To go above and beyond something that was instructed us to do by the City,
我们就按照城市的要求去做
we just do what the City asks us to do.
现在我要说的是 忘掉犯罪 勇往直前地去做吧
Now to say forget about crime, just go ahead and do that.
我们不能 我们今晚听了 我们也应该听
We can't. We listened tonight and we shall.
我们得组织一下 然后赶到城里
We need to get organized and get to the City then.
我们得主管这个过程
We need to change this process.
我代表鲍登日内瓦社区
I represent the Bowdoin Geneva community.
这是一个很棒的社区 但它的公共卫生结果却是最差的
It's an amazing community, but that has some of the worst public health outcomes.
如果你看看今天我们联邦监狱的地理分布
If you look at the geography of incarceration today in our Commonwealth,
马萨诸塞监狱中大约60%的人
about 60 % of the people in the Massachusetts jails
来自我部分代表的邮政编码
actually come from the zip codes that I partially represent.
所以我想问几个
And so I want to just ask a couple questions
选民问我的问题 首先 我只在办公室待了7周
that constituents brought to me. First, I've only been in office 7 weeks.
州政♥府♥没有做好本职工作
The State didn't do a good job
我在每一次大♥麻♥会议上都这么说
and I've said this at every cannabis meeting
因为申请人在教育居民
because applicants are educating residents
一些本该由州政♥府♥和市政♥府♥来做的事情
about things that should have been done by State and City government.
至少那是我的想法
At least that's my opinion.
所以我邀请了新兴产业办公室和委员会的人
And so I offered to bring the Office of emerging industries and the Commission
来和我们的社区直接交流 因为我们有一些问题
to come and talk to our community directly because we have questions
无法通过
that can't be answered
询问申请人和与居民进行激动人心的对话来回答
by asking an applicant and having an agitated conversation with the residents.
首先 这是整个城市最多元化的社区之一
The first is this is one of the most diverse communities in the entire City.
它是多尔切斯特最穷的地方
It is the poorest part of Dorchester.
有90%的有色人种
It's over 90 % of color.
我的问题是 你的队伍中有没有
My question is do you have anybody on your team
代表这个社区的主要种族之一的人
that represents one of the major ethnic groups in this community?
我知道越南人占例20% 因此答案可能是肯定的
I know the Vietnamese community is 20 % so that answered probably yes.
我不想假装亚洲人
I don't want to assume Asian identity.
第二 大规模监禁也对我们的社区产生了深远的影响
Two, also mass incarceration has deeply impacted our community
当这条法律第一次通过时 我知道很多人去投票
and when this law was first passed I know a lot of people went to vote
因为我们想纠正错误
because we wanted to right the wrongs
以及我们的社区因为毒品战争而发生的事情
of also what has happened to our community because of the war on drugs.
你的队伍中有没有人
Do you have anybody on your team
受此影响 或者你有没有想过这件事
that has been impacted by that or have you thought about that?
第三 我们都知道托管协议是普通基金
Third, we know that the host agreement goes into a general fund,
因此另一个我想问的问题是 你们有没有作为一个队伍
so the other question I had is have you discussed as a team
讨论过你们将如何为这个社区集♥合♥所有资源的事
how you will put resources together for this community
社区有很多的资源
that is highly under resourced,
并且市政♥府♥和州政♥府♥很诚实
also by the City and State government to be quite honest,
但是现在有紧急需求
but there's an immediate needs on this --
在这条没有像尼庞西特或低工厂那样的
in this corridor that are not represented in areas like
代表的走廊里 日内瓦的鲍登会议
Neponset or in Lower Mills. That the Bowdoin Geneva specifically
受到了糟糕的政策和资源的严重影响 这就是
been deeply impacted by bad policy and under resources. So those were
三个问题 你们会开第二次会议或谈话吗
three questions and are you open to a second meeting or conversation?
这个地区有42%佛得角人
This district is 42 % Cape Verdean
在这些会议删花费了很多时间 我大概看到4或5个佛得角的美国人
and a lot of the times at these meetings, I might see 4 or 5 Cape Verdean Americans,
但是没有一句是用我们的语言翻译的
but nothing is translated in our language
所以我发现他们甚至都没有参与
and so what I find is that they're not even participating
这些谈话 不是因为他们不想
in these conversations, not because they don't want to.
他们在乎这个社区 但是你不会想走进一个
They care about this community, but you're not going to walk into a room
人们不讲你的语言 也不会试着为你翻译的空间
where they don't speak your language or try to have things translated for you.
所以我只是想知道你们会不会进行另一次
So I just wanted to know if you'd be open to another --
因为你只要求开一次会议
because you're only required to have one meeting,
所以问题是你会进行另一次谈话吗
so the question is are you open to another conversation?
这些就是我想分享的点 这些点来自于
So those are the points that I want to share that mainly came from constituents
今晚无法到场的选民
who couldn't be here tonight,
我的部分工作就是代表他们的利益并分享观点
so part of my job is to represent their interest and share that.
有人早些提出了关于
Somebody brought up a comment earlier about
当他们走进这些店里时 看不到
when they walk into these particular stores they don't really see
他们的代表的评论
a representation of themselves.
我想说的是我们还没开门
Well I do want to note that we're not open yet.
这样我们就有了这个街区的代表
And so we will have representation of this neighborhood.
很多人要求我们对那个数字进行深入调查
A lot of people have asked us to drill down hard on that number.
那是个商业问题 我没有答案 因为
That's a business question. I don't have that answer for you because
那在我们的商业计划讨论中没有被回答
that has not been answered during our business plan discussions.
但是我们愿意和有关的所有人进行更多的
But we're willing to have more conversations and more dialogue with everybody
交流和对话 就像你在第一个评论中说的
that should be involved. As you stated in your first comment
政♥府♥在这方面没有做得很好
before saying anything else that the State didn't do a very good job on this.
而且我感觉申请人应该是能阐明和启发公众的人
And I felt the applicant's the guy that has to elucidate and enlighten the public.
我们已经那样做过了
And we've done that.
通过我们自己的口袋 通过我们自己的估量和我们自己的勇气做过
Through our own pockets, through our own measures and through our own grit.
我们不想看到这个行业落寞
We don't want to see this industry fall.
因为确实 多尔切斯特受到了不成比例的影响
Because yes, Dorchester has been disproportionately affected by this.
我们没有人站出来
I don't see anybody else stepping up
真的说 让我们拯救多尔切斯特 真的着手开始吧
to really say hey, let's bring this to Dorchester and really make this happen.
你可以看到很多科罗拉多人
You see a lot of Colorado people,
你可以看到很多华盛顿人 也可以看到很多加州人
you see a lot of Washington people, you see a lot of California people.
但在衰落时代 屏障很高高
But the barrier is so high during the DPH era,
对你们来说 任何想过在多尔切斯特使用医用大♥麻♥
for you to get into this that it was nigh impossibility
的人 这都是不可能的
for anybody thinking of bringing a medical marijuana establishment to Dorchester.
你说的六位数都让人听不见
You're talking high six figures to even be heard,
所以你不仅被你们社区的逮捕率
so not only have you been disproportionately affected
不成比例地影响
by having your members of your community arrested,
而现在还有经济屏障等着你去解决
and now there is an economic barrier for you to go ahead and overcome
这样你才能在已经影响了你的生活和下一代的行业经商
just so you can do business in this industry that has affected your life
下一代的行业经商
and generations down the road.
我们不是那种人 不会进来说
We're not the type of people that's going to come in and say
我能打头阵 替你们解决这些事
I can go ahead and clean this up for you.
我不是那种人 但是我能向你们保证的是
I'm not that type of person. But what I can pledge to you
我们能相聚在这里
is that we can come down here
进行讨论 与每个人坦诚交谈
and have discussions and frank conversations with everybody
以确保我们包含了尽可能多的人
to make sure we include as many people as we can.
我们不能为每一个人做所有事
We can't do everything for everyone,
但是我们能为很多人做很多事
but we can do a lot of things for a lot of people.
但是还是 我们还没有开始 给我们机会下来
But again, we are not open yet. Give us the opportunity to come down
给你们展示我们的奖章 看看我们到底是什么
and really show you our medal and show you what we're really all about.
并且让州政♥府♥知道 他们做的事
And let the State know that what they did
还有他们一直在做的事并不是正确的
and what they have been doing is not the correct process.
在你们的帮助之下 我们可以上前让他们知道
And with your help we can go ahead and let them know
我们可以克服那个情况 使这个社区好起来
that we can overcome that situation and bring this neighborhood around.
这是波士顿最穷的社区
This is the poorest neighborhood in Boston.
你们大家伙难道不想要经济发展吗
Do you guys not want economic development?
你们大家难道不想成为
Do you guys not want to be a piece of something
夺走你的生活的东西的一部分吗
that has taken your lives away from you?
我是这一切的催化剂 我可以做到 我期待帮助你们
I'm the catalyst for that and so be it. I can do it. I look forward to helping you
你们也帮助我 我们共同完成这一切
and you helping me and we can accomplish this together.
我们看到在座的每一个人
We see everyone who's at the table here,
作为一个团体 我们需要确保他们能承担责任
and as a community we need to make sure that we're holding them accountable.
所以我们现在不应该只是说说而已
So we shouldn't just be saying this now in the moment,
我们真的需要让每一个参与此事的人负起责任
but we really need to take everybody who has a hand in this to task.
事情没有正确地运转起来
When things are not working correctly
因为你们都得生活在这里 我们有在这里工作的人
because you all have to live here. We have people who work here.
我们有在这里待了很多年也在乎这个社区的人
We have people who care about this community who's been here for many years,
他们费尽心思将我们凝聚起来
putting in the hard work and effort to get ourselves together.
因此我们的方法是每次有人对我们说了什么
And so the way we do that is every time somebody says something to us,
我们一定要反驳
let's make sure we're going back to them.
我们确保他们能承担责任
And let's make sure that we're holding them accountable.
不要让今晚成为我们唯一一次坚持这么做的时间
And let this evening not be the only time where we're continuing to do that.
因为如果我们这么做了 你知道会怎样吗 就会有另一个情况
Because if we do that, you know what? It's just going to be another situation,
老样子 老样子 我们还是要承担后果
same old, same old and we get to hold the crappy end of the stick.
我们已经这么做好多年了
And we've been doing that for many years
让人们接受挑战 让人们承担任务吧
and so let's hold folks to the fire and let's hold folks to task.
后面桌子上回放些商业卡片 如果你们有评价
There'll be business cards on the back table. If you have comments
你可以来电或你也可以发封电子邮件
you can call up or you can shoot an email.
我们会尽职尽责 确保看到它们并记录在案
We'll be responsive and we'll make sure it's noted and it's on file.
一年前我们第一次见面使用恢复项目时
We talked about this you know from a year ago when we first met to talk about
我们就讨论过这个 通过我们的项目雇佣一个建筑师
utilizing the restore program. Hiring an architect through our program
与你们或你们的家人合作 真正提高你们的企业
to work with you and your family, to really elevate your business.
我知道其中一个其他的目标很 我是说这是一个很成功的超♥市♥
I know one of the other goals was really, I mean this is a very successful supermarket.
我认为你们有很忠诚的顾客基础
电影精选列表