I think that you have a very loyal customer base,
但我也知道
but I do know
城市中的其他企业也如此
and this is true for any business in the city,
吸引新顾客重视很重要的
it's always important to attract new customers.
所以你们希望的 进行这项工程的
So were you hoping, is one of the goals
其中一个目标是会吸引城市中一些新顾客吗
that by doing this project it will attract some new customers in the city?
是的 非常正确 你知道我知道在早间交通
Yeah, absolutely 100 percent. You know I know during the rush hour traffic
高峰期和晚间交通高峰期
in the morning, rush hour traffic at night there're
康明斯高速上有上千的车辆通过
thousands of cars that go along Cummins Highway that pass the
这些车会经过商店 但人们可能甚至不会三思
store and probably don't even think twice about
是否要进这些商店进行购物 但是我认为
ever coming in here to do their grocery shopping. But I think
一旦我们重新设计了店面 我觉得它们可能会
once we remodel and redesign the front I think they might
考虑进店 可能会给我们一个机会
have second thoughts about that and maybe give us a chance
看看我们能给他们和他们的家人提供什么商品
and see what we have to offer for them and their family.
是的 我是说我们确实知道通过这个项目
Yeah, I mean we do know like through this program that when people complete a project
当人们完成这么大规模的项目时 两件事会发生 你们的
of this scale, two things happen. Your existing
老顾客感到感激 感到受到照顾
customers feel grateful and taken care of,
在很多方面这对他们在此购物表达了感谢
and it in many ways it's a thank you to them for shopping here.
我认为人们会因为这样的项目感到很激动
And I think people get very excited when a project
一家他们常去的店转型了
like this, a store that they're going to constantly is transformed.
但是我也认为
But I think also
人们第一次发现你
people discover you for the first time
正如你也说的 人们驶上和驶离康明斯高速
and as you said, people are driving up and down Cummins Highway
但是不会在你们的停车场停车
and not pulling into your parking lot.
因为他们没有真正看到你 我认为这一定会发生在你们身上
Because they're not really seeing you. And I think that's absolutely going to
我们见证着在我们的很多计划上发生了一遍又一遍
happen for you and we see this happen over and over again for many of our projects.
当人们经过一个店面的时候 一旦我们通过重建项目
Is that people walk by a storefront and once we actually transform it
对它进行改造 重新设计了一个新的标识和设计 你懂的
through the restore program with a new signage and design, you know,
它能让人们通过那扇门 很明显这能让你
it's getting people through that door. And obviously that helps you
更成功
be more successful.
谁是来这店的顾客
Who are the customers that come to this store?
主要是马塔潘的居民
So predominately residents of Mattapan.
我们也知道有一部分来自
We also get a fair amount of people from
多尔切斯特 海德公园和一小部分米尔顿的顾客
Dorchester, Hyde Park, a little bit of Milton as well.
你知道人口统计的智慧来自许多不同的国家
And you know demographic wise come from many different countries,
所有的加勒比国家 南美洲 美洲 中美洲
all the Caribbean countries, South, America, Central America
这些国家的顾客主要来自那里
that's predominately where customers come from.
你知道我也在这个街区住了很长时间了 所以我知道
And you know I live in the neighborhood too, so I know
美国食物篮子已经在这个社区很久了
America's Food Basket's been in the neighborhood for so long.
我确实知道根据顾客得知
I do know that based on the constituency that
美国食物篮子已经在为我们四个地点服务了
America's Food Basket's been serving in your four locations,
因此你是否带了特定的 社区真正需要的食物呢
so do you carry specific foods and that really the community needs?
是的 是的 尤其是肉类部门 也有生产部门
Yeah, yeah absolutely especially in the meat department, the produce department
和杂货部门 主要是我们想让顾客
and grocery department as well. Basically we want customers when
在进来的时候感觉到他们从未离开过家 离开过他们的国家
they come in they feel like they never left their home, left their country.
不论他们是海地人还是多米尼加共和国人 他们想要 我们希望他们能
Whether they're Haitian or Dominican, they want, we want them to be able
来这里得到他们想要的东西 不论是芭蕉 丝兰 牛尾
to come in here and get whatever it is, whether it's Plantains, Yucca, Ox
他们本国的调味品
Tails, you know whatever seasonings that they use in their countries
我们希望他们能用
we want them to be able to use that same recipe
他们外祖母和母亲成长时
that their grandmother and mother used
用的那份一样的食谱
when they were growing up back home.
只是她们现在在波士顿
Only now they're in Boston.
这些年来 你是怎么发掘那些原料
So how do you develop that list of
并制成食物的
ingredients and foods over time?
美洲食物篮的建立者
I mean the founders of Americas Food Basket,
你知道的 他们是多米尼加人
you know they're Dominican so that aspect,
所以从加勒比的角度来说就很简单了
the Caribbean aspect of it was fairly easy.
然后当你在商店里
Then as you're in the store,
当你有与不同顾客打交道的经验
as you gain experience dealing with different
他们会问你要找的东西在哪
types of customers, they'll ask you what they're looking for
我们尽最大努力找到他们要的东西
and we try our best to get whatever it is that they're asking.
我觉得很大程度上
And you know I think to a great extent
我们是在做好事 服务于他们
we've done a good job of that, kind of serving to their needs.
管理期望很重要 所以
Managing expectations is important so,
我们让感兴趣的人集中在一个房♥间
where we can get folks in a room who are interested
因为他们也在召唤我
because they're calling me too
而且他们有很多好想法
and they have all these great ideas and
我说那不是全国有色人种协进会会议的进行方式
I said well that's not how National NAACP conventions work.
我们不是从头开始组织的
We're not organizing from the ground
我们从全国有色人种协进会开始组织
it's really organized from National
而且已有当地活动
and there's some local activities.
所以我不得不在当地教人们那些
So, I've had to educate folks locally on that,
但我觉得如果我们能举办一个社区谈话
but I think if we can have a community conversation
我觉得TaneshaA可以主持
I think Tanesha could host.
那么我努力达到那些期望
And then I manage expectations
这是一个代♥表♥大♥会♥ 是一个投票大会
that it's convention of delegates, it's a voting convention.
所以人们来这里是办公事的
So people are here to do business.
他们来这里参加午宴
They're here to go to luncheons,
参与专题讨论 没有太多的空闲时间
be part of panel discussions. There's not a lot of free time
离开他们所在的地区
to leave the area that they're in,
如果他们离开这个地区 他们就不会在那里
and if they leave the area they're not there to vote
对一个特定的问题进行投票 这个问题要提交给国会
on a particular matter that's coming before the body.
所以会有一些有限的机会
So there'll be some limited opportunities
离开会议区域 看看波士顿
to get out of the convention area and see Boston
我们得随时注意
and we just got to be intentional about
那些机会什么时候出现
when those opportunities come up.
我们聊过那个问题了 也许有有色人种协进会
We talked about that. There might be NAACP
成员是警♥察♥局长 消防员
members that are police chiefs and fire fighters
护士和医生
and nurses, and doctors
也许他们想到
that want to like get a tour of
麻省总医院里看看或去洛克斯波利的迪莫克
behind the scenes at Mass General or go to Dimock in Roxbury
然后看一看他们那的恢复社区是什么样
and see how the recovery community that they have there,
全国最好的之一 看看这些不同的
one of the best in the country. Look at these different
地方 然后我们才能把那些提供给人♥民♥
places and so we can offer that up for people.
我们这里有一个刑事司法社区
We have a criminal justice community here
所以如果我们联♥系♥哈佛 然后一些我们的
so if we tap Harvard, and some of our other
其他高等教育机构说 我们需要斯基普·盖茨
higher Ed institutions say hey, we need Skip Gates
才能跨入大会
to be at the convention
而且我们作为波士顿这个城市
and we as the City of Boston are reaching out
向你哈佛求助 让我们这些人可以参加会议
to you Harvard to say make your folks available.
我觉得我们有机会通过这种方式
I think there's an opportunity for us
创造价值
to provide value in that way.
如果我们先做好基础部分
If we can do that basic part first
那么其他更多部分就会源源不断
then all the extras come along after that.
关于波士顿的好坏历史
There's a fuller picture of Boston's history
有个全貌
good and bad
我想让西罗斯伯利知道 让罗斯伯利知道
that I want West Roxbury to know and Roxbury to know
和让戴德姆知道 我觉得
and Dedham to know and I think
我们有一个通过不同方法
we have an opportunity to share that through different
分享那些的机会 这不仅会教育我们波士顿人
ways so that it's an education for us
还会教育来参观的游客
Bostonians and an education for our visitors.
我觉得很好 我一直在说这个
I think it's great. And I say this all the time.
我知道罗斯伯利有些孩子 是西罗斯伯利
I know there's kids in Roxbury, in West Roxbury
脑子空洞 他们都不知道什么是坐公交车
that have no idea, they don't even know busing
因为他们没见过 他们的家人所在之处
because they weren't even here. Their families were
受到了它的影响
where their families impacted by it.
他们甚至不了解这些 我觉得甚至巴士
And not even understanding, I think even bussing there was a
都是一个步骤 如果学校委员会在那时
step before that that's not talked about if the
竞选并采取措施 才能讨论那些
school committee elected at the time took action
是的 就能够避开所有情况了
Yes, would have staved off that whole experience.
那是缺乏人们选出的当地代表
So that was a lack of, inaction by
是一种不作为
local represented people elected by the people.
如果他们处理了此事 并解决了
And if they'd dealt with it and addressed it
那历史可能会有一点不同
history might have been a little different.
而且如果你当时用不同方法处理了问题
And it would have been, maybe a little different
事情就会有所不同
if you tackle the issue at the time, in a different manner,
但没人想到那些
but it wasn't thought of so.
不是要辩论什么 但我认为有趣的是
And not to debate that, but I think what's interesting
这座城市的价值没有像现在一样 通过
is the values of the city wasn't fully reflected by that
市议会而反映出来 对吧 如今我们在市议会中
City Council as it is today right? We see the diversity
看到了多样性 那种多样性
电影精选列表