不能走常规路线
and they can't go on the standard route.
几乎每天都会出现这种情况
It happens almost every day.
我们完全可以在这方面进行合作
So I think we can definitely collaborate on that.
我会写一份文件
I'll put together a letter
让州议会的主管签字 寄给您
and have it signed by the Superintendent of the State House to send to you.
好极了
Great.
我自己的亲身经历
To me this is personal.
我七岁时 被确诊癌症
When I was seven years old I was diagnosed with cancer.
我在达纳法伯癌症研究所的儿童医院
For 4 years I was treated at the Children's Hospital
接受了4年的治疗
in Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
每天都在我身旁出现的人 有医生
And the people that were in our corner every single day, the doctors were there,
但更多的时候 是护士
but around the clock it was the nurses.
我们熟悉的是护士
It was the nurses who we got to know.
是她们安慰我的父母
It was the nurses who comforted my parents.
帮助每个人
It was the nurses who helped everybody.
牵着我的手 告诉我不要害怕
It was the nurses that held my hand.
护士们给了我一生中的一切 我从未忘记
It was the nurses that did everything in my life and I never forgot that.
这对我们所有人来说都非常重要 请永远不要忘记
And it's something that's really important for all of us never to forget.
因为在医院里 需要帮助时
Because in a time of need in the hospital
是护士出现在你的床边
it's the nurses that show up at your bedside.
是护士安慰了你的家人
It's the nurses that comfort your families.
是护士陪在你身边
It's the nurses that are there for you.
我要对这一切表示感谢
And I want to thank you for that.
我想说的是 这就是我此时此刻在这里的原因
And I want to let you know that that's why I'm here today.
当我需要照顾
Because when I needed to be taken care of
我的家人需要照顾时
and my family needed to be taken care of,
是护士照料着他们
it was the nurses that took care of my family.
感谢你们的付出
So thank you for that.
佩德罗和我 就波士顿的阿片类药物危机
Pedro and I have talked pretty extensively about
对一些所做的工作进行了广泛的讨论
some of the work that's been being done on the opioid crisis in Boston.
佩德罗对这项工作 特别有兴趣
Pedro expressed a particular interest in that work
包括我们如何通过官方传媒 告知公众
and in exploring how we might use public art to inform or tell a story,
或者我们能为危机采取的补救措施
or whatever it is we want to do about that particular crisis.
我上次告诉他 我们正特别关注的几个事项
So I told him the last time we met about a couple things in particular.
互动中心
The Engagement Center
在长岛尝试建立康复中心
and also the effort to build a Recovery Campus on Long Island.
我们觉得 让从事艺术创造和文化工作的团队
And thought it would be a good idea to put together this particular team
和康复中心协作
who are working on arts and culture and the Recovery Campus and the whole of other things
看看我们是否
to have a conversation and see if there's something we might be
能在艺术和康复领域做些什么
thinking about doing in art and recovery.
一点小小的 有意义的努力
Something small or something significant, I don't know.
但如果有很多人愿意
But it seems there's a great opportunity if there are
帮我们讲述康复中心或参与中心的故事
patrons around who might like to help us
这是个很大的机会
tell the story of the Recovery Campus or of the Engagement Center.
因此 我试着去思考
So I'd like to try and figure out how to,
如果要完成这个目标的话
if that's something that you want to explore,
该如何帮你
to figure out how to get your access to
与这两方沟通
these two places that we are talking about.
有趣的是
What's interesting is that Long Island,
如果考虑将长岛
if you think about being the place that is the long term
作为一个长♥期♥的康复地点
sort of recovery place for people,
可以一定程度上 为城市中有需要的人
kind of completing our continuum of care
提供持续的帮助
that we offer as a city.
互动中心是比较初级的
The Engagement Center is really the low end.
但它是康复的开始
It is the thing that starts the continuum of care.
用官僚的话说 就是低门槛的空间
In bureaucratic speak called a low threshold space
那些被赶出收♥容♥所♥的人
because even people who are kicked out of shelters,
不在援助计划里的人
people kicked out of programs,
无论精神状态如何
are allowed to be there
只要你充分尊重这个地方
you can be in any state of mind
你就可以去那里
as long as you're respecting the space.
可以来睡觉 也可以来玩游戏
You can come and sleep, you can come and play games,
这是一些这个中心的图片
You'll see some pictures of it.
我们会尽力构建 一个好的环境
What's interesting is that we try to make the best of what we had.
基本上 是一个有各种结构的储物帐篷
So It was a storage tent basically.
比如 会有空调
Like with a structure like it has air conditioning
和一切房♥子里应该有的设备
and it has things you'd find in a building
但它仍然是帐篷
but it's still canvas.
因此很快
And so, very quickly
城市中各个角落的人 都会聚集在这里
the most random assortment of ragtag gang of people in the City from many departments
探索如何把这个地方 变得宜居
came together and figured out what to do with this space to make it habitable,
但更重要的是
but more importantly
把它变成 大家想要的样子
to make it a place that people wanted to be.
我们确实希望这个地方
Because we really wanted this to be a place
成为轻松友善的空间
where you're not on the recovery spectrum yet.
你不一定在开始康复过程中
You're no necessarily wanting recovery.
可能是 可能不是
Maybe you are, maybe you aren't.
这里只是一个可以停留的去处
It's just a place for people to go
让人们不再住在大街上
so that they're not on the streets,
不再有失足跌落
so they're not in danger of falling into the highway,
高速公路的危险
because that's where this is located.
只是一个可以真正做自己的地方
And just a place where people could be their full selves.
这对人们很重要 因为它是很多人的家
It's important to people. It's home for a lot of people.
然后 接着萨布里纳说的
To follow up on what Sabrina said,
在谈论的艺术时
you were talking about your art in a way
我们谈论某些艺术方法
that we've been talking about some of the artistic approaches here
我们想把它通过大众艺术进行表达
and we sort of discussed around a civic art.
这不仅是公众的艺术
It's art that is not just public.
不仅是用来观赏的艺术
It's not just there to see,
除了一些目的
but rather there's some purpose,
或者艺术家 或社区工作人员的描述
or the artist or the community can articulate
它到底是怎样运作的
this is doing, this is this.
我们应该怎样将它投入使用
This is how we're going to put it to use.
而不是仅仅因为 它的外观
And here it's not just because it looks nice.
这样看似微不足道的事
It's the little teeny things that like
促使人们来到康复中心
push people into recovery.
呼吸新鲜空气
The little breath of fresh air.
与周围的人交流 让那天变得有意义
Being able to talk to somebody that gives some meaning to your day.
这是康复中心的意义
And that is totally what this space could always use.
这是我们投入项目的第二年
We're year 2 into this.
我们将资金投入资本预算
We put some money in the capital budget for
建造永久性的空间
a permanent space at some point,
但我们不知道 实际需要多长时间
but we have no idea how long it's going to take to actually do that.
而同时 这里被利用得很好
In the meantime, this space is being very well utilized.
耗材速度
To the point where things are wearing out faster
比我们预计的要快
than we would like them to. That's sort of thing.
我们尽力确保这个地方
So very cognizant of trying to make sure that
能让大家宾至如归
the place is welcoming and a good place for people to be.
但政♥府♥希望
But the administration is committed to
参与中心能持续运作
keeping an engagement center in some form
能够永久使用
and running pretty much permanently at this point.
已经有很多人
There are a number of people who have found their way
住在这里开始了康复之路 这很重要
to recovery through the Engagement Center. It's important.
就像史蒂夫所说 这是一个门槛很低的地方
It's like Steven said, it's a low threshold space.
有很多人
These are folks who
可能还没有意识到这一点
might not have even thought about that yet.
但至少 他们可以在这里寻求帮助
But at least having the ability to ask for help,
我想这里环境
be right in front of you makes it
可能更容易寻求帮助
I think probably a little bit more likely that you might actually ask for help.
友好的环境 让你可以迈出第一步
A friendly space allows you to take that first step.
- 跳板 - 不只是一步 - 没错
- Springboard. - Not even a step. - Yeah.
这里不强制人们参与治疗
Because there's no expectation of recovery.
不像其他的公共服务
it's not like most other services,
去那里不是因为 你真的准备好了
you don't go there because you're ready necessarily.
可以只是去那里 拿一些零食
You can go there just to get your snack,
但也许随着时间推移
but then over enough time
这些就是人们积极治疗的动力
maybe that will be the thing that springs you forward.
这里可以
You got everything from
为需要隐私的人提供空间
'hey I'm looking for a coed space that I can be with my partner'
有些人被市政♥府♥其他公共设施拒绝时
to 'I've been barred from all the other spaces that the City provides,
电影精选列表