剧集 | 最后的舞动(2020) | 导航列表
It's the first shoe I wore in the Garden,
所以也会是最后一双
so this was gonna be the last shoe,
因为这是我最后一次在花♥园♥打球了
being that this was the last time I'd play in the Garden.
-♪ Can I kick it? ♪ -♪ Yes, you can! ♪
-♪ Can I kick it? ♪ -♪ Yes, you can! ♪
-♪ Well, I'm gone ♪ -♪ Go on, then ♪
♪ Can I kick it? To my Tribe that flows in layers... ♪
真好 你给那双鞋穿好了鞋带
Sweet. You laced those.
拜托 你当时不在 我穿这双鞋时 你还是个婴儿
Toni, you weren't around. You was a baby when I broke these out.
那是哪一年?
What was the year?
- 1984年 你当时多大? - 那是我开始打球时
- '84. How old were you? - That's when I started.
你12岁
You were 12 years old.
托尼还穿着尿片
Toni was still in diapers.
嘿 伙计 你看这双鞋
You look at these shoes,
你穿着这双鞋 然后穿上一些…
you put these shoes on then put on some of them...
创新经历了一个漫长的过程
Innovation has taken a long turn.
我第一次见到迈克尔·乔丹是在1984年
I first met Michael Jordan in 1984.
我去了北卡罗来纳见迈克尔跟他的家人
I went to North Carolina to interview Michael and his family
好去当他的经纪
to represent him.
他的父母问了很好的问题
His parents asked great questions.
他们非常聪明 非常讨人喜欢
They were very intelligent, extremely personable.
我们“专家服务”公♥司♥有很多非常有名的网球客户
Our firm, ProServ, had a lot of very high-profile tennis clients,
像吉米·康纳斯、斯坦·史密斯、阿瑟·阿什
like Jimmy Connors, Stan Smith, Arthur Ashe.
阿瑟·阿什有自己的鞋子和网球拍
Arthur Ashe had his own shoes and tennis racket.
这是我打温网时用的球拍
This is the racket I won Wimbledon with.
你可以买♥♥到它
You could've bought it.
真的
Really.
所以我们的策略是找一个团队运动选手
The strategy was to try to take a team sport player
把他当高尔夫球手、拳击手或网球运动员来对待
and treat him more like a golfer or a boxer or a tennis player.
我对大卫说:“你想干什么?”
I said to David, "What are you trying to do?"
“你想要把这家伙变成一位网球运动员?”
"You trying to turn this guy into a tennis player?"
“他是个篮球运动员 不是网球运动员”
"He's a basketball player, he's not a tennis player."
我说:“这正是我想做的”
I said, "That's exactly what I'm trying to do."
然后第一笔交易是鞋子
And the very first deal was shoes.
我们带他去见匡威
We took him out to meet Converse,
那当时是NBA的官方用鞋
which, at that time, was the official shoe of the NBA.
匡威武器
♪ The Converse Weapon ♪
那是让魔术师做他生来该做之事的鞋子
♪ That's the shoe lets Magic do What he was born to do ♪
他们有魔术师约翰逊、J博士、伯纳德·金、拉里·伯德…
They have Magic Johnson, Dr. J, Bernard King, Larry Bird...
你们已经知道你们为我做了什么
♪ Y'all already know what you did for me ♪
- 什么? - 我拿走了最有价值球员的称号♥
- ♪ What? ♪ - ♪ I walked away with the MVP ♪
匡威武器 NBA的头号♥武器
The Converse Weapon. The number-one weapon in the NBA.
匡威有知名的运动员告诉我说:“我们无法…”
Converse had big players, and told me, "We cannot...
“想象把你放在那些人前面”
envision you being put ahead of them."
好吧 行
Okay. Fine.
你有想合作的制鞋公♥司♥吗?
Did you have a shoe company that you wanted to go with?
阿迪达斯
That was Adidas.
我喜欢湖人队 我喜欢马奎斯·约翰逊
I like the Lakers and I like Marques Johnson.
我喜欢阿迪达斯 我喜欢阿迪达斯的鞋
And I like Adidas. I like the Adidas shoe.
当时阿迪达斯的状况真的很糟
Adidas was really dysfunctional by that time.
他们告诉我:“我们想跟乔丹合作
They had just told me, "We'd love to have Jordan.
只是在这个时间点 我们不需要新的鞋子代言”
We just can't make a shoe work at this point in time."
我想让迈克尔跟耐克合作 因为他们是后起之秀
I wanted Michael to go with Nike because they were the upstart.
在80年代早期的耐克
In the early '80s, Nike was,
在很大程度上是一家跑鞋公♥司♥
for the most part, a track shoe company.
迈克尔甚至都不想去耐克
Michael didn't even wanna be at Nike.
我甚至无法让他坐上飞机去工厂看看
I couldn't even get him to get on the damn plane and go visit the campus,
所以我给他的父母打了电♥话♥
so I called his parents.
我母亲说:“你得去听听
My mother said, "You're gonna go listen.
你可能不喜欢 但你要去听听”
You may not like it, but you're gonna go listen."
“妈 我不想听 我知道我想做什么
"Mom, I don't wanna hear it. I know what I wanna do.
我不会去耐克的 妈妈”
I am not going to Nike's, Mama."
我说:“迈克尔 你得给他们一次机会
I says, "Michael, you have to give 'em an opportunity."
她让我坐上了飞机去听听
She made me go on that plane and go listen.
我带着不想去的心情去见了面
I go into that meeting, not wanting to be there.
耐克给出了很诱人的提案
Nike made this big pitch.
我父亲说:“你不合作就是傻子”
My father said, "You gotta be a fool for not taking this deal."
在当时
Back then,
最棒的人
the best guys
能得到十万美元左右
might've gotten $100,000 or so,
他可能得到了25万美元
and he got probably $250,000.
我心想…
It was like...
“你们要付他多少?”
"You will pay him what?
“一个年轻的新球员…”
"A young rookie..."
“还没有任何成绩?”
"that's done nothing?"
“你们一定是疯了”
"You must be out of your mind."
当我跟耐克谈判的时候 我对他们说
When I negotiated the Nike deal, I said to them,
“你们是一家小公♥司♥ 如果你们想要找迈克尔·乔丹”
"You're a small company, and if you want Michael Jordan,"
“他就得有自己的系列”
"he's gotta have his own shoe line."
耐克公♥司♥刚刚为他们的跑鞋推出了一种
Nike had just come out with this new technology
叫做“空气鞋底”的新技术
for their running shoes called Air Soles.
显然 迈克尔在空中投篮
And obviously, Michael played in the air.
我说:“我知道了 我们就叫它飞人乔丹”
I said, "I got it. We're gonna call it Air Jordan."
“飞人乔丹?”
"Air Jordan"?
那个名字很吸引人
That got a pretty good ring to it.
我们签约时 耐克的期望
Nike's expectation, when we signed the deal,
是在四年后的年底
was at the end of year four,
他们希望能卖♥♥出价值三百万美元的飞人乔丹鞋
they hoped to sell $3 million worth of Air Jordans.
在第一年他们就卖♥♥了1亿2千6百万
In year one, we sold $126 million.
♪ I get paid when my record is played♪
♪ To put it short♪
♪ I got it made♪
作为一种商品
As a commodity,
迈克尔·乔丹现在就像卷心菜娃娃一样炙手可热
Michael Jordan is as hot as a Cabbage Patch doll right now.
代表是迅速而激烈的
The endorsements are fast and furious.
拍摄活动似乎没完没了
The photo sessions seem endless.
就像政客一样
Like a politician,
迈克尔优雅地穿梭在一群崇拜者之间
Jordan moves gracefully through a crowd of admirers,
喝着橙汁 收集名片
sipping orange juice, collecting business cards.
已经和麦当劳以及威尔逊体育用品达成了协议
Deals have already been cut with Wilson Sporting Goods, McDonald's...
对于一个孩子来说 那几乎就像…
For a kid, it was almost like...
拿着《星球大战》里的光剑
holding a lightsaber from Star Wars.
你需要那双鞋子去像他一样
You needed that shoe to be like him.
那不只是身份象征
It was more than a status symbol.
你知道这个人就是那个人
You knew this guy was the guy.
♪ 'Cause I got it made♪
它们有不同的风格
They came in different styles.
其他品牌变化不大 乔丹鞋是与时俱进的
The other brands didn't change too much. Jordans changed with the times.
人人都觉得:“你得有一双乔丹鞋”
Everybody was like, "You gotta get a pair of Jordans."
每年我们都会存钱
And so, every year we would save up money.
我会剪草坪、做家务
I would cut grass, and do chores,
然后存钱去富乐客排队
and save up money, and wait in line at Foot Locker.
在迈克尔·乔丹之前运动鞋只是打篮球时穿的
Before Michael Jordan, sneakers were just for playing basketball.
突然
And all of a sudden,
运动鞋变成了时尚和文化
sneakers became fashion and culture.
我的第一部电影是《她一定要得到它》
My first film was She's Gotta Have It.
我扮演一个叫玛尔斯·布莱克蒙的角色
I played a character called Mars Blackmon.
我确保玛尔斯会穿着一双飞人乔丹鞋
And I made sure that Mars would be wearing a pair of Air Jordans
因为迈克尔是当今年轻人的英雄
because Michael is the hero of the youth today.
你踩到我刚买♥♥的全新的白色飞人乔丹鞋了
You stepped on my brand new white Air Jordans that I just bought.
- 你花了多少钱? - 100块!
-How much you pay for 'em? -A hundred bucks!
- 美元! - 108美元加税!
-American dollars! -$108 with tax!
我让他头疼一百下
I'd give him 100 headaches.
耐克启用斯派克·李
And the fact that Nike used Spike Lee
来制♥作♥乔丹的广♥告♥
to produce Jordan commercials
突然把城市文化
suddenly brought urban culture
和体育融合在一起
and crossed it together with sports.
开始
Mark.
玛尔斯·布莱克蒙和我的主要人物迈克尔·乔丹
Mars Blackmon here with my main man Michael Jordan.
迈克 是什么让你成为了全球最棒的球星?
Mike, what makes you the best player in the universe?
- 是勇猛的扣篮吗? - 不是 玛尔斯
- Is it the vicious dunks? - No, Mars.
- 是这个发型吗? - 不是 玛尔斯
-Is it the haircut? -No, Mars.
- 是这双鞋吗? - 不是 玛尔斯
-Is it the shoes? -No, Mars.
天啊 一定是鞋子
Money, it's gotta be the shoes.
鞋子 鞋子 鞋子
剧集 | 最后的舞动(2020) | 导航列表