剧集 | 年轻的教宗(2016) | 导航列表
the great elector who, believing in you and your young talent,
影响了许多红衣主教
influenced a majority of cardinals.
现在出于对我来说某些不明的原因
Now, for reasons that are unclear to me,
您不再愿意担当我们之间的桥梁
you no longer want to be a bridge.
而这才刚刚开始
And this is only the beginning.
你为什么这么做
Why are you doing this?
-您为什么变卦 -教宗不是红衣主教
- Why did you change? - A Pope is not a cardinal.
红衣主教会采取联合的方式合作
A cardinal works in a collegial manner,
然而教宗陛下是至高无上的
while a Pope is an absolute sovereign.
妈的 你本应根据我和斯宾塞的建议来分享
Fuck, you were supposed to share your sovereignty
你的那份至高无上的权利的
with my advice and Spencer's!
而不是像这样的
Not like this!
用一个果断的非外交辞令回应您 主教大人
A decidedly undiplomatic response, Your Eminence.
您说的对 教宗陛下 并且我卑微地乞求您的原谅
You're right, Holy Father, and I humbly beg your forgiveness.
我不是很确定那就足够了
I'm not sure that's enough.
您想让我辞职吗教宗大人吗
Do you want my resignation?
我不确定那就足够了
I'm not sure that's enough.
告诉瓦伦特去档案室
Tell Valente to go to the archives
带来罢免红衣主教的有关文件
and bring the procedure for deposing a cardinal.
我能请你们二位暂时离开一段时间吗
May I ask you both to leave us for a moment?
阁下
Your Eminence,
难道你想让我相信我当上教宗是因为你吗
would you have me believe that I am Pope thanks to you.
但你我都知道这不是真的
But you and I both know that's not the truth.
但是如果教宗大人认为他能废除教务大臣
But if the Pope thinks he can depose the Secretary of State
而不带来严重后果
without all the grave repercussions that are bound to ensue,
这就意味着他对于这里的一切
then it means that he really understands nothing
真的一无所知
about the way things work here.
你根本想象不出我的权利有多大
You have no idea of how vast my powers are,
远远超越了这些梵蒂冈的围城了
here and beyond the walls of Vatican City.
你冒着暴雨无所畏惧地来到这
You braved this terrible storm out of fear
不担心失去你的枢机主教之职吗
that you might lose your cardinalate?
恐怕我可能要失去教会
Out of fear I might lose the Church.
走开
Go away.
我不想再和你说话了
I don't wanna talk to you anymore.
你是个叛徒又是个傻瓜
You're a traitor and a fool.
我不知道哪一个更糟糕
And I don't know which one is worse.
等等
Wait.
我不是一个人
I didn't come alone.
他在干嘛
What's he doing?
他在衡量上帝的重量
He's lifting the weight of God.
那上帝的重量是什么样子的 迈克尔
And what is the weight of God like,Michael?
非常脆弱
Very fragile.
是特别的脆弱
It's extremely fragile.
这就是为什么你要帮助我们使我们的上帝更坚强
Which is why you are going to help us to fortify God.
我努力过
I tried.
这是条死胡同
It's hopeless.
不 迈克尔
No, Michael.
我们穷极一生努力尝试
We have to spend our whole lives trying.
直到我们死亡之前我们仍然在尝试
We have to try right till the moment of our death.
这就是我们作为神父的职责
That's what priests do.
我们给上帝
We give God's...
以重量
weight!
我乞求您的原谅 莱尼
I beg your forgiveness, Lenny.
原谅我
Forgive me.
我来这就是为了告诉你我改变主意了
I've come to tell you that I've changed my mind.
我会欣然接受作为
I'll gladly accept the position of Prefect
圣职长的职位
for the Congregation for the Clergy.
我很抱歉迈克尔 已经太晚了
I'm sorry, Michael, it's too late.
教会里面已经没有你的职位了
There is no position left open for you.
还有一件事 红衣主教斯宾塞
One more thing, Cardinal Spencer.
什么
What?
请称呼我为教宗陛下
Address me as Your Holiness.
圣父大人 我是贝卢诺的大主教
Blessed Father, I am the bishop of Belluno,
但是我代表其他在意大利的所有大主教们
but I speak for all the other bishops of Italy
以及几乎是所有的教区神父
and nearly all the parish priests.
我理应提醒你
It behooves me to inform
一些异常的事情发生了
you that something anomalous is happening.
您的话语已在信徒间种下了
Your words to the faithful have sown
猜忌 甚至更糟
doubt and, worse,
恐惧的种子
fear.
他们之中的很多人害怕
Many of them are afraid
不敢再涉足于教区教堂
to set foot inside their parish church again,
他们寻求我们的帮助 渴求我们的解答
they come to us, eager for an explanation.
换句话说 他们十分惊恐
In other words, they're scared.
什么能够真正使得教会变得伟大
What truly made our church great?
恐惧还是宽容
Fear or tolerance?
我们能从我们教会的历史中得到什么
What can we learn from the history of our Church?
当对国家的恐惧已写入了我们的DNA
How great was the papal state when fear among nations
教会是多么的伟大
was part of our DNA?
我们是多么渺小
How small did we become,
个人的影响力发生了多么严重的衰减
how greatly did our influence decline, when we decided to yield.
当我们决定让步 屈服 退缩 变得随和而省心
To succumb, to withdraw, to become accommodating and reassuring?
这个地方 这些人
This place, these people,
安抚着我的不安
placate my sense of disquiet,
化解着我的焦虑
all my anxieties,
不论古今
both ancient and modern.
美味冰爽 圣父大人
It's nice and cold, Holy Father.
毫无疑义 修女
I don't doubt it, Sister.
你可以帮我拿三个橘子吗
Would you be so kind as to bring me three oranges, as well?
当然 圣父大人
Certainly, Holy Father.
我如此希望我可以遭遇过雷击
I so wish that I could have been thunderstruck,
像你一样 五月的一个下午 在教堂中心
as you were, one May afternoon, in the heart of the Church.
相反 我没有其他更好的选择 只能当神父
Instead, I became a priest for lack of a better alternative.
从孤儿院
From the orphanage with
我和玛丽直接去了神学院
Sister Mary, I went straight to the seminary
被斯宾塞大人保护着
under the protection of Monsignor Spencer.
然后他成为了红衣主教斯宾塞
Then he became Cardinal Spencer.
但是在孤儿院快要结束
But between the end of school
神学院即将开始的那段时间里
and the beginning of seminary.
我有一个礼拜的假期
I had a week of vacation.
这是我第一次自己一个人出去
It was the first time I'd ever been out in the world on my own.
我去了加利福利亚 在那儿我去了海滩
I went to California, and there I went to the beach.
在那个海滩
And on that beach...
我赢得了一个平凡的女孩的心
I won over a homely girl
当时她在我眼里就是
who seemed at the time
全世界最美的女孩
to be the most beautiful girl in the world.
你怎样赢得她的芳心的
How did you win her over?
请告诉我
Please, tell me.
-谢谢 -不用谢 圣父大人
- Thank you. - You're welcome, Holy Father.
像这样
Like this.
我们在一起呆了一个礼拜
We were together for a week.
之后我就进入了神学院
And then, I entered the seminary.
这是我第一次告诉别人关于这件事
This is the first time I've told anyone about it.
主教大人 你在我房♥间干什么
Your Eminence, what, what are you doing in my room?
我亲爱的古铁雷斯
My dear Gutierrez,
你是否问过你自己
have you ever asked yourself
这些年来我是如何经营这个教宗国的
how I've managed to run the papal State for all these years?
经常会
Many times.
你的答案是什么
What's your answer?
它需要一个包罗万象的视角 我想
It requires a great overarching vision, I imagine.
恰恰相反
Precisely the opposite.
没有什么包罗万象的视角
No vision whatsoever,
反而是要重视那些无关的小事
but by placing importance on the irrelevant things.
你又知道我是怎么设法去知道那些不相关的
And do you know how I manage to learn all the irrelevant things
没有人愿意告诉我的事吗
that no one wants to tell me?
不知道 你怎么做的
No... how?
通过发现别人的秘密
By learning people's secrets
然后用在教宗面前揭露这些来恐吓他们
and threatening to reveal those secrets to the Pope.
一瓶杜松子酒不能说明我是酒鬼
One bottle of gin doesn't make an alcoholic of me.
是的
Agreed.
一瓶是不会
剧集 | 年轻的教宗(2016) | 导航列表