剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表
她有点分散注意力
and she was kind of distracting it.
我靠近,但它不断来
and I drew on it, but it kept coming.
我朝它开枪...
I shot at it...
它有点放慢了速度
and it kind of slowed it down.
我又射击一些子弹...
I got one more slug into it...
我走近了,把它放倒了
and I went over closer and just put it down.
我不一定想重复去年秋天发生的事情
I wouldn't necessarily like to repeat what happened last fall.
这不是好像我是嗜血的
It's not as if I'm bloodthirsty
我想出去杀熊
and I want to go out and kill bears.
不是这样,
That's not what this is about, you know?
我从不仅仅因为我可以杀死动物
I don't ever kill animals just because I can.
但我们在它的领地上,
but we're in its territory,
你只需要为此做好准备
and you just got to be ready for that.
我们刚刚来到这里的一些新鲜熊迹
We just came on some fresh bear tracks here.
痕迹通向鱼产卵床
the tracks are leading towards this spawning bed
我们要去看看
That we're going to check out.
回到这里,大概是在找鱼,
coming back here, it's probably looking for fish,
吃的东西
something to eat.
我们只需要绕着这个岛工作
We just got to work our way around this island
再远一点
a little bit further.
是的,有一些痕迹,
yeah, there's some tracks,
所以那只熊也在河岸走动
so that bear was walking this bank, too.
就像我们下楼一样,
same way we're getting down here,
他正在这里下来
He was getting down here.
所以也许我会在这里通过这个灌木丛
so maybe I'll get through this brush here.
只是,就像,一个 - 我会在这里通过这个灌木丛
It's only, like, a -- I'll get through this brush here.
它是,就像,100英尺
It's, like, 100 feet.
如果我们都同时经过那里,
If we all go through there at once,
会很响
It's gonna be loud.
我会看看
and I'll look.
如果我看到什么,我会给你吹口哨
If I see something, you know, I'll give you a whistle.
在那里
right there.
因为我没有杀死那只驼鹿,
because I didn't kill that moose,
我认为最适合我和埃德娜的是
What I think is the best for me and Edna is
带走我在那里杀死的驯鹿,
to take the caribou that I killed there,
我们得熏它来防止肉变质
and we're gonna have to smoke it to keep the meat from spoiling.
这将持续两周
and that'll last for two weeks
如果我们把它串起来,也许三周
and maybe three if we string it out.
我得修烟房♥,
I got to repair the smoke house,
我现在就开始生火
and I'll start the fire right now.
-好的 - 马上生火
-okay. -and get a fire going right away.
肉是我们饮食的一半
meat is half of our diet.
这很重要
It's very important.
没有肉,
without the meat,
整个冬天我们都过得很艰难
We'd have a very hard time through the winter.
我保持简单
I keep it simple.
我在那儿用防水布盖住它,
I cover it with a tarp around there,
留出一点空间进出
leave a little opening to get in and out.
然后,我要做的就是把它盖上所以一旦肉在这里,
and then, what I do is cover it also once the meat is in here,
烟消散了,那我拿上防水布
the smoke is going, then I'll take the tarp
把它翻过来盖上,这样烟雾就被封闭在里面了
and put it up and over so the smoke is enclosed in there.
人们已经这样做了可能数百万年了
people have been doing this for probably millions of years
这样保存肉类
to preserve meat.
这是很久以前我们的祖先所做的,
This is what everybody's ancestor did a long time ago,
这是他们保存肉的唯一方法
and this is the only way they kept meat is
像这样晾干,像这样熏烟
by drying it like this, smoking it like this.
烟熏这只驯鹿就像是大伤口上的小创可贴
smoking this caribou is like a small band-aid on a big cut.
无论如何,我们仍然需要驼鹿
We still need a moose regardless.
好吧,盖上
okay, cover it.
那里
There.
那里,那很好
There, that's good.
那应该让它保持良好和烟熏
That should keep it good and smoky.
我来到这里,我想也许我会看到一头熊,
I came down here, and I thought maybe I'd see a bear,
但我知道机会和我不会一样好
but I knew the chances were just as good that I wouldn't.
它们是大而凶残的掠食者
They're big, badass predators.
他们会做他们想做的事,
I mean, they'll do what they want to do,
大多数时候,
and most of the time,
他们想要做的是规避风险
What they want to do is avoid risk.
有时他们愿意冒险,
and sometimes they're willing to take a risk,
你只需要为此做好准备
and you just got to be ready for that.
我们与动物的关系,
our relationship to animals,
这是一个棘手的问题
That's kind of a thorny issue
可以理解,因为我杀了很多动物
understandably because I kill a lot of animals
在我在这里做的过程中
in the course of what I do out here.
但我也非常尊重动物,
but I also have a great deal of respect for animals,
我希望他们不必在我手中受苦
and I wish they didn't have to suffer at my hands.
我只是这里的另一个掠食者
I'm just another predator out here
说到动物,
When it comes to the animals,
我想他们明白了
and I think they get that.
我想他们知道游戏规则正在进行
I think they know that the game is on.
他们试图智取我,而我试图智取他们
They're trying to outsmart me, and I'm trying to outsmart them.
这就是他们互相玩的游戏,
and that's the game they play with each other,
我是这个地方的一部分
and I'm part of this place.
这就是我正在玩的游戏
and that's the game that I'm playing.
这是自然世界的游戏
It's the natural world at play.
狗会得到残羹剩饭
the dogs are gonna get the scraps.
他们得到鳍,头,内脏,
They get the fins, the head, the guts,
我不吃的所有东西
everything that I'm not eating.
是很好的蛋白质
It's good protein.
我渴望它
I crave it.
直到一只驼鹿开始经过,
until a moose starts coming through,
我要吃鱼,松鼠,
I'll be eating fish, squirrels,
松鸡,小玩意-
grouse, small game --
希望
hopefully.
好吧,如果你真的想用旧的方式来做,
well, if you really want to do it the old way,
那么你必须非常努力地工作,
then you have to work really hard,
它并不总是很有趣
and it's not always fun.
一切都很艰难,
everything's hard, you know?
你必须照顾好你的动物
You got to take care of your animals.
你必须确保你有柴火
You got to make sure you got firewood.
当它被洪水淹没时,你必须修理你的木屋
You got to fix your cabin when it's flooded out.
这就是现实, 这很难做到
That's the reality, you know? it's hard to do.
不要在她的里面放太多水
don't put too much water in hers.
她不会喜欢的
She won't like that.
好的
okay.
她真可爱
She's so cute.
这种生活方式的回报不是金钱...
The rewards to this lifestyle are not monetary...
给我一个吻
give me a kiss.
...而且它们并不是真正的东西
...and they're not really something
你可以握在手中
That you can hold in your hands.
他们不会把你带到物质世界的任何地方
They're not gonna get you anywhere in the material world.
你必须接受你的奖励
You have to take your rewards for what they are.
我们在这里有我们的自♥由♥
We have our freedom out here.
我们与自然有着更紧密的联♥系♥
We have a closer connection to nature.
我们每天都可以享受大自然
We get to enjoy nature on a daily basis.
我希望我能做到直到我死的那一天
and I hope I get to do it till the day I die.
哦,太静了
oh, it's too still.
一切都在为冬天做准备
everything's getting ready for winter.
一两个月内,
in a month or two,
他必须增加 30 到 40 磅
He's got to put on 30, 40 pounds.
如果他在秋天瘦了,
If he's skinny in the fall,
他不会到达春天--这个时期
He's not gonna make spring -- period.
让冷空气无法进入木屋
keep the cold air out of the cabin.
就在那堵墙的另一边,
just on the other side of that wall,
外面是40度以下
It's, like, 40 below outside.
你必须配给一切
You've got to ration everything
因为整个冬天都不够
because it's not gonna be enough for the whole winter.
刘易斯:别动 不要发出任何声音
Lewis: Don't make a move. Don't make any noise.
剧集 | 最后的阿拉斯加(2015) | 导航列表