剧集 | 年轻的教宗(2016) | 导航列表
你看起来很焦躁
You look on edge to me.
你总是在反向问我
You always ask rhetorical questions.
你就直说吧
Why don't you just tell me why I'm on edge?
你是因为新闻发布会而烦躁
You're upset because of the press conference.
你从来没开过
You've never held one.
是的
Exactly.
而你感到沮丧是因为你想开这个发布会
And you're depressed because you wanted to do it.
没错 但不是因为我想站在聚光灯下
True, but not because I want to be in the spotlight.
如果是我 我会很乐意能够有一个机会
I would have been happy for a chance to publicly reassure
公开安抚那些来自世界各地
the bishops, who've been calling me from all over the world,
呼唤着我的惊惶的主教们
in a general state of alarm.
我能问一下你大致会以怎样的立场
Can I ask what your general
出现在新闻发布会上么
stance will be at the press conference?
不 你不能
No, you cannot.
说实话吧 你还是更喜欢斯宾塞做教宗
Tell the truth, you would have preferred Spencer as pope.
斯宾塞一直都比我们聪明许多
Spencer has always been smarter than the rest of us,
但也更为脆弱
but also more fragile.
这就是为什么我反对他当教宗
That's why I worked against his election.
你有没有想过自己坐教宗的位置
Have you ever considered becoming the pope yourself?
没有
No.
教宗需要激发信任
A pope needs to inspire trust.
而我只能起反作用
I inspire the opposite.
不过我苦恼的问题是
But the question that
是什么在激励着教宗庇护十三世
distresses me is: What inspires Pope Pius XIII?
所有人都想见他 但是他拒绝了
Everyone wants to see him, and he refuses to be seen.
信徒们期待一份安抚
The faithful expect reassurance,
得到却是他的那些骇人听闻
and instead he offers only unsettling comments.
我不知道他在想什么
I can't figure out what he has in mind.
他究竟在追求一个什么样的教会
What kind of Church is he looking for?
你告诉我 他是不是有什么计划
You tell me, does he have a plan?
我必须得告诉你 修女玛丽
I really have to tell you, Sister Mary:
我们这个教宗奇怪又矛盾
This Pope is strange and contradictory.
就像你一样
Just like you.
-就像我一样 -就像你一样
- Just like me? - Just like you!
你如何评判一个这样的人
What can you say about a man who
他居住在一个拥有私人桑拿浴室的6500平方英尺的公♥寓♥
lives in an 6,500-square-foot apartment with a private sauna...
还有一个被精美的挂毯围绕着的台球桌
and a billiard table, surrounded by fine tapestries,
金器 锦缎 价值连城的艺术品
goldsmithery, damasks, and expensive artworks,
但是他仍耗费心力
but who also takes the time,
在深夜去照顾一个残疾的孩子
and energy at night to babysit a disabled boy.
你真是无坚不摧 修女玛丽
You're unbeatable, Sister Mary.
没有人是无坚不摧的 主教大人
No one's unbeatable, Your Eminence.
只是耐心 也就是说 是时间的问题
It's a matter of patience, which means it's a matter of time.
而这也是我向你请求的 时间和耐心
And that's what I ask of you: Time and patience.
你一点都不担心么
And you're not worried?
不 一点都不
No, I'm not.
迈克尔 我很担心
Michael, I'm worried.
莱尼才刚刚开始
Lenny has barely begun and
他们就已经成群结队地放弃他了
already they're abandoning him in droves.
他们应该在教宗选举的时候就想到的
They should have thought about it before, during the Conclave.
那么现在你需要给出一些想法了
Well now you need to give it some thought.
我已经尽我所能了
I've done everything that's within my power to do.
-这取决于你 -你胡说八道什么
- It's up to you! - What are you raving about?
莱尼需要理念与愿景
Lenny needs concepts and visions.
我对此无能为力 但是你可以做到
I can't help with that, but you can.
你是他的精神上的父亲
You are his spiritual father.
我不过是一个疲惫的老人
I'm just a tired old man.
历史错过了我
And history has passed me by.
你只是个愤怒的男人
You're just a man who's pissed off
因为你没有得到你最想要的东西
because you didn't get what you wanted most.
而现在你怀恨在心
And now you're being spiteful.
一个如此卓越的男人 却沉湎于如此幼稚的心理
A man of your prominence, wallowing in such childishness:
你难道都不感到羞愧么 迈克尔
Aren't you ashamed of yourself, Michael?
-那个孩子已经成为了男人 -他现在是教宗了
- The boy has become a man. - He's the father now.
我必须服从他
And I must obey him.
这就是规则
Those are the rules.
你自己都知道你不过是在胡说八道
You're just spouting bullshit and you know it.
他需要你 而你却拒绝帮助他
He needs you and you refuse to help him
以你无穷的虚荣为原由
in the name of your bottomless vanity.
你必须要在上帝面前
You will answer for this,
凭你已被蹂躏的良心负起责任
before God and in your ravaged conscience.
莱尼不想要我的帮助
Lenny doesn't want my help.
他只想让我认可他犯错误
He just wants me to approve of his mistakes.
这是每一个孩子都想从父亲那里得到的
That's what every son wants from their fathers.
那么就找他过来 告诉他你的不认可
So summon him and withhold your approval.
这是所有好父亲都会对他们的孩子做的
That's what all good fathers do with their sons.
教宗口谕
The Pope has dictated the following statement:
我 庇护十三世 罗马主教 基♥督♥之代表
"I, Pius XIII, Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ,."
众门徒之主之后继者
Successor of the Prince of the Apostles,
最高祭司
Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church,
意大利首席主教
Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan
罗马省大主教及都主教
of the Province of Rome,
梵蒂冈城元首
Sovereign of the State of Vatican City,
上帝之众仆人之仆人
and Servant of the Servants of God,
将告知我对你们的怀疑批评
wish to inform you of my total indifference
报以完全冷漠的态度
to your doubts and criticism,
鉴于我认为有必要
in light of which I deem it necessary
去重申我的无误
to reiterate my infallibility
和人们会犯错正好相反
"In contrast to your human fallibility."
这个教宗是否在声明他的神圣地位
Is this Pope claiming divine status?
鉴于我的特权
"And by virtue of the prerogative,"
是神圣的
which is dogmatically
由至高无上的罗马教宗批准
sanctioned by the supremacy of the Roman Pontiff,
在我执行计划的时候
I will not tolerate any delays
不会容忍♥任何的延误或妥协
"Or compromises as I carry out my plan."
什么计划
What plan?
我们一点都不清楚这个计划
We didn't understand anything about the plan.
我们也不知道你是谁
And once more we don't understand who you are?
我
Me?
我是修女玛丽
I'm Sister Mary.
修女玛丽又是谁
Who is Sister Mary?
圣父大人 红衣主教斯宾塞大人想今晚与您会面
Holy Father, Cardinal Spencer would be pleased to have you
如果您不介意的话
call on him this evening, if you wouldn't mind.
无法原谅的缺点
What unforgivable weakness!
没有必要从过去引用一堆
There was no need to drag out a bunch of old absurdities
老套的荒谬之言
from the past.
你所要做的就只是微笑和向人群挥手
All you had to do was smile and greet the crowd.
我不会笑 也不会打招呼
I don't smile and I don't greet.
你跟我学了这么多年
Did all those years you spend studying with me
一点长进都没有吗
do you no good at all?
不 我学会了独♥立♥思考
Yes, they taught me to think for myself.
啊 这就是你独♥立♥思考的成果吗
Ah, and this is what you thought all by yourself?
让世界上每个基♥督♥教♥徒♥和记者都反对你
To set every Christian and journalist in the world against you
而且还是在你刚成为教宗的时候
in the first week of your Papacy?
这也是我计划中的一部分
This is part of my plan too.
什么计划
What plan?
什么计划
What plan?
缺席也是出席
Absence is presence.
这些都是保持神秘的基本要素
These are the fundamentals of mystery.
会成为我教会中心思想的神秘性
The mystery that will be at the center of my Church.
神秘是一件严肃的事 不是什么市场策略
Mystery is a serious matter, it's not some marketing strategy.
在这个屋子的外面
Out there,
每个人都得明白追寻上帝
everyone must learn that it takes sacrifice
是要有牺牲和痛苦的
and suffering to find God.
夕阳西沉 上帝这个词来得太容易
It's too easy to come to terms with God as the sun is setting.
他们必须得在寒风和黑夜中找到他
They have to find Him in the cold and the dark of night.
就像我一样
The way I did.
缺席就是出席
Absence is presence.
牺牲和痛苦
Sacrifice and suffering.
我知道你的这些想法的起源
I know where these ideas are coming from
剧集 | 年轻的教宗(2016) | 导航列表