剧集 | 年轻的教宗(2016) | 导航列表
45欧元吧 至少是
Forty-five euro, at least.
嗯 很合理
Ah, a reasonable price.
我想说的是 我们讨论的是一种工艺
I would say so, considering that we're talking about
教皇陛下 手工制♥作♥
a craftsmanship, Holy Father, handmade,
不是那些廉价的工厂货能比的
not some cheap factory production.
也许我们应该给每位国家元首都赠送一个
Perhaps we could send one to all the heads of State.
主教大人 这个想法堪称完美
An excellent idea, Your Eminence.
好 很好
Good, very good.
很好
Very good.
-很好 很好 -是的 非常好
- Good. - Very good. - Yes, very, very good.
-非常非常好 -很好
- Very, very good. - Good.
请稍等 我马上回来
Wait a minute. I'll be right back.
好的
Good.
他去哪儿了
Where did he go?
拿枪去了吧 我想
To get a gun, I imagine.
怎么可能 我们谈的很好啊
Come on! It went fine.
这位小姐 你看到这个盘子了吗
Do you see this plate, ma'am?
是的 我当然看到了
Yes... of course I see it.
很好
Good.
这种才是我准备授权的商品
This is the sort of merchandise I'm prepared to authorize.
但是在这上面并没有您的肖像啊
But it doesn't have your image on it!
我的小姐 我没有形象 因为我不存在
I do not have an image, my good lady, because I am no one.
你能理解吗 不存在
Do you understand? No one.
只有基♥督♥是存在的
Only Christ exists.
只有基♥督♥
Only Christ.
而且我也不值四十五 甚至五欧元
And I'm not worth forty-five, or even five euros.
我什么都不值
I am worth nothing.
教皇陛下 我不懂了
I don't understand, Holy Father.
你当然不懂
Of course you don't,
因为 像你之前说的 你在哈佛大学学习过
because, as you said earlier, you studied at Harvard.
哈佛大学是一个衰落的地方
And Harvard is a place in decline,
在那里你们学会放低自我
where you were taught to lower yourselves.
但是在这里 在梵蒂冈 我们都在设法抬高自我
Whereas here, in the Vatican, we try to elevate ourselves.
实际上谁在管理着教宗的形象呢
Who exactly is in charge of curating the image of the Pope?
教务大臣把这个如履薄冰的任务交付于我
The Secretary of State entrusted that delicate task to me,
已有两年了 教皇陛下
Holy Father, two years ago.
很好 现在我要告诉你 作为教皇形象的管理者
Very good. And now I'm going to tell you what you,
你应该做些什么
as curator of the image of the Holy Father, are gonna do.
你要立即解雇梵蒂冈的官方摄影师
You are gonna fire the Vatican's official photographer immediately.
教宗的照片不会被发布
No photographs of the Pope are to be issued.
我还是红衣主教或主教时 就没有照片
Just as there were none when I was a cardinal or a bishop.
你知道为什么吗 我从来不允许别人给我拍照
Do you know why? I never allowed my picture to be taken.
如果有人设法偷♥拍♥了我
And when someone manage to sneak a photograph of me,
我总会在他们把照片发布之前把照片买♥♥下来
I always bought them up before they could be published.
如今想来
Now that I think about it,
我一生都在被训练成为一个隐形的教宗
I've been training my whole life to be an invisible pope.
而且因此 我的第一次演说 你将会发现
And so, for my first address, you will see to it
光线如此暗淡 没有摄影师
that the light is so dim, no photographer,
没有电视录像师 即使是那些信徒
no TV cameraman, and not even the faithful
也只能看到一片阴影 我的剪影
will see anything of me but a dark shadow, my silhouette.
他们不会看到我 因我本不存在
They will not see me because I do not exist.
教皇陛下 冒昧的说一句 您现在的提议
If I may, Holy Father, what you are proposing
和自杀没有区别 一种媒体自杀
is nothing short of suicide, media suicide.
媒体自杀 你这么想
Media suicide, you say?
很好 现在试着跟随我的思维 如果你能做到的话
Fine, now try to keep up with me, if you can.
-教皇陛下 我跟上您了 -很好
- I'm right with you, Holy Father. - Good.
好的 所以 在过去二十年里最重要的作家是谁
Ok, so, who is the most important author of the last twenty years?
仔细想想 不是最杰出的 精湛的写作技巧只是是为了满足傲慢天性
Careful now, not the best, virtuosity is for the arrogant,
是最重要的 那位闪现出了病态般的好奇心
the most important, the author who has sparked
致使他成了最重要的作家的那个
so much morbid curiosity that he became the most important?
我不知道 我猜 菲利普·罗斯
I wouldn't know. I'd say... Philip Roth.
不 是塞林格
No. Salinger.
最重要的电影导演是谁
The most important film director?
-斯皮尔伯格 -不 是库布里克
- Spielberg. - No. Kubrick.
当代艺术家呢
Contemporary artist?
杰夫·昆斯 或者玛丽娜·阿布拉莫维奇
Jeff Koons. Or Marina Abramovic.
班克西 电子音乐组合
Banksy. Electronic music group?
我对电子音乐一窍不通
I don't know the first thing about electronic music.
是你说的哈佛什么都教 无论如何 是傻朋克
You say Harvard is a good university! Anyway, Daft Punk.
最优秀的意大利女歌♥唱家是谁
The best Italian female vocalist?
-米娜 -回答正确
- Mina? - Very good!
现在你了解个中缘由了
Now do you know what it is,
是看不见的红线将他们连在一起
what the invisible red thread is that connects them all,
这些在各自的领域中最重要的人
all these most important figures in their respective fields?
从不让人看到自己
None of them let themselves be seen.
也从不拍照
None of them let themselves be photographed.
但是 教皇陛下 您不是艺术家 您是一国元首啊
But you're not an artist, Holy Father. You are a head of State.
是的 这个城邦国家是如此的小 连出海口都没有
Yes, of a city state so small that it has no outlet to the sea,
为了生存 它的领导者不得不把自己塑造成
and in order to survive, its leader has to make himself
摇滚明星那样可望而不可即的形象
as unreachable as a rock star.
多谢这浮夸的手法 梵蒂冈幸存了
The Vatican survives thanks to hyperbole.
所以 我们应该适度夸张 但是这次我们应该反过来想
So we, we shall generate hyperbole, but this time in reverse.
教皇陛下 我开始明白您的意思了
I'm beginning to get your point, Holy Father.
我不但开始明白您的想法 而且开始喜欢它了
Yes, not only am I beginning to get it, I'm beginning to like it, too.
很好
Good, very good.
童年
Childhood?
他的父母都是嬉皮士
His parents, both hippies,
把他遗弃在孤儿院 给了玛丽修女假名字
abandon him at an orphanage, and they give fake names to Sister Mary
这使莱尼不可能找到他们
making it impossible for Lenny to find them.
玛丽修女的孤儿院依附于红衣主教斯潘塞的大学
Sister Mary's orphanage has ties to Cardinal Spencer's university.
斯潘塞那时候在纽约
Spencer at that time was in New York.
在所有孤儿中
Of all her little orphans,
她唯一推荐给他的孩子就是莱尼
the only one she recommends to him was Lenny.
一家英国报纸发布了独家新闻
A British newspaper got the scoop
标题就叫“吸烟的教皇”
with the headline "The Pope smokes".
这也是全世界的普遍反应
And this is how the world responded.
从斯宾塞这个角度想
At Spencer's side we're familiar
我们就很能理解他教会生涯的走向了
with the direction his career takes.
从斯宾塞被召到教廷起 莱尼就一直继承着他的衣钵
Lenny succeeds him when Spencer is called to the Curia.
年纪轻轻就接管了纽约的整个宗教区
Very young, he takes over the entire Archdiocese of New York.
42岁就成为了红衣主教
He is a cardinal at the age of 42.
但如果莱尼这么唯唯诺诺索然无趣
But if Lenny was so submissive, so dull...
斯宾塞又为什么如此偏爱他呢
why did Spencer favor him so much?
恰恰是因为他不会威胁到斯宾塞那漫无边际的自负心理
Precisely because he never threatened Spencer's boundless ego.
况且 斯宾塞一向都喜欢对他卑躬屈膝的下属
And besides, Spencer has always preferred servile underlings.
但现在 该由他来侍奉那个小男孩了
But now, he's the one who has to serve that little boy.
-莱尼的品行如何 -无可指摘
- Lenny's moral conduct? - Irreproachable.
没有绯闻 甚至连对他的暗讽都没有
No gossip, no insinuations even.
没有桃色事件 什么都没有
No love affairs. Nothing.
-性取向呢 -未知
- Sexual orientation? - Unknown.
那你觉得他的性取向是什么
And what do you think his sexual orientation is?
没有性取向
None.
他只关心教会的事
He only cares about the Church.
而教会就是个女人
And the Church is female.
亲爱的教皇 我要怎么做才能信奉上帝呢
"Dear Pope, what do I have to do to believe in God?"
汤米 阿马里洛 德克萨斯州
Tommy, Amarillo, Texas".
我想让你给所有孩子们写回信
I want you to write back to all the children.
当然可以 圣父大人
Of course, Holy Father.
那你会如何答复这个孩子呢 主教大人
And how would you respond to this child, Eminence?
-我 -你会在回信里写
- I... - You'd write back and say:
亲爱的汤米 想想所有你喜欢的东西吧
"Dear Tommy, think of all the things you like."
那就是上帝所在
There, that's what God is".
我早就知道 这里有老鼠
I knew it, there are mice in here.
这不是老鼠
That's no mouse.
这是澳大利亚外♥交♥部♥长送来的礼物 圣父大人
A gift from the Australian Foreign Minister, Holy Father.
我们认为应当捐献给生物公园
We thought we would donate it to the bio park.
-"生物公园" -就是动物园
- What do you mean "bio park"? - The zoo.
绝对不行
Not on your life.
你可以出来了 小可爱
You can come out, sweetie.
我们把他放归到花♥园♥里
We'll set him free in the gardens.
剧集 | 年轻的教宗(2016) | 导航列表