剧集 | 校园时代 | 导航列表
而是球员
It's the actual players!
我太聪明了
Good stuff!
错
Wrong.
这是事实 只有好教练才能打造一支好队伍
It's a fact, only a great coach can make a great team.
我们来谈谈事实吧
Let's talk facts.
达阵都是谁做到的
Who scores all the touchdowns?
-球员 -谁撞倒四分卫
- The players. - And who sacks the quarterback?
球员
The players.
我们去年和杰曼镇学院的比赛里
And in our game against Germantown last year,
谁告诉我们四分卫无聚商第三次进攻
who told our quarterback to go no huddle on third down
一击致胜的
and pass for the win?
-你 -正确
- That's you! - Correct!
但是罗尼喊口令 自己就跑过去了
But then Ronnie called an audible and ran it in himself,
我就站在那看着
and I just stood there and I watched!
到头来
At the end of the day,
我和我的口哨什么都没做
me and my whistle don't do a damn thing.
不 瑞克 别摘下口哨
No, Rick, do not take that whistle off.
取下了 拿去吧
Whistle's off. Take it.
但这是你主要的教练工具
But it's your main coach tool.
我用什么不重要
Doesn't matter what I use.
面对现实吧 我做什么都没用
Let's face it, nothing I do makes a difference.
怎么是湿的
Why is it wet?
教练把口哨交给格拉斯科特已经一天了
It had been a day since Coach handed over his whistle to Glascott,
但远远没有结束
but it was far from over.
老大 我们有大问题了
Boss, we got a huge problem!
我跟你说了 强尼 戴橡胶手套的是你
I told you, Johnny, you're the one with the rubber gloves.
你去处理
You handle it.
不 是桂格杯
No, it's the Quaker Cup.
不见了
It's gone.
不可能
That's impossible!
梅勒每隔一小时会准点检查那奖杯的
Mellor checks on that trophy once an hour on the hour.
不
Oh, no.
天啊 不要 瑞克 不要
Oh, God, no, Rick, no!
不
Oh, no!
别看我 我太丑恶了
Don't look at me. I'm hideous.
立刻放下那汤匙
Put that spoon down right now!
让我安静跟我的奖杯道别
Let me say goodbye to my trophy in peace!
不
No!
你知道当我觉得自己工作差劲的时候
Do you know how many times you've picked me up
你鼓励了我多少次吗
when I felt like I was bad at my job?
很多 很多很多次
Like, a lot. Like, way too many times.
太多了 以至于想想都头大
Like, so much that it's a bummer to even think about.
频率确实很高的样子
It does seem to happen with great frequency.
我们都同意次数很多
We both agree it's an alarming amount!
重点是 你总是在我感觉工作差劲的时候
Point is, you've always picked me up
给我打气
when I felt like I was bad at my job,
现在是时候让我
and now it's time for me to give you
给你打气了
an inspirational locker room pep talk.
那天
That day,
约翰·格拉斯科特发表了人生里最棒的一次瑞克·梅勒演说
John Glascott gave the greatest Rick Mellor speech of his life.
自然而然 以一次愤怒的踢水壶开场
Naturally, it began with the angry jug kick.
我受够了你气馁的态度
I'm tired of your defeated attitude
还有你不停吃乳制品
and your sad dairy consumption!
你也许想放弃 但我拒绝放弃你
You may wanna give up, but I refuse to give up on you!
紧接着是真诚道歉
Followed by the heartfelt apology.
抱歉你得看到刚才的画面
I'm sorry you had to see that.
只是我太在乎了
It's just that I care so much.
尤其是我的脚
Especially in my foot,
疼得厉害 我快要吐了
which hurts so bad that I may throw up.
然后又是经典的"我放弃"的把戏
Then the classic "I quit" Maneuver.
你想放弃吗
You wanna just throw in the towel?
那我也放弃
Then I will, too!
我不干了
I quit!
只能怪你
That's on your head!
是你一手造成的
You did this!
然后就恢复了得意的样子
And then the triumphant return.
是我 我回来了
Hey, look, it's me. I'm back.
我比从前更相信你
And I believe in you more than ever.
都不奏效 于是他耍流氓
None of it worked, so he went rogue.
听好了 你个混♥蛋♥
Listen up, you sack of !
别再自怨自艾
Stop acting like a sorry-ass
振作起来 该死
and get your head in the game, for sake!
打住 你什么毛病
Stop! What's the matter with you, man?
我不知道 我不擅长这个
I don't know. I-I'm not good at this.
我打气的时候是这样的吗
Is that what I sound like when I'm giving a pep talk?
天 我比我以为的还要没用
Oh, God. I'm more useless than I thought.
你不是没用的 瑞克
You're not useless, Rick.
也许你没有
Okay, so, maybe you don't actually
让球员们赢得比赛
make the players win the game,
但老实说 那也不是你的工作
but, honestly, that's not your job.
-当然是了 -不
- Of course it is. - No.
你的工作是教会他们即使输了
Your job is to teach those kids that even when they lose,
他们仍然可以觉得自己是胜利者
they can still feel like winners.
你说得对
You're right.
知道吗
And ya know...
我想我想到了一个能成功的计划
I actually think I have a plan that just may work.
好了 桂格战士
Alright, Quaker warriors.
聚过来 今天有重要比赛
Huddle up. We got a big game today.
别打气了 教练
No more pep talks, Coach.
没必要说服我们
There's no point in trying to convince us
我们可以战胜杰曼镇学院
we can actually beat Germantown.
同意
Agreed!
我不是来大说一通的
Look, I'm not one to get up here and make big speeches,
但无论你喜欢与否 我们都要去比赛
but like it or not, we got a game to play.
但我们还是可以找到办法获胜
But we can still find a way to win.
怎么做
How?
我们尽力
We do everything in our power
确保这场比赛不是一边倒
to make sure this game isn't a total blowout.
但那意味着我们还是会输
But...that means we still lose.
但我们是带着尊严比赛
But we do it with dignity.
我知道你们都在想我们会输至少50分
I know you're all thinking we're gonna lose by at least 50.
猜猜怎么着
Well, guess what.
我相信我们可以只输49分
I know in my heart that we can lose by just 49!
不可能 教练
That's impossible, Coach.
是吗 罗尼
Is it, Ronnie?
雷扎 我们一致同意
Reza, we all agree you're gonna throw
你要至少进行9次截停
a minimum of nine interceptions.
但如果你能进行4次 就算获胜
But if you can throw just four, that's a win.
史上最大的胜利 可能吗
The biggest. Is it even possible?
当然
Hell yes!
我知道我们的防线薄如蝉翼
I know our defensive line is as thin as paper,
但我们可以做到厚如纸板
but I say be thick as cardboard!
我知道我们的跑卫慢如糖蜜
And I know our running backs are as slow as molasses,
但我们可以做枫糖浆
but I say be maple syrup!
即使你只会笨手笨脚地接球
And if you're gonna sloppily fumble the ball,
也要昂首挺胸
you do it with your head held high!
-我说得对吗 -对
- Am I right?! - Yeah!
你们准备好向杰曼镇学院展示
Are you ready to go out there and show Germantown
无论他们拿多少分
that no matter how many points they score,
我们都会死死守住50的界线吗
we draw the line at 50?!
准备好了
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
那我们就去输球吧
Well, then let's get out there and get our asses kicked,
不过没有大家想的那么惨
but not as badly as everybody expects!
好
Yeah!! Yeah!! Yeah!! Yeah!!
我们做到了 我们只输了49分
We did it! We only lost by 49!
你们知道我们赢了 对吧
You do know we won, right?
只是比分板上赢了
Only according to the scoreboard.
拿去 它属于你们
Here. I believe this is yours.
照顾好它
Take good care of her.
那天 教练赢得了他生涯里最重要的一场比赛
That day, Coach won the biggest game of his career.
剧集 | 校园时代 | 导航列表