down.
大家都去北边滑雪了
Everyone is going north skiing.
得预测交通状况 提前知道问题
Got to stay ahead of the traffic. Got to stay ahead of the problem.
我可能会保留这个调整
I might make this change permanent.
- 哪个 - 阿伯姆路口
- Which one? - Upham's corner.
我一直这样
I'm always doing this.
我就是觉得左转灯不用那么久
I just don't think those left turns need that much green time.
我没见那个路口有那么多左转车
I never see that many cars making the move.
会堵车
It backs up.
有些晚上不会 但是
Some nights it doesn't, but --
但不总是这样的
It don't do it all the time though.
是 一半一半吧
No, but it's 50/50.
再等会 过会就通畅了
Gotta give it time. It will clear up.
这什么情况 违规停车吗
What's that? Double parked?
你好 我是交通指挥中心的凯斯 嗨 你好
HI it's Keith from the Tech Center. Hey, how's it going?
国会街米克尔街这里有辆汽车停在了自行车道上
I've got a vehicle stopped in the bike lane on Congress Street at Milk Street.
好的知道了 谢谢
Great, thanks.
我是波士顿妇女发展市长办公室的执行主任
I am the Executive Director of the Mayor's Office of Women's Advancement here in Boston
各位加入的这个组织如今约有八千位女性成员
and you're now joining a community of almost 8,000 women
这个组织帮助妇女认识个人价值 争取公平薪酬
that have been trained to know their worth and demand fair pay.
你们可能也知道波士顿的拉丁裔数据是通过我们本地调研得来的
You may know that Latinas in Boston through the data that we measure locally,
波士顿是唯一一个计算这些薪酬差距的城市
and we are the only city that measures these pay gaps locally,
在波士顿 拉丁女性的工资仅为白人男性的49%
Latinas are making 49 cents to the White man's dollar in Boston.
而放眼全国 这一数字
And then the figure nationally
略有不同 但也差不多 这也就是今天 拉丁女性平等薪酬日设立的原因
is slightly different, but almost the same which makes today Latina Equal Pay Day.
我们只有持续工作到11月1日
We have to work up until November 1st
才能和白人男性去年赚得一样多
to make the same amount of money that White men made last year.
如果你们和我一样对此感到震惊和失望
And so if you think that's shocking and depressing as I do,
这就是你们来到这里的原因
that's why you're here.
我想说声谢谢 你们帮助实现这项方案
And I wanted to say thank you. You are part of the solution.
我们有一项双管齐下 或者说三管齐下的方案
We have a two or three prong solution
这是我们妇女发展市长办公室共同努力的成果
that we're working on putting together at the Mayor's Office of Women's Advancement.
第一步 我们要提高自己 让自己强大
The first part of it is training ourselves, empowering ourselves
学习如何驾驭这个体系
and learning how to navigate the system as it is.
我们承认这个体系是不公平的
So we acknowledge that the system is unfair and that
薪资不公平不是我们个人的过错 不是因为拉美人的身份
it's not our individual fault that we are experiencing this pay gap as Latinas.
而是因为存在某些方面 我们可以改善的地方
But there is something that we ourselves can do about it and that is
那就是学习如何协商 了解我们的工作 认识到自己的价值
learning to negotiate, learning our work, our worth,
好好研究一下 为自己争取到公平的待遇
doing our research and then demanding fair pay.
同时 妇女发展市长办公室理解
At the same time at the Mayor's Office of Women's Advancement we do understand
这第一步的作用是有限的 所以另一方面
that's only going to get us so far, so on the other hand
我们正着力修补这个体系 填平差异
we are working on fixing that system and leveling it off so that
这样大家才能公平竞争
we are playing in a more equal play field.
这就需要大家同雇主多多合作
What that entails is doing a lot of work with employers.
在这里你们将学习如何协商 如何寻求个人价值
So that you guys will learn how to negotiate and demand your worth here,
当然另一头人员也必须行动起来
they have to be ready for that on the other end.
我们和波士顿地区两百多名雇主谈过这个问题
We work with more than 200 employers in the greater Boston area to talk about this issue,
让他们自己计算一下薪资差距 然后大家聚到一起
to get them to measure their own wage gaps and then to come together,
学习并策划解决问题的方案
and learn and propose strategies for what they're going to do about it.
我们需要想想如何定义这个角色
Part of it is, how do you figure out for this role,
我怎么知道我应该得到更多的报酬
how do I know that I should be getting paid more?
或者除了薪水之外我还应该得到其他什么东西 那是什么
Or that I should even get anything outside of just a paycheck? What is that?
而多亏了互联网的出现
With the advent, thank goodness, of the Internet,
这样的信息唾手可得
that type of information is very readily available.
所以我很早就认识到
So one of the things that I did learn
这里也同样感谢那名经理 因为我们曾就一个问题有过争论
at an early stage thanks to the same manager, because we had a conflict at one point.
关于我穿的裙子长短问题
And it was a conflict about the size of my skirt.
这件事教了我一课 让我学到如何协商 于是我也开始研究
It taught me one of these lessons, a good negotiating point and why I researched.
有人指责我的裙子太短
Somebody complained that my skirt was too short.
请注意 放到现在来看 这就像你穿了一条及膝的裙子
Now mind you compared to these days, woo. It was like having knee length skirt.
但我反问他 你会对一名男性说这样的话吗
But I asked him: would you ask or say something, say the same thing to a man?
我的意思是在那时候
I mean obviously at that time,
男性可不会因为自己的所作所为受到指摘
men didn't have the option they do or --
那时候男女性别对立还不算个话题 我们不怎么谈论
non-binary wasn't a thing then, so we didn't have those types of conversations.
接着他说 我要告诉你
Then he said I'm going to teach you something.
我不在乎你是男的还是女的
I don't care if you're a woman or a man.
他说 难道你希望人们因为你是女的就想到你的裙子长短吗
He said do you want people to think about these things because you're a woman
难道你希望他们注意到你身为女性你自己代入的那些价值吗
or do you want them to think about the value that you bring into your role?
所以说他的确教会了我点东西 因此
And so, he did teach me that, so part of that was
每次我投入新的角色 帮助其他人时
every time when I go for a new role, or I'm helping someone,
我会先去寻找这个角色中的男性女性
I say go look up what a man and a woman's making for that role.
看看他们做了什么
Find out what they're making here
找找在其他地区他们在做什么
and what they're making in other parts of the country.
以何种规模 然后再用男性的标准去衡量
Find out what that scale is, and then use the men's scale.
另一点就是 当你说到明晰个人价值时
The other thing too, when you talk about knowing your value is:
除了文件上的这一数字
besides that number on a piece of paper,
你还应该协商什么 这也是在互联网上做调查
what else should you be negotiating for? And that's one of the great things
最为关键的事情之一
about doing your research between the Internet,
公♥司♥的待遇如何 其他人赚多少钱
what the company's offering and what other people are making.
你还有机会拿奖金吗
Do you have bonus potential?
有安置费吗 包含相关培训吗
Are you moving expenses? Do you have training that's involved, or
或者有专业组织的会员资格吗
memberships for professional associations?
有这么多事情可以协商
There's so many things that you can actually negotiate,
这些都该摆在台面上谈谈
they should all be on the table.
电影精选列表