剧集 | 月光花谋杀案(2024) | 导航列表
Do you know them? They're an independent.
规模不大,但是很成功
They're small, but you know, they're successful.
我以为你在克里特岛过得很开心
I thought you were happy in Crete.
我是,但我很想念出版业
I am. But I miss publishing.
安德鲁对这一切有什么想法?
What does Andreas think about all of this?
这并不容易
It's not easy.
天啊,我们有好多话要聊
God, we've got so much to catch up on.
我们何不晚餐时聊呢?
Why don't we do it over supper?
你有兴趣的话,转角新开了一间小酒馆
A new little bistro opened up around the corner,
不是什么正式的餐厅
if you're up for it, it's very informal.
嗯…我很乐意
Yeah, I'd... I'd like that.
太好了
Great.
对了,我查到你问的犯人了
By the way, I managed to track down your prisoner.
斯特凡列奥尼达
Stefan Leonida
被关在罗福郡的韦斯特恩监狱
is being held in HMP Waystern in Norfolk.
好的,你能把我弄进去吗?
Right. Can you get me in?
我刚好认识监狱长
As it happens, I know the governor.
基本上,我把你加入他们的扫盲计划中
Basically, I've added you to their literacy program.
当然,会需要填一些表格
Obviously, there are some forms to fill in
而且列奥尼达先生必须同意一对一
and Mr. Leonida has to agree to a one-to-one.
太好了,谢谢你
Brilliant. Thank you.
我很高兴能帮上忙
I'm glad to help.
你知道去年我的书在监狱里
Did you know that last year my books
是第三受欢迎的
were the third most popular in prison
仅在詹姆斯帕特森和杰佛瑞亚契之后?
after James Patterson and Jeffrey Archer?
我不意外
I'm not surprised.
你知道的…
Well, you know...
我在考虑卖♥♥掉酒店
不可以!
卖♥♥给谁?
卖♥♥给你
我?
我希望你买♥♥下我的股份
你在说什么,安德鲁?我没有钱
去筹钱,亚尼斯
你也知道少了苏珊我做不来
这不像你!
我知道
但我需要她
没有她我很悲惨
她在你的咖啡里下药了
我不知道
我明天要去英国
我要去找她谈,如果她不肯跟我回来
那我只能留在那里
拉克酒,大瓶的
-苏珊,抱歉久等了 -纳坦
-Susan. Sorry to keep you waiting. -Nathan.
-很高兴再次见到你 -我也是
-It's great to see you again. -And you.
-你好吗?-嗯,我很好,谢谢
-How are you? -Yeah, I'm good. Thank you.
-嗯 -请,上来吧
-Yeah. -Please, come on up.
所以你一直待在雅典?多久了?
So you've been in Athens? How long is it now?
一年,其实是克里特岛
A year. And actually, it's Crete.
是的
Yes, that's it.
而且你在经营酒店
And you've been running a hotel.
特里菲利酒店?
The Trifilli?
对,那是希腊文的三叶草
Yes. It's a Greek for clover.
安德鲁取的,是根据…
Andreas named it after...
三叶草图书出版
Clover Books.
发生那些事我很遗憾
I was very sorry to hear about what happened.
嗯,很糟糕
Yeah. Yeah, it was horrible.
所以你想回来?
So, you want to come back?
所以我才在这里
That's why I'm here.
嗯,我想念出版业
Yeah, I miss publishing.
我听说你在找资深编辑
And I heard you're looking for a senior editor.
你别见怪,我就开门见山地说了
If you don't mind, I'll just say right from the off.
我觉得面试你有点尴尬,苏珊
I feel a little awkward interviewing you, Susan.
我以为这只是两个朋友在聊天
I thought it was just a conversation between two friends,
其中一人在15年前
one of whom had given the other
给了另一个人在出版业的第一份工作
his first job in publishing 15 years ago.
我依旧很感激
I'm still grateful.
不必,你的表现很出色
You don't need to be. You did a brilliant job.
那好吧
Okay, then.
但身为朋友,我得老实跟你说,苏珊
But as a friend, I'll be honest with you, Susan,
我很想让你加入
I'd love to have you on board.
如果这是我能决定的事,你明天就开始上班
If it was my decision, you'd start tomorrow.
但我得跟我的伙伴们谈谈,说服他们
But I'd have to talk to my partners. Persuade them.
-说服他们?-他们不认识你
-Persuade them? -Well, they don't know you.
但他们认识艾伦康威
But they know Alan Conway.
卖♥♥了一千八百万本
Eighteen million copies sold.
我是说,他们听过《白匕♥首♥》系列
I mean, they've heard of the White Dagger series.
他们读过克雷格安德鲁斯的书
They've read Craig Andrews.
艾伦康威死了
Alan Conway is dead.
《白匕♥首♥》绝版了
White Dagger's out of print.
就连克雷格安德鲁斯的书,也不像过去那么畅销
And even Craig Andrews doesn't sell like he used to.
我懂你的意思了
That's told me, I suppose.
不,我也不想这样,我只是说说
No, I don't mean to do that, I'm just saying.
你离开一年了
You've been away for a year.
事情变化得很快
And things have been changing very fast.
人、产业
The people, the industry.
你是说我脱节了?
You saying I'm out of touch?
-我没有那样说 -我认为你是那个意思
-I didn't say that. -I think you implied it.
那好吧,我问你一件事
Okay, then. Fine. Let me ask you something.
你有IG账号♥吗?
Do you have an Instagram account?
没有
No.
-你有用抖音吗?-没有
-Are you on TikTok? -No.
-你怎么看浪漫奇幻小说?-为什么这么问?
-What do you think of romantasy? -Why do you ask?
销♥售♥量达四千万册,主要是透过说书话
Forty million copies sold, mainly through Booktalk.
-我也没有用说书话 -我就是这个意思
-I'm not on Booktalk either. -That's what I mean.
这就是我想说的
That's what I'm talking about.
不,你讲的是大众文学
No, what you're talking about is genre fiction.
浪漫奇幻小说是能卖♥♥出数百万册,但…
Romantasy may sell millions, but...
你真的喜欢吗?
You really a fan?
我喜欢销♥售♥量
I'm a fan of the sales.
从老派观点来看,世上许多伟大的作家
And some of the biggest writers in the world aren't writers,
已经不再是作家了
in the old school sense. Not anymore.
-他们是网红 -嗯
-They're influencers. -Right.
嗯,好,你真的相信这些?
Yeah. Okay. Do you really believe that?
你信吗?
Do you?
没错,时代改变了
Times have changed. Yes, of course they have.
但你和我一样都很清楚书能卖♥♥出去
But you know as well as I do that what sells books
靠的不是任何形式的社群媒体
isn't social media in any shape or form.
靠的是作家能够讲述
It's writers who can tell stories
对人们生活有意义的故事
that mean something to people's lives.
那是我的世界,如果你想让我觉得
That's my world. If you want to make me feel like
自己活像个老古董
I'm Methuselah's great aunt,
那么我对你很失望,因为我不是那种人
then I'm disappointed in you because that is not who I am
你刚进这行时也不是这个样子
and it's not how you were when you started out.
好吧,那么…
Okay, then...
好,那我问你另一件事
All right. Let me ask you something else.
如果你想聊老派
If you want to talk old school.
我们要出版一本露丝佛利的犯罪小说
We're publishing a crime novel by Lucy Foley.
她很会写
She's very good.
这是封面
Here's the cover.
你觉得怎么样?
What do you think?
标题很好,颜色也不错
It's a good title. I like the colors.
-但影像我不太确定 -为什么?
-But I'm not sure about the image. -Why not?
因为它既粗糙又老套
Because it's crass and cliched,
其实蛮糟的
and it's actually rather horrible.
露丝佛利是一名有才华的作家
Lucy Foley is an intelligent writer.
她不需要这种影像
She doesn't need this sort of an image.
-它就是这个意思 -我们的行销团队很喜欢
-Which is actually what it shows. -Our marketing team liked it.
他们错了,露丝的读者会用脑
They're wrong. Lucy's readers use their brains.
他们不必看到脑子摊在整个封面上
They don't need to see them splattered all over the page.
那是我的点子
And it was my idea.
我认为那不是个好点子
I don't think it's a good one.
我们会再通知你
We'll let you know.
我想你已经说得很清楚了
I think you already have.
我们要一瓶夏布利一级园白酒
We'll have a bottle of the Chablis Premier Cru.
没问题
Perfect.
谢了
Thanks.
剧集 | 月光花谋杀案(2024) | 导航列表