因为建筑行业是非常不错的工作
is really important because the construction jobs end up being pretty good jobs.
其中一部分内容是
And so part of that
与工会及其他组织建立合作渠道 来确保我们拥有多元化的工作团队
is creating a pipeline in working with the Unions and others to make sure that we have a diverse workforce
从而达到那些指标
so that we can hit those numbers.
坦率地说 另一点是市里刚刚在招标书上
The other one frankly though is the new good jobs policy
宣布的新的良好就业政策
that the City just announced on RFPs.
市长宣布 对于任何有待处置的城市土地
So any City land that is being disposed of,
我们都将对有关其开♥发♥建造的固定工作
the Mayor announced that we will be looking for a good jobs analysis, or a good jobs program
进行良好的岗位分♥析♥
for the permanent jobs that will be built or attracted to
或寻求好的工作项目
the developments built on City land.
因为我们没有必要的法律手段限制最低工资
We don't have the necessary legal levers to demand certain wages,
所以我们为好工作的定义
so we set criteria definition for what good jobs are
设定了工资 福利和工作环境的标准
and certain wages and benefits and conditions.
我们希望开♥发♥商对此做出回应
And we want the developer to respond to that.
一旦开♥发♥商做出回应说
Once the developer responds to that program and says
这是我们要在波士顿社区和市民的见证下做的事情
here's what we're going to do in front of the community and of the City,
我们就可以把将在这片土地上发生的事情
we will then codify them in the City agreement
编进城市协议中
to what's going to happen on that land.
我们在出租土地
We are leasing the land so we will have
因此我们有足够的法律筹码 在合同上
serious legal levers on any lease
对他们应提供的稳定岗位做出要求
on what they should be doing with permanent jobs.
在小企业方面 根据美联储的
On the small business side, the other piece is following the
《财富之色》报道 我们确实认为
Federal Reserve Bank in Boston Color of Wealth Report, we do believe that there is
财富的创造策略有种族差异
an ethnic strategy to wealth creation.
不同族裔在处理财富和创造财富方面有很大不同
So the ethnic groups are very different in how they approach wealth and wealth creation.
那么如何与移♥民♥社区交谈
So, how do you have the conversation with the immigrant communities?
不同的移♥民♥社区情况也很不一样
And the different immigrant communities look very different.
一些移♥民♥社区的失业率很高
Some immigrant communities are high unemployment
一些移♥民♥社区的就业率很高
so their employment rate for some of the immigrant communities.
佛得角 一个移♥民♥区 来自西非
Cape Verdean's, which is an immigrant group here, from West Africa,
他们的就业率就非常高
their employment numbers are really high,
但他们的企业家人数非常少
but their entrepreneur numbers are really low.
就业率高保障了收入 但与富有毫无关联
It does something for income, but does nothing for wealth.
你该怎样与这样的社区进行沟通
How do you have that conversation with that community;
当你观察波士顿的黑人社区时 会发现他们千差万别
When you look at the Black community which is very diverse in Boston,
美国本土黑人是一种情况
when you look at the U.S. Blacks, it's one picture.
来自加勒比海的黑人 又是另一种情况
When you look at Caribbeans, the Blacks from the Caribbean, it's a different picture.
你如何去思考 那里正发生什么
How do you help to think about what's happening there
我们如何采取不同的策略
and how we have different strategies.
我们尚未公开宣布
So we're rolling out and we haven't announced this publicly,
但我们正在推出种族间的沟通
but we're rolling out conversations that are ethnic based conversations.
波士顿规划与发展局围绕它进行了一些研究
The BDPA has set up some research around it.
我们得到了一些数据
We've got some numbers.
我们最近进行了一次内部汇报
We did an internal presentation recently
我们将推出种族间的沟通
and we're going to roll out ethnic based conversations
来讨论不同种族社区的做法差异 无论好坏
to have a conversation about the difference in approach in our ethnic communities, not bad or good.
但是我们会给出数据
But we're going to put out the number,
我们将建立社区成员小组
we're going to set up panels of people from the community
讨论这个措施的意义
to have the conversation about what this might mean
可能产生的新策略
and what might be new strategies
还有我们如何处理这类问题
and how we can approach this to make sure we're having
以确保我们能够对居住的经济环境进行积极的讨论
a very responsive conversation about the economy that people live in.
我们现在强制人们告诉我们
We're now mandating that people tell us
他们的团队在各个领域如何做到多样化和包容化
how their team is diverse and inclusive in all areas.
然后我们将根据他们的多样化程度来打分
And then we will score them on that diversity inclusion in a way obviously
哪些更加多元化
that those who are more diverse
囊括施工 设计 开♥发♥ 在财务 运营 管理各个方面
and inclusive of women and people of color on their construction team,
包含更多女人和有色人种的团队
on their design team, on the development team,
将获得更高的分数
on finance, on operation, on ownership.
我们正在推动公共资产的使用
And so we're driving to use public assets for...
与市长的议程保持一致
and align it to the Mayor's agenda.
我们还希望市民
We're also asking that people work with us
从社区本身发展的期望角度与我们合作
in terms of what the community has said it wants to see in the neighborhood.
我们最近发布的招标书实际上是对所谓努比亚广场计划的回应
The recent RFP that we put out is actually in response to what's called Plan Dudley Square.
我们要确保 社会想要的
And we're making sure that there is clarity between alignment on
与这些发展将会带来的影响保持一致
what the community has asked for and what these developments are bringing.
第二项创新是
The second innovation is
遵循波士顿65年来第一个综合城市规划
we picked a neighborhood, following the first comprehensive citywide plan that Boston's done in 65 years,
或者您可能认为是50年来的第一个
or 50 depending on how you look at it,
我们称之为梦想波士顿2030
called Imagine Boston 2030,
我们选择了一个社区进行试点
to pilot an effort of trying to develop a neighborhood
尝试在不影响邻里关系的情况下 发展它
without displacing the neighborhood.
其中一项举措 要求波士顿在购置房♥地♥产♥方面更加积极
One of the strategies called for the City being more aggressive in acquiring property.
这也是我们目前在住房♥方面正在做的事情
It's something we're doing now on the housing side as well.
我们现在偏向购入已建房♥产
We are out there acquiring existing property
而不是为即将开♥发♥的项目创造买♥♥家
and not trying to just create affordability on new developments that are coming.
我们是处理高风险财产的方式 就是购买♥♥
How do we go after the high risk property, buy them
然后让人们永久负担得起它的价格
and then make them permanently affordable,
从而希望租户能成为房♥主
hopefully making the tenants the owners of those properties.
现在我们在厄普哈姆角社区范围内进行推广
So now we're doing that on a neighborhood wide scale in Upham's Corner,
在我们就此处的房♥地♥产♥开♥发♥
acquiring as much property as possible
进行任何形式的公开沟通之前
before we launch any kind of public conversation
尽可能多地收♥购♥♥房♥♥地♥产♥
around the development of those properties.
第三点是与一些将要入驻波士顿
The third one would be working with corporations that are coming to Boston
或是要将总部迁至波士顿的公♥司♥进行合作
who are looking for tax incentives or any kind of incentive
他们正在寻求税收优待
to relocate to our city.
或是其他任何方面的优待
Or bring a headquarter to our city.
我们与亚马逊达成了一项协议
We have an agreement with Amazon
他们将在海港建设约一百万平方英尺的建筑
who is building about a million square feet in the Seaport
这将带来两拨就业机会
which equates about 4,000 jobs in two waves.
第一波有2000个工作岗位 第二波也是2000个
2,000 for the first wave, another 2,000 for the second wave.
协议包含一条 将使用建造产生的联♥系♥费
There's an agreement with Amazon that we will use a linkage fees
来专门为这2000人
that that construction is producing
创建劳动力
to create a workforce,
这2000人的开♥发♥和安置计划
development and placement program specifically for those 2,000.
我们将在12月与HR开会
We're meeting with HR this December.
研究招聘条件 技术和其他所需条件
We're going to look at the criteria's, skills, what's needed.
然后 我们将与特伦和她的团队合作
We're then going to work with Tren and her team
一起制定研究劳动力发展的招标书
on an RFP that looks at the workforce development in being specific
特别是在设计流程 或是工作指引方面
in designing that pipeline, or that journey to those jobs.
这是我们正致力于做的事情
This is something we're doing more and more of
将雇主或者就业机会
is linking the employers or employment opportunity to the development
与一直中学的发展计划联♥系♥在一起
and programs that are happening all the way down to high schools.
我们没有讨论过这一点
Which is something we didn't talk about here,
但是波士顿正努力建立工作发展生态系统
but Boston's effort to map the job development ecosystem
然后以一种更加有效并且可以被量化评估的方式将其链接起来
and then link it in a way that it's more effective and evaluated.
弹性是一个强大的概念
The concept of resilience is a powerful one.
它与城市生活和城市规划的各个方面
It resonates with every aspect of city life and planning
以及我们每天在城市中所做的事情息息相关
in our city and what we do in our city every day.
而我们专注于种族平等工作的决定
And our decision to focus on our racial equity work
对我们城市的前进至关重要
was important to our city to move on.
可以说是向前发展 不仅仅是向前 要发展
And to move forward really. Not move on, move forward.
这项工作就是这么重要
It's something that's important.
我在波士顿的多切斯特长大
I grew up in Boston in Dorchester
在种族融合巴士发展期间 种族融合巴士刚开始实行的时候
during the bussing, when bussing came in.
种族巴士 为促进种族融合设置的巴士
我当时在读语法学校
I was at grammar school
我原来是走路去的
and I used to walk to...
我父母是爱尔兰移♥民♥
my mother and father are immigrants from Ireland.
他们来到这里后就送我去上教区附属学校 天主教学校
And when they came here they sent me to parochial school, Catholic school.
七十年代早期 我每天都要经过拉塞尔雕塑
I used to walk by the William E. Russell every day in the early 70s
孩子们会乘坐校车
and the kids would come up in the school buses, but they were
但骑摩托车的警♥察♥会给他们开路
led by motorcycle police officers.
后面和两侧各有一位骑警
And there was a motorcycle police officers behind them, and one on each side.
他们会领孩子们进出学校
And they were moving kids in and out of schools
我觉得有点难过
and I thought that was
你想我要沿着路走去圣玛格丽特街
a little hard when you think I'm walking down to St. Margaret's down the street.
我们走去学校 而这些孩子在被警♥察♥护送
We're walking down to school and these kids are being escorted by the police.
我当时不明白是为什么
Not understanding at that time really what was going on
因为我才六七八岁
because I was six and seven and eight years old.
我不明白到底怎么回事
电影精选列表