他死的那晚随最后一批邮件寄出
Sent last post the night he died.
好 谢谢
Right, thanks.
看来瓦伦斯小姐说的是真的 长官
Looks like Miss Vallens is on the level, sir.
乔治娜·班纳德以她的名字
Georgina Bannard had a string
犯下了一系列卖♥♥淫罪
of soliciting convictions to her name.
但其实不是"她"的名字
I say "her name." Truth is,
每次她被捕都用不同的假名
she gave a different alias every time she got nicked.
玛丽昂·查尔兹
Marion Childs.
琼恩·巴克里奇
June Buckridge.
贝蒂·布林克
Betty Brinker.
好吧
Right.
我去告诉布莱特先生我们的进展
Well, I'd better let Mr. Bright know where we are.
你没告诉他吗
You didn't tell him?
老爷子
The old man.
有关那晚和琼在月光酒吧的事
About the other night, with Joanie at the Moonlight.
换我就会说
I would've.
如果是你的话
If it was you.
不 你不会的
No, you wouldn't.
你明天就要参加警长考试了
Look, you've got your sergeants' coming up tomorrow.
如果我能让你看看考卷呢
What if I could get you a look at the exam paper?
如果你考不过
If you don't pass,
就还得再做一年普通警务
you'll be stuck on General Inquiries for another year.
你想那样吗
That what you want?
我是想帮你
I'm trying to do you a favor.
不
No.
你是想收买♥♥我
You're trying to buy me off.
如果你真想帮我的话
If you want to do me a favor...?
别玩弄她
Don't mess her about.
好吗
All right?
没错 是我写的
Yeah, that's my scrawl.
他在沃尔西花♥园♥上了车
I picked him up from Wolsey Gardens.
老头 50多岁
Old boy, 50s.
我看像个老师
Don, I took him for.
怎么说
How come?
因为他的公文包
On account of the briefcase.
我记得他 因为他给了我十镑的小费
I remember him because he give me a ten-bob tip.
几点的事
What time was this?
7:30左右
Around half-7:00.
你送他去了哪
Where did you take him?
火车站
Station.
等了会儿 又返程了
Wait and return.
我还以为他肯定是去接人
I took it he must've been meeting someone,
可他在里面才待了不到五分钟
only he wasn't in there five minutes.
给你 先生
There you are, sir.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
385号♥
385...
稍等一下
One moment.
给你 先生
Here we are, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们不是拿到科克·诺里斯教授的公文包了吗
I thought we had Professor Coke Norris's briefcase?
杀他的人也以为 长官
So did whoever killed him, sir.
但有两个公文包
But there were two:
一个在他被撞的隔壁街上找到
the one found in the next street to where he was run over
还有这个
and this.
你从哪拿到的
Where did you come by it?
火车站的行李寄存处 长官
In the left luggage office at the station, sir.
那张券就是用来取包的
That's what the raffle ticket was for.
他在去贝德利学院的路上 坐出租车去了那儿
He got a taxi there on the way to Badeley College.
他带着第一个公文包进了站
He goes into the station with the first briefcase,
把这个包留在那儿
leaves this one inside,
然后带着和进去时一样的包出来
then comes out carrying the same one he went in with.
看到他的人丝毫没察觉
No one watching him's any the wiser.
那里面装了什么
So what's in it?
我还没来得及仔细查看里面的内容 长官
I haven't had a chance to examine it in detail, sir,
但看上去像是一份资金流水
but it appears to be a list of financial transactions.
具体说 是每一笔科克·诺里斯
Specifically, every bribe and back-hander
发现的贝德利学院
that Coke Norris was able to uncover
和市议会间的受贿和回扣记录
between Badeley College and the council.
市议会
The council?
我不是明确传达过警部的想法了吗
I thought I'd made Division's views on this quite clear.
我还没来得及告诉摩斯 长官
I haven't had a chance to put Morse in the picture as yet, sir.
那让我替你说吧
Then let me save you the trouble.
市议会和学院之前如何进行交易
How the council and the college conduct their business
是他们的事
is a matter for them.
哪怕此事涉及腐♥败♥行为
Even if it involves corrupt practices?
你自己说的
You've said yourself
你还没来得及细看这份资料
you don't have time to examine this dossier in detail.
初看可疑的事
What at first glance may appear suspect
仔细调查后 可能并无不妥
might turn out on further examination to be quite innocent.
那贝德利学院的院长
Well, I'm sure the master at Badeley
肯定能够澄清任何误会
will be able to clear up any misunderstandings.
贝德利学院的院长
The master at Badeley
不可再被打扰
is not to be troubled further,
这事就这么定了
and that is my final word on the subject!
科克·诺里斯可能发现了
Coke Norris may have been on to something
市议会和学院之间的勾当
between the council and the college,
但这里面并没有
but there's nothing in here
卡斯帕和交易有关的证据
which ties the deal up with Kasper.
他肯定有份
He's involved.
你就相信吧
Don't you worry about that.
他绝对有份
He's in it up to his neck.
出自《白鲸》 摩斯在说瑟斯戴执迷
"看到过白鲸吗"
"Hast seen the white whale?"
琼说了她那晚
My Joan say what she was doing
怎么会在月光酒吧吗
at the Moonlight the other night?
银行职员聚会
Clerks' night out.
她跟女同事一起去的
Girls from the bank.
你怎么也去了
How come you were there?
我去查案的
I was working on the case.
我在找乔治娜·班纳德
Looking for Georgina Bannard.
我都叫你别去了
After I told you to steer clear?
我不需要保护 长官
Look, I don't need protecting, sir.
是吗
Don't you?
对
No.
我不会落得米奇·卡特的下场
I won't end up like Mickey Carter.
你知道什么
What would you know about it?
我见过他的寡妇了
I saw his widow.
你什么
You did what?
对 去伦敦的时候
Yeah, when I was in London.
背着我这么干
Going behind my back?
不 长官
No, sir.
我是尽职
Doing my job.
你的职责是听我命令
Your job's what I say it is.
那不关你事
You'd no business!
如果跟案子有关 就是我的事
If it has a bearing on the case, then it is my business.
你是不会告诉我的
You weren't going to tell me.
是维克·卡斯帕吗
Was it Vic Kasper?
无法证明
Couldn't prove it.
调查开始指向米奇也受贿了
Investigation started turning up Mickey'd been on the take.
他当然没有
He hadn't, of course.
就是陷害 但上头不想听
It was a fit-up, but the brass didn't want to know.
都掩盖起来了
Brushed it under the carpet.
以你的个性不会放手的
You wouldn't let that go.
我是放手了
Oh, I let it go, all right.
这令我羞愧
To my shame.
我撒手了 任由他们把米奇·卡特的清名
I walked away and let them bury Mickey Carter's good name
随他一起埋葬
along with his body.
他们拿你在乎的东西威胁你
They come at you through what you care about.
所以你才搬来了牛津
That's why you moved to Oxford.
差不多吧
More or less.
但要到此为止了
剧集 | 摩斯探长前传 | 导航列表