剧集 | 最后的舞动(2020) | 导航列表
Step back.
当我做不到的时候 我会发疯的
It drives me insane when I can't.
等你变老时 你回头看
As you get older, you look back
你就明白了你是如何变成你现在的样子
and you understand how you became the person you are.
我觉得我不会成为现在这样
I don't think I would be here
要不是我在非常年轻的时候学到的那些
without the lessons that I learned at a very young age.
我的竞争意识从我小时候起就存在了
That competitiveness within me started when I was a kid.
我的父母给我提供了一切
My parents provided us
在生活中获得成功的机会
with all the opportunities to succeed in life.
我父亲在通用电气工作
My father worked at General Electric.
我母亲在银行工作
My mother worked at the banks.
作为一个在威明顿长大的黑人
As a black person growing up in Wilmington,
我们想要留下自己的足迹
we were trying to make our... our own footsteps.
作为一个家庭 我们天生就很坚强
As a family, we were naturally tough.
我的父亲很严厉 我的母亲也很严厉
My father was tough, my mom was tough,
他们在一个严厉的环境中抚养我们长大
and the environment they brought us in was a tough environment.
你被打倒了就得自己站起来
You get knocked down, you gotta get up.
你永远要做到最好 你永远要努力去赢
And you always give it your best and you always try to win.
我们讨厌失败
We hated to lose.
我跟我丈夫乔丹总是想分享给他们…
Mr. Jordan and myself always tried to share with them,
“别等别人给你什么
"Don't wait for somebody to give you something.
你很强大 你很聪明 自己去赢得 去努力争取”
You're strong, you're intelligent, go out and earn it and work for it."
我们有五个孩子 我跟我妻子都工作…
We had five kids and both the wife and I, both worked and, uh...
对于孩子们待在家 我们有时会担心
we would worry, at times, about the kids being home
所以我们觉得我们能做的就是让他们参与运动
so we thought something we could do was get them involved in sports.
把他们扔到小联盟球场或是体育馆
Drop them off at the Little League field or the gym
让他们参与到社群中
and keep 'em involved in the community.
我父母想让我忙起来
My parents were trying to keep me busy.
他们总是想让我们都参与有组织的运动
They always wanted all of us to play organized sports
这样我们就能学到更多关于生活的东西
so that we learn more about life.
那时候北卡罗莱纳到处都是种族主义
At the time, you had racism all over North Carolina,
美国到处都是
all over, you know, the United States.
周围有很多
And there was a lot of it around there.
所以作为孩子
So, as a kid,
我心想:“好吧 我不想在这里”
it was like, "Okay, this is where I don't want to be.
“我想要超越这一切”
I want to excel outside of this."
所以我的动力就是离开威明顿
So my motivation was to be something outside of Wilmington.
对我来说 它变成了体育运动
For me, it became athletics.
我们过去经常在后院竞争
We used to compete an awful lot in the backyard.
我的兄弟们痛恨失败
My brothers hated losing,
但和我的水平不一样
but not on the same level like me,
因为如果你赢了我 我们得打一架
because if you beat me back then, we had to fight.
我当时就是那样
And that's just the way I was.
他们两个之间竞争很激烈
They were so competitive between the two of 'em.
事实上 那个时候 可能会觉得说
Matter of fact, at that time, it might be said
拉里是最棒的篮球运动员
that Larry was the best basketball player.
我父亲推动所有人
My father pushed, he pushed everybody.
他…那时 如果他觉得你没有尽全力
And he had the tendency, if he felt you weren't doing the best you could,
他会找到办法更进一步地鞭策你
he would find a way to push you harder.
那真的刺♥激♥了迈克尔
And that really drove Michael,
因为拉里很优秀
because Larry was pretty good at quite a bit.
从竞争的角度来说 我觉得
I don't think, from a competitive standpoint,
要是没有跟我哥哥之前的冲突 我不会走到现在
I would be here without the confrontations with my brother.
当你跟你爱的人对抗时…
When you come to blows with someone you absolutely love...
那点燃了你内心的全部火焰
that's igniting every fire within you.
我总是感觉我是在跟拉里争夺我父亲的注意力
And I always felt like I was fighting Larry for my father's attention.
我在家里是个喜欢自己动手的人
I'm a do-it-yourselfer around the house.
所以我会带着拉里出去
So, I could take Larry out
他着迷于用自己的双手修东西
and he was fascinated by fixing things with his hands.
我对此感到非常自豪
Took a lot of pride in it.
迈克出来 你说 “给我把十字螺丝刀”
Michael would be out, you'd say, "Give me a Phillips screwdriver."
他可能会给你一把钳子
He might give you a pair of pliers.
我对他有点没耐心 我说
And I guess I was a little short patient with him and I'd say,
“进屋去跟你母亲待着 小子
"Get back in the house with your mom, boy.
你永远不会成功的 回去跟你母亲待着”
You're never going to be anything. Just go back with your mom."
你经历这些时 那是很让人受伤的
When you're going through it, it's traumatic,
因为我想要得到认可
because I want that, you know, I want that approval.
我想要得到那种自信
I want that type of confidence.
所以我的决定更加坚定
So my determination got even greater
即使不是更好 至少也是跟我的哥哥一样好
to be as good, if not better, than my brother.
我是在选拔中认识他的
I met him in tryouts,
但在选拔时 没有任何特别出色之处
but there was nothing particularly outstanding in tryouts.
作为高二学生 他没有入选校队
He did not make the varsity team as a sophomore.
当我回到家告诉我母亲我被刷下来时
When I got home and I told my mother I was cut,
我很崩溃 我不想再参加任何运动了
I was demoralized, I didn't want to play any more sports.
我觉得教练不喜欢我
I felt like the coach didn't like me.
他很崩溃 他生气地回到家 大哭
He was devastated. He came home upset, crying.
我们俩都哭了 因为我知道他很想跟其他人竞争
And we both cried, 'cause I knew he wanted to really compete with the other guys.
我对他说:
My words to him was,
“如果你真的想入选 你就要在夏天好好努力”
"If you really want it, you work hard over the summer."
他那年夏天照做了
And he did that summer.
他很专注 他会练习一整天
He focused, he would practice all day.
篮球从来没有离过手
That basketball never left his hand.
如果你想激发出迈克尔最棒的一面
If you wanna bring out the best in Michael,
就告诉他他做不到什么
tell him he can't do something.
或是他无法做得跟某人一样好
Or he can't do it as good as somebody else and, uh,
他把那当作个人挑战去做
I think that he takes itxa0as a personal challenge to go out and do it,
好证明你错了
just to prove you wrong.
迈克尔从高二到高三的进步是惊人的
Mike's improvement from his sophomore year to his junior year was tremendous.
这在很大程度上与他的身高有关
A lot of it had to do with his size.
他原本是1米77或1米80
He was about 5'10" or 5'11".
那年秋天回来时大约有1米9
He came back about 6'3" that fall.
他有很好的防守技巧 他总是打后卫
He had great guard skills. He always played guard.
他总是在控球
He always handled the ball.
现在长到了1米9、1米93
And now becoming, you know, 6'3", 6'4",
让他变成了一个更好的球员
that just made him into a much better ball player.
我们知道他很特别
We knew that he was special.
汉诺威郡学校的体育主任打电♥话♥给我们说
The athletic director of Hanover County Schools called us and said,
“我这里有一个人 我觉得可能有机会”
"I've got a guy down here I think may have a chance."
那就是迈克乔丹
And that was Mike Jordan.
所以我们邀请他来我们的篮球营
And so we invited him to our basketball camp.
等他来这里时 我们就知道他 我们听说他很优秀
When he got here, we knew of him, we'd heard he's pretty good.
五天后 他离开时 我们觉得他是美国最棒的球员
Five days later, when he left, we thought he was the best player in America.
这是本赛季第二季的第三场比赛
It was the third game of the season in the second season.
我们和金州勇士队比赛的时候 我想完成一个空中接力…
We're playing Golden State. I go up for a lob...
公牛队把球传给迈克尔·乔丹
Bulls on the run to Michael Jordan...
…等我下来的时候 我脚板着地
and when I landed, I landed flat-footed.
看上去迈克尔有点跛
Looks like Michael came out limping a little bit.
他的脚踝有点生疼 他刚才把它弄伤了
He's a little ginger on that ankle. He had hurt it a little earlier.
当他们进行CT扫描时 很明显断了
When they did the CAT scan, it was a clear break, and...
我完了
I was done.
去年的新秀迈克尔·乔丹
Last year's Rookie of the Year Michael Jordan
因左脚受伤下场
out with a broken left foot.
我伤心欲绝 因为我从未受过伤
I was devastated because I never got hurt.
我打着石膏了 我什么都做不了 我很焦虑
I'm in a cast. I couldn't do anything. I was anxious.
我很确定我对许多人的态度都很急躁
I'm pretty sure I was irritable to a lot of people.
他的这根骨头折断了 就在正中间
He broke this bone, right in the middle.
身体的这块区域
It's an area of the body
可能不会非常快速痊愈 因为这里供血不足
that may not heal very rapidly because of the poor blood supply.
可能需要六周、12周甚至更久去愈合
The healing time can vary from six weeks, 12 weeks or even longer.
有时候 那种骨折是无法愈合的
And occasionally, that fracture does not heal.
迈克尔到目前为止在整个高中、大学
Michael had never missed a game, through high school,
NBA阶段从来没有缺席过一场比赛
college and the NBA, so far.
突然 他缺席了6♥4♥场
All of a sudden, he misses 6♥4♥.
我什么都没做 坐在椅子上看着比赛
I'm doing nothing, watching games, sitting on the bench.
我的父母来了 花了很多时间
My mother and father came up and spent a lot of time.
你不能一直让他坐在板凳上
You could not keep him on that bench.
我和我丈夫都说:“迈克尔 你还没有准备好”
Mr. Jordan and myself is saying, "Michael, you are not ready."
他说:“我觉得你们并不清楚情况 我知道我的身体什么时候准备好”
He said, "I don't think you can tell me. I know when my body's ready."
“医生知道你什么时候准备好了”
"The doctor knows when you're ready."
我心痒痒地想做什么
剧集 | 最后的舞动(2020) | 导航列表