剧集 | 年轻的教宗(2016) | 导航列表
您只需不经意地按下按钮
all you have to do is to press it discreetly,
很快就会有人过来 找些借口
and an assistant will swiftly appear with some excuse,
帮助您脱身
liberating you from your engagement.
换句话说 就是替我说谎
He'll lie, in other words.
是的 不过他有大把时间可以用来忏悔
Yes, but he'll have plenty of time and opportunity to repent.
既然如此 圣父大人 如果您允许的话
Well, Holy Father, if you agree,
我想先和您谈谈我们的头等大事
I would like to start with our top priorities.
其中最要紧的就是
The most urgent of them all
您在圣彼得广场的第一次布道
is your first homily in Saint Peter's Square.
此次布道将会有很强的煽动性
There is a great deal of agitation about it,
那是某种在我漫长的生涯中
something which I, in my long career,
前所未见的东西
have never quite seen before.
整个国务卿办公室都在着手此事
The entire office of the Secretary of State is working on it.
我自己也彻夜未眠地起草
I myself worked all night long on a rough draft,
一份我将呈给您的草案
which I would like to submit you.
媒体以及信徒都将从世界各地
The press and the faithful who are coming here
前往此处来
from every corner of the globe
他们都深信您今天会为他们布道
were all convinced that you were going to deliver your homily today.
我们尽力安抚了他们的心神
We did an excellent job at calming their spirits,
但与此同时 教皇大人
but at the same time, Your Holiness,
我很遗憾地告诉您 只能拖延至此
I am sorry to say that we can only delay for so long.
明天是布道的绝佳日子
Tomorrow would be ideal.
这就是当下最重要的
There, this is the most pressing issue.
不 我的当务之急是一杯美式咖啡
The most pressing issue is my need for a cup of American coffee.
您可以为我倒一杯吗 主教大人
Would you make me one, Your Eminence?
当然 阿玛特奇
Certainly. Amatucci.
我没叫他倒
I didn't ask him.
我是叫你倒
I asked you.
这是我的的荣幸
It will be a pleasure and an honor for me
为你倒背咖啡 教皇大人
to bring you coffee, Your Holiness.
-谢谢您 主教大人 -这是我应该做的 圣父
- Thank you, Your Eminence. - It's my duty, Blessed Father.
圣父大人 那么 关于您的布道
Holy Father, now, about your homily,
我们打算怎么进行
how would we like to proceed, then?
等会再说吧
Later.
那请问圣父大人对特别助理这一微妙的职位
And has the Holy Father already thought of some candidates
是否已经考虑了一些候选人
for the delicate role of a special assistant?
-我有一个想法 -我也是
- I have an idea. - I do too.
我觉得是杰梅利大人...
Monsignor Gemelli comes to mind...
我想的是玛丽修女
My idea is Sister Mary.
这真是个极好的主意 教皇大人
An admirable idea, Your Holiness,
也完全可以理解
and completely understandable.
但请容我提醒您一下 很不幸的是
Allow me to add, however, that unfortunately,
教堂的元老院拥有着复杂的机制
the Curia has complex mechanisms
对您来说可能就像天体物理学一样
which might seem like astrophysics.
因此 教皇大人您难免缺乏经验
Therefore, the Holy Father's inevitable lack of experience,
同样 玛丽修女也难免缺乏经验
together with Sister Mary's inevitable lack of experience
因此我将提出发自内心的建议
would lead me to suggest an internal contribution...
我很清楚玛丽修女对您多么的重要
Of course I realize how central Sister Mary seems to you.
我们可以给她创造一个特设的职务
We could invent a sort of ad hoc role for her.
我们这儿最不缺的就是想象力
We won't lack for imagination around here.
是啊
Yeah.
完全正确 沃伊洛 她的确很重要
You're exactly right, Voiello. She's central.
玛丽修女在我七岁时收留了我
Sister Mary took me in at her orphanage when I was 7 years old,
她将作为你的守护天使
She will be your guardian angel.
我60岁了 圣父大人
I am sixty-year-old, Holy Father.
我不需要什么守护天使
I don't need a guardian angel.
我们都需要守护天使的 沃伊洛
Oh, we all need a guardian angel, Voiello.
尤其是那些肆无忌惮 含糊不清的人
Especially unscrupulous, ambiguous men.
那么 请允许我自己选择守护天使
Then, please, allow me to choose mine myself.
无论是来世
In another life.
还是今世
In this life,
都是由教皇为你选择守护天使
the Pope chooses your guardian angel for you.
而他就是教皇
And he is the Pope.
您找我吗 圣父大人
Did you call for me, Holy Father?
教皇
Papa!
最终一切都会回到这里 是吧
It all comes back to this in the end, doesn't it?
回到母亲身边
To the mother.
您的母亲是一个怎样的人 古铁雷斯大人
How was your mother like, Monsignor Gutierrez?
她不会去敌视邪恶
She was a woman who did not scorn wickedness.
而这种仁慈培养出一个心地善良的儿子
And it had the effect of creating a son full of goodness.
我调查过你
I've inquired about you.
每个人都告诉我你就是善良的化身
Everyone tells me you are a shining example of goodness.
我很感谢您能相信他们 圣父大人
I thank you for believing them, Holy Father.
该谢的人是我才对
It is I who should thank you,
能让我站在这里 而不被成群游客的干扰
for allowing me to be here without hordes of tourists.
这是我的职责 圣父大人
That's my duty, Holy Father.
这困难吗 不向参拜者们开放巴西利卡
Was it hard? To close off the Basilica to tourists?
不 我们只需要挂个牌子 上面写上 关门了
No, no, all we had to do was hang up a sign saying "closed".
我从不对游客掩饰自己的厌恶
I will never shed my aversion to tourists.
为什么呢 圣父大人
Why is that, Holy Father?
因为他们只是过客
Because they are just passing through.
我没能找到你的办公室 所以来晚了
I was late because I couldn't find your office.
我知道 您走错门了
I know. You opened the wrong door
恰巧撞见了教堂的参观者
and found yourself face to face with some visitors to our museum.
噢 你也调查过我啊
Oh, you've been inquired about me too.
在梵蒂冈很少有秘密
It's very difficult to keep anything secret here in the Vatican.
流言总是不胫而走
Rumors fly so quickly
甚至有些完全是无中生有
that sometimes they arrive even before the event has taken place.
这对我来说真是个有用的信息
That's quite a useful piece of information for my future.
这会是你将来要面对的 圣父大人
Which is exactly what it was intended to be, Holy Father.
该怎么做才行 大人
What is one to do, Monsignor?
这就是时代 在美国 我们称之为流言蜚语
It's the times. In America, we call it gossip.
在梵蒂冈 我们称之为诽谤
Here in the Vatican we call it calumny.
这边
This way.
你在梵蒂冈呆了多长时间了
How many years have you been at the Vatican?
太久了 我已经不再数了
So many that I've stopped to counting.
你喜欢这儿吗
Do you like it here?
嗯 这里让我有安全感
Yes, I feel safe here.
就好像时间静止了
It's as if time were dead.
说到时间
Speaking of that time,
在进行教皇选举的那天
the other day, during the Conclave,
我读了一篇意大利的新闻
I read an Italian newspaper.
是关于一个政客的
It was an article about this politician
他把一些秘密性文件
who had hidden some compromising files
藏在了自家屋内的墙壁中间
in the gaps between the walls of his house.
对 我也看过这篇报道
Yes, I read about that as well.
我在想
I thought...
我不需要在我屋子里的缝隙里藏些什么
I wouldn't need to hide anything in the gaps in my house.
因为我的心便是一道缝隙
Because my mind is a gap.
所有东西都藏在我的心里
And everything that is hidden from me,
迟早
sooner or later...
都会大白于天下
is revealed.
就好像是一切都委托于我
As if it were being entrusted to me.
领导教会的一个漂亮手段
A precious skill for leading the Church.
那不是手段 古铁雷斯
It's not a skill, Gutierrez...
是我的命运
it's my destiny.
费德里科 你知道为什么世上所有纯洁的灵魂
Federico, do you know why all the good souls of this world
-都极其厌恶权力吗 -为什么 主教大人
- rage against power? - Why, Your Eminence?
因为他们只是不清楚权力到底是什么
Because they simply don't know what it is.
是什么呢
What is it?
权力即是洞悉一切
Power is knowledge.
您到底想知道些什么 主教大人
What is it you want to know, Eminence?
庇护十三世是什么人 更准确地说 莱尼·贝拉尔多是什么人
Who is Pius XIII? Or rather, who was Lenny Belardo?
你得做一个小小的调查
You need to carry out a small investigation,
谨慎但要彻底
discreet but thorough.
他的每一个污点 创伤 苦难还有他的罪孽
His week spots, traumas and tribulations, his sins.
尤其是他的罪孽
Especially his sins.
因为过去所犯下的罪恶
Because the sins we commit in the past
和未来会犯下的罪恶都是一样的
are the same ones we'll commit in the future.
因为人类就像上帝那样 永远不会改变
Because man is like God. He never changes.
剧集 | 年轻的教宗(2016) | 导航列表