剧集 | 最后的舞动(2020) | 导航列表
很多人会觉得这…很离谱
A lot of people may think this... off the wall.
也许是的 但我在做我选择做的事
Maybe it is but, I mean, I'm doing something that I choose to do.
那就是努力追求我小时候的一个梦想
That's try to follow one of the dreams that I had when I was a kid.
他一直喜欢打棒球
He'd always loved playing baseball.
我们小时候以为他长大后会成为职业棒球大联盟的球员
We thought we was going to be Major League Baseball players, growing up as a kid.
他爱棒球
He loves baseball,
他的父亲一直想让他打棒球
and his father always wanted him to play baseball.
你还记得你最后一次跟他聊天吗?
Do you recall your last conversation with him?
我们在争论 我跟他
We were debating, me and him.
我们在争论我打棒球的事
We were debating about me playing baseball.
“爸爸 我想去打棒球
"Dad, I wanna go play baseball.
我想要退役 我想打棒球”
I'm thinking about retiring. I wanna play baseball."
他只说 “去吧”
And all the things that he was saying, "Do it. Do it."
因为是他让我开始打棒球的
Because he got me started in baseball.
他成为棒球运动员一直是他父亲的梦想
It was always his father's dream that he'd be a baseball player.
所以我没有多说什么 只是对他说
I didn't try to talk him out of it, but I did say,
“打棒球比你以为的要难得多”
"Playing baseball is a lot harder than you think it is."
我说 “你要打什么位置?” 他说 “外场”
I said, "What position you gonna be playing?" He says, "In the outfield."
我说 “迈克尔 我们先来理解一下”
So, I said, "Michael, let's understand something here."
我说 “训练会完全不一样
I said, "The workouts are going to be totally different.
两种完全不同的方式
Two totally different methods
来训练你的身体跟肌肉
of training your body and muscles.
这对你的篮球比赛是有害的”
This is going to be detrimental to your basketball game."
他说 “我不在乎 棒球 我要全情投入”
He's like, "I don't care. Baseball. I'm all in."
他一直打棒球到17岁
He played baseball until he was 17 years old.
然后一直到31岁都没有再打过棒球
Then doesn't play baseball again till he's 31 years old.
我们不会在任何人♥大♥学或高中毕业后就把他们送去打2A
We don't send anybody to Double-A after they come out of college or high school
因为这个水平太高了
because it's too high a level.
我们让他们要么从新手球开始 要么从A球开始
We start them out either at rookie ball or at A-ball.
但我们不能那样对迈克尔
But we couldn't do that with Michael
因为2A以下的新闻设施不足
because the press facilities were inadequate below Double-A.
所以我们把他归为2A级
So we put him at Double-A
严格来说是因为我们需要有能力应对媒体
strictly because we needed to be able to handle the media.
迈克尔·乔丹去了伯明翰男爵队
Michael Jordan went to the Birmingham Barons,
芝加哥白袜队的2A人才储备球队
the Double-A farm team of the Chicago White Sox.
当我们发现他要来伯明翰时…
When we found out he was coming to the Birmingham work group,
春季训练还剩四天
there was four days left in spring training,
我就说 “嘿 伙计 我是特里”
and I just said, "Hey, man, I'm Terry,
“我猜我会是你的经理”
and I guess I'm gonna be your manager."
我记得在阿♥拉♥巴马州伯明翰
I remember him being in Birmingham, Alabama.
你绝对想不到你是在一场小联盟的比赛中
You never would have thought you were at a minor league game.
你不敢相信…
You can't believe...
骚动
commotion,
兴奋
the excitement.
从来没有一个新人得到这么多关注
Never has one rookie gotten so much attention.
人们趴在地上 为了看一眼迈克尔
Folks are lying on the ground for a glimpse of MJ.
记者跟摄影师
Reporters and photographers
继续从全世界各地赶来
continue to arrive from all over the world.
我们去的每个球场票都卖♥♥光了
Every ballpark we'd go to sold out.
人人都想看到他
Everybody wants a piece of him.
♪ If you can't take the heat Get yo' ass out the kitchen ♪
♪ We on a mission ♪
♪ Come along and ride On a fantastic voyage ♪
♪ Slide slide who-ride ♪
打得好 迈克
Nice hit, Mike.
对他打棒球这件事翻白眼是一种时尚
It was kind of fashionable to roll your eyes at him playing baseball.
我在遇到他之后
After I met him,
我很快意识到他有多尊重我们在做的事
I realized quickly how much he respected what we were doing.
迈克尔一球一击
One-one pitch to Michael.
挑击 至少能得一次分
Looping drive. It'll score at least one.
人们忘记了那个赛季的事情是
The thing that people forget about that season
他一开始就有13场安打
was he started out with a 13-game hitting streak.
乔丹 安全打左外野
Jordan, base-hit left field.
乔丹给右外野送出一记二打点的安打
Jordan delivers a two RBI single to right-center field.
13场安打期间的每一晚
Every night during that 13-game hitting streak,
我都会想 “什么时候才行?” 那终于实现了
I'm going, "When's it going to happen?" And finally it did.
他大概有一个半月
He did not see a fastball in the strike zone
没有在好球带看到快速球
for probably a month and a half.
他们想用变向球把他救出来
They're trying to get him out with breaking balls.
变向球接着变向球接着变向球
It's breaking ball after breaking ball.
每个来球他都挥棒击打
And he's swinging at every one of them.
这是迈克尔·乔丹连续第二次被三振出局
Second strikeout in a row for Michael Jordan.
前两晚 他遇到了很多变向球 对吗?
Seen a lot of breaking balls the last two nights.
4月份的连续安打是一种侥幸
That hitting streak in April was kind of a fluke.
那时候 国家媒体只是在攻击他
At that point, the national media was just giving him some shit.
我认为他几乎没有任何出彩的机会
I think his chances of being any good are almost nil.
接球…没接到
Playing and... can't make the play.
就因为你被认为是有史以来
Just because you're considered the best
打篮球打得最好的
to have ever played basketball
并不意味着你在棒球场上也会有类似的成功
does not mean you'll find similar success on the diamond.
现在他们让他上了《体育画报》的封面
And now they put him on the cover of Sports Illustrated.
他错过一个球差不多这么多
He's missing a pitch by about that much
上面写
and it says,
“打包回家吧 迈克尔·乔丹打棒球真丢人”
"Bag It, Michael. Jordan embarrasses baseball."
我记得看到那篇文章 然后心想 “不”
I remember seeing it and thinking "Oh, no."
他称成为美国职业棒球大联盟的一员是他的梦想
He calls it his dream that he wants to be a Major League Baseball player.
我称之为错觉
I call it a delusion.
他再也没有跟任何《体育画报》的人说过话
He never spoke to anybody from Sports Illustrated again.
你感觉被《体育画报》背叛了吗?
Did you feel betrayed by that SI cover?
绝对是的
Definitely.
为此 我再没有接受过他们的采访
I never was interviewed for that.
他们来批评我
They came out to critique me
不理解我当时的激♥情♥所在是什么
without understanding what my passion was at the time.
如果你有问题要问…
If you had a question to ask...
那你想写出来 你就写吧
and then if you want to write it, then you write it.
没关系 没问题 那是你的想法
That's fine. No problem. That's your opinion.
但我不管人们怎么做 这是我想做的
But I can care less what people do. This is what I want to do.
我不…我不做他们认为我该做的事
It's not what... I'm not doing what they think I should be doing.
我父亲已经告诉我我在做正确的事 我做到了
My father already told me I was doing the right thing and I did it.
离开篮球场给了他一个机会
Being away from basketball gave him an opportunity
去适应没有父亲的生活…
to adjust his life to not having his dad...
然后翻篇
and moving on.
所以你什么时候想进笼子里?
So when you want to get in the cage?
- 7点半? - 到时见
7:30? - I'm there.
这给了我最大的动力驱使我去做这件事
That fueled me more than anything and it drove me to make this thing work.
“我要奋起直追 但我一定要做到”
"I gotta play catch-up but I'm gonna do it."
挥着球杆
I had fucking blisters,
我长了水泡 蜕皮了
the second skin, swinging that bat.
他的职业道德是我见过的最好的
His work ethic was the best I've ever been around.
他很早就会到 他会跟发球机对打
He would hit early in the day. He'd hit off the breaking ball machine.
他会在常规击球训练之后过来
He would come in after regular batting practice,
在比赛前练习 然后比赛结束后再练
hit some more before the game, and then would hit again after the game.
等我们到了八月时…
By the time we got to August...
你能看到成果
you can see it just building,
他不断进步
and he kept getting better and better and better.
…到了第七
...in the seventh.
打了个飞球 很深 到了后面…不见了!
It's a fly ball, that's deep, that's back and... gone!
全垒打 迈克尔·乔丹 男爵队领先
Home run, Michael Jordan. Barons lead.
他的安打率超过了0点2 他做得那么好 真是令人吃惊
And he hit over .200. That was amazing that he did that well.
我不敢相信他的安打率有0点202
I can't believe he actually hit .202
还完成了50个全垒打
and he drove in 50 runs.
我们有很多很有潜力的球员都做不到
We had a lot of good prospects that didn't drive in 50 runs.
在我看来 1500打数
In my opinion, with 1,500 at-bats,
他就能进入大联盟了
he'd have found a way to get to the Major League.
挥棒 一记飞球!
Swing and a fly ball!
我想他在棒球场上的那段时间让他暂时解脱出来了
I think the time away in baseball freed his mind of,
你懂的 他父亲去世这件事
you know, what had happened to his father.
当你跟一支棒球队在比赛的路上时
When you're on the road with a baseball team,
你就要跟那些人在一起
that's who you're with.
你的家人不会陪着你
Your family doesn't travel with you
所以你要跟球队里的那些人待在一起
so you hang out with the guys that you're with,
那全都是他的队友们
and that was all of his teammates.
剧集 | 最后的舞动(2020) | 导航列表