并从社区角度达成更多共识
and really build more consensus around from the community's perspective
关于他们作为社区福利体想看到什么
as to what they would like to see as a community benefit.
你列出来的很多
Much of what you listed out
当然 NAACP 我不觉得他们需要1000平方英尺的土地
of course NAACP, I'm not sure they need 1,000 square feet of space.
其他有一些是高尚的事业
And some of the others that are noble endeavors
但有可能还有其他的吗
but could there be others?
那会特别对这个地方重要吗
And that make more sense particularly for this site?
所以我就想听到说
So I would just like to hear,
我觉得不仅是IAG团体
I think from not only the IAG group,
还有来自社区
but also from the community
让社区福利过程能更
and have that community benefits process be more
包含社区所想要的
inclusive of what the community wants,
而不是开♥发♥商的人脉
as opposed to relationships
所能帮助的特定群体
that developers have with specific groups of people.
可能实际不是这样 但看起来是
It may not be that thing, but it can look like that.
让我们对此更加深入讨论一下
For us to go a little deeper on that.
我想回应
I would like to respond.
我们尝试
We tried to get out ahead of...
在每次提出提议之前
Anytime we put in a proposal
在提议中加入社区收益的思考部分
as part of that we think about the benefits back to the community.
还有 我认为罗克斯伯里战略大♥师♥计划前瞻委员
And I think the Roxbury Strategic Master Plan Oversight Committee
会提出疑问
asks the question,
为什么克鲁兹的提议得到了收益
how come the Cruz's proposal has benefits
而其他都没有呢
and none of the other's had them?
这是因为我们总是积极应对
And it's because we always try to be proactive.
所以我们能一直进行讨论
So we can always have a discussion.
约翰总是乐于
You know John's always open to
沟通和思考的
having conversations and considering things.
但我们向NAACP做出书面承诺
But we made a commitment to the NAACP in writing.
我们给他们提供的不只是十年的免费空间
That not only would we give them free space for 10 years...
不是说我有多老
Not to date myself
但在我小时候 NAACP是坐落在弥撒大街
but when I was growing up the NAACP was on Mass Ave
很显眼的一侧
the prominent side.
开车经过就能看见
You drive by you see them
你会产生民族骄傲感 因为你知道他们的使命
you had ethnic pride because you knew their mission.
不幸的是 现在
Now, unfortunately
他们搬到了没人能看见他们的华盛顿公园商场
they're in the Washington Park Mall where no one sees them.
所以我们觉得
So we thought it was an excellent idea
应该让他们更有存在感 起码要比达德利广场好
to have them visible, where better than in Dudley Square.
大家来的时候能看到
When people come down.
所以我们跟他们达成了共识
So we made that agreement with them.
我们也一致同意 筹建一个每年5000美元
We also made an agreement to fund a scholarship
至少十年的奖学金 他们有权决定
at $5,000 a year for at least 10 years that they would have the control
获奖人 我们不会干涉
to determine who got it. We wouldn't be involved in that at all,
只给他们提供资金
just from the vantage point of giving them the money.
还有和青年建设 它很出色
And with YouthBuild. YouthBuild does a great job.
如果你们不了解的话 谷歌♥一下
If you're not aware of them just Google them.
不是说很多组织做得不好
Not that a lot of organizations don't
但他们是真的很棒
but they do a great job
让那些接来下只能
taking our troubled youth
监禁或者不得不转变生活的青年
and turning them around when their next step is either incarceration
他们的生活好起来
or they have to turn their lives around.
所以我们认为做出承诺
And so we thought that that was a high priority
和提供工作对我们来说
for us to make a commitment on
是首要工作 其实我们之前和他们合作过
and providing jobs. We've worked with them before, in fact
约翰在大概过去10至15年
John has hired
已经雇佣了至少10名
at least 10 YouthBuild graduates
青年建设组织的毕业生
in probably the last 10 or 15 years
因为我们知道这非常重要
because we think it's so important.
就像有前科的人一样
It's like ex-offenders.
他们需要一个机会 新的机会
They need a chance. They need another chance.
所以 社区福利的试译
So, conversation on community benefits
不是没有讨论 但我们提供的那些
is not off the table, but the ones that we've given
感觉像是给那些人 那些组织的承诺
we feel like we've given our word to those people,
我们很难告诉他们说
to those organizations. It would be hard to go back and say,
我们改主意了
we've changed our mind.
社区福利是应该由社区驱动的
Community benefits should be driven by the community.
关注点应该来自社区本身
It should have its focus come from the community.
我理解你作为一个开♥发♥商 还有其他人
I understand that you as a developer and others want to, some of you,
想提出这些 将其提上日程
not all developers want to get ahead of that and put on the table,
这些有价值的 长♥期♥的社区福利
meaningful, long term community benefits.
因为不是一回事 这更像是为了城市做贡献
'Cause that's the other thing and this is also more for the City that
社区福利不应该是一锤子买♥♥卖♥♥ 应该是长♥期♥的工作
community benefits shouldn't just be a shot in the arm. It should be long term.
它应该 应
It should be, it should you know,
在社区中建立公平
build equity in the community.
这是我的担忧 我担心
That's my concern and my concern is that the voice
关于社区福利零散的声音
that carries that piece around community benefit
会引起社区的共鸣
resonates and comes from the community.
我今天来这是讲述自己的故事
I'm here today to tell my story on
我是怎么样停在消防龙头前的
how I got in front of the hydrant
还有我为什么这么做
and why I'm in front of the hydrant.
首先我不否认自己停在那了
First of all I'm not denying I parked there.
我停在那是不对的
I was wrong in parking there.
我是怎么停在那了呢
How I ended up there?
我单位年度最大会议
My industry's biggest conference of the year
是在9月22号♥和23号♥ 这是我知道的
is September 22, 23rd. That's something I know.
这也恰好是我妻子预产期前两周
It's also happened to be two weeks before my wife's due date.
要不要去参加会议成了我这一年的大问题
It was a big debate throughout the year if I should go, if I should not go.
那个会议是在缅因州的罗克兰
That conference was in Rockland, Maine.
所以不出意外
So predictably,
9月23号♥ 周二晚上 我收到一通电♥话♥
Tuesday night, September 23rd, I get a phone call
我的妻子出现宫缩了
my wife's having contractions.
我马上赶回家 从缅因州的罗克兰 巴哈珀地区
And I race home to, from Rockland, Maine, Bar Harbor area.
我开车三个半 四个小时回家
So I drive home three and a half, four hours.
东波士顿已经过半夜了
It's East Boston past midnight.
我家两公里内没有停车位了
There's no parking anywhere within two miles of my house.
我是个新手父亲
I'm a first time father, new father.
我不知道等待我的是什么
I have no idea what to expect.
我就想找到个停车位
I just have to get a parking spot.
凌晨两点半 我就停在了消防栓前面
2:30 in the morning I park in front of the hydrant.
第二天我醒来时
I wake up the next day
我的车上不只有一张而是有两张罚单
and there's not one, but two tickets on my car.
所以我就来这了 告诉你们我错了
So, I'm here, letting you know I was wrong,
但作为一个精疲力竭 压力巨大 疲劳的新手父亲
but as an exhausted, stressed, tired new father
我还面临着一堆医疗账单
that is facing a pile of medical bills
希望你们能撤销其中一张罚单
asking for reprieve from one of those tickets.
基于你提供的证据
Based on the evidence you provided,
以及写罚单的警官提供的证据
as well as the evidence provided by the Officer who wrote the tickets,
综合考虑我能考虑的因素 从法律角度来说
factoring what I'm allowed to factor in, legally speaking
我今天会驳回申请
I should deny the appeal today.
但我现在会免除你两张罚单
What I'm going to do however instead I'm going to dismiss both tickets.
一张变成警告 还有一张是最终警告
One with a warning the other with a final warning.
这意味着几件事
That means is a couple of things.
首先 在以后你要确保
First, in the future you got to make sure
你停车的位置
you check where you park
尤其是在这种情况下
because especially with issues like this,
没有停车标志和车位
and with no stop or stands
他们有权拖走你的车
they can tow the car if they really wanted to.
这对你来说没有任何好处的
Which would not have been helpful in this entire process for you.
其次 如果你提出上诉的话 你需要带齐所有证据
Second, if you filed an appeal you do need to bring
来支撑你的证词
all evidence that you have that can corroborate any testimonies,
书面文件 收据 照片等等
paperwork, receipts, photos, whatever.
然后 今天你不需要支付罚金了
And third, means you don't have to pay anything today.
太感谢你了
Thank you very much.
根据记录 我们今天是要处理754471406号♥罚单
For the record we're here today for ticket 754471406
在2019年9月8号♥的仅住户可停车区
issued to us in a resident permit only on 8/9/2019
是在343国会街 上午10点09分
at 10:09 p.m. at 343 Congress Street.
所以你有什么证据证明这张罚单是不该出的
So what can you do to prove the ticket was given incorrectly.
想要让我证明这个错误比较困难 但是
It's tough for me to prove the ticket was given incorrectly, but --
我停车的时候那里没有任何标志
when I parked the car there wasn't any sign for
电影精选列表